PDA

View Full Version : Colbert & Company will trade up in 1st Rnd

STEELAMANIA
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM
DEJA VU (same thang from 2006 draft)

You heard it hear first.

Aren't you glad u didn't get this info on draft day?
:sofunny:

HometownGal
03-20-2009, 02:51 PM

No.

No.

No.

Steely McSmash
03-21-2009, 02:44 PM
In the past they've done this for players that they really like.

2006 Steelers trade pick 32 and 96 for Giant's 26 to get Tone

2003 Steelers trade picks 27, 92 and 200 for KC's 16 to pick up Troy.

Basic moves this year would be either our 1 and 3 to move up to 26th overall or our 1 and 2 to move up to about 20th.

I think the Steelers would have somebody valued higher than those spots to make the trade. Who could slide to make these trades make sense?

@20 Andre Smith, Tyson Jackson or Michael Oher maybe?

@26 Rey Maualuga or Vontae Davis maybe.

I think Maualuga is probably the only one I'd consider a special player. Maybe Andre Smith.

What do you think?

Steely McSmash
03-21-2009, 02:46 PM
(same thang from 2006 draft)

This would mean that we trade for Baltimore's #26, Baltimore wins SB XLV and the Steelers pick at 26 will be the MVP of SB XLVI:drink:

SunshineMan21
03-22-2009, 01:42 AM
I think Oher is the only one I would trade up for. I like Maluagua, but trading up for a LB just doesn't make sense at the moment.

SteelShooter
03-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Lots of thought was put into this.............thank you.

hindes204
03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I tend not to speculate on the draft, or talk smack about our draft, the steelers front office always seems to make the right decisions, so im down with whatever they do

The Lakelander
03-24-2009, 10:38 AM

You heard it hear first.

Well I would have agreed with this scenario ... but then we lost our projected 3rd round compensatory pick, which would have made this scenario very possible.

So now I think we will hold true to our 32nd pick and take the best O-Lineman available there.

If we do trade up in Round 1 I'm hoping it is for Tyson Jackson.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 11:58 AM
We did NOT hear it here first. I've been saying we're going to package a RB and a pick and move up for at least 6 weeks now.

The Lakelander
03-24-2009, 12:04 PM
We did NOT hear it here first. I've been saying we're going to package a RB and a pick and move up for at least 6 weeks now.

Why would we package a RB? ... and which RB would anyone even be interested in? ... and don't even suggest Mewelde Moore. :laughing:

That's not our style!

We would have strongly considered trading up if we had an extra 3rd rounder to offer. But forget it now. We will hold fast at #32 and take the best player at a need position.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Willie Parker.

There are at least 3 teams looking for RB's ahead of us. We package Parker and a #2 or #3 (depending on how high we need to climb for the particular player we have oyr eye on) and move up. We don't need 47 RB's on the team. We keep Moore, Mendy and Russell, plus this new kid from the CFL.

The Lakelander
03-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Not a chance.

But if you want to believe that I'm not standing in the way.

RB is the one position on the team that is set entirely. We've got a terrific group of RB's right now! Trading away one of those guys makes RB a need postion. Not this year! It makes no sense and it would cause a rift in the locker room. Parker is a very respected player in the locker room.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm just spitballing, and have been from the start.

But you missed the boat on one thing: It does not "become a need". With Davis signed as a FB who can play RB, and McHugh as a TE who can play FB, plus Ryan Powdrell signed to compete at FB, we actually have a backfield of:

Mendy
Moore
Parker
Russell
Stefan Logan
Justin Vincent

That's too many RB's. I think they'll keep Logan, too, beacsue he can return kicks. They have room to move at this position.

The Lakelander
03-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Let's just hope Davis is done! That guy is a waste of a roster spot.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Doubt it...they just resigned him.