2 out of 3 aint Bad. Good effort Peckerwood

calsteeler
03-18-2009, 11:29 AM
1st Eben Britton OT
2nd Rashad Johnson S
3rd A.Q. Shipley C

:popcorn:

1) Eben Britton,..In a word...NO!!
Britton to me as a HUGE Red Flag, and that is extremely short arms and wingspan. This is okay if you are a G or a C. But an OT with short arms will be expossed. Like Britton was many times this past season. he's more of a system, Zone-blocking O-Linemen, not a Mauler. And what's worse is with such short arms, one would think he would have better strength, Britton does not. Just say no!

2) Rashad Johnson....in two words...HELL NO!!
First off, Johnson probably won't even be there at 64, so thank God for that. Second thing, Johnson is a " Tweener " he doesn't know if he's a CB or a S in college. But further more, if Johnson does play S in the NFL, it will be a FS. And we have this guy named " Troy ", maybe you've heard of him ? If the steelers do deceide to let free agent to be Ryan Clark go after this season, we will need a Stron Safety to replace him. And speaking of SEC S, the guy that I REALLY LOVE is Ole Miss SS Jamaraca, oh I forget his last name at the moment, but this cat puts the word STRONG, i stron safety. All-Time SEC leader in tackles, and is a run-stuffer supreme, and hitter. And what's better, he can be had,,,for whatever reason late in the draft, maybe the 5th or even 6th round. And he, unlike Johnson has
" Pedigree "

3) A.Q. Shipley: Well I do Like this guy alot, but as our 3rd rounder ?...well...maybe, but I would have to say No too. I love him as our 4th rounder, but in the 3rd, if he is there, I like the Cb Mike Mickens. Unless of course the steelers decide to address that need earlier.

Anyways, those are my takes on the three.

tony hipchest
03-18-2009, 12:18 PM
First off, Johnson probably won't even be there at 64, so thank God for that. Second thing, Johnson is a " Tweener " he doesn't know if he's a CB or a S in college. But further more, if Johnson does play S in the NFL, it will be a FS. And we have this guy named " Troy ", maybe you've heard of him ? If the steelers do deceide to let free agent to be Ryan Clark go after this season, we will need a Stron Safety to replace him. And speaking of SEC S, the guy that I REALLY LOVE is Ole Miss SS Jamaraca, oh I forget his last name at the moment, but this cat puts the word STRONG, i stron safety. All-Time SEC leader in tackles, and is a run-stuffer supreme, and hitter. And what's better, he can be had,,,for whatever reason late in the draft, maybe the 5th or even 6th round. And he, unlike Johnson has
" Pedigree "
.:toofunny: are you on crack?

or you just say something completely opposite of reality in every post on purpose?

if youre gonna talk down to people and be a prick, atleast have your facts straight.

revs was spot on. anything completely opposite of what you spew is a lucid, well thought out post.

calsteeler
03-18-2009, 12:34 PM
:toofunny: are you on crack?

or you just say something completely opposite of reality in every post on purpose?

if youre gonna talk down to people and be a prick, atleast have your facts straight.

revs was spot on. anything completely opposite of what you spew is a lucid, well thought out post.

Tony:

What the heck are you talking about ? How exactly was I talking down to anyone ? I was stating my opinion on his three formentioned players. And who is this revs person anyways ? And what info did I state was the complete opposite ? Please be as specific as you can. Also, expect Mod " Hometowngal " to get this post, and we'll let her decide who is being disrespectful, and who is talking down to who.

Have a nice day!

tony hipchest
03-18-2009, 12:38 PM
we have a STRONG SAFETY named troy polamalu.... "maybe youve heard of him."

who is this "hometowngal" you speak of?

:chuckle:

revefsreleets
03-18-2009, 12:38 PM
OK, there Dwight.

Texasteel
03-18-2009, 03:42 PM
1st Eben Britton OT
2nd Rashad Johnson S
3rd A.Q. Shipley C

:popcorn:

I would be very happy with Britton if he is there at 32, but I think he may not be.

Rashad Johnson is one of the better FSs in this draft and could do very well across from Troy, our SS, especially with Clark, our starting FS, starting to get hurt more often.

If we go OT with our first pick, and FS with our 2nd, I think I would rather look to the DL, at this point, if there is one that is worth the 3rd round pick. If we get a comp pick I still like Mark Parson at CB.

Nice job.

HometownGal
03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Also, expect Mod " Hometowngal " to get this post, and we'll let her decide who is being disrespectful, and who is talking down to who.

Have a nice day!

Well - to be quite honest here - you have been a disrespectful schmo since the day you descended upon this forum. Just sayin'.

Ooooo - silly me. You've been shown the cyberdoor on the end of Gary's foot. My mistake. :doh::chuckle: Sheeeeeeeeee ya! :wave:

Carry on gentlemen! :drink:

MDSteel15
03-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Well - to be quite honest here - you have been a disrespectful schmo since the day you descended upon this forum. Just sayin'.

Ooooo - silly me. You've been shown the cyberdoor on the end of Gary's foot. My mistake. :doh::chuckle: Sheeeeeeeeee ya! :wave:

Carry on gentlemen! :drink:

:tt03: :thumbsup: :tt02: :drink: :rofl: I love this lady!!! :chuckle:

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-19-2009, 03:41 AM
OK, there Dwight.

Now that that dude is gone, I have to say this: spot on with the Dwight Shrute comparison. I felt like Jim Halpert after every single one of his posts. I would just sigh, look at the imaginary camera to my right, raise my eyebrow, and scroll on while shaking my head.

I didn't wanna harass the guy and get hit myself, but his posts were possibly the most sporadic of any I've seen on these boards. I swear, he's posted before that Troy Polamalu was a SS, then in this thread he tried to say Troy was a FS. I mean, I really do get the feeling he would read a post, cross out every 9th word, and produce some kind of madlib-based argument.

Anyways, this was like a week worth of angry pent up.

On topic: I've been swayed by Gonzo's breakdown of our line play to believe our tackle positions aren't as big of a priority as cementing the interior of the line. We desperately need depth at T, but we need a starter at RG. If that's with Mack playing C and Hartwig shifting over to RG, fine. Equally, we could draft a T and move Colon to RG. I just hope beyond hope Mack will be there at 32 (think he's getting projected 22-30 now? though) so we don't have to reach at T, given the unlikeliness of a 1st round tackle still being there.

steelerdave1969
03-19-2009, 07:05 PM
" Pedigree "

Calsteeler, I dont know what kind of football fan you are and not even how long you have been watching NFL football, including Steelers Football, But Troy Polomalu is a Strong Safety bud, and the Steelers in my opinion do need some Free Safety depth and maybe a successor in case Ryan Clark leaves after the '09 season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2009, 07:21 PM
On topic: I've been swayed by Gonzo's breakdown of our line play to believe our tackle positions aren't as big of a priority as cementing the interior of the line. We desperately need depth at T, but we need a starter at RG. If that's with Mack playing C and Hartwig shifting over to RG, fine. Equally, we could draft a T and move Colon to RG. I just hope beyond hope Mack will be there at 32 (think he's getting projected 22-30 now? though) so we don't have to reach at T, given the unlikeliness of a 1st round tackle still being there.

B-Fever. Don't be swayed, but look for yourself and draw the conclusions.

I do like what you are saying about staying flexible and agree with it. My priority is to draft an OT if there is one there and it can stop the annual practice of paying Max Starks like a pro bowler. But, if one isnt there, then look at the interior line and upgrade Stapleton with a G or C (Mack, Wood, Urbik, Canfield, Vasquez, etc.)

My wish is Beatty in round 1, then Gilbert or Moala in round 2 and Urbik, Vasquez, Canfield or Caldwell in the 3rd and hopefully a compensatory Keenan Lewis with pick 3B..............but that will never happen.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 07:39 PM
what makes this so difficult is the lack of info .....
1 where is hills at with his development ?
2 has colon ever spent any practice time at guard ? is moving him to guard even a consideration ?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
what makes this so difficult is the lack of info .....
1 where is hills at with his development ?
2 has colon ever spent any practice time at guard ? is moving him to guard even a consideration ?

Yeah, nobody has a clue about Hills. I think he looked like he had the tools, but just needed some strength and technique work last season.....but that was just the eyeball evaluation.

As for Colon, playing guard is not much different than playing tackle, but with the big exception that you always have a guy on either side of you. Its mostly repetitions, but he has the size, disposition and strength for the position.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, nobody has a clue about Hills. I think he looked like he had the tools, but just needed some strength and technique work last season.....but that was just the eyeball evaluation.

As for Colon, playing guard is not much different than playing tackle, but with the big exception that you always have a guy on either side of you. Its mostly repetitions, but he has the size, disposition and strength for the position. the steelers pull thier guards a good bit, but i guess he couldn't be any slower than kemo....

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2009, 08:30 PM
the steelers pull thier guards a good bit, but i guess he couldn't be any slower than kemo....

Kemo is actually pretty quick for a big man. Colon moves much better than Kemo from what I have seen. There is some thought than Tony Hills might move to guard as well..........but the Steelers are adamant he is an OT.

Like the player he replaced in the Texas starting lineup, Hills is very effective blocking in-line, and if he can show more urgency on the pulls and traps he might be a better fit at guard than at tackle. He lacks the loose hips and strength to shock and jolt vs. the bull rush, but does a good job of widening the rush lanes, thanks to good hand placement and long arms. He can be pushed back to the pocket vs. a strong bull rush, as he has a marginal anchor. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tony-hills?id=258#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

triphahn
03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
How's this

1)Tyson Jackson
2)Eric Wood
3)Michael Hamlin