PDA

View Full Version : Any Dale Earnhardt Sr Fans?

steelerdave1969
03-16-2009, 06:52 PM
There is just something about February of every year that will remind me of one of my biggest heroes here on earth.. His name was Dale Earnhardt Sr, not to confuse folks with Dale Jr. though I love the kid he will never be his dad in any way from or fashion. I was a fan of Dale Sr for close to 20 years I guess, and it just doesnt seem the same without the man. I remember watching the man for so many years lose the Daytona 500 in just about any and every way possible known to man. When the man won the Daytona 500 in February of 1998 it was one of the happiest days of my life, I wasnt there in person, but I was at home in front of the TV for Every Lap and celebrated like only a diehard loving fan of the man would do, I drank beer and cried real tears...:wink02:
In February of 2001, I cried real tears and drank beer under totally different circumstances. I lost a friend that I had never personally met, I lost a member of the family from far away.
I just wondered if anyone else was a fan and how you still feel about losing a great competitor, whether you hated him or loved him.. " You Had To Repsect Him "..