PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever Consensus Draft

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Over the past couple of weeks, several of the draftniks here at Steelers Fever have looked at draft prospects, team needs, FA pickups.....discussed, re-discussed, and finally come up with a Mock Draft.

Draft Predictions are never a stone cold lock...but I think that the combined efforts of SteelMember, Texasteel, MasterOfPuppets, El-Gonzo Jackson, Aussie Steeler, & myself have produced a consensus draft better than the individual efforts we might have made.

Enjoy and let the discussion begin!!!!

2009 Steelers Fever Consensus Draft

1) Detroit................OT Jason Smith
2) St Louis..............OT Eugene Monroe
3) KC.......................OLB Aaron Curry
4) Seattle.................DT BJ Raji
5) Cleveland...........DE Brian Orakpo
6) Cincy...................OT Michael Oher
7) Oakland..............WR Michael Crapbtree
8) J-Ville...................WR Jeremy Maclin
9) Green Bay..........CB Michael Jenkins
10) San Fran...........QB Matt Stafford
11) Buffalo...............DE/OLB Everrete Brown
12) Denver...............ILB Rey Maualuga
13) Washington.....OT Andre Smith
14) New Orleans...OLB Brian Cushing
15) Houston............CB Vontae Davis
16) San Diego.........RB Knowshon Moreno
17) New york Jets...QB Mark Sanchez
18) Chicago .............WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
19) Tampa Bay.........DT Peria Jerry
20) Detroit .................DE Robert Ayers
21) Philadelphia ......RB Chris Wells
22) Minnesota............OT Eben Britton
23) New England.......DE/OLB Clay Matthews
24) Atlanta...................TE Brandon Pettigrew
25) Miami ...................OLB Aaron Maybin
26. Baltimore..............CB DJ Moore
27. Indianapolis.........WR Percy Harvin
28. Phillly......................OT William Beatty
29. New York Giants ..WR Hakeem Nicks
30. Tennessee ............CB Alphonso Smith
31. Arizona ....................RB LeSean McCoy
32. Pittsburgh ...............OC Alex Mack

tony hipchest
03-18-2009, 01:36 PM
good stuff. i can see the thinking behind every pick.

however, our offense killed SD's defense in the playoffs. you all just think knowshon is too good for them to pass up there? its not like you gotta groom a rb. where does he get the carries?

michael crapbtree??? :chuckle:

The Definiti0n
03-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Its a good job. I love the Alex Mack pick. I just dont think Tyson Jackson makes it out the first round. Especially since alot more teams are switching to a 3-4 defense and he is a perfect defensive end for that scheme.

MasterOfPuppets
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM

however, our offense killed SD's defense in the playoffs. you all just think knowshon is too good for them to pass up there? its not like you gotta groom a rb. where does he get the carries?

michael crapbtree??? :chuckle: sproles is only on a one year deal, and LT hasn't been to reliable lately ......:noidea: sandiego really needs an ILBer, but outside of mauluga, there isn't one worth the 16th pick.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Its a good job. I love the Alex Mack pick. I just dont think Tyson Jackson makes it out the first round. Especially since alot more teams are switching to a 3-4 defense and he is a perfect defensive end for that scheme.

I liked Jackson more earlier on...but with questions about work ethic...and his inconsistancy last year....I think teams wont reach for him. I see just as much value and more upside in Gilbert.

rbryan
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
What about picks 2-7?? You can leave out the other 31 teams. I could care less about them.....lol

My 2 cents.....move up to around 20 and take the best OT or DL available. Shipley in the 3rd or 4th. You can spend the rest of the picks anyway you like.

MasterOfPuppets
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
What about picks 2-7?? You can leave out the other 31 teams. I could care less about them.....lol

My 2 cents.....move up to around 20 and take the best OT or DL available. Shipley in the 3rd or 4th. You can spend the rest of the picks anyway you like.
do you really think it would be wise to give up, no less than a 1st and 3rd for a guy like britton or beatty ? i don't.....

SunshineMan21
03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Excellent mock . . . honestly much better than many of the writers who get paid to do it.

Only real dispute I have is that I doubt Oher will go that high, although I think his talent merits it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2009, 12:39 AM

:
Yeah, I think before LT did his new deal that Moreno was the most likely pick. San Diego can still go a lot of ways like taking the next best ILB (Laurinitis) or maybe a CB or maybe they are the team that falls in love with Tyson Jackson.

2 years ago the Chargers had LT, Turner and Sproles. I think its possible that in 2010 they have LT, Moreno and another back.

SaskSteeler
03-19-2009, 12:47 AM
i think hakeem nicks will go higher he could probably go to the bears instead of Darius Heyward-bey since nicks is a better overall reciever and i think most teams would prefer that over a guy who is as unknown as heyward-bey is

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2009, 12:48 AM
I just dont think Tyson Jackson makes it out the first round. Especially since alot more teams are switching to a 3-4 defense and he is a perfect defensive end for that scheme.

I also think somebody will fall in love with Tyson Jackson and take him. Personally, I have him labelled as one of my projected busts of this draft. He had an OK combine, but is extremely inconsistent in his play and looked like he takes a lot of plays off in college.

He isnt that great high motor, pass rushing DE that fits a 4-3. Nor is he the workman like 3-4 DE that takes on 2 gaps and gets no credit (Aaron Smith, Keisel, Castillo, Olshansky, Trevor Pryce, etc.). I could be entirely wrong, but he never impressed me any more than Ricky Jean Francois in the 5 LSU games I saw this year.

revefsreleets
03-19-2009, 09:06 AM
One glaring issue:

The most decorated and accomplished LB in Ohio State history (and they've had a couple good ones over the years) is not going to be drafted in the first round?

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
One glaring issue:

The most decorated and accomplished LB in Ohio State history (and they've had a couple good ones over the years) is not going to be drafted in the first round?
thats a tough one revs, but probably likely to happen. history has shown time and time again that 40 times don't neccessarliy translate to good or bad football players, but yet we still see it impact the draft. poslunzy, and conner, were reguarded as first rd picks till the combine, both dropped. lauranitis ran a 4.82 at the combine. he did improve to a 4.70 at his pro day, but it's still not too impressive.maybe the smarter GM's who passed on poz, will look at what poz, has done in his time on the field, and overlook the stopwatch....:noidea: .... teams like indy, and NY, could definetly benefit from having a rock in the middle.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2009, 10:32 AM
MOP is right that a 4.70 at the Woody Hayes center isnt that impressive and is gonna impact some teams decisions. I think you could add Atlanta in that mix though too as Lauranitis could help fill a void left by Keith Brooking.

Still, is J.L. gonna be Chris Spielman, A.J. Hawk or Andy Katzenmoyer, Bobby Carpenter??

SunshineMan21
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I like Laurinaitis, but it seems like the USC LBs are shooting up boards, which means it's unlikely he'll go before 20-25.

I think he'll still go in the first round, but it's no longer a sure thing.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
i'm starting to think the browns might go for crabtree....they cut JJ...i'm pretty sure stallworth won't be in the nfl any longer...they got rid of thier most reliable receiver ,winslow....i think they go crabtree.... then look for an OLBer like sintim, english , or maybin to be there in 2 .....:tap:

revefsreleets
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
The Browns will have their hands tied, IMO...you're right, if he's there at 5 they have to take him. They have nobody left at WR...

Funny thing about Laurenitis. His 40 was slow at the combine, but almost every draft analysis talks about his great sideline to sideline speed. This is, once again, a case where gamespeed is ignored in favor of highly idealized (minus pads, in shorts) combine junk.

I've watched the kid play. He's always right around the ball. That can't be measured by a 40 speed. He'll be a good one at the next level, and no way he makes it past 20...

tony hipchest
03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
]knowshon moreno did have a visit with san diego so its obviously something they will consider.

now, what do you guys think about bears taking britton since st. claire is gone (with robiskie in the 2nd ) as opposed to wr in the 1st and a possible OL in the 2nd?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
]knowshon moreno did have a visit with san diego so its obviously something they will consider.

now, what do you guys think about bears taking britton since st. claire is gone (with robiskie in the 2nd ) as opposed to wr in the 1st and a possible OL in the 2nd?

It definately could happen, but Britton is a junior and in reality should be a season away from contributing. Their LT Chris Williams was injured most of last season and while athletic, I think is kind of soft in the run game.

I think the Bears will try and land a veteran, even if its Schaffer or Marvel Smith, rather than leave Chris Williams and a rookie as their starting OT's. They definately could go with Britton........or just wait until the 2nd round and get a senior OT like Jamon Meridith or Phil Loadholt to play RT.

triphahn
03-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Excellent. Only questions are Moreno and Tyson Jackson.

Aussie_steeler
03-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Excellent. Only questions are Moreno and Tyson Jackson.

Moreno was given to the chargers before we heard that LT had resigned. We still believe that the Chargers can make that pick if Mauluga is off the board.

Originally we gave Tyson Jackson to Miami. But we all got a bit uncomfortable with that pick thinking that 3-4 DE was addressed with 2 picks in the first 3 rounds of last years draft.

Tyson Jackson will go in the first (IMO) but we couldnt agree where he would fit according to the needs and individual mocks we all submitted.

As a consensus group we could of kept arguing about picks - but we produced a consensus mock draft and will stand by it. We are working on round 2 and Jackson will go very early.

SteelShooter
03-22-2009, 02:26 AM
cool.................................thanks

triphahn
03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Moreno was given to the chargers before we heard that LT had resigned. We still believe that the Chargers can make that pick if Mauluga is off the board.

Originally we gave Tyson Jackson to Miami. But we all got a bit uncomfortable with that pick thinking that 3-4 DE was addressed with 2 picks in the first 3 rounds of last years draft.

Tyson Jackson will go in the first (IMO) but we couldnt agree where he would fit according to the needs and individual mocks we all submitted.

As a consensus group we could of kept arguing about picks - but we produced a consensus mock draft and will stand by it. We are working on round 2 and Jackson will go very early.

Right on. All and all the best mock of i have seen. You guys do steelers fans proud.

lilyoder6
03-23-2009, 05:51 PM
i honestly don't see the 49ers drafting matt stafford.. they alrdy have a shit load of qb's and yes i do know that they are not "that" good, but yet again mike singletary did win most ofgames with "his" qb after the bye week they 49er's went 5-3... i'm not certain when mike took over but thats not bad after the bye... i can see the 49er's either adding a pass rusher, or possibly a cb, like vontae davis, and a stretch a wr

steelerdave1969
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Nice Job Guys..:hatsoff:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Sorry I have been gone for the last 10 days everyone....Looks like their are very positive responses to the draft....we will update this very soon as FA'a are picked up and as pro-day workouts occur.

Seen a couple of drafts with Tyson Jackson going to the Ravens..but I dont see that as a good fit....I think he goes early in the second.

I am getting more excited as the draft approaches!!!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-28-2009, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=lamberts-lost-tooth;584360]

Seen a couple of drafts with Tyson Jackson going to the Ravens..but I dont see that as a good fit....I think he goes early in the second.

[QUOTE]

Just heard the Chargers beat reporter today saying they are looking at RB's, but Tyson Jackson intrigues them with the departure of Igor Olshansky. I hope they draft Jackson in the 1st .

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 01:49 PM
i still don't see the 49er's drafting a qb...

also heard that since smith stock has been dropping the redskins may make a play to get smith

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-28-2009, 05:41 PM
i still don't see the 49er's drafting a qb...

Just heard yesterday that they are top contenders to grab one of the top two QB's.

The Duke
03-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Alex Smith has shown absolutely nothing since 2005. They are moving on

though I don't think QB in the 1st is the way to go. Hopefully marvel helps them for a year r two whle they rebuild their line

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Just heard yesterday that they are top contenders to grab one of the top two QB's.

and i heard yesterday that santa claus will be coming to town..
and i heard that jones and snyder are anxious to get a new cba deal done and they love the fact of a salary cap

after the bye week the 49er's went 5-3 with coach mike doesn't scream need of a rooke qb

but i forgot.. u guys are the "experts" on this site

Aussie_steeler
03-29-2009, 04:59 AM
and i heard that jones and snyder are anxious to get a new cba deal done and they love the fact of a salary cap

after the bye week the 49er's went 5-3 with coach mike doesn't scream need of a rooke qb

and opinions are like a##holes - everyone has one.

Just because we are a collective group of opinions / a##holes doesnt make us experts. It just means that we are willing to put our opinions / A##es out for critique.

And we love the feedback.:thumbsup:

When it comes draft time everyone is entitled to hang their opinion / A##es out there. I know I have received a fair pizzling from MOP, LLT, Gonzo, Texasteel and Steelmember regarding some of my A##aholic draft opinions that I have shared publicly. But that doesnt stop me from doing so. ( I though Adarius Bowman would be a steal in the 2nd last year - that one panned out real well)

If I was a betting man Stafford probably wont go to the 49ers but that is who we picked as a consensus and we are prepared to stand by that until something persuades us to change our views.

I love the analysis leading up to the draft and if I get some picks right well thats a bonus. It sure as hell beats waiting around for Santa to arrive with some gift that falls short of the mark ( a bit like drafting Troy Edwards or Jamain Stephens)

Keep supplying your opinions in this thread because when it comes update time it will be one of many factors that get considered. Remember - at the end of the day we are just a bunch of steelers fans trying to make an educated guess as to what the other 31 teams might do.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 08:38 AM

Nooone is claiming to be "experts"...just giving the facts as we see them.

In fact...they are now reporting that Stafford left a bad impression on Singletary...and that he will probably go in a different direction.

Here is an idea....instead of being rude...try providing some facts outside of your belief in Santa.

We posted the site for well-thought out discussion....give it a try.

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Nooone is claiming to be "experts"...just giving the facts as we see them.

In fact...they are now reporting that Stafford left a bad impression on Singletary...and that he will probably go in a different direction.

Here is an idea....instead of being rude...try providing some facts outside of your belief in Santa.

We posted the site for well-thought out discussion....give it a try.

maybe if u would read earlier the thread i stated y the 49er's would not take a qb.. but i guess u don't like to look back that far?

and no 1 ever discussed that post i made... so maybe u should try a discussion as well

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 09:22 AM
and opinions are like a##holes - everyone has one.

Just because we are a collective group of opinions / a##holes doesnt make us experts. It just means that we are willing to put our opinions / A##es out for critique.

And we love the feedback.:thumbsup:

When it comes draft time everyone is entitled to hang their opinion / A##es out there. I know I have received a fair pizzling from MOP, LLT, Gonzo, Texasteel and Steelmember regarding some of my A##aholic draft opinions that I have shared publicly. But that doesnt stop me from doing so. ( I though Adarius Bowman would be a steal in the 2nd last year - that one panned out real well)

If I was a betting man Stafford probably wont go to the 49ers but that is who we picked as a consensus and we are prepared to stand by that until something persuades us to change our views.

I love the analysis leading up to the draft and if I get some picks right well thats a bonus. It sure as hell beats waiting around for Santa to arrive with some gift that falls short of the mark ( a bit like drafting Troy Edwards or Jamain Stephens)

Keep supplying your opinions in this thread because when it comes update time it will be one of many factors that get considered. Remember - at the end of the day we are just a bunch of steelers fans trying to make an educated guess as to what the other 31 teams might do.

well i wasn't rly refering to u when i made the comment...

but i made the case bout the 49er's and no 1 responded.. so then i just said the 49er's would not take him...

and the RESPONSE i get
is that ON the Radio,. the 49er's will get 1 of the top 2 qb's...

wtf kind of answer is that... that is y i made the remark about santa clause

i'm not upset bout no 1 responding.. but when i get an answer like that... it's like WTF?? and then i get scolded b/c i was trying reporting what i heard

Texasteel
03-29-2009, 09:27 AM
maybe if u would read earlier the thread i stated y the 49er's would not take a qb.. but i guess u don't like to look back that far?

and no 1 ever discussed that post i made... so maybe u should try a discussion as well

Is that whats got you all pissed off. No body discussed your post. So you think its fine to bad mouth the people with opinions other than yours.

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Is that whats got you all pissed off. No body discussed your post. So you think its fine to bad mouth the people with opinions other than yours.

are u a complete.... never mind i don't want to get yelled out..

i was responding to his post.. jesus...

i could care less that no one responded to my post.. i doubt evryone on this board has there evry post of theres responded too..

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2009, 10:19 AM

Apparantly some so called "Experts" do think the 49ers should be interested in a QB. I think they need a QB, pass rushing OLB or WR, but a QB at 10 would make sense.

Mayock: 49ers should consider Sanchez at No. 10
One thing is clear about the quarterback position in the 2009 NFL draft:

It’s a two-horse race.

It’s basically Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez and everybody else — and everybody else is a distant speck in the rearview mirror.

So if Sanchez were to slide to the 10th pick — a very real possibility — the San Francisco 49ers ought to strongly consider the former USC standout, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said.

“If you’re looking for a guy who can play soon, it’s Stafford or Sanchez,” Mayock said during a conference call Tuesday.
http://usc.freedomblogging.com/tag/mike-mayock/

Texasteel
03-29-2009, 10:36 AM
are u a complete.... never mind i don't want to get yelled out..

i was responding to his post.. jesus...

i could care less that no one responded to my post.. i doubt evryone on this board has there evry post of theres responded too..

"u guys are the experts on this site"

Do you remember saying that or is your memory completely gone. I would say that was intended to demean, and insult the people that were disagreeing with you.

And if you want to say something to me, you say it. Don't start and not have the guts to finish it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM

If your feelings were hurt that noone responded to your post...then let me be the first to say I am sorry....but I have been gone for 10 days and dont really feel the need to respond to every post, especially since there are plenty of people onm the forum who do a good job of keeping up with the draft.

tony hipchest
03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
if the niners have sanches or stafford as a top 10 player on their board its definitely a great pick for them. the signing of m. smith makes there OL need less pressing and the rule is you never pass on a franchise qb if you dont have one.

what ive been hearing is sanchez is impressing the hell out of scouts and gm's in his interviews and may even move ahead.

anyways, i love the likes of the 9ers and bears addressing their OL woes this week and possibly dropping 2 more prospects to choose from in our lap.

KeiselPower99
03-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I dont see Seatlle taking Raji at 4.

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 01:20 PM
"u guys are the experts on this site"

Do you remember saying that or is your memory completely gone. I would say that was intended to demean, and insult the people that were disagreeing with you.

And if you want to say something to me, you say it. Don't start and not have the guts to finish it.

plz.. half the time the things i want to say would get me a permant ban in a second...

