PDA

View Full Version : Any Steeler interest in a Bengal?

calsteeler
03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Just a little snip from kffl:

Bengals | L. Jones' future in doubt?
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:44:17 -0700
Joe Reedy, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports with the Cincinnati Bengals looking at taking an offensive tackle with the sixth pick in the NFL Draft, OT Levi Jones' status with the team appears to be in doubt. Should the Bengals select one of the top tackle prospects available, Jones could be traded or released.

Okay fans, just speculation here but, if Levi is released, it will not be for Cap reasons cause Cincy is way under the cap, and if they did select a O-Linemen with their 1st rounder, he would make more money then what Jones is going to make. I know Cincinnati was a train wreck this year. But in seasons past, Levi was a very good O-Linemen as I remember. He isn't that old at 29, and, he might make a better starting RT then anyone we have, and he might like the idea of not only playing on a team that will play in January. but sticking it to his old bosses IF he is indeed released.

As stated, if this happens, is there any interest from you fans ? or do you think there would be from Pittsburgh ?

The_WARDen
03-18-2009, 10:59 AM
nada...he's a Bungle & thus has the stench of loser on him.

Tide doesn't wash that out.

BlastFurnace
03-18-2009, 11:04 AM
The coaching staff really likes Colon at RT and...according to the beat writers...are reluctant to move him. Thus, we already have our RT.

Levi won't be a Steeler.

revefsreleets
03-18-2009, 11:08 AM
By most accounts, Jones' injuries are far worse than Smith's or Simmons.

This ain't happenin'...and we can't afford it anyway.

calsteeler
03-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Ah, I have three words for you my delusional friend....KIMO...VON....OELHOFFEN!!

Ah, was HE a " loser " ? Last time I chacked, not only does he have a SB ring from our SB win against Seattle. but, he maybe was the SOLE reason we went on to even moved past those same Bengals in those playoffs if it weren't for his Hit on Carson Palmer.

As for the rest of you,,,Levi, more of a Injury History than Smith, or Simmons ? I'm sorry fans but this cat is just plain Dumb, and misinformed. Levi didn't miss a single game his first 4 seasons. And missed 11 two years ago, but that was just an injury...period. Not a history of injuries.

And the Colon comment is just ridiculous as well. This shows me that this fan has not watched, or paid ANY attention to Colon's play the past,,,Oh,,,since we drafted the stiff!! yeah, the Steeler coaches LOVE him so much at RT, i guess that's why they tenured him at the lowest possible tenure, and signed him to only a single year :-)

Laughable my friend.

tony hipchest
03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
maybe miami would like to get j. porter a punching bag for work outs.

Vincent
03-18-2009, 11:23 AM
The coaching staff really likes Colon at RT and...according to the beat writers...are reluctant to move him.

What do they see in Colon? I'm not "getting it".:noidea:

GBMelBlount
03-18-2009, 11:31 AM

I think you'd have to be a proctologist to see something in Colon.

But seriously, if El-Gonzo thinks T-rex is decent, I wonder if he's really that bad. Plus he's young, hard working and has a great attitude. Hopefully he will improve this year, and next.....

steelreserve
03-18-2009, 11:35 AM
And the Colon comment is just ridiculous as well. This shows me that this fan has not watched, or paid ANY attention to Colon's play the past,,,Oh,,,since we drafted the stiff!! yeah, the Steeler coaches LOVE him so much at RT, i guess that's why they tenured him at the lowest possible tenure, and signed him to only a single year :-)

I actually thought they signed him to the high-level tender that meant we'd get a first-round pick of someone signed him away. And I also thought that with a restricted free agent, all you CAN offer them is a one-year contract, unless you work out a long-term deal separate from the RFA rules.

Anyway, we've got a need at both tackle positions ... dumping salary at LT, consistency at RT. I'd be in favor of anyone who could help that, short of Bin Laden.

revefsreleets
03-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Ah, I have three words for you my delusional friend....KIMO...VON....OELHOFFEN!!

Ah, was HE a " loser " ? Last time I chacked, not only does he have a SB ring from our SB win against Seattle. but, he maybe was the SOLE reason we went on to even moved past those same Bengals in those playoffs if it weren't for his Hit on Carson Palmer.

As for the rest of you,,,Levi, more of a Injury History than Smith, or Simmons ? I'm sorry fans but this cat is just plain Dumb, and misinformed. Levi didn't miss a single game his first 4 seasons. And missed 11 two years ago, but that was just an injury...period. Not a history of injuries.

Laughable my friend.

I didn't say a history of injuries, I said the dude is done. He is severly injured. Why else would they dump him 2 years into a 5 year deal? Even the usually retarded Bengals fans are way out in front of you on this one. THEY don't want him back because he is toast.

But I have to admit I'm enjoying watching you post. You are rapidly becoming the Dwight Shrute of Steelersfever.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM

I'm sorry fans but this cat is just plain Dumb, and misinformed.

. This shows me that this fan has not watched, or paid ANY attention to Colon's play the past,,,

Laughable my friend.

Listen.

Cut out the degrading...condesending comments towards other posters.

Its getting old...tiring...and frankly, you dont come across as expert enough to be "schooling" anyone else...Jones has missed 20 games in the last three years...either not dressing or sitting on the bench and unable to play...that IS a history of injuries.

Just try giving your opinion without tearing other people down....and when you give your opinion ..make sure you know what your talking about.

revefsreleets
03-18-2009, 11:40 AM
PLEASE don't ban this guy!!!!!

http://tv.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/dwight_schrute.jpg

fansince'76
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM

I'm sorry fans but this cat is just plain Dumb, and misinformed.

. This shows me that this fan has not watched, or paid ANY attention to Colon's play the past,,,

Laughable my friend.

Listen.

Cut out the degrading...condesending comments towrds other posters.

Its getting old...tiring...and frankly, you dont come across as expert enough to be "schooling" anyone else.

Just try giving your opinion without tearing other people down.

Too late, LLT. I've seen enough.

SteelMember
03-18-2009, 11:55 AM

:busted:

It seems that your wealth of information about this subject needs a bit more research.

Levi Jones on Trade Block

The Cincinnati Bengals have been looking to deal left tackle Levi Jones “for a couple weeks,” according to Chicago Sun-Times Bears beat writer Brad Biggs. “The belief is if the Bengals can’t find a taker, they will release him soon,” he adds.

Jones, who has struggled with injury since 2006, has had several run-ins with the team over the last few years. After having knee surgery in early ‘07, he accused the training staff of screwing up his rehab, and when his return to the starting lineup was delayed, engaged in a public spat with coaches over his readiness. Last year, he reportedly requested, and was denied, a trade.

Jones missed the final six games in 2008 due to a leg injury. Overall, he has missed 17 games in the past three seasons, after missing just one in his first four years.

If the Bengals move Jones, OT will become even more of a need in the upcoming draft. Unfortunately for Cincinnati, the coalescing conventional wisdom is that the two top tackles, Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe, will be gone by the sixth pick, leaving the Bengals to choose from Andre Smith and Michael Oher.

Usually I wouldn't go out of my way for something like this, but you've been such a nice guy and all, I thought I would help you out. :noidea:

http://stripehype.com/2009/03/15/levi-jones-on-trade-block/

BlastFurnace
03-18-2009, 11:57 AM

Laughable my friend.

We all know that Colon has his issues...from watching the games, but the coaching staff likes him.

They wouldn't have tendered him an offer worthy of a first round pick if they didn't like him. It has been well documented by Ed B., Dale Lolley, Jim Wexell, and others that the coaching staff thinks highly of Colon at RT.

:coffee:

rbryan
03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Too bad...... he was just starting to amuse me. Oh well...Back to the Bengals board for "Calsteeler"

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-18-2009, 11:59 AM

:hatsoff:

MasterOfPuppets
03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
he was about to become the first person on my ignore list......:doh:

SteelMember
03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
:wave:

BlastFurnace
03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I didn't say a history of injuries, I said the dude is done. He is severly injured. Why else would they dump him 2 years into a 5 year deal? Even the usually retarded Bengals fans are way out in front of you on this one. THEY don't want him back because he is toast.

But I have to admit I'm enjoying watching you post. You are rapidly becoming the Dwight Shrute of Steelersfever.

You're getting props over the Dwight Shrute comment :rofl:

SteelMember
03-18-2009, 12:06 PM
You're getting props over the Dwight Shrute comment :rofl:

:toofunny:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9zezmoNtqhw/ReZD8CEQcJI/AAAAAAAAACw/ihARRtTuSUo/s320/dwight.jpg

OneForTheToe
03-18-2009, 01:50 PM

Damit ... I has Saturday at 6:00 in the pool. So who guessed wednesday?

The_WARDen
03-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Damit ... I has Saturday at 6:00 in the pool. So who guessed wednesday?

I predicted yesterday so I was off a day...I also had him as closet Clowns' fan, so I was wrong on both counts.

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I predicted yesterday so I was off a day...I also had him as closet Clowns' fan, so I was wrong on both counts.

Ahh man, he was great!!!! Haha not in the sense of his knowledge but entertainment wise A+. Can we bring him back and let him stay for the Off-season and then kick him out when the season starts.

Or at least the draft to see all his "all knowing knowledge" come to life and prove us all wrong.

I vote bring him back just cause its fun ! :thumbsup:

Steelman16
03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Let us all have a moment of brief silence....

:banned:

MasterOfPuppets
03-18-2009, 03:47 PM
the clown was insulting people within his first couple of post....he should have been booted days ago.

steelreserve
03-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, when you have an Internet message board, you will occasionally see a bunch of 14-year-olds come in and bother everybody.

SteelMember
03-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Let us all have a moment of brief silence....

:banned:

.......... :bonk:..........:eyecrazy:.......... :ouch: ..........:horror:..........:injured:.......... :tombstone ..........:crying01:

:chuckle:

SaskSteeler
03-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, when you have an Internet message board, you will occasionally see a bunch of 14-year-olds come in and bother everybody.
i dont think he knew enough to even be a 14 year old

X-Terminator
03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
4 days early. Damn. One of the quickest ever to self-destruct, though, lasting just over a week.

tony hipchest
03-18-2009, 06:27 PM
he actually asked me for a detailed account of how he was talking down to people and how he constantly posted non factual bs that was the complete opposite of reality.

he was banned before i could finish compiling the list. :noidea:

(for those who dont know.... troy is the FS and clark SS)

Vincent
03-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Nyet.

paw-n-maul-u
03-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow. I just read all that.

The only thing I have to say is ...

... "if dwight schrute were a member of steelersfever ... and he got banned, that means that we ALL would have been banned weeks ago"
-Dwight schrutePam (with slight modifications)

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2009, 01:04 AM

The Steelers coaching staff sees what Colon does positively. The fans see something like 9 penalties of his last season and think he goes offside 4 times a game. I love exaggerations :chair:

-Watch the Super Bowl again(its fun). The play where Ben scrambles out of the pocket, extends the play and throws back to Miller high where Heath has to go high for the catch.........Colon takes his rusher deep, then when Ben scrambles and gives the rusher an angle on him, Colon busts his ass to run back and cut off the rusher, allowing Ben to get the football away. GREAT EFFORT!!!

-Watch the Dallas game where Greg Ellis is opposite Colon all day and he only records 1 tackle and 0 sacks. COLON OWNED HIM ALL GAME.

-Watch the Giants game where Moore busts off a 21 yard TD run and Colon throws a great block to spring him.

I was hoping Calsteel could make it for another 3 weeks. I was enjoying contradicting his absurd posts with facts. Oh well.........there will be another. :coffee:

aclark99
03-19-2009, 06:46 AM
I think if Jones would accept a veteran minimum salary with incentives for performance then why not sign him. A change of scenery might be what the doctor ordered. Colon was draft out of Hofstra where he played guard. Guard is his natural position. Colon doesn't play all that well in space. If you watch a lot of games Ben was always being pushed out of the pocket from the right side. I think by moving Colon to guard and inserting either a veteran or youth to the right tackle spot our line might be able to give Ben more time and open some holes for Willie and Rashard.

revefsreleets
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
This kid reminded me VERY much of "Coach" from Steeler Nation. He had such an air of authority about him, so self-assured and 100% positive that he was always right on. But didn't know a Goddamned thing about the game of football.

Still, cal made me laugh (not with him, at him). RIP calsteel....

BlastFurnace
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
This kid reminded me VERY much of "Coach" from Steeler Nation. He had such an air of authority about him, so self-assured and 100% positive that he was always right on. But didn't know a Goddamned thing about the game of football.

