PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young going pro

BB2W
01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Longhorns junior quarterback Vince Young will declare for the NFL draft at a 4 p.m. news conference Sunday, his godmother told The Dallas Morning News.

Young and his mother, Felicia, met with Young's pastor, Samuel H. Smith, in Houston on Sunday before making the decision, Yolande Levine told The Morning News

According to Levine, Young was on his way to Austin to tell Texas coach Mack Brown his decision to go pro.

"After that performance in the Rose Bowl, I think we all kind of knew which way he was going to go," Levine told the newspaper.

link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2284744

Koopa
01-08-2006, 02:39 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! lol well there goes our hopes of repeating and beating ohio state, crapy bowl game here we come. i'm not surprised i'd do the same thing. i just hope he doesn't get drafted by the saints

BB2W
01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Sorry about your loss Koop...

Brady12
01-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Bush - Houston
Leinart - Saints (Don't want another Aaron Brooks)
Young - Titans

Thats what I see.

If this happens, you might wonder if they will trade Billy Volek? or let McNair go?

SteelerDan43
01-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Bush - Houston
Young - Titans

Thats what I see.

If this happens, you might wonder if they will trade Billy Volek? or let McNair go?

If I was Volek I would scream at the front office for a trade

Koopa
01-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Bush - Houston
Young - Titans

Thats what I see.

i saw on fsn or espn, vince young said mcnair is his kind of his mentor so i think that would be a perfect place for vince to go, and volek sucks so let him whine about a trade he ain't nothing more then a back up

Brady12
01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
he wasn't THAT bad last season was he? Twice he threw over 400 yards and 4 TD, and a high of 492 yards.

Go_Cats
01-08-2006, 04:15 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! lol well there goes our hopes of repeating and beating ohio state, crapy bowl game here we come. i'm not surprised i'd do the same thing. i just hope he doesn't get drafted by the saints
Believe me I know how you feel. Reggie Bish, Lendale White, Matt Leinart, Darnell Bing, Winston Justice are all going pro.

Koopa
01-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Believe me I know how you feel. Reggie Bish, Lendale White, Matt Leinart, Darnell Bing, Winston Justice are all going pro.

lol but at least ya'll are probably getting top of the line prospects we are only getting two five star prospects and they are on defense. and ya'll probably have a good qb waiting to take over we have a bunch of garbage and two decent qb prospects coming in. oh well i'll still root for the longhorns just as hard as i been doing even if we end up in the holiday bowl again and again and again

LambertIsGod58
01-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Brady12 has it right. Young would fit better with the Saints I think though. I'd love for Pitt to get Lendale White.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 04:32 PM
If the titans manage to get Vince, McNair will be gone... I know St. Louis has been looking hard at him.

Koopa
01-08-2006, 07:58 PM
mcnair is his mentor, i think mcnair will stick around for one season to make sure everything goes right for young

Suitanim
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Titans is a WISE choice if they want him to play QB in the NFL...Vince Young is at least a 2 year NFL QB project. Somebody else may snatch him up quicker for the more logical WR role.

Koopa
01-08-2006, 08:43 PM
well i think the texans are gonna get reggie then i think the siants will get matt cause they've already had a scrambling qb and that didn't turn out to well for them, then the titans pick and that is were he'll land. and his mentor mcnair will stay a year to help him get shit straight and then vince will have the titans back in the playoff hunt

jbone19
01-09-2006, 09:38 AM
If Houston doesn't take Vince with the first pick, I think they are absolute idiots. Bush is good but Vince is a phenom. Also, lets throw in the fact that David Carr absolutely sux.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
If Houston doesn't take Vince with the first pick, I think they are absolute idiots. Bush is good but Vince is a phenom. Also, lets throw in the fact that David Carr absolutely sux.

Carr doesn't suck,his offensive line sucks.No QB is gonna look successful when he can't get time to even find a reciever that's partially open.

But I have heard that Texan fans want to put Carr in a packaged deal (that better include them getting some good o-linemen if they want any success out of VY) so they can draft Young and keep him in his home state of Texas.

There is also the possibility that the Cowboys trade up to try and get Young,everyone knows they are looking for the guy to replace Bledsoe when he leaves.

Koopa
01-09-2006, 02:05 PM
naw vince young ain't the type of qb parcells likes. vince will drive parcells nuts the way he plays. and vince can do good with the houston line he can actually run. carrs a decent scrambler but he's not a playmaker like vince young is. but i hope he goes to the titans just so he can be with his mentor mcnair. and on espn.com they have a insider article (i ain't gonna pay to read an artice) saying that mcnair will return to the titans (probably cause he knows his boi vince will be wearing the same jersey)