PDA

View Full Version : Steeler report: Galloway's agent praises New England, Steelers better without him

mesaSteeler
03-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Steeler report: Galloway's agent praises New England, Steelers better without him
March 16, 7:54 AM · 4 comments
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m3d16-Steeler-report-Galloways-agent-praises-New-England-Steelers-better-without-him

PITTSBURGH- Last week the Steelers had wide receiver Joey Galloway in for a visit.

The wide-out, who was born when Nixon was still in office, was coming off an injury plagued sesason yet there were those out there who felt he still may have some juice left in the burners.

Pittsburgh Steeler coach Mike Tomlin knew enough of Galloway from his days in Tampa, to warrant a look at the 37 year old, but he left Pittsburgh without a contract. A few days later, he signed a 1 year deal with the Patriots to "compete" for the No. 3 slot.

Signing with the Patriots is not bothersome. The Steelers were obviously leery of something or the money he was asking for was too high. What is bothersome, is the comment his agent made to the Boston Herald.

"This is a special opportunity to play for a premier owner, organization, team and coach," Shawn Trell, Galloway’s agent told the Boston Herald.

Premier organization? In the 2000's the Patriots have been dominate, but the Rooney's six Lombardi's prove they are the premier organization in football.

Premier coach? Bill Belichick? You've got to be kidding me. Did Trell forget there was a little something called spygate a few years ago?

Not one of the Steelers Lombardi's are tarnished with a cheating scandal behind it ,where its coaching staff had to have someone video tape walkthroughs to find an edge.

Galloway may indeed prove to be a player again in the league this year, but the Steelers have won and will continue to win with players they feel are the right fit. He obviously wasn't one of those.

While losing Nate Washington will be a setback, what's to say Limas Sweed can't bloom in his second year much like LaMarr Woodley did? Time will tell on that. There is also the draft, and it is heavy in guys who are just like Washington.

Still you have to wonder about Trell's words.

What if Galloway is cut after the first mini camp? Do you think the Steelers will come beckoning for his services? There are plenty of 30 year old wideouts still available, guys such as Tori Holt and Terry Glenn ( who did not play last year) out there, who might have a little more pop in the burners then a Galloway does.

St33lersguy
03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Galloway was old anyway, besidesif Limas dedicates his time to working on his butter fingers &/or get a feel for the NFL game then maybe he can thrive. + It's not like there is no WRs available in this draft. Could he have helped, maybe. Will the Steelers live without him? Yes

X-Terminator
03-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Does anyone proofread articles at the Examiner? I've never seen so many grammar and spelling errors in an article in my life! :doh:

KeiselPower99
03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Galloways agent is gonna suck up to them because his client just signed with em. Its part of the process.

Steely McSmash
03-16-2009, 08:32 PM
That guy's really bent out of shape about Joey Galloway. More funny than anything else.

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 11:07 PM
If the Steelers would have signed him, his agent would have been saying the same thing about them. Some people look for anything to bitch about.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Does anyone proofread articles at the Examiner? I've never seen so many grammar and spelling errors in an article in my life! :doh:

:rofl:

maybe grads of the "Derek Zoolander school for kids that don't read so good" :noidea:

Galax Steeler
03-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Let him praise him all he wants to, but we will see who gets the last laugh this year.

4xSBChamps
03-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Galloways agent is gonna suck up to them because his client just signed with em. Its part of the process.

..... typical crotch-slurping..... nothing to see here, move-along.....

:blah:

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
agent speak...

it's a canned statement with a fill-in-the-blank spot to write the organization in. it's exactly what you'd expect to here.

end of story...

revefsreleets
03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
This is a real paper?

Really?

There is NO insult here. Galloway didn't say "THE premier team, etc, etc" he said " A premier.....".

Nothing to see here at all...

steeltheone
03-19-2009, 04:16 AM
I can assure you, we will not miss Nate Washington.....

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-19-2009, 08:56 AM
I can assure you, we will not miss Nate Washington.....

i wholeheartedly agree...i think tennessee just wasted a lot of money. nate is overrated, and while i appreciate his contribution here, there will be upgrades for the 3rd receiver position that have comparable speed and MUCH better hands.

iceman000123
03-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Tori Holt vs Joey Galloway

I love Tori Holt in this one

kmsteelerwr15
03-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Premier coach? Bill Belichick? You've got to be kidding me. Did Trell forget there was a little something called spygate a few years ago?

Why not the entire media seems to have forgotten :coffee: