PDA

View Full Version : Salt meet wound

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-26-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2009/03/25/20090325cardsnotes0326.html

Meetings: Whiz gets painful reminder
Mar. 25, 2009 07:02 PM
The Arizona Republic

DANA POINT, Calif. - Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't over the pain of losing to the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII, but, until this week, he thought the anguish was beginning to subside.

Then came NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's address on Monday at the league meetings, which included a video clip of the end of the game.

"I was just starting to get over it and that kind of ripped it open," Whisenhunt said. "It was hard."

Whisenhunt still hasn't watched a recording of the game, even though nearly two months have passed. He will view it some day, he said, but probably not soon. His more immediate concern is having his players apply the lessons learned in 2008 to the 2009 season.

"From a standpoint of how we prepared, how we played smart, how we made plays no matter what happened, how we recovered from an interception right before halftime (of the Super Bowl), those are all things we can't say, 'Well, we're just going to pick up where we left off there,' " he said.

"That was something that we built the whole season to get to. Now, how are we going to sustain that? That's what the good teams do. And that's the next step for us."

RoethlisBURGHer
03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
They will probably sustain it with a 7-9 season.

NEPAsteeler
03-26-2009, 09:37 PM
He must be upset most at the fact that his team let the Steelers drive right down the field to score the game-winning TD with 35 seconds to go. Such a glorious thing. :chuckle:

Sharkissle29
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
They will probably sustain it with a 7-9 season.

agreed, i still think they are extremely overrated and were lucky to even be in the superbowl. the nfc was just weak, especially most teams playoff performances

Fire Haley
03-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Well I just finally ordered a SB Champions hat - it's all still fresh and new to me.

Disneyworld!

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/santonio-holmes-steelers-win-super-bowl-43.jpg

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 11:58 AM
agreed, i still think they are extremely overrated and were lucky to even be in the superbowl. the nfc was just weak, especially most teams playoff performances

maybe as a team they were a bit over-rated...

but there offense was def not over-rated.. there offense is one of the best in the league.. and could be better if they get a running game

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I wonder of McFadden will walk around the locker room during training camp wearing his Super Bowl ring.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I wonder of McFadden will walk around the locker room during training camp wearing his Super Bowl ring.

:rofl:

That would be priceless!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2009, 03:39 PM
:rofl:

That would be priceless!!!

:toofunny: I know! I hope he does it, that would just be awesome!

steelreserve
03-29-2009, 06:10 AM
I wonder of McFadden will walk around the locker room during training camp wearing his Super Bowl ring and then still not even win a starting job.

Fixed for accuracy.

Galax Steeler
03-29-2009, 07:29 AM

That would be so funny he could let Whisenhunt try it on.:rofl: