PDA

View Full Version : Board Draft

Pages : [1] 2

7willBheaven
03-28-2009, 02:42 AM
Hello all,

I'm new around here justed want to say this looked like a very active board and i look forward to contributing and i'm glad to be here. Anyways...I've seen on other football message boards/etc that they have their own Message Board Mock Drafts...where you have 32 people...they each pick a team...and you go through X amount of rounds on the draft (usually at least the first 5), picking the player(s)/making trades/etc as if you were in charge of that team.

So i figured why not start of my tenure here with a BANG and see if anyone would be interested in this?!?! I briefly looked around and didnt see anything like this on here...if i missed it i'm sorry...and probably it would take place in the Draft section of the forum, but i'm posting this here since more people come here it seems.

Anyways...let me know your thoughts and if we get enough interest maybe we can do this thing...i'll set it up...give the rules/guidelines and we'll get everything up and running here soon....

7willBheaven
03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow the Mods here are quick to move things...all i wanted was for this to get some exposure on the main board and then have the actual Draft on this section...geeez that sucks

devilsdancefloor
03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
they moved it from where ever to here because it belongs here. Besides MANY of the posters check all the sections of the board. Post it where it belongs and you wil get responses.:thumbsup:

7willBheaven
03-28-2009, 02:32 PM
they moved it from where ever to here because it belongs here. Besides MANY of the posters check all the sections of the board. Post it where it belongs and you wil get responses.:thumbsup:

Not a problem and definitely understandable....it just seemed like a lot of the sub-boards were quite quiet and all...so i just picked the most popular :-)

7willBheaven
03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow 146 views...and not one person wanting to have some fun and try this. Yet a bunch of people post their own mock draft...i figured there'd be a lot of people wanting to try this.

steelerdave1969
03-29-2009, 08:02 PM
So, Lets Do It...:tt03:

7willBheaven
03-30-2009, 12:56 AM
So, Lets Do It...:tt03:

YAY! :tt03: now we just need some more people like you and me and we can do this thing....tell your friends haha. it'd be nice to get like 10-16 people (that'd be like 2-3 teams each)...it'd be nice to get 32 people...but i dunno if that'll happen.

MDSteel15
03-30-2009, 01:40 AM
YAY! :tt03: now we just need some more people like you and me and we can do this thing....tell your friends haha. it'd be nice to get like 10-16 people (that'd be like 2-3 teams each)...it'd be nice to get 32 people...but i dunno if that'll happen.

go go go!

paw-n-maul-u
03-30-2009, 02:20 AM
Baby steps ... let's start with three rounds.

32/4=8 People ... more than that might be getting ahead of yourself considering this isnt in the main forum and could take awhile to get adequate feedback.

Every team in the first has a pick except carolina and dallas ... philly and Detroit have 2 each ... i dunno what to do about that ...

if you just wanna do 8 teams than that means ...

Person #1 would have picks 1,9,17,25 ... and so on for the next 7 rows (we can figure out the next two rounds as they go)

I dunno really how this would go. But If someone has to pop this games cherry I guess it'll be me (I'm tryin not to leave you hangin noob). We can change the rules as it goes along ... trades ... etc.

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select ...

JASON SMITH, OT, Baylor

The lions have to take a QB at some point in this draft. They can't trade out of the #1 spot unless someone really wants Curry or Smith. With Smith, they can move G. Cherilus over to the right side and have two young tackles to build their offense around.

Dan O might have ran for his life more last year than our own Big Ben. Why bring a rookie QB into a situation that set's him up for failure? The lions loved curry more, but couldn't justify giving a LB that much money for a spot that essentially is already occupied but a very very good ernie simms (granted Curry could play anywhere, the lions just dont have the defensive front to allow him to make plays like the Ravens do with Ray Lewis ... FYI curry isn't a pass rusher, not that he couldnt be, but Ray Lewis isn't much of a pass rusher and that is who I compare him to more than anyone. A young ray lewis that is just great in everything.

This pick is up to debate, and also, trades are still available and could change.

http://football.about.com/od/nfldraft/a/nfldraftorder.htm

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Those are links to the draft trade chart

I say you can't trade pics in rds. later than 3 ... it would be pointless

If a few people following the pick are OK with the pick ... then it get's verified ... but if enough negative sentiment is expressed than their pick can be vetoed and the board gets to decide the pick.

trades b/w players is whatever they want to do, as long as it doesnt completely bunk the draft trade chart.

have an explanation as to why you made the pick you did, and if you pass up on a completely obvious pick, have a good explanation (because yes, weird picks always do happen that leave you scratching your head).

The Definiti0n
03-30-2009, 05:21 AM
sign me up

7willBheaven
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Baby steps ... let's start with three rounds.

32/4=8 People ... more than that might be getting ahead of yourself considering this isnt in the main forum and could take awhile to get adequate feedback.

Every team in the first has a pick except carolina and dallas ... philly and Detroit have 2 each ... i dunno what to do about that ...

if you just wanna do 8 teams than that means ...

Person #1 would have picks 1,9,17,25 ... and so on for the next 7 rows (we can figure out the next two rounds as they go)

I dunno really how this would go. But If someone has to pop this games cherry I guess it'll be me (I'm tryin not to leave you hangin noob). We can change the rules as it goes along ... trades ... etc.

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select ...

JASON SMITH, OT, Baylor

The lions have to take a QB at some point in this draft. They can't trade out of the #1 spot unless someone really wants Curry or Smith. With Smith, they can move G. Cherilus over to the right side and have two young tackles to build their offense around.

Dan O might have ran for his life more last year than our own Big Ben. Why bring a rookie QB into a situation that set's him up for failure? The lions loved curry more, but couldn't justify giving a LB that much money for a spot that essentially is already occupied but a very very good ernie simms (granted Curry could play anywhere, the lions just dont have the defensive front to allow him to make plays like the Ravens do with Ray Lewis ... FYI curry isn't a pass rusher, not that he couldnt be, but Ray Lewis isn't much of a pass rusher and that is who I compare him to more than anyone. A young ray lewis that is just great in everything.

This pick is up to debate, and also, trades are still available and could change.

http://football.about.com/od/nfldraft/a/nfldraftorder.htm

Those are links to the draft trade chart

I say you can't trade pics in rds. later than 3 ... it would be pointless

If a few people following the pick are OK with the pick ... then it get's verified ... but if enough negative sentiment is expressed than their pick can be vetoed and the board gets to decide the pick.

trades b/w players is whatever they want to do, as long as it doesnt completely bunk the draft trade chart.

have an explanation as to why you made the pick you did, and if you pass up on a completely obvious pick, have a good explanation (because yes, weird picks always do happen that leave you scratching your head).

Well thats slightly different than what i had in mind...but hmmm....

I was going to have it where each person picked the teams they want (however many it may end up needing to be)...if more people join after we start then a couple people can give up a team of 2 if they'd like. Then each team would make their pick based on what THEY think the team needs....the board couldnt override it...if a pick/trade is made then its done as long as both teams approve (for trades). And also ALL round picks and any players would be up for trades/etc.....just like in the real draft. Yes this is a mock that may only go 3-5 rounds, but in real life you dont see them only trading up to 3rd rounders. Thats one of the points of this to make it seem more real, and not just a mock someone posts online and everyone tells what they'd change about it /etc. As far as giving a little explaination why a pick/trade was made...thats just fine. And the trade values...yeah that would be fine to follow that as close as possible...but if a team signs off on something that is say 300 points less than what the pick they are trading is worth...that is up to them.

As far as keeping track of whos team is who...pick order...trades...player/picks on the block...i would either edit one of my early messages in this thread and post the updated info there....or just keep the pick/team GM list here and maybe make a 2nd thread for trades/players on the block/etc.

I'm not knocking any of your ideas at all...and it definitely was well thought out and quite good...i just think adding a few things you said...the trade chart/explainations/etc...in with the more realistic draft...as i mentioned (non of the if the board doesnt approve they can change it...and only up to 3rd rounders can be traded/etc) i think we could come up with a pretty good system that everyone would enjoy, and have fun with.

Looks like we have 5 people so far...we'll give it a couple more days and see how many we're up to and if we have at least 8+ then maybe we can get started!

Steely McSmash
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll sign up

7willBheaven
03-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Sweet we're up to 6 people....come on guys...dont be chickens!!! I'd like to get 10-16 people...buuut...i'll do it with at least 8.

ShutDown24
03-31-2009, 08:53 PM
I've seen these too and always have thought they would be fun. I'll join in if you want me.

7willBheaven
03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I've seen these too and always have thought they would be fun. I'll join in if you want me.

Would be glad to have you...spread the word to any friends you have (on here or new ones to join here)...the more the merrier! :-)

7willBheaven
04-03-2009, 11:09 PM
It would be nice to get ONE more person...that would be 4 teams each. Maybe some of you guys who do a lot of posting on the main board can put something in your signature as i have to try to advertise!!! Though I think we will start picking teams now. I am going to post some basic rules...round info...etc in a bit!!!!!!!

I was hoping to be able to go back and edit my first post in this thread but you cant do that...so I might just create a thread for keeping track of picks, draft order, and trades when we start...and thats ALL that will be there...all other business (making picks/annoucing trades/etc) will be posted here...but i will just use the other post as an easy to follow, ongoing tally of whats happened...so you dont have to go through pages to try to find stuff.

steelerdave1969
MDSteel15
paw-n-maul-u
The Definiti0n
Steely McSmash
ShutDown24

You guys can start picking your 4 teams at any time...first come first serve and if/when anybody new joins...we can just give up a few teams to them.

7willBheaven
04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
BASIC RULES:

- We will first aim to do the first 3 rounds, and see how it goes from there.

- We will follow the draft order that is the most current when we officially start making picks.

- In the first round you will have 12 hours to make your pick, if you do not make your pick within the 12 hours you will be skipped and the next team is on the clock. You will have your chance to pick again after that team is done (but you must announce your pick within a few hours time). This all is to accomodate people in different time zones/etc....Rounds 2 and down you will have less to pick (like 6 hours or so)

- If you are not going to be around when your pick will be up...you can PM me your top few picks and I will anounce the pick for you

- You may trade any players and any picks (from this yrs draft only), ALL trades are to be negotiated via PM between the team GMs.

- All trades must be approved by BOTH teams (each team will post approval on the board/etc)

I think those are the main points. But pretty much we just go through it like the real draft acting as teams GM's etc. And like i said if anybody new joins...some of us will give up a team to them.

Current Draft Order (as of today) and though it may change by the time we actually start.

Round 1

1(1) Lions
2(2) Rams
3(3) Chiefs
4(4) Seahawks
5(5) Browns
6(6) Bengals
7(7) Raiders
8(8) Jaguars
9(9) Packers
10(10) 49ers
11(11) Bills
12(12) Broncos
13(13) Redskins
14(14) Saints
15(15) Texans
16(16) Chargers
17(17) Jets
18(18) Broncos (From Chicago)
19(19) Buccaneers
20(20) Lions (From Dallas )
21(21) Eagles
22(22) Vikings
23(23) Patriots
24(24) Falcons
25(25) Dolphins
26(26) Ravens
27(27) Colts
28(28) Eagles (From Carolina)
29(29) Giants
30(30) Titans
31(31) Cardinals
32(32) Steelers