Still, cal made me laugh (not with him, at him). RIP calsteel....

OMGosh...I can't believe someone remembers Coach! That guy could barely post over there without being pummelled by the regulars over there.

I miss Coach. I wonder whatever happened to him.

revefsreleets
03-20-2009, 12:27 PM
OMGosh...I can't believe someone remembers Coach! That guy could barely post over there without being pummelled by the regulars over there.

I miss Coach. I wonder whatever happened to him.

Well, he DID bring a lot of the stuff on himself. Predicting guys that wound up being free agents as first round Steeler picks and the like. He claimed Troy would be a horrible pick for us because his head was too big for his body (that's for real...I couldn't even make something like that up). He also officially "retired" from posting on the message board, making a HUGE deal out of it, then resumed posting a couple weeks later like nothing ever happened.

As for whatever happened to him, I think he changed his name to calsteel and started posting here...

BlastFurnace
03-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Well, he DID bring a lot of the stuff on himself. Predicting guys that wound up being free agents as first round Steeler picks and the like. He claimed Troy would be a horrible pick for us because his head was too big for his body (that's for real...I couldn't even make something like that up). He also officially "retired" from posting on the message board, making a HUGE deal out of it, then resumed posting a couple weeks later like nothing ever happened.

As for whatever happened to him, I think he changed his name to calsteel and started posting here...

I wonder where Disgrace #2 ever ended up. So many people thought he was Still Mill.

tony hipchest
03-20-2009, 05:40 PM
i think calsteel was banned on what was bengal brian's birthday... :scratchchin:

is it possible he WAS just a joke? nobody but a bunglefan could be that dumb or intentionally obnoxious, right? :laughing:

revefsreleets
03-21-2009, 03:25 PM
I wonder where Disgrace #2 ever ended up. So many people thought he was Still Mill.

Disgrace was Mark Madden. Did you know that?

BlastFurnace
03-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Disgrace was Mark Madden. Did you know that?

Seriously! Really, I had no idea. I thought it was Still Mill.

steelymcmatt
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/06/bengals-cut-levi-jones/

Psyychoward86
05-06-2009, 05:06 PM

yeah um, walk before you run my friend. I dont want levi at all, but it's not really cuz he's a Bengal.

Rek
05-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Colon is not worth the gazillion dollars the Steelers throw at him. Maybe if he could block as well on good defensive players like he does average defensive players, we'd have a different story.

Enough said.

LVSteelersfan
05-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't really like Colon. Mostly because he seems to kill drives consistently on 3rd down and turn them into third and long. If he would quit doing that, I would be ok with him. I think Kemo and Colon both do it, so hopefully they can both get their act together on third down early in games so we don't have so many drives shut down early.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I think Jones has some injury problems, otherwise I would have had no problem adding him to the mix.

Unfortunately, we already spent $8.5million on an OT, so probably dont have any cash left for a vet minimum contract.

revefsreleets
05-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Colon was paid less than 3 million for 2009. That is literally peanuts for a starting tackle in the NFL.

As for Jones, nope, no thanks...not interested in picking trash off the Bungals scrap heap (although Kimo was a good signing several years back), especially one who gets injured every time the wind shifts direction...

7willBheaven
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I actually thought they signed him to the high-level tender that meant we'd get a first-round pick of someone signed him away. And I also thought that with a restricted free agent, all you CAN offer them is a one-year contract, unless you work out a long-term deal separate from the RFA rules.

Anyway, we've got a need at both tackle positions ... dumping salary at LT, consistency at RT. I'd be in favor of anyone who could help that, short of Bin Laden.

Yeah i think your right...it was just below $3 million tender that would have gotten a 1st rounder

pancake
05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I think if Jones would accept a veteran minimum salary with incentives for performance then why not sign him. A change of scenery might be what the doctor ordered. Colon was draft out of Hofstra where he played guard. Guard is his natural position. Colon doesn't play all that well in space. If you watch a lot of games Ben was always being pushed out of the pocket from the right side. I think by moving Colon to guard and inserting either a veteran or youth to the right tackle spot our line might be able to give Ben more time and open some holes for Willie and Rashard.

I agree if you can get him at a cheap price, you can't lose.