PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick released from Prison today.

Steel-Bryan
03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510500,00.html

HometownGal
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
No one seems to know exactly where this douchebag is. Personally, I hope he's in an arena somewhere getting eaten by rabid dogs.

The Duke
03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
I hope gets attacked by a wild pack of pitbulls

Seriously

Steel-Bryan
03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
If he were never to get arrested, you think he would have made the HOF?

The Duke
03-25-2009, 07:13 PM

No way in hell!!

Vince young would have a better chance. but I'm biased against vick so....

fansince'76
03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
He hasn't really been released for good, he was temporarily released to attend a bankruptcy hearing on April 2nd in Virginia.

....two weeks ago, a bankruptcy judge in Newport News, Va. ordered the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback to testify at an April 2nd hearing on his Chapter 11 reorganization plan....Vick is serving 23 months for a dogfighting conspiracy. He's eligible to move into home confinement on May 21st and is scheduled to be released July 20th.

steelwall
03-25-2009, 09:29 PM
He hasn't really been released for good, he was temporarily released to attend a bankruptcy hearing on April 2nd in Virginia.

Still seems like a ridiculously short sentence considering multiple felonies....

jev7452
03-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Holy frick. HIDE YOUR EFFING' DOGS!!!:doh:

took the words right outta my mouth!!

BrandonCarr39
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Wow-it was just 2 years ago when Vick was making headline news over the gruesome crimes he was involved in. How time flies...

Dino 6 Rings
03-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Ok, I'll say it

"For league minimum?"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HometownGal
03-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Ok, I'll say it

"For league minimum?"

:buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :chuckle:

fansince'76
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Ok, I'll say it

"For league minimum?"

Don't laugh - someone will suggest it seriously at some point, guaranteed.

trauben
03-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Ok, I'll say it

"For league minimum?"

http://c1.mobimgs.com/media/picture/gif/00000000/thumbnail/size_125x90/8118.gif_125x90.gif
My bet says that he gets pulled into the newly forming All American Football League (http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/) kicking off next spring. They're up to four teams?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-26-2009, 02:10 PM

The HOF? For what? Being a terrible QB that can run?

trauben
03-26-2009, 02:18 PM
The HOF? For what? Being a terrible QB that can run?
Then let Kordell in! :applaudit:

Hapa
03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Wow-it was just 2 years ago when Vick was making headline news over the gruesome crimes he was involved in. How time flies...

probably felt like 100 years to him

lilyoder6
03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
depending on if vick still got his running abilities.. i wouldn't be suprised if some team that is willing to run a wildcat formation a few times in a game, will give him a shot.. b/c b4 the jail time.. he would of been the best wildcat person to handle the ball

Tagg67
03-27-2009, 07:33 AM
He would fit in fine with the "Cleveland Browns"! I am sure the DOG POUND would love him there.

xfl2001fan
03-27-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm only commenting on this to make one point.

Who Cares? Seriously, I could care less what happens to this guy, so long as he doesn't play for my team...or in the NFL. He's not newsworthy. Let's not make him newsworthy.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
He would fit in fine with the "Cleveland Browns"! I am sure the DOG POUND would love him there.

He might whip the browns into shape though. Or drown half the team when they lose :noidea:

Fordy
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
God I hate child and animal abusers!!..I hate this idiot. I feel dirty for being a fan of his when he was at Virginia tech.

steelreserve
03-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Good, this means one more team in need of a QB will be distracted from Leftwich.

Outraged as it might make some people, he'll probably get signed by someone. There are probably close to 10 teams that are desperate enough for a quarterback to try it. 49ers, Jets, Jaguars, Lions, Bears, Vikings, Redskins .. to a lesser extent, the Bucs and Panthers. Maybe the Broncos, and the Browns should be, but for some reason they always think they're just one breakout season away from having some flavor-of-the-month retard turn into the next Joe Montana. Plus the Raiders are stupid enough to do it regardless of what they need. I've personally got very little doubt that the guy will be playing somewhere next year.

No, I don't like what he did, but by now, seriously, to the people who are still saying things like, "He should never play again and I hope they let a pack of dogs loose on him," ... there are players who have killed other PEOPLE, gotten people shot, paralyzed, beaten up women. Has that STILL not put it in perspective for you? Vick is an idiot, but in the grand scheme of things, at least no one got hurt, he went to real jail for it, and hundreds of millions of people think he's a piece of shit. So basically, let's grow the hell up and move on.

Fordy
03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
. So basically, let's grow the hell up and move on.

you're right we are so immature..I mean who cares it was just dogs and not people. Who cares about things that cant defend themselves. Only in cases of people being murdered should we invest any energy on being outraged. Child abuse, animal abuse, men beating on women=OH WELL, maybe they should toughen up and deal with it..I stand corrected, Im going to stop hating Vick and use that energy strictly on Ray Lewis and Leonard Little.

WARNING - graphic picture: http://atatude.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/dog.jpg

steelreserve
03-30-2009, 11:21 AM
you're right we are so immature..I mean who cares it was just dogs and not people. Who cares about things that cant defend themselves. Only in cases of people being murdered should we invest any energy on being outraged. Child abuse, animal abuse, men beating on women=OH WELL, maybe they should toughen up and deal with it..I stand corrected, Im going to stop hating Vick and use that energy strictly on Ray Lewis and Leonard Little.[/url]

OK, maybe "grow up" wasn't the right choice of words, but I still think it's time for people to generally get over the fact that someone will probably sign this guy and he'll play football again. So he'll be known as a jerk and a lot of people won't like him -- so what? That happens all the time in sports. The business (and I emphasize "business") of the game goes on.

It just seems to me that compared to other cases where an athlete has been disgraced and/or done jail time, a disproportionate number of people are saying things like "Vick should never play football again ever!" and I just don't get why that is.
Why has it struck so much more of a nerve with people than your typical wife-beating, nightclub-shooting, DUI thuggery?

fansince'76
03-30-2009, 11:26 AM
OK, maybe "grow up" wasn't the right choice of words, but I still think it's time for people to generally get over the fact that someone will probably sign this guy and he'll play football again. So he'll be known as a jerk and a lot of people won't like him -- so what? That happens all the time in sports. The business (and I emphasize "business") of the game goes on.

It just seems to me that compared to other cases where an athlete has been disgraced and/or done jail time, a disproportionate number of people are saying things like "Vick should never play football again ever!" and I just don't get why that is.
Why has it struck so much more of a nerve with people than your typical wife-beating, nightclub-shooting, DUI thuggery?

I see where you're coming from. Vick is a POS for what he did , but he has also paid and paid DEARLY for it, as opposed to that asshat Pacman Jones whose actions directly led to a man being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life and who basically got off scot-free. As far as I'm concerned, that POS should have gotten at LEAST 5-10 as an accessory to attempted murder.

GBMelBlount
03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
I predict the media will never stop hounding him and he will be dogged by his mistake the rest of his life.......

steelreserve
03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
I see where you're coming from. Vick is a POS for what he did , but he has also paid and paid DEARLY for it, as opposed to that asshat Pacman Jones whose actions directly led to a man being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life and who basically got off scot-free. As far as I'm concerned, that POS should have gotten at LEAST 5-10 as an accessory to attempted murder.

I don't know enough of the specifics about the Pacman case to say anything other than I'm amazed nothing worse happened to him. But the one that really gets me is Leonard Little. I honestly didn't know very much about what happened until people started mentioning it with the Stallworth deal.

But 90 days in jail for killing someone, and sitting on the bench for half a season? Where did they even come up with that? Do they give you a week in jail for rape, or a fine and probation for holding up a bank? If it had been someone I knew who got killed, I can tell you it would've been a 50-50 proposition whether or not Little got shot dead within 5 minutes of being released from jail. Yet that's buried so far in the past that I'm willing to bet a lot of casual football fans don't even know about it, much less feel angry.

trauben
03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
...............and yet Ray Lewis still walks about a free man earning a nice hefty NFL salary while two people are dead.

Vick deserved what he got, but if I had to choose? Ray-Ray should've done time before Vick.

Fordy
03-30-2009, 07:00 PM

I agree he does deserve to play in the NFL again as others have done worse and still play, but you shouldnt call people out who dont like him. Alot of us dont like Ray Lewis and thugs like Pacman jones and the like either. I know I sure dont.

Fordy
03-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I predict the media will never stop hounding him and he will be dogged by his mistake the rest of his life.......

Pun intended? :chuckle:

steelreserve
03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree he does deserve to play in the NFL again as others have done worse and still play, but you shouldnt call people out who dont like him. Alot of us dont like Ray Lewis and thugs like Pacman jones and the like either. I know I sure dont.

Oh, I don't like them either. And I think Vick is a real pieceashit too. I'm not calling out anyone for disliking those guys. I was just at a loss to figure out why it seemed like some people had a lot stronger reaction against Vick than against thug players who committed worse crimes against humans. I've probably heard three times as many people say Vick should never be allowed in the NFL again than I've heard say that about morons like Lewis and Jones.

