PDA

View Full Version : Trade down Mock

Aussie_steeler
03-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Everyone else has been putting up mocks and I have been entitled to pass opinion. It is only fair that I put one up in return to face the wrath of the War room.

My scenario this week involves a trade down with the Dolphins:

The Dolphins take a OLB at #25 in the first to fill a need. They also need a CB to fill another major need so they trade up with the Steelers. The Steelers play because Alex Mack has been taken and their are no OT's of note.

Miami - gives Steelers Round 2 # 44, Round 2 # 56 and Round 4 # 119 ( 870 trade points)
Steelers - gives Dolphins Round 1 #32, Round 2 #64 ( 860 trade points)

Round 2 #44 - Eric Wood C Louisville 6-4 310 ( center for the next decade)

Round 2 # 56 - Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma 6-5 329 ( Woods partner in crime for next decade)

Round 3 # 96 - Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State 6-5 309 ( At RT the right side is set for a long time)

Round 3 # comp - Dorell Scott DE Clemson 6-3 312 ( A big run stuffer at DE)

Round 4 # 119 - Scott McKillop ILB Pittsburgh 6-1 244 ( Timmons & McKillop in time)

Round 4 # - Austin Collie WR Brigham Young 6-1 200 ( Sure handed possesion receiver)

Round 5 # - C.J. Spillman FS Marshall 6-0 197 ( combo safety who is a chance to stick)

Round 6 # - Joe Burnett CB UCF 5-10 192 ( punt returner / CB)

Round 7 (T.B) - Frank Summers FB UNLV 5-09 241 ( Would love to run behind Wood & Duke)

Round 7 # - Antonio Dixon NT Miami 6-03 324 ( Casey needs a rookie to carry his lunch barrow)

My way of thinking is that this is the draft to really load up on the O line. This draft would provide a great right side to the O line that any RB could run behind and also keep ben upright.

I think all my picks in rounds 2 - 4 are players who could stick and the rest are players capable of sitting on the practice squad and developing slowly.

Interesting read on Cadogan for those interested http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/517484

Let the fun begin.

Michael Keller
03-20-2009, 09:01 AM
I would love to see 3 offensive linemen picked in the first 4 rounds. Certainly two.

MDSteel15
03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Other than your 4th rounders, I could deal with this I guess.... :coffee:

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-20-2009, 11:16 AM
i love the frank summers pick, do you really think he will be there in the 7th?

BKAnthem
03-20-2009, 11:17 AM
I like this mock...I could also to see the center from AL Caldwell in the second round if wood is gone....

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I like this mock...I could also to see the center from AL Caldwell in the second round if wood is gone....

I think Caldwell will be a 3rd round guy and Cadogan 4th or lower. Good players, but lots of depth at other positions instead of O line. Once you get thru the first good players.........this O line crop is actually kind of weak.

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
I would rather have Johnny Knox than Collie , but i got a feeling his value is rising after that 4.3 he ran.

Joe Burnett- is a little to small 5'9 and a runs a 4.5 right? I dunno maybe his size is his edge and will play with a chip on his shoulder . Which are players i love!

I like the mock, the first 3 picks will help in the long run. I think that is what we need to focus on is to insure a strong depth chart for years to come. Insurance ,I think that is the theme of this upcoming draft. I mean WE JUST WON THE SUPERBOWL so is there really isn't a pressing need that we need to fill immediately. But satisfying the O-line now will give us one less thing to worry about for a while.

triphahn
03-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Everyone else has been putting up mocks and I have been entitled to pass opinion. It is only fair that I put one up in return to face the wrath of the War room.

My scenario this week involves a trade down with the Dolphins:

The Dolphins take a OLB at #25 in the first to fill a need. They also need a CB to fill another major need so they trade up with the Steelers. The Steelers play because Alex Mack has been taken and their are no OT's of note.

Miami - gives Steelers Round 2 # 44, Round 2 # 56 and Round 4 # 119 ( 870 trade points)
Steelers - gives Dolphins Round 1 #32, Round 2 #64 ( 860 trade points)

Round 2 #44 - Eric Wood C Louisville 6-4 310 ( center for the next decade)

Round 2 # 56 - Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma 6-5 329 ( Woods partner in crime for next decade)

Round 3 # 96 - Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State 6-5 309 ( At RT the right side is set for a long time)

Round 3 # comp - Dorell Scott DE Clemson 6-3 312 ( A big run stuffer at DE)

Round 4 # 119 - Scott McKillop ILB Pittsburgh 6-1 244 ( Timmons & McKillop in time)

Round 4 # - Austin Collie WR Brigham Young 6-1 200 ( Sure handed possesion receiver)

Round 5 # - C.J. Spillman FS Marshall 6-0 197 ( combo safety who is a chance to stick)

Round 6 # - Joe Burnett CB UCF 5-10 192 ( punt returner / CB)

Round 7 (T.B) - Frank Summers FB UNLV 5-09 241 ( Would love to run behind Wood & Duke)

Round 7 # - Antonio Dixon NT Miami 6-03 324 ( Casey needs a rookie to carry his lunch barrow)

My way of thinking is that this is the draft to really load up on the O line. This draft would provide a great right side to the O line that any RB could run behind and also keep ben upright.

I think all my picks in rounds 2 - 4 are players who could stick and the rest are players capable of sitting on the practice squad and developing slowly.

Interesting read on Cadogan for those interested http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/517484

Let the fun begin.

Not bad. Love to see Duke Robinson in a steelers jersey and watched Frank the Tank dismantle ASU here in the desert.

steelreserve
03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Why not do exactly what you just said, only don't trade with Miami and leave off one of the fourth-rounders who probably wouldn't make the team anyway. That way we don't run the risk out of getting hosed out of one of the players we really wanted.

Also, I hope we draft some offensive linemen, but I doubt we'll spend our first three picks on them. They would bring us up to what, 11 or 12 OLs on the roster and we'd probably have to cut one of our first-day picks. I'd like to see us do something about the d-line before the last pick of Day One.

Steely McSmash
03-20-2009, 07:19 PM
They would bring us up to what, 11 or 12 OLs on the roster and we'd probably have to cut one of our first-day picks. I'd like to see us do something about the d-line before the last pick of Day One.

OF the 9 that made the team out of last years camp you can subtract Simmons and Smith.

If all those guys make it then you'd have room for 2 more.

In addition to this years rookies you have Capizzi, Parquet and Legursky in the hunt for these spots.

Of course we have no idea how well these guys are coming along so it's hard as a fan to assess need. I think our round 5 and below picks could probably make it to the practice squad. Probably not wise to pick more than 2 or 3 early on if you look at it this way. Trading some of these guys could always be a possibility.

Regarding D-line on day 1, I think we need a quality player but since 3-4 DE is probably going to need a year to get ready to play anyway, second day guy could be ok if he has potential. Keep in mind that I think day 1 is only rounds 1-2 now.

Not sure that we want such lumbering guards like Robinson. Someone like Levitre or Canfield might be more versatile IMO.