PDA

View Full Version : What an Offseason!!!!

aclark99
03-16-2009, 03:43 PM
This has been an awful offseason for the Steelers. With the signings we have made to date. It will be a miracle if we get back to the Super Bowl. The draft is going to be important to our team. We need some studs to be drafted. Starks was a poor signing. Kemo was a poor signing. We have no back up QB. We lost our starting CB for dirt cheap and all we sign is our third stringers. Quite impressive for a Super Bowl Champion Team. Any other thoughts on our offseason.

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Any other thoughts on our offseason.

Yep, heard the same crapola last offseason. Next. :coffee:

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
21 of 22 starters returning from the World Champion Steelers?
What a nightmare!

MACH1
03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Need some cheese with that whine.

revefsreleets
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
We need to sell the team, fire everyone and move to Cleveland!
(Well, it IS a stupid thread, so why not?)

lilyoder6
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
we lost ike taylor as well???? b/c last time i checked he was our #1 cb on the #1 def...

and honestly, the small activity in FA just goes to show that the steelers DON"T have any glaring holes to fill to go out and get a big name FA

The Duke
03-16-2009, 03:52 PM
What is this, bitch about the steelers week? :doh:

NEPAsteeler
03-16-2009, 03:53 PM
When do the Steelers ever make any huge moves/signings in the offseason? Obviously they're doing something right. Just go check the 6 Lombardi Trophys currently sitting in the 'burgh.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, exactly how many big time free agents did we sign last offseason?

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow, exacgtly how many big time free agents did we sign ANYoffseason?

Fixed that for ya. :thumbsup:

PisnNapalm
03-16-2009, 04:07 PM
This has been an easy and uneventful off season. What are you bitching about? We've got a solid core of players. Yes the draft will be important because we'll need new starters in the coming years, but for now... We're solid. Just draft an O-lineman or 2.

Dino 6 Rings
03-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Plus I think a lot of this years signings went into getting guys locked up prior to the Cap Free Season that is looming...so we are actually looking 2 seasons ahead with some of our signings...but what does the front office know...they only put together Super Bowl teams 2 out of the last 4 years.

Dino 6 Rings
03-16-2009, 04:13 PM
I know...maybe we can sign Randy Moss so we can go 18-0 only to CHOKE in the Super Bowl because we have no secondary and no offensive line protection against a four man front...

Or maybe we can Sign Terrell Owens so we can have Locker Room Poison and never win a playoff game...

or maybe we can sign Haynesworth so his legal troubles follow him to our team as well and make us look like schmucks after he gets 40 million in gaurenteed money....

Or maybe we can bring in Pac Man jones who hasn't yet been proven to haing put a hit on someone....

Or maybe we should go after Peppers who has been on a team for his entire career that has been in the playoffs quite a few times, the Super Bowl once but he's biatching about money...not about Rings...

That's the type of team we should put together...

truesteelerfan
03-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't know....we did sign a pretty important OL position last year during the offseason...an upgrade at C wouldn't you agree...This time we have only lost people...so I'd be ok with at least signing someone....maybe find another Ryan Clark who fit us perfectly...why did Washington let him go?

Dragonrider
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Is this post a joke?

Steelman16
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Is this post a joke?

Sadly...no.

BlastFurnace
03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
This has been an awful offseason for the Steelers. With the signings we have made to date. It will be a miracle if we get back to the Super Bowl. The draft is going to be important to our team. We need some studs to be drafted. Starks was a poor signing. Kemo was a poor signing. We have no back up QB. We lost our starting CB for dirt cheap and all we sign is our third stringers. Quite impressive for a Super Bowl Champion Team. Any other thoughts on our offseason.

Who did you want the Steelers to bring in that would have made it successful?

How long have you been following the Steelers?

Bottom line...it will be taken care of. It always is.

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Who did you want the Steelers to bring in that would have made it successful?

How long have you been following the Steelers?

Bottom line...it will be taken care of. It always is.

We've lost one starter up to now. I can remember practically losing half the damn team to FA on an annual basis during the '90s. This has been a red-letter offseason so far, if you ask me.

4xSBChamps
03-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Is this post a joke?

Sadly...no.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z172/tony762x39/Fester.jpg?t=1237240765

STOP THE VOICES IN MY HEAD!!!!!

PalmerSteel
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM

gonna assume you just becamse a steelers fan this past february? business as usual this offseason and if you actually paid attention to how the steelers have operated since FA was created, you would know this. :helmet:

DoubleSh0t
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
gonna assume you just becamse a steelers fan this past february? business as usual this offseason and if you actually paid attention to how the steelers have operated since FA was created, you would know this. :helmet:

I'm a new fan, and even I know that the Steelers don't make ridiculous moves in the off season. It's much better that way.