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 01:26 PM
but it is what is and i'm over it... i probably did over re-act and i apologize for that i was just a wee bit mad as some 1 hit my 05 titan

and i just got done having a great "session" of releasing some stress :sofunny:
back to topic..

i think that since mike has taken over and actually went 5-3 after the bye.. that he thinks he is aqaquate at QB right now.. and there are still some vet guys out in FA like gacia who could come in 4 a yr..

i think they will look at either a pass rusher or a cb with the 1st pick..unless some how crabtree is there

Texasteel
03-29-2009, 01:31 PM
plz.. half the time the things i want to say would get me a permant ban in a second...

That doesn't surprise me a bit.
Sorry about your pickup, I love than truck.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2009, 01:45 PM
anyways, i love the likes of the 9ers and bears addressing their OL woes this week and possibly dropping 2 more prospects to choose from in our lap.

tony, I was thinking the same thing. Bears having Williams, Schaffer and the 9ers with Smith, Staley or Jags with Tra Thomas........even the Raiders grabbing Khalif Barnes all might help a guy like Britton or Beatty slide to us. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 02:13 PM
tony, I was thinking the same thing. Bears having Williams, Schaffer and the 9ers with Smith, Staley or Jags with Tra Thomas........even the Raiders grabbing Khalif Barnes all might help a guy like Britton or Beatty slide to us. :thumbsup:

i saw 1 mock draft that has the steelers selecting andre smith.. haha

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 02:15 PM
That doesn't surprise me a bit.
Sorry about your pickup, I love than truck.

yea.. i was defintly upset.. it's a shame b/c it's like u can't go out w/o wrying someone is going 2 scratch ur car or give u a dent..

and bout the mouth.. it's today's generation i guess.. but i do watch myself depending on who is around

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
....i apologize for that i was just a wee bit mad as some 1 hit my 05 titan

Not a big deal.....appreciate the opinion on Stafford...with all the FA pickups, we will be updating as needed, and we will take everyones opinion into the draft process.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Here is something to consider....Hub Arkish from ProFootballWeekly is reporting that the Patriots have signed so many players and have so many draft picks...that they are looking into packaging picks.

Our #32 pick is worth 590 points

The Pats have the#34, #47 and #58 picks in the second round....#47 is worth 430 points on the Draft-Trade Value Chart.....In the third round they have pick #89 which is worth 145 points....those two pics are worth 575 points.... (or their #34 pick in the 2nd round and the #159 pick in the 4th round equal 587 points)

The Eagles also may also be looking to trade up....Their #53 in the second, #85 in the third and #121 in the 4th are worth 587 points.

Not saying it can happen...but something to look at.

tony hipchest
03-29-2009, 04:12 PM
LLT- belichick pretty much admitted himself, in a sirius interview on monday< that theres no way they will have 12 rookies make the squad and they will be looking to package (just as they always do).

being that thye have 20-30 free agents next year, i would say hes looking to turn this years 2nds into next year 1sts and 3rds from this year into seconds.

i would want their #34 and a fourth, but wouldnt want to drop any further beyond that.

their fourth and our fifth could allow us to move up in the second.

Texasteel
03-29-2009, 04:27 PM
yea.. i was defintly upset.. it's a shame b/c it's like u can't go out w/o wrying someone is going 2 scratch ur car or give u a dent..

and bout the mouth.. it's today's generation i guess.. but i do watch myself depending on who is around

No problem buddy, you have a lot of good opinions and I like hearing them.

Let me know when you get you truck fixed, my heart go's out to you. That may be the best truck I've ever driven. They just don't make a 3/4 diesel, which is what I need.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 04:32 PM
LLT- belichick pretty much admitted himself, in a sirius interview on monday< that theres no way they will have 12 rookies make the squad and they will be looking to package (just as they always do).

being that thye have 20-30 free agents next year, i would say hes looking to turn this years 2nds into next year 1sts and 3rds from this year into seconds.

i would want their #34 and a fourth, but wouldnt want to drop any further beyond that.

That was the scenario that I found most appealing....drop two slots and grab an extra 4th rounder.

I doubt that Belichick would trade to a conferance rival...but then again...I doubted that he would trade a QB to a conference rival and he surprised me.

tony hipchest
03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
i hope everyone realizes bill is in a bit of a predicament with all of these picks and they all lowball him (kinda like with cassell).

i still smell a patriot trade with cardianls #31 just to screw us.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 04:51 PM
i hope everyone realizes bill is in a bit of a predicament with all of these picks and they all lowball him (kinda like with cassell).

i still smell a patriot trade with cardianls #31 just to screw us.

I sooooo hope that we hear the chant again this year when the Pats are on the clock....."Cheeeeaaaters....Cheeeeaaaters.....Cheeeeaaaters"
:chuckle:

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 06:20 PM
if the pats were "rly" interested in getting peppers... then how many picks are u willing to give up to get him???

and the eagles alrdy have 2 1st rd picks.. even tho they could use a good lt from the draft i think they need the draft picks to fill some other needs.. and to keep mcnabb happy

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 06:49 PM
if the pats were "rly" interested in getting peppers... then how many picks are u willing to give up to get him???

and the eagles alrdy have 2 1st rd picks.. even tho they could use a good lt from the draft i think they need the draft picks to fill some other needs.. and to keep mcnabb happy

They HAVE to keep McNabb happy...they are very close to their window of opportuity closing on them as far as Donavan is concerned.

I think they need a DE..RB...WR...and TE pretty badly....and may be willing to move up into the second or third to get players taht can contribute VERY soon.

lilyoder6
03-30-2009, 07:45 AM
They HAVE to keep McNabb happy...they are very close to their window of opportuity closing on them as far as Donavan is concerned.

I think they need a DE..RB...WR...and TE pretty badly....and may be willing to move up into the second or third to get players taht can contribute VERY soon.

they prob can get a good rb with the early pick and then the 2nd pick.. if pettigrew is still there i think he gets selected if not.. they could go wr...

or depending on what picks they have or don't have in the 2nd and 3rd rds.. could possibly trade there 2nd 1st rd pick to grab extra picks in 2nd/3rd

SteelMember
03-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I dont see Seatlle taking Raji at 4.

You may be right, but there is always the possibility of a team taking value before need. See Steelers last year. It's known that Seattle needed a WR, and even after the signing of houzyourmamma, they could still go after a guy like Crabtree. I think there next biggest need would be center, but with the value of the best center (Mack,Unger depending on who you ask), neither is a top 10 pick imo.

Raji is a beast, and maybe more suited for a 3-4 team, but he can obviously play in either package. NT's of his caliber are hard to come by and passing on him here means you are very satisfied with what you have. Guys like Mebane and Terrill. :noidea:

I know that if he falls to #9, the packers won't have to think very long about it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
When we update...I am leaning towards Seattle taking Stafford...Hearing LOTS of rumors coming out of Seattle in regards to not being able to pass up a QB of the future.

I also think that you can get a good idea of where a team is leaning by looking at the fan forums...and Stafford's name keeps popping up as a good choice at #4.

revefsreleets
03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
That makes some sense...Stafford is NOT ready to come in and start, but if he sits and learns for a year or two, he could be a good NFL QB.

SteelMember
03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
When we update...I am leaning towards Seattle taking Stafford...Hearing LOTS of rumors coming out of Seattle in regards to not being able to pass up a QB of the future.

I also think that you can get a good idea of where a team is leaning by looking at the fan forums...and Stafford's name keeps popping up as a good choice at #4.

Hasselback has like 10 years in already and Wallace isn't the full time answer, so that makes very good sense.

I actually had him going to J'ville. Del Rio, in my opinion, is going to have to pull something out this year, or he'll be out there. Gerrard didn't light it up like he did when he pushed Lefty out. Taking a new QB could be an answer if he's willing to admit he was wrong on that decision. Of course there is a big need at WR also.

ShutDown24
03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
This is the first chance I've really had to look at this mock.

It looks very well done to me, I just have a few points I would like to make.

1. I really don't think Stafford falls that far. I don't disagree that ten is much closer to his value than one is, but I just don't believe he will drop that far down. I see too many teams that would take him no question between picks one and ten.

2. Donald Brown should be picked before LeSean McCoy.

3. Butler, CB out of UCONN, has really risen. I don't think he makes it out of the first any longer. I certainly believe myself that he is a superior player to Alphonso Smith.

Other than that I think you guys did a wonderful job.

revefsreleets
03-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Is Stafford the best QB in this draft?

That is the question. Personally I like Sanchez better, but both need to sit and learn.

MasterOfPuppets
03-31-2009, 05:22 PM
This is the first chance I've really had to look at this mock.

It looks very well done to me, I just have a few points I would like to make.

1. I really don't think Stafford falls that far. I don't disagree that ten is much closer to his value than one is, but I just don't believe he will drop that far down. I see too many teams that would take him no question between picks one and ten.
. everybody was absolutely positvie brady quinn would never make it past the phins at 10 last year too....:wink02:

lilyoder6
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
there is a lot of possibiities that can happen.. since evry team in the top 10 have plenty of holes to fill and the future of there qb situation at hand

Texasteel
03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
there is a lot of possibiities that can happen.. since evry team in the top 10 have plenty of holes to fill and the future of there qb situation at hand

You dead right about that, these teams aren't picking in the top 10 because they only need 1 or 2 players, and who we think is the best player for them will not impress them at all.

