PDA

View Full Version : Browns: "Everybody up for sale"

Fire Haley
03-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Mangini is holding a fire sale

Sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Browns are willing to trade any player on their roster aside from Joe Thomas and D'Qwell Jackson.

That means Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, and most notably Shaun Rogers and Braylon Edwards are available. Thomas' play fell off a bit in 2008 like most of the Browns, but he's still a rare talent at the left tackle position.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/03/nfl_meetings_offer_cleveland_b.html

------------------------------------

I'd trade a 6th or 7th rd pick for Cribbs.

xfl2001fan
03-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Cribbs is worth far more than a 6th or 7th rounder.

Are you really surprised that the Browns are willing to go through a firesale? I'm not. Besides, willing to trade...and willing to give away are two different things. I think that MANKOK will entertain nearly any offer that comes their way (as they should) and then decide which deals work to the betterment of the Browns long term.

I'm a bit surprised that D'Qwell Jackson is untouchable. He's decent, but I didn't think he was great.

Galax Steeler
03-23-2009, 06:43 AM
------------------------------------

I'd trade a 6th or 7th rd pick for Cribbs.

In a heart beat to.:thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
03-23-2009, 07:16 AM
This also allows Mangini the time to FAIL in his first couple seasons cause now he's "rebuilding".

Typical Loser Coach already having a get out of Jail free card.

Fire Haley
03-23-2009, 07:49 AM

Too bad - that's all I'm offering. He's the only one on that team I'd take.

xfl2001fan
03-23-2009, 09:01 AM

You wouldn't take Joe Thomas to be your LT? You wouldn't make a good GM...but then again, with your lowball offer for Cribbs, I'm not surprised.

I can see not wanting any of our LBs, even D-Jackson...because (however grudgingly) I admit you have a significantly better LB Corps, individually and as a group.

You wouln't want Shaun Rogers...possibly move him to DE to play along side Corey Hampton? You think Tomlin couldn't get him to play hard...especially when you consider he'd be playing for a contender.

Fire Haley
03-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Nope.

Joe Thomas is a big puss, and an overrated one at that.

Nope.

Rodgers is a big fat nothing.

"Corey Hampton" is all the NT we need.

rbryan
03-23-2009, 10:15 AM
I respect "Corey" way too much to make him line up next to a Brownie.......lol

You can keep Shaun ( I take off every other play) Rodgers. That turd belongs in Cleveland.

Edman
03-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Mangina is looking for am excuse to fail in 2009.

I give him two years in Cleveland.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-23-2009, 10:22 AM
I still see Brady Quinn being traded to Denver, Denver trading Cutler to the Jets and the Jets sending their #1 pick and maybe Dustin Keller to the Browns.

They will have to live with Derek Anderson, but face it......he is better than what Mangini had in NY with Kellen Clemens.

fansince'76
03-23-2009, 10:29 AM

:chuckle:

revefsreleets
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Oitside of a couple Olineman, there really are very few players on the Browns who could even compete to start for the Steelers. Rogers is one. Edwards would be the 3rd WR. Cribbs could return kicks. Jamal Lewis MAY be a short yardage back. Eric Wright could play some DB. That's about it.

xfl2001fan
03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Nope.

Joe Thomas is a big puss, and an overrated one at that.

Nope.

Rodgers is a big fat nothing.

"Corey Hampton" is all the NT we need.

An overrated big puss? He's still better than any O-lineman you have right now.

Rodgers played that big fat nothing ass off. He was the only guy getting semi-consistent pressure on the QB...and when you consider the number of double and triple teams he faced all season long...that's saying something. I didn't say to have Rodgers replace Hampton at NT. Read what I wrote. He'd line up at one of the end spots. I also mentioned that Tomlin would have him working his butt off. But I see your "glasses" are tinted solid black (with some gold paint over it.) That's fine. Be blind to talent. As I mentioned before, you would be a terrible GM. I wouldn't mind the Steelers hiring you as a scout or to be the GM. My team would benefit so much from it!

Dino 6 Rings
03-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Mangina is looking for am excuse to fail in 2009.

I give him two years in Cleveland.

I totally agree. The Jets should have made the playoffs this year, with a Win at Seattle they do, but no, Mangini has to throw the ball 40 times in a freaking down pour instead of using his very talented Oline and Running game to just pound the hapless, pathetic, underacheiving given up on the season already Seahawks, into the ground.

Nope, he's too "smart" for that type of football. What a fcking TOOL BAG!

I hated him with the Jets, now that he's in Cleveland, I look forward to Costing him another job when we stomp his team's arse into the ground 6 times in a row.

lilyoder6
03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
i would def take edwards.. he would be slot til ward would retire or even move ward to slot with his old age.. lol..

i would take cribbs, joe thomas.. i would only take rogers if he would shed some pounds.. since i would kick him to de.. need to lose some baby fat

and then i would take brady quinn and use him as trade bait

RoethlisBURGHer
03-23-2009, 06:23 PM
With Jackson and Joe Thomas off limits, I would only want Cribbs.

I wouldn't was Rogers. Hampton is just fine, he plays within our system. He's a fan favorite and a team leader.

Quinn would make a good backup, but we are grooming Dixon for that role.

Anderson, nah.

Edwards? Only if they allowed stick 'em again.

Muppet13
03-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I like Quinn.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I like Quinn.

I like him to, I think he's gonna be good....but I'll take Big Ben over Quinn any day.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Edwards might actually catch the ball if he was a Steeler. Who was that WR we picked up off their scrap heap a few years ago? He sucked for the Browns, but was servicable 3rd/4th for us. Arians knew he could ball a little and I think he came over with BA...

Name escapes me...

Fire Haley
03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
As I mentioned before, you would be a terrible GM.

ha ha

That's what all the Madden fantasy GM's like to say.

You're just jealous I'm still better than you.

The stink of losing is on all your players. 4-12.

tony hipchest
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Name escapes me...quincy morgan

appearantly the giants have already made a play for b. edwards. i guess the sticking point was a 2nd and a 5th plus steve smith. the browns may even take d. hixon but the giants seem hesitant to give up an actual wr.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 11:31 AM
The Browns did sign octogenarianDavid Patten today (I didn't even know he was still playing football). So if Edwards goes, and they get Hixon (who would actualy be a nice pick-up...Domenick can ball) their WR corps is going to be Hixon, Patten, Cribbs, and some guys named Paul Hubbard, Lance Legget, and Syndric Steptoe. Sounds more like a group of Hobbits than it does an NFL WR corps.

tony hipchest
03-24-2009, 11:59 AM
lol. syndric steptoe? that sounds like an ingrown toenail that turns into a staph infection.

on the flipside is how good the giants could do for themselves even if they gave up steve smith and their #2 for edwards, and then give the cheifs the # 2 from the saints for tony gonzalez.

edwards, manningham, with gonzalez as the defacto #3 and boss as the blocking te until plax comes back.

edwards caught everything (besides the staph) up in cleveland, despite who the qb was. last year seemed to be a fluke based on over confidence that developed into a complete lack of confidence.

revefsreleets
03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
I think he was 2nd in drops the year before. Last year was no fluke, he's always dropped a lot of balls...

Fire Haley
03-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Uh-oh - looks like we have a QB controversy brewing. The Mankok regime must really hate Quinn.

Coach Eric Mangini officially declared the Browns' quarterback position open to competition Tuesday at the Owners' Meetings.

A trade of Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson can't be ruled out, but Mangini says that after reviewing tape he's "excited" to see them battle.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/03/cleveland_browns_coach...

Muppet13
03-24-2009, 03:09 PM
I like him to, I think he's gonna be good....but I'll take Big Ben over Quinn any day.

I agree but I like Quinn second best out of NFL quarterbacks.

Fire Haley
03-24-2009, 06:45 PM
I like Quinn second best out of NFL quarterbacks.

What are you smoking in Cincitucky?

stlrtruck
03-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Uh-oh - looks like we have a QB controversy brewing. The Mankok regime must really hate Quinn.

Coach Eric Mangini officially declared the Browns' quarterback position open to competition Tuesday at the Owners' Meetings.

A trade of Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson can't be ruled out, but Mangini says that after reviewing tape he's "excited" to see them battle.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/03/cleveland_browns_coach...

When a team has two average QBs on the roster, isn't this what most new coaches do? I mean really not every team can have a Roethlisberger on their roster!!! :toofunny:

Fire Haley
03-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Well, 10 teams COULDA had Ben (like the Browns), but they passed on him.

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 07:23 AM
ha ha

That's what all the Madden fantasy GM's like to say.

You're just jealous I'm still better than you.

The stink of losing is on all your players. 4-12.

Wrong on so many levels.

Your team is better than mine.

You are not better than me.

My team is not better than yours.

I am not better than you.

See the difference? It's very simple. You don't know me, or much about me. The best you can do is make an educated guess about who I am and what I'm about based on my numerous posts. I detest statements like that. As for jealousy, I have no cause to be jealous of any man for any reason. I am an extremely successful person on so many levels, that there is no need for jealousy of any sort. How many people do you know can successfully raise 5 kids and a pregnant wife with only one source of income? Maybe you're jealous of my fanhood, because nobody can actually question that I'm a true fan...whereas, you're following a team that's a winner on a regular basis. How do the true Steelers fans know that you're a real fan as opposed to a bandwagon fan? Isn't this fun! I'm learning to play like this from the Liberal School of Tony HipSheep! (Sorry T, couldn't resist :flap:)

Based on your posts, I am making an educated guess that the Steelers are more than satisfied that you are not their principal, primary, secondary or any kind of a talent evaluator for them (even if they knew who you were.)

Fire Haley
03-25-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm the football god. Bow down heathen.

I picked Big Ben, Holmes and Miller as my #1 picks. Good thing the Steelers were listening.

The Browns must have been listening to you too - seeing as how they continue to suck in the draft.

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm the football god. Bow down heathen.

I picked Big Ben, Holmes and Miller as my #1 picks. Good thing the Steelers were listening.

The Browns must have been listening to you too - seeing as how they continue to suck in the draft.

Right, so future conversations with your delusional arse are pointless. Apparently you can't see past your own ego.

As for the Browns listening to me...nope, they haven't listened to me. I didn't want them to sign Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, "Big Money", that HB that flunked out, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow or Brady Quinn. I did want them to draft Joe Thomas. That seems to have worked out well, because he's better than any O-lineman your team has.

Fire Haley
03-25-2009, 08:21 AM
My giant swollen SB winning ego won't take any crap from losing teams fans - you are correct in that regard.

One player does not make a team - unless we're talking franchise QB's - we have ours, he's a keeper.

Good thing the Browns didn't have a clue and took KW2 instead of Ben - I guess we should thank you.

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
My giant swollen SB winning ego won't take any crap from losing teams fans - you are correct in that regard.

One player does not make a team - unless we're talking franchise QB's - we have ours, he's a keeper.

Good thing the Browns didn't have a clue and took KW2 instead of Ben - I guess we should thank you.

I see. So because I grew up rooting for the Browns, somehow makes me less than you? Rrrriiiiggghhttt. I'm sure you're a fantastic armchair GM then...and you would have picked every player correctly for the Steelers and made all those signings. (Really could use a sarcasm smiley in here somewhere.)

Basically, all I'm hearing out of you is that just because a team you choose to support is a winner, you think that makes you one as well. For the sake of those around you, I hope your team sustains some level of success for quite some time...as it sounds like you'll be a total and complete ass if the Steelers start losing with some regularity. Either that, or you're a bandwagon fan and will just choose to support some other team. You wouldn't happen to be dating Missedgehead would you?

revefsreleets
03-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey, I forgot 1!

Dave Zastudil > Mitch Berger

BUT

Sepulveda >>> Zastudil

So, kind of a wash, since Berger is a back-up...