PDA

View Full Version : congrats PITT ncaa basketball

tony hipchest
03-27-2009, 01:37 AM
elite 8!

do we not have any pitt basketball fans in da house?

Steelman16
03-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Not a huge fan, but following them to see how far they make it. :chuckle:

Pretty good chance IMO.

OneForTheToe
03-27-2009, 01:44 AM
I am ... not sure how many fans they have here, but I know a few picked them in our tourney thread. Tough game next up with Nova. Blair is going to have to dominate.

The thing I like about this Pitt Team, that also reminds me of this years Steelers, is that they are grinders. Pitt will rarely blow anybody away, but they are hard to beat if the game is close in the end.

Go Pitt.

lilyoder6
03-27-2009, 08:34 AM
i am not going to congratulate pitt for anything.. they have been playing like shit and soon enough they need to start playing basketball like they did in the reg season b4 it's too late

trauben
03-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm not really into basketball. After watching a movie last night I remembered they were playing and tuned in to see the last 9 minutes! That was indeed AWESOME! I was really pulling for them. I'll probably watch them from here on out (last half at least). This would be sweet if they took it all. We'd be the City of Champions again! First time since the Pirates and Steelers held both back in '80.

tony hipchest
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
i am not going to congratulate pitt for anything.. they have been playing like shit and soon enough they need to start playing basketball like they did in the reg season b4 it's too latei know...

they have played down to thir level of competition every game so far. its pretty disappointing.

i too, am hoping for a return to "city of champions".

imagine that... pens in the finals, steelers in the bowl, panthers cutting the nets....

that can only mean 1 thing. pirates in the WS!!!!! :tt02:

:couch: ok, i got carried away there.

Dino 6 Rings
03-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I've been watching PITT Basketball all year, its part of the reason I pay for the Fox Sports Package, it gets me Big East Basketball down here in Arkansas.

I was so worried about the OK State game when the bracket first came out, those guys were good. Fields is a freaking heart stopper, he misses 3 or 4 shots in a row, then with 50 seconds left takes a 3 pointer from NBA range and buries it, then on the following posession, steals the ball and gets a layup, 5 points in like 20 seconds to put us up 4. game over. Great game.

Looking foward to playing Nova this weekend. Big East vs Big East, should be a heck of a game.

trauben
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
that can only mean 1 thing. pirates in the WS!!!!! :tt02:

:couch: ok, i got carried away there.

Boy did you get carried away. Maybe if we went back to our original colors of just B&G and get that red crap out of there and replace that jinxed logo back to the old jolly rogers? Nah. :rofl:

revefsreleets
03-27-2009, 11:57 AM
GD Memphis busted ALL my brackets!

Go Pitt!

Sharkissle29
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I got pittsburgh taking it all, so im still in it.

but nova is scaring the shit out of me, i think they have the talent to potentially win the tourney. but keep it up pitt!!

HometownGal
03-27-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm not into basketball all that much, but I love my hometown teams and I'm ecstatic that Pitt made the Elite 8! They came from behind with a 37-29 deficit at the half and kicked bootie in the second half by putting up 31 big ones! Congrats! :drink:

X-Terminator
03-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Meh, I'm just sitting back and waiting for the inevitable loss. Pitt winning the national championship in basketball just seems...surreal to me. So it likely isn't going to happen.

steelersfanman92
03-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I am a big Pitt basketball fan and I am loving their run at the National Championship right now, but they still haven't won yet so there is a chance they won't win it all but to make it to the elite eight is still a big deal

SteelCityMan786
03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I am a big Pitt basketball fan and I am loving their run at the National Championship right now, but they still haven't won yet so there is a chance they won't win it all but to make it to the elite eight is still a big deal

Especially when they've been getting stepped on in the Sweet 16.

What do Pitt and Penn State Basketball, along with the Steelers have in common???

They have a thing for the dramatics.

They've made my bracket almost commit suicide 3 teams. Geeze Pitt, you're almost as bad as my Nittany Lions this season.

lilyoder6
03-27-2009, 05:19 PM

i was going to say that pitt is not making a run at the NC right now.. it looks like they are driving miss daisy...

Galax Steeler
03-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I am pulling for Pitt all the way.

Fordy
03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I cant wait for the game tonight. Villanova looked real good in crushing Duke. This is going to be like a heavyweight fight. Dejuan Blair needs to have one of his infamous 20 point 20 rebound games to make sure they get by Villanova. Go Pitt!!

tony hipchest
03-28-2009, 09:15 PM
pitt is doing everything possible to give the game to the wildcats with about 2 minutes left.

very sloppy ball on their part. but a hell of a game.

tony hipchest
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
what a freaking nail biting heartbreaker :dang:

steelersfanman92
03-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Well that sucks I don't understand why they didn't atleast throw the ball to half court on the last play though

tony hipchest
03-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Well that sucks I don't understand why they didn't atleast throw the ball to half court on the last play thoughshoulda never come down to that. it was about a miracle they nailed a 3 and had the 2 foul shots to bring it that close.

too many crappy turnovers/travelling mistakes in the final 4 minutes. villanova basically won it by nailing all but one of their foul shots.

very disappointing. i feel a little ill. they were too good to be happy with just an elite 8 appearance (although im not convinced they coulda done anything beyond this point- it all seemed to big for them). :banging:

Fordy
03-28-2009, 09:47 PM
What a heartbreaker. Great game. Young and Blair was awesome. I feel so bad for Fields he made so many clutch shots over the years for Pitt. He will be missed. I hope Blair doesnt go to the NBA, he will be a force next season if he returns and so will Pitt. Maybe they can get over the hump next season and make their 1st final four.

OneForTheToe
03-29-2009, 02:14 AM
oh what heart breaker. Blair played well, but why wasn't he under the basket on the coast to coast by Nova. So close ....

X-Terminator
03-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, so much for that. I knew the loss was coming eventually.