PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Secondary

LambertIsGod58
01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Other than Polamalu, I think we should cut the whole secondary and start over. They suck.

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Our secondary must be playing well now!

Kitna can`t find anybody !

Go Steelers!

Man_Of_Steel
01-08-2006, 06:12 PM
This secondary does scare me alittle bit. Last week they gave up 3 TD passes to Harrington. They better tighten up because the Colts are going to be a handful.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Cowher must have beat them all into submission at half time cuz they are playing better... but if this were the colts, we'd be down by alot more now so we damn well better sure it up for next week !

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Cowher must have beat them all into submission at half time cuz they are playing better... but if this were the colts, we'd be down by alot more now so we damn well better sure it up for next week !
LMAO Yeah there not giving Kitna anything

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Other than Polamalu, I think we should cut the whole secondary and start over. They suck.
????where is this coming from...ike was LIGHTS out today. did you hear chad johnsons name at all? its townsend that the problem

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Troy I Love you man!

But just hold on to the ball, no pitches

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Ike was money I couldn`t agree more

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!

MichiSteeler
01-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I dont know. I think Hope is decent and Townsend is pretty good. We do need a big time corner though.

Koopa
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
if ike had any hands what so ever we would have a big time corner. they better play out of their minds next week if they want to hold the colts

Suitanim
01-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Stupid...That big bomb was their 3rd best receiver against Deshea, and he was 1 yard out of position...they tried surprise and it worked but just barely. We played a Helluva game against a passing team. Remember 2003? We set out to address this weakness, and we just did in a playoff game, the first win ever on the road, and the first ever underdog win for Cowher.

SalukiSteelers
01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
There were definitely some issues in the secondary, today. At least most of the problems were underneath and not over the top. I guess it's not too bad to give up yards under the safeties but if Pittsburgh does the same thing against the Colts, they're going to get drilled. Indy has four guys -- Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, and even Clark -- that can turn intermediate routes in to TD's. Cincy's ability to cash in on third down is also a little troubling. Thankfully, Kitna remembered he was Kitna. Pittsburgh is not facing a backup next week so they're going to have to tighten up or it's bad news.

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 08:54 PM
if ike had any hands what so ever we would have a big time corner. they better play out of their minds next week if they want to hold the colts
couldnt agree with you more. ike is LIGHTS out, but if he could catch the ball he would be a pro bowl.

ill say it again, Ike Taylor - a star in the making

I.C. Lights
01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
To be fair to our secondary, it looked to me like #71 (Anderson) was getting away with a lot of offensive holding when Cincy had the ball in the first half. It was interesting that our first defensive stop used schemes that pretty much minimized Anderson's impact (he's also a damn good lineman even when he's not holding). I don't know if that adjustment was intentional, but I was impressed!

Eztarget
01-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Ike Taylor is young and only going to get better. Townsend could go for all I care but we've got at LEAST one more game with him so we've got to make the best of it. The Steelers should be watching that SD/Colts film all week. SD was all over Manning and whatever they did worked.

Actually our D held Manning pretty much in check after that opening 80 yard disaster last time we met.

I'd love to see the NFL call the game next week after they discover the Colts piping the crowd noise through open mics! :grin:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 09:46 PM
have to give credit to our guys for sticking to it and calming down and playing good solid coverage in the 2nd half.

we need that second half effort all game next week !

Grey
01-08-2006, 09:56 PM
They are young, and I think it shows. But what I do like about them is the way they really can turn it on at some points; at least we know the ability is there.

Do you guys think they are making more mental mistakes than actually getting physically beat? It's so hard to tell on the TV.

Here we go.
Grey