PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to Open Season vs. Titans

4xSBChamps
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
listening-in on the net to DVE, and they just reported 'em Stillers will open against the Titans.....

trying to verify at Post-Gazette site, but am unable to open their page.....

:banging:

can anybody confirm this story?

THANKS-in-advance!!!!!

X-Terminator
03-23-2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09082/957709-66.stm

Steelers to open 2009 season with Tennessee

The Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season with a game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, September 10th.

The game, which the NFL will officially announce later today, is the traditional first-game of the kickoff weekend. The Super Bowl winner traditionally hosts the season's first game on Thursday night. It will air on TV on NBC.

The Titans were the no. 1 seed in the playoffs last year and the Steelers were no. 2. Baltimore upset the Titans in Tennessee and moved onto the AFC championship game at Heinz Field the following week. Ravens officials reportedley asked the NFL not to schedule them for the Thursday night opener against Pittsburgh.

Well, the Rats and the majority of Steeler Nation gets their wish.

fansince'76
03-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Payback's coming fatboy, and she's a bitch.

tyler289
03-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Good. Two good teams and a team that our boys want to demolish after their bullshit in week 16.

Maybe all the players should show the Titans their rings, and remind them that they should've never messed with Myron Cope!!!

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Get the Terrible Towels ready steeler nation :tt03: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02:

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I want to see Silverback suplex Lenwhale white, and as Lenwhale lays their unconscious Harrison grabs out of his helmet a Terrible Towel and hey it across his face. Just to let the football Gods now that he was a victim of Myron Cope!

-Amen

steelerchad
03-23-2009, 02:39 PM
WOO HOO!
This is gonna be a party from start to finish. I think I'll make this one of my trips in this year.

As far as payback goes. That was already taken care of with the Superbowl. Nothing could be sweeter that them sitting at home watching us win it all and thinking they should of been there. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but they didn't take care of business when it counted.

I would like to see a 31-7 romp with a physical beat down and all the towels waving all game though.

simonsfs30
03-23-2009, 02:40 PM
anyone can tell me how to get tickets??? im from mexico and i usually buy them to the owner of the hotel we stay but i want to know if theres other place i can get em cheaper??

steelerchad
03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
anyone can tell me how to get tickets??? im from mexico and i usually buy them to the owner of the hotel we stay but i want to know if theres other place i can get em cheaper??

Wow, hard to say for this one. Thursday and Monday nights don't usually command that much money on the secondary market. By that, I mean around $100 for a $70 seat. Regular Sunday day games would go from $125-$200 for the same seats depending on the game.

This one has the potential to be different since it will be the opener against a hated rival, and the Superbowl celebration. I think they will actually start high, but you may want to wait close to the game as there are alot of out of town season ticket holders who won't take 2 days off work to make the trip.

Check Stubhub for market price, you can get them cheaper on EBAY, but it's riskier. I've never had a problem with either, buy unless you save a significant amount go with Stubhub.

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-23-2009, 02:49 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDj6kywTm50&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDj6kywTm50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ill put this in the Media forum too, the video and song is pretty funny.

simonsfs30
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, hard to say for this one. Thursday and Monday nights don't usually command that much money on the secondary market. By that, I mean around $100 for a $70 seat. Regular Sunday day games would go from $125-$200 for the same seats depending on the game.

This one has the potential to be different since it will be the opener against a hated rival, and the Superbowl celebration. I think they will actually start high, but you may want to wait close to the game as there are alot of out of town season ticket holders who won't take 2 days off work to make the trip.

Check Stubhub for market price, you can get them cheaper on EBAY, but it's riskier. I've never had a problem with either, buy unless you save a significant amount go with Stubhub.

thanks las time i went we pay 300 for each ticket it was the steelers ravens game in monday night in the 75th aniversary dont know if this one would be cheaper?

stlrtruck
03-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I almost feel bad for Nate Washington. Knowing that he's coming back on Prime Time for an arse whoopin'.

Hey Washington, remember that Clark plays FS and he's knocked a few people out. But then again maybe the rules committee will change the rules just in time for you not to get knocked the eff out!!

SCSTILLER
03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Can we fast forward to opening day? I am already looking forward to this one.

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I almost feel bad for Nate Washington. Knowing that he's coming back on Prime Time for an arse whoopin'.

