PDA

View Full Version : Draft tidbits

Fire Haley
03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
discuss this

North Carolina WR Hakeem Nicks scored only an 11 on the Wonderlic exam.

"Nicks is a definite ballplayer, but he might not be that smart."

(Duh)

Other notably poor scores were by Percy Harvin (12), Western Michigan FS Louis Delmas (12), Darrius Heyward-Bey (14), and Rey Maualuga (15).

The Definiti0n
03-22-2009, 03:55 PM
11 out of what?

Fire Haley
03-22-2009, 04:13 PM
The Wonderlic Personnel Test is a twelve-minute, fifty-question intelligence test.

Dolphins can swim up and get 20's.

Fire Haley
03-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Cincinnati CB Mike Mickens ran 4.53 at the Bearcats' Pro Day.

Mickens has battled a recurruing knee injury since the middle of his senior season, but is now considered to be 85% healthy. He probably would touch the 4.4s if he were 100%. Mickens is a second- to third-round prospect.

He could be tasty.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-22-2009, 06:07 PM

Mickens has battled a recurruing knee injury since the middle of his senior season, but is now considered to be 85% healthy. He probably would touch the 4.4s if he were 100%. Mickens is a second- to third-round prospect.

He could be tasty.

I like Mickens and think he would be a good fit with the Steelers in the 3rd round. Nicks is pretty dumb, you can score a 12 pretty easily on the Wonderlic........good thing he can catch a football!!!

revefsreleets
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
If you score less than a 12, it's quite possible you may not even be able to actually read. If you randomly guess at 50 questions on a 4 option multiple choice you should get somewhere in the 10-14 range.

That's why I've always questioned Vince Young's literacy.

St33lersguy
03-22-2009, 08:37 PM

He could be tasty.

That's interesting scouting info. but what does that have to do with the Wonderlic?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-22-2009, 09:54 PM
If you score less than a 12, it's quite possible you may not even be able to actually read. If you randomly guess at 50 questions on a 4 option multiple choice you should get somewhere in the 10-14 range.

That's why I've always questioned Vince Young's literacy.

Yeah, maybe the had somebody taking his classes for him at Texas??

I cant honestly remember, but I think there is a fractional deduction for wrong answers on the Wonderlic, so you get penalized for guessing wrong. Still, a highschool graduate should be able to get the first 3 series of questions without breaking a sweat and score a 15.

Fire Haley
03-23-2009, 06:34 AM
That's interesting scouting info. but what does that have to do with the Wonderlic?

It's my thread - I'll put anything I want to in it. Deal with it.

atlsteelers
03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
speaking of the wonderlic test

Stafford impresses with Wonderlic score
Wire Services

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Georgia’s Matthew Stafford continues to impress.

After his dazzling pro day workout in Athens last week, word is now that the Bulldogs’ quarterback — rated by many as the best quarterback in this year’s NFL Draft — scored the highest score on the Wonderlic test of any other quarterback.

Stafford reportedly scored 38.

USC’s Mark Sanchez scored 28 and Kansas State’s Josh Freeman 27.

The test, which measures problem-solving ability, features 50 questions and a 12-minute time limit.

Though the test is rarely completed, the Wonderlic is typically regarded as a good way to measure a player’s intelligence.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Stafford is a smart kid. Charley Casserly commented on the Wonderlic test on NFL network. He said that its just a tool and if guys are poor on it, they will do further investigation into their intelligence. He added most teams have guys work on their own tests and drawing things up on the chalkboard to determine their..............football IQ.

Notable Wonderlic scores:

Drew Henson-42
Alex Smith-40
Eli Manning-39
Joey Harrington-32
Patrick Ramsey-32
Carson Palmer 26
Akili Smith-25
Ben Roethilisberger-25
Brett Favre-22

revefsreleets
03-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, maybe the had somebody taking his classes for him at Texas??

I cant honestly remember, but I think there is a fractional deduction for wrong answers on the Wonderlic, so you get penalized for guessing wrong. Still, a highschool graduate should be able to get the first 3 series of questions without breaking a sweat and score a 15.

I'm almost positive that this was the case. I don't think it's as prevalent as it once was, but I have no doubt in my mind that some of the bigger programs still have a "pass-through" program for their superstar athletes...

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-23-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm almost positive that this was the case. I don't think it's as prevalent as it once was, but I have no doubt in my mind that some of the bigger programs still have a "pass-through" program for their superstar athletes...

I thought that only happened at "State Schools". :chuckle:

Hey, being a buckeye fan, what do you think of Alex Boone as a RT prospect?? Nader Abdallah as a DE prospect in a 3-4?

xfl2001fan
03-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Boone is significantly better at RT than he would be at LT. I believe that's where he played two years ago. Nader Abdallah might be decent as a 3-4 DE...I would guess the RDE would be a better spot from him than the LDE.