PDA

View Full Version : Browns Shaun Rogers still wants out of Cleveland.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Report says Shaun Rogers is missing from Cleveland Browns off-season workouts
by Mary Kay Cabot / Plain Dealer Reporter
Thursday March 19, 2009, 11:27 PM
UPDATED: 11:29 p.m.

Shaun Rogers, shown last year against Buffalo, reportedly is not participating in the Browns off-season program. -- Apparently, the feud between Browns Pro Bowl nose tackle Shaun Rogers and coach Eric Mangini has not yet been resolved.

Rogers skipped the first week of the Browns voluntary off-season program, which began Monday, according to espn.com. Rogers' agent, Kennard McGuire, reached by phone, declined to comment.

Last month, Rogers asked the Browns to release him from his six-year, $42 million contract after what he felt were two snubs by his new head coach. Rogers was also miffed that his first contact from the new regime was a mandate to show up for the off-season program at a prescribed weight, a source said.

Rogers felt that because he played hurt the second half of last season and was in compliance with his weight requirement all year, such a command was unnecessary.

Rogers had asked the Browns not to pay him the $6 million option bonus he was due this month and to release him instead, a source said. But the Browns had no intention of releasing their top defensive player, a source close to the team said.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/

SteelShooter
03-20-2009, 11:53 PM
The rats are leaving this sinking ship!

Galax Steeler
03-21-2009, 07:21 AM
The rats are leaving this sinking ship!

It may not be a sinking since Romeo got off of it.:toofunny:

lilyoder6
03-21-2009, 09:17 AM
It may not be a sinking since Romeo got off of it.:toofunny:

idk bout that one.. it seems the mangini's ego is as big as romeo was big bone

BrandonCarr39
03-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow-it was just LAST YEAR when the Browns gave up a couple of draft picks for this guy. Now they're going to lose him too?

Too bad-Rogers is very talented, but poorly motivated.

fansince'76
03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Frontrunning fatass.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 10:28 AM
They need to get rid of him, but get something for him.

But it's the Browns. They'll eff this all up...it's what they do.

BrandonCarr39
03-24-2009, 11:23 AM
They need to get rid of him, but get something for him.

But it's the Browns. They'll eff this all up...it's what they do.

This is like the 2nd team he's shown his malcontentness, unmotivation, and laziness with? Plus doesn't he have a massive contract to boot?

Who's going to want to trade even a p-pot for this baggage?

The Browns BIGGEST mistake was giving this guy a massive contract the minute they traded for him last year. They should have made him EARN his monies. Alot like when Brandon Lloyd was traded to the Redskins a couple of years ago for picks-the Skins almost immediately spoiled him, and we all know the results from there...

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 11:33 AM
This is like the 2nd team he's shown his malcontentness, unmotivation, and laziness with? Plus doesn't he have a massive contract to boot?

The Browns BIGGEST mistake was giving this guy a massive contract the minute they traded for him last year. They should have made him EARN his monies. Alot like when Brandon Lloyd was traded to the Redskins a couple of years ago for picks-the Skins almost immediately spoiled him, and we all know the results from there...

Seriously?

Cowboys
Raiders
Ratbirds
Redskins

Just to name a few.

BrandonCarr39
03-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Seriously?

Cowboys
Raiders
Ratbirds
Redskins

Just to name a few.

Well, I believe even Wade and Jerry said they're looking for a mammoth 3-4 NT(and want to move Ratliffe back to DE). Rogers went to UT...

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
And I'm talking about teams that have traditionally not card much about character. I'd add the bengals, but Rogers is just lazy and unmotivated, not a criminal...

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2009, 12:13 PM
isn't Rogers the piece of shiiiit that hit Ben late last year and wasn't called. Yeah, pretty sure I remember Ben throwing the ball and this fat piece of trash taking two steps, lowering the shoulder and smashing into our defenseless QB.

Funny they aren't making a "new rule" about that. Guess Tough QBs are just that, TOUGH and not "make me a new rule" Puzzies

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 07:49 AM
isn't Rogers the piece of shiiiit that hit Ben late last year and wasn't called. Yeah, pretty sure I remember Ben throwing the ball and this fat piece of trash taking two steps, lowering the shoulder and smashing into our defenseless QB.

Funny they aren't making a "new rule" about that. Guess Tough QBs are just that, TOUGH and not "make me a new rule" Puzzies

Yup, Rogers was not called for a late hit during that game. And it was clearly a late hit, even my family (many of whom are Browns homers and believe every year is a SB year) agrees with that.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
If the Browns are smart, they'll trade him.

Otherwise he'll be nothing but a huge ball of malcontent in the locker room. And if the Browns don't turn it around this year...he'll go back to taking plays off and not keeping his weight in check.

Don't worry, someone will want him. Hell, teams keep giving T(eam) O(bliterater) a chance.

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2009, 04:06 PM

that sounds funny coming from a fan, who's team signed T.O. .....not once, but twice... :laughing:

revefsreleets
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
If he played for a winner, he'd probably straighten up.

Pats need a NT?