Hey Washington, remember that Clark plays FS and he's knocked a few people out. But then again maybe the rules committee will change the rules just in time for you not to get knocked the eff out!!

He had his chance to stay. Anyone not wearing black and gold is fair game to endure the wrath of Clarks knockout hits!

simonsfs30
03-23-2009, 03:35 PM
id prefer lendale to get one of those and keith bulluck also deserves one block by hines(keiths type)

4xSBChamps
03-23-2009, 03:39 PM
He had his chance to stay. Anyone not wearing black and gold is fair game.....

"..... right this-way, Mr. Washington....."

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/Pennsylvania%20Railroad/GP9grade-Xing.jpg

stlrtruck
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
id prefer lendale to get one of those and keith bulluck also deserves one block by hines(keiths type)

Better yet, let Sweed lay the block as Hines runs into the endzone. Now that would be even better!

stlrtruck
03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
He had his chance to stay. Anyone not wearing black and gold is fair game to endure the wrath of Clarks knockout hits!

Oh, I completely agree. That's why I said, "Almost"! :applaudit:

Muppet13
03-23-2009, 04:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDj6kywTm50&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDj6kywTm50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ill put this in the Media forum too, the video and song is pretty funny.

Nice Vid!!!:thumbsup:

NEPAsteeler
03-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey Tennessee: PAYBACK'S A B!TCH

:tt03: :tt02: :tt03: :tt02: :tt03: :tt02: :tt03: :tt02:

triphahn
03-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Hell yeah!

CanadianSteel
03-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Here we go Steelers.... amped for 2009 season already and waht a gmae to kick off with!

First game announced, next the full schedule, then the draft, training camp..... is it September yet !!

Dino 6 Rings
03-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Funny

I look foward to seeing Nate Washington drop a pass for a 1st down then get CRUSHED by Clark and having his teeth broken and face blown up.

Yep...looking foward to that.

Who wants to bet that White is "hurt" in training camp and doesn't play in that game.

Watch us Raise the banner then watch us completely BEAT THE LIVING SNOT OUT OF YOUR PATHETIC LOSER CAN'T WIN IN A BIG GAME TEAM!

CPanther95
03-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm so glad it's TN.

Avenging the towel is almost as important as a win in the long term.

Big7BenHOF
03-23-2009, 05:54 PM
When should tickets go on sale? I wanna make this my trip for my annual Pittsburgh trip?

lilyoder6
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
i don't think that he listened to the ravens.. i think the storyline with the titans is as big as if it would of been if it was the ravens.. i can bet all week media will bring up the towel stomp....

steelerdave1969
03-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey ... Lets guess final score for the game.... lol :wink02:

This should be a Big-Time Nationally Televised game that should bring the roof down on ratings for the NFL no doubt. I look forward to this matchup for sure just to see where both teams stand in the thick of the AFC race.
We could be seeing 2 of the top 4 teams in the conference that night at Heinz Field with the other 2 being the Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots.
Should Be A Great Start to The 2009 Season
:tt02:

Muppet13
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
27 - 24 Steelers (obviously)

TampaSteelerFan
03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Who wants to bet that White is "hurt" in training camp and doesn't play in that game.

Rumor has it that the Titans have already released an early injury report for this game and Lendale White is apparently listed as "Doubtful" with a severe case of "Every Steeler wants a piece of me and I'm scared-itis" :tt02:

Edman
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I really don't know why people are raring up for this.

Yeah, we want revenge and all, but we didn't exactly prove we belonged on the same field with the Hicks last December.

Still, doesn't make me hate them any less. Fk the Tennesee Titties. Championship-less good for nothing losers.

fansince'76
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah, we want revenge and all, but we didn't exactly prove we belonged on the same field with the Hicks last December.

Sure, after a month of playing teams like the Giants and Colts every week while they played the likes of the Lions and Browns.

Edman
03-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Sure, after a month of playing teams like the Giants and Colts every week while they played the likes of the Lions and Browns.

That's true.

Ben also gifted them a fumble and three interceptions. I don't think he'll play that badly this time around. Ben has played and owned the Titans before.

tyler289
03-23-2009, 08:19 PM
That's true.

Ben also gifted them a fumble and three interceptions. I don't think he'll play that badly this time around. Ben has played and owned the Titans before.

Exactly, the Titans game was the end of our ridiculous stretch and was a fluke in that Ben had a rough game. If Ben is his usual self we can win.

revefsreleets
03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Good. Fun!

