PDA

View Full Version : Vote Carrie Underwood EOTY

iloveben7
03-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I was wondering if you guys could please help us Carrie fans out. It would mean a lot to us and Carrie if she won Entertainer of the Year at the 2009 ACM Awards. All you have to do is register for a free account at cbs and then just vote for Carrie. It's as simple as that. Thanks so much

http://www.cbs.com/specials/acma/vote/

Hammer67
03-16-2009, 05:24 PM
The only reason I would vote for her is that she is smoking hot....

KeiselPower99
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Hot? YES!!!!! Do I like her? Not really.

iloveben7
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
well just vote for her PLEASE lol
she's the only girl nominated

stillers4me
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry, Carries' a bore.

Now Keith Urban is an entertainer! His concerts are smokin' hot and I don't even like country music. I'd go see Keith Urban again anyday.

Hammer67
03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Sorry, Carries' a bore.

Now Keith Urban is an entertainer! His concerts are smokin' hot and I don't even like country music. I'd go see Keith Urban again anyday.

I think I am going to have to agree here. My wife is a country fan (so that basically makes me one whether I am or not) and I took her to see Chesney (kind of stunk live), Paisly (was great live and could jam...nice media presentation), and Urban, who opened for Chesney. I have to say that Kieth Urban was the least interesting to me ahead of time but blew me away...what a guitarist. That guy ROCKED!

Carrie Underwood seems like most current country cookie cutter artists. I am sure she isn't very good live (just plays songs like they are on the radio). A good live entertainer spices things up and jams!

KeiselPower99
03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I like Brad Paisley. He is one of the few country artists I like now. Jason Aldean being the other one. I actually dont mind Carrie Underwood as much as other country females.

iloveben7
03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Carrie Underwood seems like most current country cookie cutter artists. I am sure she isn't very good live (just plays songs like they are on the radio). A good live entertainer spices things up and jams!

well you must have NEVER seen her live then. She plays the guitar on 2 of her songs, sings Paradise City/November Rain by G&R, and mixes her songs up and everything. Don't say something when you don't know for sure

PAMillerGrrl83
03-17-2009, 12:20 AM
I think I am going to have to agree here. My wife is a country fan (so that basically makes me one whether I am or not) and I took her to see Chesney (kind of stunk live), Paisly (was great live and could jam...nice media presentation), and Urban, who opened for Chesney. I have to say that Kieth Urban was the least interesting to me ahead of time but blew me away...what a guitarist. That guy ROCKED!

Ack I cant believe you thought Kenny was "kinda bad" live, I've saw him and Keith Urban and the two have TOTALLY different shows, both equally good but TOALLY different. BUT back on track, sorry hon I like Carrie but as a 13 year Kenny fan I hafta vote for him.

Hammer67
03-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Ack I cant believe you thought Kenny was "kinda bad" live, I've saw him and Keith Urban and the two have TOTALLY different shows, both equally good but TOALLY different. BUT back on track, sorry hon I like Carrie but as a 13 year Kenny fan I hafta vote for him.

I am not saying he is bad...I like him and his songs. But live, he didn't impress. I don't want to go to a live show and hear the same renditions of songs I could hear on the radio for free. Kenny had no value add. His delivery was tick for tack of the studio versions of his tunes. I HATE that. Urban was an incredible showman and his band would just play and jam out on songs. Paisly did as well. Both great live shows to me. Chesney, not that much.

And, speaking of Underwood...I saw a live tape of one of her shows and, well, I wouldn't pay to see her. But that's my opinion.