Round 2

1(33) Lions
2(34) Patriots (From Kansas City)
3(35) Rams
4(36) Browns
5(37) Seahawks
6(38) Bengals
7(39) Jaguars
8(40) Raiders
9(41) Packers
10(42) Bills
11(43) 49ers
12(44) Dolphins (From Washington)
13(45) Giants (From New Orleans)
14(46) Texans
15(47) Patriots (From San Diego)
16(48) Broncos (From Texans)
17(49) Bears
18(50) Browns (From Tampa Bay)
19(51) Cowboys
20(52) Jets
21(53) Eagles
22(54) Vikings
23(55) Falcons
24(56) Dolphins
25(57) Ravens
26(58) Patriots
27(59) Panthers
28(60) Giants
29(61) Colts
30(62) Titans
31(63) Cardinals
32(64) Steelers

Round 3

1(65) Lions
2(66) Rams
3(67) Chiefs
4(68) Seahawks
5(69) Cowboys (From Cleveland)
6(70) Bengals
7(71) Raiders
8(72) Jaguars
9(73) Packers
10(74) 49ers
11(75) Bills
12(76) Jets (From New Orleans)
13(77) Texans
14(78) Chargers
15(79) Broncos
16(80) Redskins
17(81) Buccaneers
18(82) Lions (From Dallas )
19(83) Packers (From New York Jets)
20(84) Broncos (From Chicago)
21(85) Eagles
22(86) Vikings
23(87) Dolphins
24(88) Ravens
25(89) Patriots
26(90) Falcons
27(91) Giants
28(92) Colts
29(93) Panthers
30(94) Titans
31(95) Cardinals
32(96) Steelers
33(97) Patriots (Compensatory selection)
34(98) Bengals (Compensatory selection)
35(99) Bears (Compensatory selection)
36(100) Giants (Compensatory selection)

7willBheaven
04-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I'll start things off by picking my 4 teams....

Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, and New Orleans Saints

ShutDown24
04-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Are we allowed to pick our teams now then? :)

If so, I would love to make the selections for the Broncos, Jets, Vikings and Titans

Steelman16
04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Guess I'll hop in - though my knowledge isn't that great on the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Can I take the Steelers? :flap:

Here are my 4 choices:

Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants

7willBheaven
04-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah I officially started off the picking of teams.

ShutDown you got the 4 you named: Broncos, Jets, Vikings, Titans

I have: Eagles, Cardinals, Chiefs, Saints

Welcome aboard Steelman16...that makes 8 total (hopefully we can get more but we can start w/ 8)....Yes you can have the Steelers and Giants...however Shutdown took the Broncos and Vikings before you did...so please pick 2 more teams (just double check nobody else has taken them!) :-)

Steelman16
04-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Ok, I swear ShutDown must have edited his post... :flap:

Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

ShutDown24
04-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Ok, I swear ShutDown must have edited his post... :flap:

Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I did edit it lol, but it was immediately after making the post initially. I think we probably finished at the exact same time haha :doh:

If you really wanted the Broncos and Vikings it is more than fine lol. They just seemed interesting to me. Did you want either of them particularly a lot? :thumbsup:

7willBheaven
04-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Updated list...

Me: Eagles, Cardinals, Chiefs, Saints
ShutDown: Broncos, Jets, Vikings, Titans
Steelman16: Steelers, Giants, Lions, Bucs

Steelman16
04-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I did edit it lol, but it was immediately after making the post initially. I think we probably finished at the exact same time haha :doh:

If you really wanted the Broncos and Vikings it is more than fine lol. They just seemed interesting to me. Did you want either of them particularly a lot? :thumbsup:

The Broncos did interest me somewhat, because it's one of the teams I know more. If you wanted to trade it, that'd probably help me because a lot of these teams I'm not totally sure what their needs are/etc

If not though, I'm good. :drink:

Steely McSmash
04-04-2009, 05:08 PM
7willbHeaven: Eagles, Cardinals, Chiefs, Saints
McSmash: Packers, Dolphins, Redskins, Cheatriots

7willBheaven
04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
McSmash: Packers, Dolphins, Eagles, Cheatriots

The Eagles are taken McSmash... :drink:

Steely McSmash
04-04-2009, 06:39 PM
The Eagles are taken McSmash... :drink:

ok fixed original post:drink:

7willBheaven
04-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Cool...thanks...thats 4 of 8 people who have teams...hopefully the others will show up within the next 24 hours or so...