Dino 6 Rings
03-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Let me think...the last time I remember playing the Titans on opening day, some dude in white and powder panzy blue was talking smack into the camera...saying something like "Who? The Steelers? there supposed to be good...we'll see" and then We went on to STOMP ON THEIR PATHETIC THROATS on our way to a SUPER BOWL Title!

Yeah...its on the Super Bowl DVD. Look for it. And Laugh. Cause we are going to Punish the hated Jeff Fisher and Company Titans with such agression that he may very well consider retirement after we send his locker room of girls to the basement of the AFC South and they spend the rest of the season looking up wondering what happened to their "dreams" and "aspirations"

We are going to Snap Their Necks!

The Duke
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Mark it down, this will be mendenhall's coming out party. just like willie's 4 years ago

can't wait to see hines breaking bulluck's jaw :tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm thinking we as fans should start the "Pay Off the Steelers Fines" Fund right now. Together we could pay for at least one Crack Back Block by Ward and maybe one "The Game is Over" Hit by Clark.

lilyoder6
03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
i can see more on the injury reports..saying the reason for players not playing is b/c they got sand in there v's

Steelman16
03-24-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm thinking we as fans should start the "Pay Off the Steelers Fines" Fund right now. Together we could pay for at least one Crack Back Block by Ward and maybe one "The Game is Over" Hit by Clark.

Seriously...

Or the possible fine for a double-whammy with Collins being the unfortunate deli meat between Harrison and Woodley.

:tt03:

nojobny
03-24-2009, 01:09 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f68006

Titans-Steelers will kick off 2009 season as NFL honors AFL

National Football League
DANA POINT, Calif. -- The Steelers get their opening-night showcase as Super Bowl champions. The oldest rivalry in football has a first-week renewal in prime time. An old AFL-style doubleheader closes out the weekend.

That's how the NFL will begin the 2009 season, starting with as juicy a matchup as possible: Pittsburgh hosting the Tennessee Titans, who merely had the league's best record in 2008 and who beat the Steelers 31-14 in Week 16 of the 2008 season.

Kickoff weekend

Sept. 10 Tennessee at Pittsburgh NBC 8:30 p.m.
Sept. 13 Chicago at Green Bay NBC 8:30 p.m.
Sept. 14 Buffalo at New England ESPN 7 p.m.
Sept. 14 San Diego at Oakland ESPN 10:15 p.m.

Thanksgiving

Nov. 26 Green Bay at Detroit FOX 12:30 p.m.
Nov. 26 Oakland at Dallas CBS 4:15 p.m.
Nov. 26 N.Y. Giants at Denver NFL Network 8:20 p.m.

Opening kickoff is Thursday night, Sept. 10 on NBC, which also gets the 178th meeting between the Bears and Packers, in Green Bay on Sunday night, Sept. 13.

For those surprised that the Cowboys, who open their palatial new stadium this season, are not featured in a night game in Week 1, well, baseball got in the way. So Dallas, the NFL's biggest TV draw, which is moving to Arlington, Texas, near the Rangers' ballpark -- the Rangers are home that weekend -- will have to wait until the second week, when the Cowboys are expected to host the Sunday nighter.

"We have the chance to get on the national game the second weekend with not being able to get on the first weekend," Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones said Monday at the owners meetings. "We're having to work with the league on some things."

The Cowboys and Lions get to keep their traditional Thanksgiving hosting slots.

The Lions go back to meeting the Packers that day, a matchup that occurred every year from 1951-63 and will happen for the 19th time. The Raiders will be at the Cowboys following that, and the NFL Network night game will feature the New York Giants at Denver.

"The Thanksgiving game is a tradition and we're proud to have it and to continue it in the new stadium," Jones said. "It's very important to us."

Commissioner Roger Goodell acknowledged there continues to be discussions about rotating the Thanksgiving afternoon contests.

"We did not feel it was appropriate at this time," he said, adding the league's competition and broadcast committees were looking into the matter.

The Monday night doubleheader on ESPN on Sept. 14 will feature Buffalo, with Terrell Owens, at New England, with, the Patriots hope, a returning Tom Brady. That game will be followed by San Diego at Oakland -- all original AFL franchises.

While the AFL began play in 1960 and is not 50 years old until 2010, the NFL has chosen to observe the 50th season of play by those franchises. The celebration of that league, which merged with the NFL in 1966 and began play as one entity in 1970, begins with the Sept. 14 doubleheader.

