PDA

View Full Version : Americas Game 2008 Steelers

CanadianSteel
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Another offseason type question for you all to ponder...

Love the "America's game" series on NLF Network , and since they did the Giants season after last year to continue the series moving along, I would assume and hope they will do the Steelers run from last year.

Question for you, who would you like to see be the 3 narrators for last years season describing the season.

My picks would be Hines, or Santonio from offense or Ben would also be good.

From the D perhaps Woodley (Harrison doesnt seem the type) or maybe Farrior as he is a pretty good speaker

The third person would be coach Tomlins IMO...

Thoughts, Opinions anyone ..

Hammer67
03-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Yes, they said they will continue the series each year. I will bet it will be:

1) Ben - he wasn't in the last one
2) Polumalu or Farrior - same as above
3) Tomlin - Think they always try to get the coach in....if not, it will be Hines.

Better yet, who would you like to Narrarate?

I would love to see Michael Keaton do it. I know he hasn't done any, but Gandolfini did his hometown Giants...I think getting a Burgh star to do it would be cool.

CanadianSteel
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Ya I think Tom Selleck and Bruce Willis have done previous Steelers seasons.

Michael Keaton would be a good choice... he is Batman after all.

Or maybe some other well noted celebrity Steele fans.....
Brett Michaels ( nah)
Hank Williams (maybe)
Snoop dog (nah to ghetto for the series)
Rush Limbagh :>)

SteelersMongol
03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
I'd go with Tom Selleck since I think he has done an excellent job with our XL DVD.

Ya I think Tom Selleck and Bruce Willis have done previous Steelers seasons.

Michael Keaton would be a good choice... he is Batman after all.

Or maybe some other well noted celebrity Steele fans.....
Brett Michaels ( nah)
Hank Williams (maybe)
Snoop dog (nah to ghetto for the series)
Rush Limbagh :>)

Bret Michaels is a Steelers fan? I liked him a lot when I was young. Didn't know he was B&G, though.

XxKnightxX
03-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I'd go with Tom Selleck since I think he has done an excellent job with our XL DVD.

Bret Michaels is a Steelers fan? I liked him a lot when I was young. Didn't know he was B&G, though.

Dude Bret was a "Lamber Lunatic", lol thats being a fan to the extreme. If you see the steeler nation nfl films show back in 06 it gives a whole section about him.

Vincent
03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Selleck, Willis and Harris all did decent jobs. Selleck was the best IMHO. Excellent voice for that role.

Of the other choices that are known Steeler fans, I'd pick Hank or Limbaugh. Both are fervent fans with the voice and professionalism to do it right.

I'd be real happy with Keaton as well.

:chuckle: Although, shouldn't this honor go to President Obama for all he's done for the Steelers all these years? :chuckle:

steelerdave1969
03-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I think that Merlin Olsen and Dick Enberg would be good folks to have in there... ok, I am a little old fashioned, but I loved those 2 back in the day and maybe Bob Costas as well.

tony hipchest
03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
m. keaton would be great and right in line with all the other power actors who have narrated the others in the series.

however, who may be most qualified to do it would be dennis miller. born and raised in pgh. communications and jounalism degree. broadcasting and acting experience, and most of all a football and steelersfan.

forget rush and the others.

i think tomlin is much like noll and would forgo the opportunity to put the spotlight on himself and pat himself on the back.

as a tribute, and since hes such a great speaker, person and legend, dick lebeau should be the first one they ask.

Hammer67
03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I was just thinking of people with the right voice. I love Miller...I personally think he's pretty funny. But I am not sure he has the right voice for it. Keaton is a pretty damn good dramatic actor (Clean & Sober, My Life) and I think he would be able to pull it off. Hank, no way. Rush, too polarizing, but I bet he could do a good job.

How about Jeff Goldblum?

tony hipchest
03-25-2009, 06:13 PM
I was just thinking of people with the right voice. I love Miller...I personally think he's pretty funny. But I am not sure he has the right voice for it. Keaton is a pretty damn good dramatic actor (Clean & Sober, My Life) and I think he would be able to pull it off. Hank, no way. Rush, too polarizing, but I bet he could do a good job.

How about Jeff Goldblum?no to goldbloom. like you said, keaton has the perfect voice and would be right in line with all the other actors who have done it in the past.

thats the thing i have loved about the series. a mega famous person narrates, yet the voice of a star gets lost in the "story". you totally forget youre listening to someone famous. thats where keaton would be perfect. millers voice is to distinctive. i'll call them 1a, and 1b in no particular order. jeff goldbloom would be a good #2.

you know what? i bet robin williams would do really well (not that he has anything to do with pittsburgh).

brett keisel is a walking talking soundbite and would be great, so i will say him, lebeau, and hines.

lilyoder6
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
what about snoop aloop??? do double g??

either way.. i like what they have done in the past.. can't wait til it comes out

Vincent
03-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I think that Merlin Olsen and Dick Enberg would be good folks to have in there... ok, I am a little old fashioned, but I loved those 2 back in the day and maybe Bob Costas as well.

Is Enberg still able to form words?

however, who may be most qualified to do it would be dennis miller. born and raised in pgh. communications and jounalism degree. broadcasting and acting experience, and most of all a football and steelersfan.

Whoa!!!!! Miller would be the bomb. That would be rich.

brett keisel is a walking talking soundbite and would be great, so i will say him, lebeau, and hines.

You're right. It doesn't have to be the front line football talent, not to minimize Brett's or Randy Grossman's on field performances. Randy was great telling the story. Voice, personality, humor. He was outstanding!! Wagner too. Oh hell, they were all great. I've @#$% near worn out those DVDs.

steelwall
03-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Morgan Freeman

SteelersMongol
03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Dude Bret was a "Lamber Lunatic", lol thats being a fan to the extreme. If you see the steeler nation nfl films show back in 06 it gives a whole section about him.

Does anybody have a link?

Hammer67
03-26-2009, 07:17 AM
Morgan Freeman

While he always narrates well..I would not stop thinking about penguins! :laughing:

Hammer67
03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Does anybody have a link?

Google is your friend... :flap:

vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4328974

CanadianSteel
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=lilyoder6;583283]what about snoop aloop??? do double g??

Not sure if anyone has caught Snoop Dogs fatherhood show... but dude is a bonafide Steeler fan. I dont watch often but when I have caught it you often see lots of Steeler memorabilia around his house, and he and his kids wear the black & gold.

One thing I thought was funny is his one son is named Kordel I think with a C.
Not sure oif thats a direct refernce to mr. Stewart however.....

sure hope not !

Dino 6 Rings
03-26-2009, 09:20 PM
James Earl Jones...yeah...Darth Vader should totally do it.

NEPAsteeler
03-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Whoever narrates it, I just can't wait for it to come out! I think this is a great series.

steel_town
04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Google is your friend... :flap:

vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4328974

every time the steelers lose, i think back to this video and it makes me feel better. makes me appreciate and savor how fortunate of a franchise we have than most teams