PDA

View Full Version : a BIG THANK YOU to the political ones

stlrtruck
03-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Last night I sat down and watched and listened to a Presidential speech from beginning to end for the very first time. I have watched a few others in the past but life seemed to intercede and I was unable to watch the entire thing. The closest I ever got was Obama's first speech - more so because I wanted to mock him the next day. But I digress.

I want to thank those of you who constantly voice your political opinions and provide links to data. I was never a political man but because of your discussions back and forth I have become more aware in the past year of deeper things happening on all government levels.

The first people that come to mind: Revefsreleets, Tony, Mach;PisNapalm; Dino6Rings; Fansince 76, HTGand for others. THANK YOU, because as much as I thought I knew what was happening, I now see that I knew nothing of what truly happens.

:drink:

ShutDown24
03-25-2009, 07:33 AM
I think a thank you to everyone for what you described was a great idea. In my mind, we all learn from each other everyday. Even though I could do without the ':coffee:' banter most of the time, I too have learned a lot about politics from this place - even from those who I tend to disagree with. We're lucky to have such passionate members. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
03-25-2009, 07:37 AM
For the most part, I think I tend to steer clear of the political threads.... :noidea:

stlrtruck
03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
For the most part, I think I tend to steer clear of the political threads.... :noidea:

While you steer clear, you've had some relevant posts that sparked research and thought.

hindes204
03-25-2009, 08:37 AM
I think its great that you have become more involved....thats what one of the biggest problems is, people just dont care so they stay uninformed

PisnNapalm
03-25-2009, 10:27 AM
The first people that come to mind: Revefsreleets, Tony, Mach;PisNapalm; Dino6Rings; Fansince 76, and for others. THANK YOU, because as much as I thought I knew what was happening, I now see that I knew nothing of what truly happens.

:drink:

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

All I can say is that "We the People" have to remain vigilant of what government does and says. Educate yourselves about how it actually works and about how it should work. Know your rights and NEVER be afraid to assert them.

I'd like everyone here to watch a few videos.

Michael Badnarik's Constitution class. (below is just chunk #1) This will blow your mind when you realize just how many programs and actions taken by government are un-constitutional.
_nOMbfsgZ9s

Mr. James Duane "Don't Talk to the Police" :: This video is about the 5th Amendment. Too often people think that invoking your 5th amendment rights means your guilty. That is not the case. It's a very misunderstood amendment.

6wXkI4t7nuc

I'll post more later after the quiz. :flap:

Dino 6 Rings
03-25-2009, 04:29 PM
You're welcome, its fun to talk politics, especially in the off season.

Its also good to be aware of what's happening locally. I recomend going to a Country Board meeting once in a while, you get a real good sense of what's happening in your own back yard.

Preacher
03-25-2009, 04:58 PM
May I suggest you also go and read through the Republican, Democrat, Green Party, American Party, etc. etc. platforms.

Much of what we say here is biased. Reading through their own platforms will enlighten you, and also show where the party is supposed to be, as opposed to which candidate is saying what.

I guess it gives it a kind of "foundation" by which you can then work from, all the while understanding that no individual every completely, and only sometimes mostly, agrees with the platforms of their own party.

tony hipchest
03-25-2009, 05:32 PM
The first people that come to mind: Revefsreleets, Tony, Mach;PisNapalm; Dino6Rings; Fansince 76, HTGand for others. THANK YOU, :

:jawdrop: being thanked for my political input here is almost scary. i definitely stand out amongst that group of black sheep you listed....

:laughing: j/k guys (and Gal)

MACH1
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
:jawdrop: being thanked for my political input here is almost scary. i definitely stand out amongst that group of black sheep you listed....

Black sheep?........http://www.rr-bb.com/images/smilies/sheepaid.gif

:wink02:

You welcome for what it's worth. Not sure how much educating I did, mostly voicing my disgust at the almighty savior.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Nah, the black sheep are the ones that stand out. You are the same old white variety.

tony hipchest
03-25-2009, 06:53 PM

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/blacksheep.jpg

Nah, the black sheep are the ones that stand out. You are the same old white variety.

:yawn:

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

:drooling:

steelwall
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I think its great that you have become more involved....thats what one of the biggest problems is, people just dont care so they stay uninformed

Amen to that...

stlrtruck
03-26-2009, 06:27 AM
May I suggest you also go and read through the Republican, Democrat, Green Party, American Party, etc. etc. platforms.

Much of what we say here is biased. Reading through their own platforms will enlighten you, and also show where the party is supposed to be, as opposed to which candidate is saying what.

I guess it gives it a kind of "foundation" by which you can then work from, all the while understanding that no individual every completely, and only sometimes mostly, agrees with the platforms of their own party.

That's what I've begun to do because of all the "discussions" that have happened here. During some conversations, I've felt like an elementary school kids amongst college students going for a masters degree.

But now, that's slowly changing and I'm doing more research and more attentive listening.

stlrtruck
03-26-2009, 06:29 AM

While your thought process may not be in alignment with mine, your black sheepness still gave alternative views and forced my own research, if not the desire to find out where you are wrong :flap:

You welcome for what it's worth. Not sure how much educating I did, mostly voicing my disgust at the almighty savior.

It's not necessarily the educationg that spawned it, but more so just the input everyone had. :thumbsup: