PDA

View Full Version : Carson Says Bungles to Super Bowl

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-20-2009, 06:43 PM
:rofl: :toofunny:

Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is already talking Super Bowl.

How do we know?

Palmer mentions the S word (followed by the B word) in a recorded marketing call that Bengals season ticket holders are receiving from the team. One recipient of the message forwarded the audio to us.

Heres the text: Hi, this is Carson Palmer, and I am calling today to thank you for keeping your Bengals season tickets. We know this is a tough time and your support means a lot. Last season was my most disappointing ever. But I am ready today to get back out on the field and win games. This season will be exciting and we need you to keep the stadium loud and fun. So I wanted you to know that we appreciate your loyalty to our team, and I will do anything I can to make the Bengals a season surprise Super Bowl team. Go Bengals.

Though the message presumes that the recipient already has renewed his or her season tickets, were under the impression that the call is being used to coax them into making the purchase via the same vocal inflections that, say, Pacman Jones might eventually learn to use when attempting to persuade a restaurant patron to expand his or her order.

profootballtalk.com

NJarhead
03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Carson, that is nothing short of cruel. How can you do that to your fans?
:chuckle:

tony hipchest
03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
whats funny is if you play the message backwards it says " trade me to denver for jay cutler- straight up. the bengals suck" :hunch:

St33lersguy
03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
:sign09::sign09::sign09:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
He shouldn't tease the Bungal fans like that, they aren't even making the playoffs.

St33lersguy
03-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Bungles 09 prediction: 4-12, maybe worse

xfl2001fan
03-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I stand by my annual prediction. Bengals go 11-5. 11 arrests and 5 convictions.

devilsdancefloor
03-20-2009, 10:14 PM
He might feel pretty good he didnt face our defense and feels a bit profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery cause he wasnt hit erm i mean reminded whatit is like to play us

steelwall
03-20-2009, 10:46 PM
He might feel pretty good he didnt face our defense and feels a bit profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery cause he wasnt hit erm i mean reminded whatit is like to play us

I agree the Steelers are different team then he faced before, he is in for a BIG suprize... Run for your life Carson....:wave:

Steeler in Carolina
03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
He is such a loser. Perfect QB for the perfect team.

HughC
03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
The only way Palmer is going to the Super Bowl is with tickets given to each team.

That, or waiting a few years till after his contract ends and he's picked up as a free agent that nobody else wants to be a backup QB to Ben.

SteelShooter
03-21-2009, 12:06 AM
This, well................just sad.

steelwall
03-21-2009, 01:45 AM
The only way Palmer is going to the Super Bowl is with tickets given to each team.

That, or waiting a few years till after his contract ends and he's picked up as a free agent that nobody else wants to be a backup QB to Ben.

Or he sneaks in wearing all Steelers clothing, with a terrible towel used as a 'bandits' mask so noone recognizes him, and dives on his knee....:laughing:

paw-n-maul-u
03-21-2009, 05:44 AM
honestly ... the title of this thread is completely taken out of context. Carson Palmer did not say a single statement that even toyed with a definitive "we, the bengals, are going to the superbowl"

this might as well be titled ... "some QB from some team said it would be a SURPRISE if their team made it to the superbowl."

seriously. I was expecting it to be a ... "I'm carson palmer and i play for the bengals and we are winning the superbowl."

this is so misleading and an absolutely pointless thread. obviously that is not going to happen ... and this is not steelers related AT ALL. People are actually responding as if some statement that carson palmer said (AND REALLY .... WTF IS HE SUPPOSED TO SAY ... "we the bengals, suck, and will be rebuilding for 20 years" ... who even cares?

carson palmer DID NOT say the bengals were going to win the superbowl ... or even make the playoffs ... INFACT, he said it would be a surprise. this doesnt even warrant consideration in the NFL thread. any play who represents their team (uhhh, esp. a franchise qb) and gives them no hope for winning anything, then why is he even a QB?

I hope carson comes back healthy and actually makes a little noise in the AFC north.

I'm tired ok skating all over this profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter division. the ravens are awesome one out of every three years ... the other two are 10-6 and 7-9ish years ... the browns are a complete joke. and so are the bengals. at the very least, carson plamer is saying he still gives a shit, and in my mind, after all the highs and verrrrrrrrrrrrrry low-low's he's had to go through .I applaud him for not saying "profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter it" and going all jay cutler

i mean really folks ... if anything ... we should take a step back to appreciate a player who takes everything that is thrown at him, and at the end of the day, still think he can do some good for his franchise.

Take notes Gay fuker ... oops i mean jay cutler.

stillers4me
03-21-2009, 07:37 AM
No, what is pathetic about the whole thing is how they are having to beg their fans for support.

From what I'm hearing around here in Cinci, Carson sounds like he's at a funeral and a few people actually hung up in the middle of the recording before they realized who it was. Don't think he actually believes that sh$t he was forced to say.

Galax Steeler
03-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Or he sneaks in wearing all Steelers clothing, with a terrible towel used as a 'bandits' mask so noone recognizes him, and dives on his knee....:laughing:

If he done that he would think he had died and went to heaven.

lilyoder6
03-21-2009, 10:26 AM
poor bengals... they are in so much need of a miracle to even win games

Edman
03-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Carson Palmer....

Wasn't he that one guy who was good for a year and that everyone said Ben wasn't in his league, but turned out the exact opposite was true?

Fire Haley
03-21-2009, 12:12 PM
His shredded elbow won't make it halfway through the season. He should of had Tommy John surgery.

Dino 6 Rings
03-23-2009, 08:18 AM
I didn't realize the Steelers were looking to bring in Carson as the back up to Big Ben...cause that's the only way that Punk is getting to the Super Bowl, as a back up to the 2 time champion.

revefsreleets
03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
It's no surprise at all. Every NFL player gets 2 tickets to the Super Bowl. The Browns are going to the Super bowl as well, right along with the Lions.

steelerdave1969
03-23-2009, 07:01 PM
:rofl: :toofunny:

Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is already talking Super Bowl.

How do we know?

Palmer mentions the “S” word (followed by the “B” word) in a recorded marketing call that Bengals season ticket holders are receiving from the team. One recipient of the message forwarded the audio to us.

Here’s the text: “Hi, this is Carson Palmer, and I am calling today to thank you for keeping your Bengals season tickets. We know this is a tough time and your support means a lot. Last season was my most disappointing ever. But I am ready today to get back out on the field and win games. This season will be exciting and we need you to keep the stadium loud and fun. So I wanted you to know that we appreciate your loyalty to our team, and I will do anything I can to make the Bengals a season surprise Super Bowl team. Go Bengals.“

Though the message presumes that the recipient already has renewed his or her season tickets, we’re under the impression that the call is being used to coax them into making the purchase via the same vocal inflections that, say, Pacman Jones might eventually learn to use when attempting to persuade a restaurant patron to expand his or her order.

profootballtalk.com

I dont personally see anything wrong with the ad by Palmer. He is just doing what he is paid to do and most all or any teams in the NFL wants their players to talk like that as long as they can..
:chuckle:

steelerdave1969
03-23-2009, 07:04 PM
It's no surprise at all. Every NFL player gets 2 tickets to the Super Bowl. The Browns are going to the Super bowl as well, right along with the Lions.

I didnt know every player got 2 tickets to the super bowl... or I would have called Carson after super bowl XL....:chuckle:

NJarhead
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
whats funny is if you play the message backwards it says " trade me to denver for jay cutler- straight up. the bengals suck" :hunch:

I stand by my annual prediction. Bengals go 11-5. 11 arrests and 5 convictions.

:rofl:

4thand1
03-23-2009, 07:20 PM
They'll go 6-10

BrandonCarr39
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
As long as Carson is healthy, I think they'll be in playoff contention, even despite a suspect D and Marvin Lewis being a poor disciplinarian.

That offense alone could produce 10, maybe even 11 wins. Of course, they won't do much in the playoffs with that defense.

Fire Haley
03-25-2009, 06:12 AM
10 wins? With what?

Phfffthp

Palmer has a crippled elbow, lost their best WR, still has Chad, no running game and no O-line.

Oh yeah - their D ain't all that great either. These ain't the 05 Bengals.