PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Resign Fernando Bryant!

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Fernando Bryant-DB-Steelers Mar. 17 - 9:18 am et

The Steelers have reportedly re-signed CB Fernando Bryant to a one-year contract.

Bryant, 32, is likely slated for dimeback duties if he can maintain a roster spot coming out of training camp.
Source: ProFootballTalk

BlastFurnace
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Good. That is a very good signing. He understands our system and is a skilled veteran.

revefsreleets
03-17-2009, 09:51 AM
There, is everyone happy now? We signed an FA.

steelballs
03-17-2009, 10:39 AM

This FA signing is as earth shattering as the FA signing of Mewelde Moore last year...let's hope it pays similar dividends.

Fire Haley
03-17-2009, 10:51 AM

RE-signings don't count. He was already on the team.

Only fresh meat will appease the natives.

Dino 6 Rings
03-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Can he tackle on Kick Coverage?

calsteeler
03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh Great, we're saved!! Fernando is a nobody. he didn't serve a single purpose for us last year except to fill out a 53 man roster. Yeah, he's so great that since free agency started, he nor his agent have received a single phone call from any other league GM. Look I don't mind cause i'm sure his 1 year deal paid next to nothing in guaranteed money. And IF any of our new drafted DB's show anything in camp, Fernando will be cut ASAP!!

Steely McSmash
03-17-2009, 11:35 AM

Yes ...volcano god very unhappy with FA period so far.... soon will conspire to flood Mon parking wharf in retribution...

Steely McSmash
03-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh Great, we're saved!! Fernando is a nobody. he didn't serve a single purpose for us last year except to fill out a 53 man roster. Yeah, he's so great that since free agency started, he nor his agent have received a single phone call from any other league GM. Look I don't mind cause i'm sure his 1 year deal paid next to nothing in guaranteed money. And IF any of our new drafted DB's show anything in camp, Fernando will be cut ASAP!!

Depth and insurance are good purposes that he filled last year. Positioning to go into the draft without needs is a good thing. This will also push the competition in camp.

BlastFurnace
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM

Did you not watch the first San Diego game last year? He played pretty well...considering he had about a week with the team. He didn't play much after BMAC came back.

This is a good signing for us. He's not what he used to be, but he can still play and he understands our defense pretty well.

Did you also complain last year when Fox and MeMo were signed? They weren't high profile pickups either, but they sure played a role in us winning it all last season.

You're negativity on the team and the moves it does make has absolutely no merit...in this thread and your other threads you wrote in.

lilyoder6
03-17-2009, 12:56 PM

are u friends with fernando or his agent??? how do u know they didn't receive a call..

obv fernando is someone since he is in the nfl and will make a shit load more money than most of us on this board...

OneForTheToe
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM

Only a perfect season at 19-0, with 35 -0 games all year long, followed by the signing every veteran free agent in the league, could possibly appease the natives.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
at least he knows the system...he's a stop-gap measure, but hopefully we draft a solid CB in one of the first 3 rounds...

The Duke
03-17-2009, 03:14 PM

considering you think a guy like Travis Kirschke should be cut/ traded, I'd say you're wrong about bryant too

The man barely played last year, plus he's just a backup/dime CB. I say its' a great signing, under the radar as always

meaning= cheap

AllD
03-17-2009, 03:59 PM
It's more important to get Sepulvida back healthy than this signing.

revefsreleets
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
This is a typical Steelers FA signing. Which means it's almost automatically a good one.

KeiselPower99
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Another depth signing.

St33lersguy
03-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Shouldn't the Steelers be more focused on the 2008 Defensive Player of the Year & less time on some useless vet who did very little in his 10 something year NFL career & NOTHING last year as a Steeler. The Steelers are perfectly fine wiyhout him. I wonder how Silverback feels about getting less attention than a bunch of nobodies like him & Essex

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
considering you think a guy like Travis Kirschke should be cut/ traded, I'd say you're wrong about bryant too

The man barely played last year, plus he's just a backup/dime CB. I say its' a great signing, under the radar as always

meaning= cheap

You can chalk this up to another camp body, just like Kirschke. Both are old veterans on a very low value contract and could possibly get beat out if promising rookies are drafted at either CB or DE positions.

I just hope they dont get on a roll and re sign Orpheus Roye too. :doh:

tony hipchest
03-17-2009, 06:48 PM
You can chalk this up to another camp body, just like Kirschke. Both are old veterans on a very low value contract and could possibly get beat out if promising rookies are drafted at either CB or DE positions.

I just hope they dont get on a roll and re sign Orpheus Roye too. :doh:the fans are up in arms and ready to torch the village. being that we NEED DE depth, you can count on him being signed too....

NEPAsteeler
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with a good depth signing. If nothing else, it just creates some competition in training camp.

steelerdave1969
03-17-2009, 07:19 PM

I think it is a given the Steelers will get a DB/S player early in this upcoming draft. I think you need to take the time to let this guy have a full offseason and preseason with our team before you start knocking on a veteran player like him. Just give the guy time and if the Steelers draft a DB in the upcoming draft then we have one more body to help us prepare for the '09 season.

Galax Steeler
03-18-2009, 03:35 AM
I guess we needed the depth and we will probably draft another db so I guess it will be competioton.

Steelers & I
03-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Did you not watch the first San Diego game last year? He played pretty well...considering he had about a week with the team. He didn't play much after BMAC came back.

This is a good signing for us. He's not what he used to be, but he can still play and he understands our defense pretty well.

Did you also complain last year when Fox and MeMo were signed? They weren't high profile pickups either, but they sure played a role in us winning it all last season.

You're negativity on the team and the moves it does make has absolutely no merit...in this thread and your other threads you wrote in.

I agree, Bryant's not bad at all. He's a much better insurance policy at CB than Anthony Smith was at FS. Hell Bryant could start and play pretty well in a few games if he's needed to do so.

revefsreleets
03-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Basically, from what I'm seeing, take any argument that calsteel makes, completely reverse it, and you'll have a good, solid, well thought out post.