ShutDown24
03-31-2009, 06:51 PM
everybody was absolutely positvie brady quinn would never make it past the phins at 10 last year too....:wink02:

Brady Quinn was drafted last year? :chuckle:

SteelShooter
03-31-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm definitely hoping Mack falls to us. This would most assuredly help in our O-Lines rebuilding efforts.

lilyoder6
03-31-2009, 08:52 PM
jesus.. the draft can't come any sooner..

taztroy43
04-01-2009, 03:21 AM
I think if the steelers might draft a cb or de....butler out of UCONN if he doesn't get drafted before us or sean smith cb out of utah....personally i like sean smith.....hey if your compared to mel blount you definitely have a big upside....and he could be the next mel blount for the steelers...ya neva know....the steelers have a need at cb because of BMACs departure.....gay is alright and townsend is still kinda consistent even though hes old and slow but he only has a few years/a year left in the tank...lol....with Dick LeBeau as smiths coordinator he'll definitely get the best out of him!....check out some of sean smiths pro day....<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVsw11ADPgI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVsw11ADPgI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

darius butler is awsome too....he is a physical corner and can play wide reciever!! a double threat....you cant go wrong with either of them check this video out on youtube of butler....<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6znwwOBvWI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6znwwOBvWI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would not mind if the steelers draft de jarron gilbert, tyson jackson, or dt fili moala at number 32.....i think all of these guys would eventually replace smith or keisel....or can contribute right away because they are all big athletic steeler type guys.....

The reason that I think they can afford all of these luxuries is that the steelers resigned all of their starting Oline from last season....YES I KNOW that they need some depth and talent at that position and they can look for some depth in the later rounds if they decide to do so....but i know last years oline sucked but hey they can only get better....and they better, get better in a hurry!!!!....if they decide to not draft an o-linemen in round 1 and 2.....

About the reciever situation i think Limas Sweed will do a decent/okay job filling in at number 3....i dont believe that we need to go after a reciever on the first day.....they can get one on the second to back up limas at number 4....but dont forget about dallas baker....remember him.....yeah....i think that he might be the reason that the steelers dont draft a reciever on the first day because hes been with the steelers for a while....

I hope that the steelers draft day looks a little something like this....but thats just me....

2009 NFL DRAFT STEELERS:

1- CB SEAN SMITH OR CB DARIUS BUTLER( I PREFER SMITH OUT OF THE TWO). OR MAYBE EVEN TYSON JACKSON OR JARRON GILBERT

2-DE JARRON GILBERT(IF AVAILABLE), DE FILI MOALA, OR THEY CAN GO O-LINE OR EVEN CB IF THEY DIDN'T DO SO IN THE 1ST PICK

3-BEST OLINE, D-LINE AVAILABLE IF NOT ADDRESSED IN PICKS 1 & 2, MAYBE A WR SUCH AS RAMSES BARDEN, OR A DEFENSIVE BACK...

4-GET THE BEST O-LINE/D-LINE AVAILABLE....

5-AN ATHLETIC/PROJECT TYPE CB.....LIKE IKE TAYLOR WAS......MAYBE DOMINIQUE JOHNSON....6'2"....REMINDS ME A LIL OF IKE.....

5-GET MORE DEPTH IN O-LINE/D-LINE, MAYBE EVEN A FULLBACK

6. A RETURN SPECIALIST......OR QB..

7.A DEPTH ON WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

7.B DEPTH ON WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

SteelShooter
04-01-2009, 03:50 AM

Yep! Noticed that also. And I believe they are eyeballing Hasselbeck's back problems as a catalyst for grooming their next franchise QB now, rather than later. I mean....Charlie Frye is waiting in the wings! LOL!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Yep! Noticed that also. And I believe they are eyeballing Hasselbeck's back problems as a catalyst for grooming their next franchise QB now, rather than later. I mean....Charlie Frye is waiting in the wings! LOL!

The closer we get to the draft the more I am thinking that Tampa may pull the trigger on Josh Freeman in the 1st....with no second round pick, it may make them reach to get a QB for the future.

We will be providing an update soon.

ShutDown24
04-01-2009, 03:17 PM
The closer we get to the draft the more I am thinking that Tampa may pull the trigger on Josh Freeman in the 1st....with no second round pick, it may make them reach to get a QB for the future.

We will be providing an update soon.

I strongly feel that Josh Freeman will be taken in the first due to the lack of quarterbacks in this draft. I have him going to Tampa in my mock and I really think it is the right spot.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34945

lilyoder6
04-01-2009, 05:40 PM
oh my boy josh.. so long it's been since i played him in HS when i was a soph and he was a sr

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2009, 09:57 AM
First Cutler...now Burress....makes it hard to do an update!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Why the hell does it seem like half the people on this forum knows/once knew famous NFL or Collegiate football players?

I was asking Mike Tomlin that question just last night.:chuckle:

lilyoder6
04-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Why the hell does it seem like half the people on this forum knows/once knew famous NFL or Collegiate football players?

the HS i went to, i have played quite a few players that are in D1 right now...
like chase coffman

and i've hung out with other players from college and the nfl, b/c of who i know.. i guess i fell into a nice situation

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Would the forum rather see all of us update the draft or just show individual thoughts as to what we think may happen?

