PDA

View Full Version : Corey Ivy becomes a Brown

xfl2001fan
03-19-2009, 04:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3995993

Former Raven NB agrees to terms with Cleveland. What's going on in Baltimore that everyone wants to leave?

I like him as our Nickel Corner. There might just be a small sliver of hope with the MANKOK regime.

BrandonCarr39
03-19-2009, 04:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3995993

Former Raven NB agrees to terms with Cleveland. What's going on in Baltimore that everyone wants to leave?

I like him as our Nickel Corner. There might just be a small sliver of hope with the MANKOK regime.

So I guess it was BRIAN BILLICK's team that John Harbaugh had success with last year? I guess we'll see how GOOD Harbaugh is this year now that little by little, this squad has dissentigrated.

I always thought Corey Ivy would make a decent starter anywhere.

xfl2001fan
03-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Starter? No...at least not as a full-time starter. At best, he could be a #2 on a crappy team. Oh wait...he just signed with Cleveland. :doh:

The Duke
03-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Browns nickel was mike adams last year right?

whoever it was, Ivy is an improvement. but only if the browns get some pass rushers....

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 04:28 PM
ivy SUCKS.......:applaudit: ....glad to keep him in the division ...:thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I think Mike Adams found his way into that roll last year...because the guy we brought in (Terry Cousins) couldn't hack it.

Getting Pass Rushers (and using them) is going to be key to our defensive improvement. If we play a vanilla 3-4 defense with minimal blitzing, having pass rushers is pointless. Last year, it didn't matter who we had at OLB...because Crennel rarely attempted to use them. Instead, he wanted to rush three...which meant the ends could be single blocked (because 3-4 DE's are not, by nature, great pass rushers) and Rogers would be triple teamed. Sending linebackers isn't always about ensuring linebackers get to the QB...but about ensuring that someone can get free to get after him. Ideally, you'd like the linebackers to make the plays...but if it's (instead) one of the D-Lineman...so be it.

Edman
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
The main problem with the Browns Defense is their lousy LB core. You can put Rod Woodson in their secondary and the Defense will still suck.

xfl2001fan
03-19-2009, 04:30 PM
The main problem with the Browns Defense is the Front Seven and a group of pathetic linebackers.

Don't know how good they really are. They haven't been used as typical 3-4 linebackers.

Steelman16
03-19-2009, 09:33 PM
At least Sweed can still own him. :chuckle:

ShutDown24
03-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't know how good they really are. They haven't been used as typical 3-4 linebackers.

But there isn't anything "typical" about a 3-4 LB. The 4-3 is an easier scheme to learn and execute from the LB position - it is much less confusing. If they didn't succeed in that system, there is little hope the same group of mediocre players can switch to a more complicated one. At least Wimbley has a chance to become a decent player now, though. He would be much more suited to a 3-4.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9493/coreyivylimassweed.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coreyivylimassweed.jpg)

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2009, 01:11 AM
But there isn't anything "typical" about a 3-4 LB. The 4-3 is an easier scheme to learn and execute from the LB position - it is much less confusing. If they didn't succeed in that system, there is little hope the same group of mediocre players can switch to a more complicated one. At least Wimbley has a chance to become a decent player now, though. He would be much more suited to a 3-4.

I think Wimbley has had chances to showcase his ability and has gone in the tank after his rookie season. Cleveland needs to find a pass rusher, since he doesnt look like the answer.

XxKnightxX
03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I think Mike Adams found his way into that roll last year...because the guy we brought in (Terry Cousins) couldn't hack it.

Getting Pass Rushers (and using them) is going to be key to our defensive improvement. If we play a vanilla 3-4 defense with minimal blitzing, having pass rushers is pointless. Last year, it didn't matter who we had at OLB...because Crennel rarely attempted to use them. Instead, he wanted to rush three...which meant the ends could be single blocked (because 3-4 DE's are not, by nature, great pass rushers) and Rogers would be triple teamed. Sending linebackers isn't always about ensuring linebackers get to the QB...but about ensuring that someone can get free to get after him. Ideally, you'd like the linebackers to make the plays...but if it's (instead) one of the D-Lineman...so be it.
Mangini does the damn same my man, why do you think the jets debacled last year?

xfl2001fan
03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm more than aware of how the 3-4 linebacker differs from a 4-3 linebacker. That's why I prefaced the linebacker with the "3-4". If you are going to run a 3-4 defense you are looking for a specific type of player to play both the outside and inside linebacker positions. The 3-4 (vs the pass) is (by nature) supposed to be an aggressive attacking scheme. If you're going to drop all your linebackers into coverage, then you should just be playing a 4-3 defense allowing for your D-line to generate the pressure. We only have one solid-3-4 Lineman who can generate pressure by himself...and he doesn't like Mangini...meaning he'll slump off unless we are able to effectively take advantage of a weak schedule this year.

Mangini does the damn same my man, why do you think the jets debacled last year?

I'm aware of Mangini's shortcoming when it comes to his preferred defensive scheme. However, he did bring in Mr. Ryan, who desires to be aggressive. I'm hoping Ryan's enthusiasm for aggressiveness will overcome Mangini's pacific preference. I'd be happy if they averaged one blitzer on every down. That still leaves 7 for coverage...but it should be enough to keep O-lineman (and the QB) guessing.

revefsreleets
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Well, other than the fact that the team has a new coach that no one on the team likes, no QB, no WR's, an unproven and previously injured TE, an aging RB, a depleted OL, no pass rush ability and a depleted LB corp, this surely COULD be the move that puts the Browns in the Super Bowl this year.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

MasterOfPuppets
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/381/bushtoilet.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bushtoilet.jpg)

the newest brown .....:chuckle:

lilyoder6
03-20-2009, 04:48 PM
this isn't right... raven players afre supposed to go to the jets and jet players supposed to go to the browns

Ravnet
03-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Corey Ivy is most definitely a liability to any team he joins. Ravens fans were absolutely ecstatic when he left.

Fire Haley
03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
ivy SUCKS.......:applaudit: ....glad to keep him in the division ...:thumbsup:

Now that is the correct attitude.

devilsdancefloor
03-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Wow he played for the purple brownies andnow for the orange brownies poor guy has not luck or his beel is stil ringing from the SWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD hit!:drink::tt03::tt03:

BrandonCarr39
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow-the Ravens are really getting gutted.

By next year, if they DO do badly, will the word be how this was BRIAN BILLICK's team that Harbaugh took deep in the playoffs last year?