Preacher
03-16-2009, 07:01 PM

Well, I guess it is time to whip out the chicken little pics again.

http://www.seanpercival.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/sky-is-falling.jpg

X-Terminator
03-16-2009, 07:12 PM

Looks like we have yet another candidate for the Cranial-Rectal Inversion surgery...

I've already gone over this with another noobie dullard, so I'm not going to waste more of my time. All I'll simply say is go root for New Cheatland* if you're so damn unhappy about the Steelers' FO resisting the temptation to overpay for other team's table scraps.

St33lersguy
03-16-2009, 07:29 PM
This is the exact same stuff that the Steelers do every offseason. They have been winning 6 superbowls while doing this. What did you expect the Steelers to do. The owner is Dan Rooney, not Al Davis or Dan Snyder. Would I love to bring in a great talent? Sure why not but the thing is the steelers don't operate that way. Apparently according to your definition of a good offseason every offseason the Steelers have had for as long as anyone can remember was a crappy offseason. You will probably saying any newcomer the Steelers sign is a "crappy signing". P.S. The Steelers still have Dennis Dixon as QB so yes they do have a backup QB.

wootawnee
03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
The guy who posted this is a BUM.....He has been posting this Jago all day........My bet he is from another team.......Probably the Bungles........lol:blah:

steelwall
03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
We've lost one starter up to now. I can remember practically losing half the damn team to FA on an annual basis during the '90s. This has been a red-letter offseason so far, if you ask me.

Got that right...I'm actually liking this so far. All we are going to do is get better. Like I said in another post. Keeping the special teams together, getting Sepulveda back, Mendy back, and if we do manage to get a decent #3 WR and/or burner kick returner we will have a very very solid team.

JackHammer
03-16-2009, 10:31 PM

This, and....

21 of 22 starters returning from the World Champion Steelers?
What a nightmare!

......this.

SC Steeler Steve
03-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm good.

tony hipchest
03-16-2009, 11:18 PM

this post shows you know nothing of cap management or not mortgaging the future for a single season of hope.

james harrison > you

devilsdancefloor
03-16-2009, 11:32 PM
http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/3/16/gumby12001/f_omgm_1522c79.gif

Steelman16
03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/3/16/gumby12001/f_omgm_1522c79.gif

:toofunny:

ricksteelers55
03-17-2009, 02:21 AM

Well dude,it's not too late for you to jump on the redskins bandwagon,the only problem is you wont see any action in january.Id rather see plenty of action during the playoffs than in the offseason.

Galax Steeler
03-17-2009, 04:54 AM

:toofunny:

steelerdave1969
03-17-2009, 05:03 AM
We need to sell the team, fire everyone and move to Cleveland!
(Well, it IS a stupid thread, so why not?)

No Doubt!! I doubted the Steelers last season and praised what the Browns had did with all the signing that they did and see what happened to the Browns?
I think the Steelers are not done signing players yet, they are just waiting to let the fog clear. I think the Steelers are putting more imphasis on this upcoming draft than signing free agents who are looking for the most money they can get because of the uncaped season next year. I think the Steelers are playing smart and I guess we will see

stillers4me
03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm enjoying watching all these other teams try and buy themselves a trophy.

All while we sit back and polish our homegrowns ones.

Steelers & I
03-17-2009, 05:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing but I figured that I would leave it to one of the department bullies to point it out.

Steelers & I
03-17-2009, 05:43 AM

The bold portion of your post does make sense but then again, Isn't EVERY draft important to our team? Don't the Steelers "typically" come away from every draft with one or two studs? You really don't expect many, if any at all, of this years draft picks to start do you? Special teams maybe but that's it.

In 2009 the Steelers are going to dance with who they came with and when you consider that more than 90% of their dancing partner was hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at the end of last season, that leaves little to gripe about.

Things will be alright man, you'll see. :thumbsup:

steelballs
03-17-2009, 05:52 AM

Thoughts on our offseason....let's see, we picked up a tool that shows his lack of NFL knowledge with every stroke of his keyboard, other than that...I'm good.

fansince'76
03-17-2009, 06:15 AM
I was thinking the same thing but I figured that I would leave it to one of the department bullies to point it out.

And I was beginning to worry that one of the department smartasses might fail to spot a post that they agreed with in principle, but yet still take a shot at the poster who wrote it. Glad I wasn't disappointed. :thumbsup:

St33lersguy
03-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Apparently the sky because the Steelers didn't sign a big name in the 1st 3 weeks of free agency. :coffee:

Jackal
03-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Given the team's performance in 2006 following the uncertainty surrounding Cowher's status, and Big Ben's ill-fated Evel Knievel impression, IMO, when coming off an SB victory, the quieter the off-season, the better.