Goodell said he was hopeful a proposal for an expansion of the regular season to either 17 or 18 games could be presented to the owners at the May league meetings in Fort Lauderdale. The league is considering dropping one or two preseason games and extending the regular schedule, but remaining within the current 20-game format, although not likely before 2011.

To do so will involve discussions with the players union and the league's media partners. Of course, the collective bargaining agreement with the players expires after the 2010 season, so a longer schedule is just one of many issues in getting a deal done with the NFLPA.

"I haven't made a decision on whether we'll have a 17-game or 18-game season. We'll have a good feeling on it when we come out of these meetings," Goodell said. "We have to sit down with our partners and go through negotiations. We think our content continues to be more valuable to our partners."

Goodell also mentioned possibly creating a developmental league: "I would like to explore that in the next negotiations."

He noted that nearly three-quarters of the teams did not raise ticket prices this year, and that the NFL has been hit by the economic downturn. The league trimmed its staff by 15 percent and many teams have laid off employees -- even as free agents reap millions in guaranteed salary.

"It's definitely hitting us on our revenue side," he said of the economy. "The risk becomes greater in that kind of a climate and your revenues become challenged. There's a lot of uncertainty out there."

MaidenIndiana
03-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Since the Rat birds pussed out, I'm glad that we will be playing the Titties. Punishment is due for them disrespecting the towel and we'll show everybody what a fluke their season was last year. C'mon September:tt:

SteelersMongol
03-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Can't wait 2 C the Tits get it.

Galax Steeler
03-24-2009, 04:29 AM
Wooohooo is the season here yet, I can't wait.

mesaSteeler
03-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Steeler report: Titans to open against Steelers; Will team forget Terrible Towel being stomped on?
March 24, 3:00 AM ·

http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m3d24-Steeler-report-Titans-to-open-against-Steelers-Will-team-forget-Terrible-Towel-being-stomped-on

Matt Pawlikowski
Pittsburgh Sports Examiner

The Ravens got their wish, and will not kick off the season against the Steelers in prime-time action. Instead, the Steelers will kick off the NFL against the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field, the NFL
In a tradition that began in 2004, the Super Bowl champion annually hosts the NFL Thursday night season kickoff the following year. This September 10 at 8:30 PM ET on NBC, the Super Bowl XLIII champion Pittsburgh Steelers will host the AFC South champion Tennessee Titans, who had an NFL-best 13-3 record last season.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made the announcement Monday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Dan Point, California. The game will be televised in prime-time and as reported by Examiner.com yesterday, should have some very good story lines.

The biggest of them being a case of ‘Remember the Towel.’ Yes without a doubt, it will be interesting to see the reaction of fans and players to the stomping of a Terrible Towel by a number of Titans players after the Steelers lost 31-14 in Nashville last December.AP PHOTO/ BULLUCK STOMPING THE TERRIBLE TOWEL

"That looks like a pregame talk the night before to me," former Steeler coach Bill Cowher said with a lot of emotion as he watched it while doing analyst work for CBS last year. "If we would meet in the postseason, I know what I'm pulling out the night before the game."

While it may sound like a petty thing to others around the league, the Terrible Towel is a sacred institution in Pittsburgh. It is the battle flag of Steeler nation and stomping on it is pure disrespect not only to the players, but also a league of loyal followers across the world.

As its creator and Pittsburgh legendary announcer Myron Cope once said, “The towel is a positive force that lifts the Steelers to magnificent heights and poses mysterious difficulties for the Steelers opponents’ only if need be.”

T.J. Houshmandzadeh found that out, after he used one as a shoe rag when Cincinnati won 38-31 in Pittsburgh in 2005 and clinched the AFC North. A month later the Steelers crushed the Bengals 31-17 in the playoffs en-route to the Super Bowl.

While it will be a different season, DeShea Townsend and Larry Foote both said the incident will be remembered,following the game.

The game will also mark the return of wideout Nate Washington to Pittsburgh. Washington went from an undrafted free-agent, to a player Tennessee is hoping to be a big time player as the No. 1 receiver.

Washington has always praised the Steeler organization, and was a team player for the Steelers. While he caught flack from fans at times for his inability to hang onto the ball, his comment that the Titans are a carbon copy of the Steeler Organization may add a little more fuel to the fire.

