PDA

View Full Version : You Heard it Here...Steelers Draft...

Blackvette
03-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Pat White in the second/third round.

The Steelers are high on him as an all-around athlete.

Remember back in the day when we drafted a QB/WR (football player) from Georgia????

'nuff said. :mg:

Blackvette
03-22-2009, 05:40 PM
No, what?

Rude, yes! :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Pat White has made it know that he wants to play QB and did not do any WR or KR drills at his pro day, nor at the combine.

Steelers already have an athletic backup QB in Dixon. So, you heard it here 2nd..........the Steelers dont need him and wont pick him.

Blackvette
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Pat White has made it know that he wants to play QB and did not do any WR or KR drills at his pro day, nor at the combine.

He ran routes for the Patriots....last week Scout Gonzo.

"The Patriots worked out West Virginia's Pat White on Wednesday, the Globe has confirmed.

According to league sources, White worked out as both a wide receiver and a quarterback for the Patriots, who might be viewing him as a versatile player that they could use in their own version of the Wildcat, which grew in popularity around the NFL after the Miami Dolphins used it to score a 38-13 victory over the Patriots on Sept. 21. "

Also:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/blog/2009/03/tomlin-attends-pat-white-pro-day/

steelersfanman92
03-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Like Gonzo said if he was interested in playing WR he wouldn't have ignored the possition at the combine and pro day. Think about it why would he not do WR drills on a national stage unless he didn't want to play the position?

revefsreleets
03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Eh...I don't know. The Steelers didn't utilize Dixon at all in any fashion at all last year. Don't see this happening....

TampaSteelerFan
03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh man.... I am a huge Pat White fan. PLEASE don't let the Cheatriots of ALL teams draft him!! :banging:
Not to mention the Ravens, Browns, Bungles, Cowboys, Eagles or Raiders

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-22-2009, 09:45 PM
He ran routes for the Patriots....last week Scout Gonzo.

"The Patriots worked out West Virginia's Pat White on Wednesday, the Globe has confirmed.

According to league sources, White worked out as both a wide receiver and a quarterback for the Patriots, who might be viewing him as a versatile player that they could use in their own version of the Wildcat, which grew in popularity around the NFL after the Miami Dolphins used it to score a 38-13 victory over the Patriots on Sept. 21. "

Also:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/blog/2009/03/tomlin-attends-pat-white-pro-day/

Thanks for letting me know that White has actually worked out as a WR for somebody, despite not doing it at the Senior Bowl, Combine, or Pro Day.

As for Tomlin attending the pro day and reading too much into it......

We personally spotted Steelers coach Mike Tomlin (who apparently always attends the WVU Pro Day, given its proximity to Pittsburgh), Bears director of college scouting Greg Gabriel, and scouts sporting the colors and logos of the Chiefs, Panthers, Packers, Vikings, Bills, Packers, Raiders, 49ers, Eagles, Giants, Ravens, Bills, and Jets.

The Panthers had two or three guys who were keeping a close eye on White as he threw passes. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/12/whites-workout-focuses-on-quarterback/

Tomlin attended last years pro day and didnt draft Steve Slayton or Owen Schmidt, so I dont think their attendance means anything. It looks like the Panthers are the most interested in White.

The Duke
03-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh man.... I am a huge Pat White fan. PLEASE don't let the Cheatriots of ALL teams draft him!! :banging:
Not to mention the Ravens, Browns, Bungles, Cowboys, Eagles or Raiders

lol, I have a feeling the pats will get him

Don't they have like three 2nd round picks now? they'll stock up on players and make some crafty trades. I just think pat white is in their plans. Maybe to counter the fins wildcat....

I don't really care who gets him. as long as the steelers don't waste a pick on him. might as well trade that pick

Aussie_steeler
03-23-2009, 03:56 AM
I think he goes to Miami. He would be dynamite playing the wildcat in their new offense. He gets to play some QB but can also get more touches than is possible with other teams

Dylan
03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
i do not see this happening at all..i like white and i do think he would be a nice pick, however, white has pretty much made it clear that he wants to be a QB in the NFL, and if he does become a wide receiver, will he even be motivated since he wants to be a QB?

fansince'76
03-23-2009, 10:08 AM
His insistence in playing QB in the NFL alone is enough for me to want to steer clear of him. Sounds a little too much like a former #10 (and no, I don't mean Santo). Six seasons of a WR playing under center was enough for me.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-23-2009, 10:15 AM
His insistence in playing QB in the NFL alone is enough for me to want to steer clear of him. Sounds a little too much like a former #10 (and no, I don't mean Santo). Six seasons of a WR playing under center was enough for me.

Come on.......cant you see the Steelers using their 2nd round pick on an athletic QB??? It worked out so well before. :chuckle: Besides, this #7 guy might just end up being the 2nd coming of Neil O'Donnell and move on in a couple years too. :wink:

tyler289
03-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I can't see us using a 2nd/3rd rounder on a backup QB/maybe WR. He wants to be a QB and it'd be a waste.