St33lersguy
03-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Given the team's performance in 2006 following the departure of Porter, the uncertainty surrounding Cowher's status, and Big Ben's ill-fated Evel Knievel impression, IMO, when coming off an SB victory, the quieter the off-season, the better.

Porter departed in offseason 07

Jackal
03-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Christ, I meant Randle El. Don't ask me how in the @#$^ I got those two names mixed up.

Confusion, headaches, nausea---maybe I should go see a neurologist.

4xSBChamps
03-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Confusion, headaches, nausea---maybe I should go see a neurologist.

"..... Boom..... sources tell me that.....

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2008/01/mortensen.jpg

.....jackal is listed as 'doubtful' for this Saturday's game....."

HometownGal
03-17-2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.geocities.com/hgc_maintenance/rretarded.jpg

StainlessStill
03-17-2009, 09:50 AM

Shame on you. You should know better by now. The Steelers are the best at what they do. TRUST IT.

revefsreleets
03-17-2009, 09:50 AM
http://www.geocities.com/hgc_maintenance/rretarded.jpg

Beat me to it. Not sure if it's the Super Bowl ring or what, but there sure seems to be a big case of the "Stupids" going on around here...

St33lersguy
03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Yo aclark99 how do you feel about the Trai Essex signing, pretty bad huh :chuckle:

Steelers & I
03-17-2009, 11:19 PM
And I was beginning to worry that one of the department smartasses might fail to spot a post that they agreed with in principle, but yet still take a shot at the poster who wrote it. Glad I wasn't disappointed. :thumbsup:

Apparently that page was removed from my copy, :noidea:

Here, I'll take a shot just to square things up. :rocket:

LVSteelersfan
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh no. Almost every starter from a Super Bowl winning team is still on the team. Darn. Our FO has NO IDEA what they are doing. And the one who is NOT coming back is a punter who frankly, SUCKS. I like the signing of Kemo. I think he has the potential to be a BEAST for a running game. I have said over and over I do not like Willie Colon, but at least there is continuity on the O-line which is crucial in the NFL. Perhaps we can draft someone who can replace him by 2010 but signing an overpaid, nonmotivated Free Agent is the LAST thing the Steelers need to do. The Steelers obviously need some backups, but that is what the draft is for and what they are pretty good at for the most part. Steelers are doing what they always do during offseason. Except this year we have lost no one except McFadden and he is replaceable since he was basically a backup for most of his Steeler career.

stlrtruck
03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Is that the sky? Why is it so low?

LOOK OUT THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!

Run for your lives, the Steelers won't win a freakin' game this year, and we're all gonna die!!!!

kmsteelerwr15
03-18-2009, 02:19 PM
This thread makes me think of a song :violin:

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-18-2009, 02:40 PM

I think this is what make the Steelers such a special team. They go after their own guys rather then plugging temporary holes. And players know that too, that why the love to play for Pittsburgh. It is almost a sense of family or a band of brothers. The Steelers are very loyal to there players in return their players WANT to play hard for us. You will never see a situation like Cutlers in Pittsburgh. For example Charlie Batch, was never considered a starting QB for us but damn when he was called upon to do his part he stepped up and played his heart out. Hines Ward a special teams hero who is know basically the face of the franchise. Willie Parker a kid was benched by his dream college is our starting running back. Keisel waited in the ranks and know is a vital asset to our defense. James Harrison as well!

They never go after the big flashy name because that will create tension in their locker room. They rather groom their players from rookie years to believe in the system and fulfill their role when called upon. And the players know that it isnt BS. If they work their hearts out in practices/training camps they know that the Steelers will allow them to a chance at the starting roster. We don't go after Star player... we create star players!

You never know who is sitting on the bottom of that roster right now that is going to be the next jersey you buy for Christmas!

Damn I love the Steelers :tt03:

4xSBChamps
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
This thread makes me think of a song
:violin:

Donnie Iris' 'Shock Treatment' ?

Look in my eyes and tell me I'm not crazy
Too many shock treatments, he's insane

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
will Bruce Davis ever see some time pass rushing on our defense? Or is he just a shitty special teamer

Patience young Skywalker. You must fully understand the ways of the force be for you battle Vader!

SteelerFanInCA
03-18-2009, 03:29 PM
It's the off season again. :rofl:

SteelMember
03-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, they must be spending all their time keeping fingerprints off those shiny Lombardi trophy's. :doh: