PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Trip to Pittsburgh - Help

Dawson63
03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I am from Kentucky...have been a Steeler fan since I started watching the NFL when I was 11 years old.... I am now 32 years old. I have always wanted to get up to the Burgh for a game, but things have just never worked out (tickets are hard to get!!). I usually try and make some games in Cincinnati (much easier ticket:chuckle: ), and have been to a couple in Tennesee.

Anyway, Although it's not for a game, my wife got me tickets and we are making a weekend out of the Steelers Draft Day Fan Blitz '09!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:I am super pumped about getting to see Pittsburgh, and the stadium, and the Lombardi trophies.....etc..etc...etc!!! My kids (9 and 6 years old & Huge Steeler Fans too) are also coming with me. Taking them out of school that Friday and staying until Sunday. It's going to be too cool.

Do you guys have any suggestions for Friday night....what do I need to go see in Pittsburgh/What not to miss? I assume we will spend most of the day Saturday at Heinz Field. And then maybe do a little more sightseeing Sunday before driving back down to Ky.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated:tt:

srk173
03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
1. Go to strip district.
2. Go to Peppi's on Western Ave.

SteelersHoss
03-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Primanti's Bros sandwiches in the Strip. Great sandwiches. Head to station square, some good Steelers Stores there. Hometown sports is what is the store is. You could do the incline as well. Church Brew Works, good beer there.

Stlrs4Life
04-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Hoss is correct, you have to get a Primantis Sandwich!

PisnNapalm
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Go ride the Incline up Mt. Washington and take in the view. Have a sammich for me. I miss Primantis.