HometownGal
04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Wait! Hold the phone! Vick is being sent back to the Leavenworth federal pen to await the disposition of his bankruptcy petition/hearings. And the saga continues. :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fa7f13&template=with-video&confirm=true

Judge rejects bid to keep Vick in Virginia jail until next hearing
Associated Press

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick will head back to a Kansas prison after a judge rejected an effort to keep the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback in Virginia to work on a new bankruptcy plan.

On Tuesday, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Frank J. Santoro denied a motion to require Vick to attend an April 28 status hearing on his case in Newport News. Vick's lawyers had hoped such an order would prompt U.S. marshals to leave him at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail in southeastern Virginia until then.

Santoro had ordered Vick to testify in person at a hearing last week, but the judge ruled Tuesday that he did not need Vick at the next hearing because no evidence will be presented. Vick and his lawyers are developing a new plan for the 28-year-old quarterback to pay back his creditors after Santoro rejected Vick's Chapter 11 reorganization plan on Friday.

"It just means he's going to end up back in Leavenworth, and we'll have to deal with the case long distance," said Paul Campsen, one of Vick's bankruptcy attorneys.

Vick remained in the Suffolk jail late Tuesday afternoon, and it was unclear when he will be returning to the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., where he is serving a 23-month sentence for bankrolling a dogfighting ring. Vick is scheduled for transfer to home confinement in Hampton, Va., on May 21 and for release from federal custody July 20.

Vick's lawyers have frequently lamented that the distance between their East Coast offices and Leavenworth has made his case exceedingly difficult to manage. Campsen said someone from Vick's legal team will be traveling to Kansas to work with him before the status hearing.

Santoro said Friday that Vick's plan to repay his creditors was not feasible, largely because there is no assurance that Vick will be able to resume his once-lucrative NFL career. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said only that he will review Vick's status after he is released from prison.

Vick's bankruptcy plan would have allowed him to keep the first $750,000 of his annual salary. Creditors would receive part of any amount over that.

Santoro also was troubled by the plan's reliance on money from speculative film and book deals to make $1 million in payments that will be due as soon as the plan takes effect, along with millions in other expenses Vick would soon face. Santoro calculated that Vick would need to earn $7.5 million to $8 million annually to break even over the next three years. But the only income Vick can count on in the near future is the $10 per hour he will earn in a construction job that is part of his probation.

Santoro suggested that a new, more realistic bankruptcy plan should start with Vick selling one or both of the luxury homes and the three cars he wanted to keep. :thumbsup::applaudit::hatsoff:

lilyoder6
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
i think this is getting out of control now.. sry bout if this was anyone else they would of been able to stay to work out a new deal... but it seems this judge just wanted to make news by doing this..

HometownGal
04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
i think this is getting out of control now.. sry bout if this was anyone else they would of been able to stay to work out a new deal... but it seems this judge just wanted to make news by doing this..

I don't believe that at all. I totally agree with the Judge's assessment of Vick's bankruptcy plan and sending him back to Leavenworth to do the remainder of his time. The Judge clearly stated that Vick doesn't have to appear at the next hearing on April 28th. I like this Judge's tough stance with regard to this dirtball. :thumbsup:

And - I totally agree with the Judge's suggestion here:

Santoro suggested that a new, more realistic bankruptcy plan should start with Vick selling one or both of the luxury homes and the three cars he wanted to keep.

steelreserve
04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Hmm, I didn't realize he was trying to keep his houses ... last I saw was about his mansion being up for auction but no on bid on it.

But more importantly, I have NO IDEA how you could be making that much money and then blow through it all so quickly that if you get sidelined for a while, not only are you broke, but you're MILLIONS of dollars in debt. You'd think if you had a $120 million contract, you'd save a little bit of cash on the side in case you needed it. But apparently he was even spending the money he hadn't been paid yet. What a dumbass. Did he have a plan for what he was going to do when his football career was over? Probably not; he'd just squander it all and end up like Tyson.

Well, if it makes any of the dog lovers feel better, at least his life sure is in the toilet.

trauben
04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Thats the problem with a lot of this 'kids' getting contracts like that straight out of college in their early 20s. They haven't a clue and life will rudely give them their wake up calls, as it does us all.

Godfather
04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Thats the problem with a lot of this 'kids' getting contracts like that straight out of college in their early 20s. They haven't a clue and life will rudely give them their wake up calls, as it does us all.

SI just did a story on that a few weeks ago. A lot of players end up in financial trouble.
It might be a good idea for each team to hire a financial advisor for its players. At least you could set things up for them so the worst-case scenario for life after football is a middle-class living.