We are close enough that he will get harder and harder to come to a consensus...but everyone involved has well thought out reasoning as to how they think the first round will pan out.

Also...would everyone like an informal draft contest thread? With points given for exact player in exact round to exact team...and points for correct player...correct position?

I dont want to do ot in this thread but if all us draftniks want to throw our hats in..I think it would be fun.

(Who knows...maybe we can even throw a prize in...I have a several new Steelers caps and would be willing to donate one...)

...maybe the mods can pick up on this before we start and we can make it an official game...

We could do either complete draft...or Steelers picks only.

Give me your thoughts.

Aussie_steeler
04-09-2009, 04:26 AM
We could do either complete draft...or Steelers picks only.
Give me your thoughts.

Why not a bit of both. Complete first round contest as well as a full 7 round Steelers draft contest.

Winner gets full bragging rights for the year and can lay claim to that title in their signature for the year.

Texasteel
04-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Why not a bit of both. Complete first round contest as well as a full 7 round Steelers draft contest.

Winner gets full bragging rights for the year and can lay claim to that title in their signature for the year.

That sounds fine to me. what will be the final date to get these in? I'm thinking a week from Sunday.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-11-2009, 10:08 AM
That sounds fine to me. what will be the final date to get these in? I'm thinking a week from Sunday.

That may work...I pm'd Gary and he forwarded it on to Mike. I love the idea of having a Draft King Tag!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I have talked to the mods and as of right now we will start the Draft Contest on Sunday the 19th of this month.

It will be a full first round draft AND a tiebreaker consisting of a 7 round draft of all Steelers picks.

HTG will sticky it for us and we are waiting on Mike to get back with us in regards to prizes. Winner will at least get a Steelers Cap that I will mail personally. (I have asked that the winner get a one year Draft King tag under their name and a Steelers Fever T-shirt thrown in for good measure but the t-shirt and tag are both pending at this time).

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Update with Buffalo Trade

1) Detroit Stafford, Matthew QB, Georgia
2) St. Louis Smith, Jason OT, Baylor
3) Kansas City Curry, Aaron OLB, Wake Forest
4) Seattle Monroe, Eugene OT, Virginia
5) Cleveland Orakpo, Brian DE, Texas
6) Cincinnati Oher, Michael OT, Mississippi
7) Oakland Maclin, Jeremy WR, Missouri
8) Jacksonville Crabtree, M. WR, Texas Tech
9) Green Bay Raji, B.J. DT, BC
10) San Francisco Sanchez, Mark QB, USC
11) Buffalo Smith, Andre OT, Alabama
12) Denver Freeman, Josh QB, Kansas St.
13) Washington Brown, Everette DE, Florida State
14) New Orleans Jenkins, Malcolm CB , Ohio State
15) Houston Maybin, Aaron DE, Penn State
16) San Diego Maualuga, Rey ILB, USC
17) New York Jets Wells, Chris RB, Ohio State
18) Denver Jackson, Tyson DE, LSU
19) Tampa Bay Cushing, Brian OLB, USC
20) Detroit Britton, Eben OT, Arizona
21) Philadelphia Beatty, Will OT, Connecticut
22) Minnesota Heyward-Bey, D. WR, Maryland
23) New England Matthews, Clay OLB, USC
24) Atlanta Jerry, Peria DT, Mississippi
25) Miami Harvin, Percy WR, Florida
26) Baltimore Davis, Vontae CB, Illinois
27) Indianapolis Hood, Evander DE, Missouri
28) Buffalo Pettigrew, B. TE, Okla. State
29) New York Giants Britt, Kenny WR, Rutgers
30) Tennessee Butler, Darius CB, Connecticut
31) Arizona Moreno, K. RB, Georgia
32) Pittsburgh Mack, Alex, California

lilyoder6
04-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Update with Buffalo Trade

7) Oakland Maclin, Jeremy WR, Missouri
8) Jacksonville Crabtree, M. WR, Texas Tech

i don't think the raiders will pass up on crabtree if he is still on the board...
the raiders alrdy have receivers who are burners..
and crabtree is a beast

Texasteel
04-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I think, and it's show itself in the past, that Davis will take the faster of the two players. I honestly believe if Oakland doesn't take Maclin, it will not be a WR at all.

triphahn
04-18-2009, 04:45 PM
New England or Tennessee will snag Robert Ayers. I was just thinking about Dallas and this draft. Maybe a suprise trade to get into things. Just a thought and maybe not a good one.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I think, and it's show itself in the past, that Davis will take the faster of the two players. I honestly believe if Oakland doesn't take Maclin, it will not be a WR at all.

If they dont go WR...I think that they may take Raji.

lilyoder6
04-18-2009, 08:08 PM
If they dont go WR...I think that they may take Raji.

i think that if they don't go wr.. they will go LT... prob smith if he falls..