PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis Upset With Stacy Andrews

steelerdave1969
03-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Marvin Lewis upset with Stacy Andrews
Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports at a morning media breakfast yesterday, a reporter from Philadelphia stopped by Lewis' table for a scouting report on offensive lineman Stacy Andrews, signed by the Eagles to a six-year, $38.5 million contract at the start of free agency.

"He's a good young man and a good football player, but he's still learning to play the game," Lewis said.

Asked if he was disappointed about losing Andrews, Lewis admitted that he was, saying he felt he had been misled by the older brother of Shawn Andrews, the Eagles' two-time Pro Bowl guard.

"I was surprised because he led us to believe differently," Lewis said. "I was disappointed because Stacy led us to believe that he wanted to stay [in Cincinnati], so it was up to his representative to get a contract done. We felt like we had a deal done and then, all of a sudden, he walked away and that disappointed me."

Attempts to contact Andrews about Lewis' accusation were unsuccessful

revefsreleets
03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Who the eff would WANT to stay in Cincinnati?

tony hipchest
03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
lol. no shit.

but thats still not half as good as rob ryan already wanting out of cleveland to go join his brother and the jets... being that he hasnt even coached a game in cleveland yet. :laughing:

Preacher
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Ohio professional football

WHAT A JOKE!

lilyoder6
03-25-2009, 09:01 PM
lewis is living in a different world where players actually want 2 play in cincy..

what a joke this man is.. he should be fired next yr

Vincent
03-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Who the eff would WANT to stay in Cincinnati?

The chili?

BrandonCarr39
03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Not that Stacy is a bad player or anything, yes, he's a very good one, but from what I understand, his signing was largely b/c of his brother Shawn being on the Eagles. Shawn has been recovering from depression(went AWOL last TC b/c of just that), and having his brother on the team would be a good mentor et al to him.

Pt being that the Eagles would have been alot better off signing Jason Brown(the Ravens G/C), b/c he was by far the best OL in this year's FA. Isn't Stacy recovering from 2 torn knee ligaments? I know he's ahead of schedule, but knee injuries like that tend to take a good 12-18 months to heal.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Someone should explain to Marv how free agency works.

St33lersguy
03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
:crying01:
I hope Marvin Lewis stays with the Bungles forever.

X-Terminator
03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Ah yes, more comedy gold from the eternal punchline that is the Cincinnati Bengals...

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
:crying01:
I hope Marvin Lewis stays with the Bungles forever.

I think he has 2 more years, because Mike Brown is too cheap to fire him with money still owing on his contract.

The Bengals used to send their scouting staff to the NFL combine on a bus to save money. The are too cheap to pay a contract for a coach they dont have.

tony hipchest
03-25-2009, 11:15 PM
The Bengals used to send their "scouting staff "to the NFL combine on a bus to save money. .
word is, that one dude was rather pissed off about it, too.

devilsdancefloor
03-25-2009, 11:18 PM
well i know that sounds cheap but really driving the speed limit you can be in cincy in a hour and a half from indy :noidea:

but i do feel sory for marvin he must know he is stuck there! But no amount of skyline chili is worth the crap heis going thru

BrandonCarr39
03-26-2009, 12:40 AM
I think he has 2 more years, because Mike Brown is too cheap to fire him with money still owing on his contract.

The Bengals used to send their scouting staff to the NFL combine on a bus to save money. The are too cheap to pay a contract for a coach they dont have.

Also-#85 is his only "bread and butter". I've never bought into those Ocho-Cinco trade rumors b/c without him, Mike Brown will no longer have revenue from those #85 jerseys, large crowds on game day, the media attention he gets from #85, etc.

Steelman16
03-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Awww, poor guy.... >.<

revefsreleets
03-26-2009, 09:13 AM
They do have some good Skyway Chili.

Other that that, not much going for Cinci...