While he was only doing what most players do when they sign with another team, in the non tranquil environment of a prime-time game at Heinz Field, you can bet some Steeler fans will take offense to them, especially after the Steelers get their Super Bowl XLIII rings.

VinnySteel
03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
I can't wait for this one. I'm not mad at Nate and hope he does well in this game. I hope LenDale "Timetomakethedonuts" White gets creamed, though.

Buzz05
03-24-2009, 08:29 AM
There will be blood. Count on it.

stlrz fan
03-24-2009, 09:52 AM
We had such a great story with the Ravens last season let this one boil until opening night. This story will get so built up this game will be great!!

HometownGal
03-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Awesome! :applaudit:

I have no doubt the Steelers will put a "Tittie Twister" on 'em that they'll never forget! :tt02:

XxKnightxX
03-24-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.esc.mtu.edu/EarthWeek2005/photocontest/photos/AWG_WolfPackAttack.jpg

Steeler fans

JAMES HARRISON BEFORE THE GAME
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H__J0s-Ta8Q/SLafx-HTIfI/AAAAAAAAIjo/_aSd8qe1I8c/s400/gorilla5.jpg

4xSBChamps
03-24-2009, 11:26 AM
http://www.esc.mtu.edu/EarthWeek2005/photocontest/photos/AWG_WolfPackAttack.jpg

Steeler fans

JAMES HARRISON BEFORE THE GAME
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_H__J0s-Ta8Q/SLafx-HTIfI/AAAAAAAAIjo/_aSd8qe1I8c/s400/gorilla5.jpg

"..... we're gonna come after them like a herd of tanks!!!!!"

~ Ernie Holmes before a Monday Night Football game, 1976 ~

Fire Haley
03-24-2009, 11:27 AM
...the Ravens told the league that they didn't want to play any primetime games in Pittsburgh because they were afraid that their skirts wouldn't be back from the dry cleaners in time

Dizzle43
03-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Thursday night game! Wow, should be a lot of fun beating the living crap out of those idiots.

Dodt
03-24-2009, 12:28 PM
can no wait.

Fire Haley
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I just checked Stubhub - there are 51 tickets for sale for this game already?

All uppers and well over $200.

JHSilverback
03-24-2009, 02:50 PM
AHHH! I can't wait...I'm taking my dad to this game :tt03: and seeing it will be both of our first times seeing the steelers in live action..does anyone have any suggestions on places to get some food before the game?

NEPAsteeler
03-24-2009, 02:59 PM
AHHH! I can't wait...I'm taking my dad to this game :tt03: and seeing it will be both of our first times seeing the steelers in live action..does anyone have any suggestions on places to get some food before the game?

When I went to the game against the Seahawks in '07, my buddy and I ate at Jerome Bettis' Grille 36. I don't know what type of meal you're looking for but when I was there we had breakfast that day and it wasn't too expensive. If you're looking for a cool sit-down place, I suggest this. It's not far from the Stadium.

Fire Haley
03-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Wooohooo is the season here yet, I can't wait.

Only 5 more months to go.:tt:

CPanther95
03-24-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f68006

Titans-Steelers will kick off 2009 season as NFL honors AFL

National Football League
DANA POINT, Calif. -- ..........................................

For those surprised that the Cowboys, who open their palatial new stadium this season, are not featured in a night game in Week 1, well, baseball got in the way. So Dallas, the NFL's biggest TV draw, which is moving to Arlington, Texas, near the Rangers' ballpark -- the Rangers are home that weekend -- will have to wait until the second week, when the Cowboys are expected to host the Sunday nighter............."

That's misleading. They could have gotten the SNF game in Week 1, because the Rangers game is at 2 in the afternoon, but NBC wanted Chicago @ Green Bay for their opener. Rangers have a Monday night game in the NFL's Week 1, so that may have prevented them being on MNF that week - but a slot was available and the Cowboys didn't get it.

Believe it or not, there were some on the Cowboys forum who agreed with a Dallas reporter who wrote an article saying that he expected the NFL to give the Cowboys the opening Thursday night game. They felt that the opening of the new stadium trumped keeping the tradition of giving that slot to the SB Champion.

4xSBChamps
03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Believe it or not, there were some on the Cowboys forum who agreed with a Dallas reporter who wrote an article saying that he expected the NFL to give the Cowboys the opening Thursday night game. They felt that the opening of the new stadium trumped keeping the tradition of giving that slot to the SB Champion.

..... and this surprised you HOW?????

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/029v8lrdke30k/610x.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/321109512_b90aae2fb6.jpg?v=0

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kiPHvAIjxso/R2fbFZaoKtI/AAAAAAAAFHE/CfGG4B4JfUE/s400/simpson+jessica+2007+dec+jersey.jpg

http://www.tremek.com/forum/uploaded/268_1168316681.jpg

:toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
can no wait.

Can No Lose!

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
They felt that the opening of the new stadium trumped keeping the tradition of giving that slot to the SB Champion.\

Actually, deep down, I wish the Cowboys were on our schedule, I'd have lobbied to play our first game away from home at Dallas in their New Stadium so we could KICK THEIR ARSE up and down the field with 15,000 Steelers fans waving Towels in their own new Stadium on National Television.

That would have been Triumphant.

CPanther95
03-24-2009, 06:06 PM
\

Actually, deep down, I wish the Cowboys were on our schedule, I'd have lobbied to play our first game away from home at Dallas in their New Stadium so we could KICK THEIR ARSE up and down the field with 15,000 Steelers fans waving Towels in their own new Stadium on National Television.

Yeah, that would be sweet - but no doubt, I'll be rooting for whoever they do play on their opening night like my house is riding on the outcome.

Love to see them start off a long era of failure in their new palace with the taint of an embarrassing blowout on national television.

tyler289
03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
\

That would've been epic. Absolutely epic. We could laugh at the Cowboys for years over that:sofunny:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-24-2009, 07:19 PM
only 169 more days till kick off

XxKnightxX
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Bettis' grill right by gate A, Peppis home of the roethlisburgher, 7 eleven if your really low on cash lol, also across the clemente bridge there is this pizza shop I forgot the name of it already, theres a couple of bars and restaurants and that pizza shop, some Humongous Calzones and very delicious for like 10 bucks, and I mean HUGE. Theres other places but the food inside Heinz isnt that expensive either man, thats why I love that stadium compared to Jersey and the 10 dollar beers and 8 dollar coffees.

SteelersMongol
03-24-2009, 10:55 PM
I just checked Stubhub - there are 51 tickets for sale for this game already?

All uppers and well over $200.

Already? :doh: Damn hard-core fans. :wink02:

SteelerFanInCA
03-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I can't wait for this one. Time to bring The Titans back down to earth. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

fansince'76
03-25-2009, 04:57 PM

Maybe they should have won the SB instead of choking their asses off like they always do then. Eff their new stadium and eff their asshat owner who has more money than sense.

LVSteelersfan
03-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Screw the Titans and that fat pig White. he deserves the butt whooping he is going to get when the hounds are unleashed for a new year. And LMAO at the Cowgirls thinking they would get the Thursday night game. Jerks. Tony Homo and company are still going to get the accolades from the press, but we know they are all hype with no bite. Screw em.

Texasteel
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95

I don't know why the cowboys are so proud of that new stadium. I drove by there again yesterday and I think its ugly as hell. It looks like a huge Tupperware bowl.:noidea:

Texasteel
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Awesome! :applaudit:

I have no doubt the Steelers will put a "Tittie Twister" on 'em that they'll never forget! :tt02:

Fat ass White definitely has the Titties for it.

vinny
03-28-2009, 11:29 AM
i cant wait for this game!!!!!!!!! and its on a thursday...guess im ganna have to use a sick day for this....fatass White is right....titans will pay and you guys know what they say about pay backs?...there a bitch........NO! ONE! stumps on MYRON....

4xSBChamps
03-28-2009, 11:47 AM
http://archive.profootballtalk.com/LenWhaleTraining.jpg

..... Ah wont you in mah BELLAH!!!!!

http://dietsexplained.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fat-bastard1.jpg

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 11:56 AM
..... Ah wont you in mah BELLAH!!!!!

http://dietsexplained.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fat-bastard1.jpg

ooo.. i got to take a shit that can choke a donkey

Hapa
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
destroy them!!

KeiselPower99
03-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Cant wait to see Nate ran across the middle and get knocked out by Ryan Clark.

7willBheaven
03-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Cant wait to show them what happens when people do stuff to our towel!!!

devilsdancefloor
03-29-2009, 12:56 AM
i cant wait for lenwhale gets hammered and then hines whacks buttlock