ShutDown24
04-04-2009, 06:54 PM
The Broncos did interest me somewhat, because it's one of the teams I know more. If you wanted to trade it, that'd probably help me because a lot of these teams I'm not totally sure what their needs are/etc

If not though, I'm good. :drink:

Sure, you can have Denver. Drop whatever team you decide you don't want next time we update the teams. I'll take the Bungles in place of the Broncos :flap:

Steelman16
04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Sure, you can have Denver. Drop whatever team you decide you don't want next time we update the teams. I'll take the Bungles in place of the Broncos :flap:

Ok, I appreciate it bro -- helps to know something about the team I'm GM'ing for...lol

I dropped the Bucs, so now I have:

Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, Detroit Lions, Denver Broncos

:drink:

7willBheaven
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Updated List:

ShutDown: Bengals, Jets, Vikings, Titans
Steelman16: Steelers, Giants, Lions, Broncos
McSmash: Packers, Dolphins, Redskins, Patriots

7willBheaven
04-05-2009, 12:58 PM
SteelerDave, paw, MD, The Def....are you guys still around and wanting to do this...you are the only 4 who havent picked... :-)

ShutDown24
04-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Ok, I appreciate it bro -- helps to know something about the team I'm GM'ing for...lol

No problem, that would seem to make sense :chuckle:

Now we just need the others to show up! :thumbsup:

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-06-2009, 12:48 AM
ill join but can i request the Jets shutdown?

7willBheaven
04-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Sure Pi...pick 4 teams...

Poor Shut...everyone wanting your teams haha

Also if we do end up having 9...which we have right now...then 5 of us would have 4 teams...and 4 of us would have 3 teams....so the last 4 people picking will get 3 teams only...Pi and whoever picks after them will have 4 teams....

If we do actually end up with 9 people....I'll probably give up like the Saints to someone else...since i'm running everything and all...it'll make things easier on me

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I will take the Jets, Panthers , Chargers , Ravens. :thumbsup:

7willBheaven
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
ShutDown: Bengals, Jets, Vikings, Titans
Phi Kapp Steeler: Chargers, Ravens, Panthers

I cant give you the Jets until ShutDown says you can have them...he has to approve it since they are his team.

7willBheaven
04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
The teams that are left now are:

Bills, Browns, Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks....

SteelerDave....paw....MD....The Def...where you guys at???? We wanna get started!!

ShutDown24
04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
The teams that are left now are:

Bills, Browns, Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks....

SteelerDave....paw....MD....The Def...where you guys at???? We wanna get started!!

Yeah, it's okay if he has the Jets lol. I'll take the Colts in place of NYJ.

ShutDown: Bengals, Colts, Vikings, Titans
Phi Kapp Steeler: Chargers, Ravens, Panthers

7willBheaven
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Phi Kapp Steeler: Chargers, Ravens, Panthers, Jets

REMAINING:

Bills, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks....

Steely McSmash
04-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Steelman, why not kick this off with the lions pick while we're waiting? be lucky to make it through round 1 at this pace

Steelman16
04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
If 7B would like me to start, I most definitely will.

If nobody takes the Rams/etc, should we just divide evenly between current members, OR use the draft board creating by some of the SF members to make default selections based on BPA?

I kind of like the second idea if the remaining people don't claim any teams.

But yeah...would it be possible to change that time to 24 hours? 12 is kinda tight for me due to school/work/events. If you don't want to change it, that's fine, I can try to live with it -- probably will end up PMing for the later rounds.

:thumbsup: This should be fun!

The Definiti0n
04-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I want the texans.

Steelman16
04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I want the texans.

Any others? It'd be nice if you could take 2-3 more. :thumbsup:

The Definiti0n
04-07-2009, 12:10 AM
oh ok my bad-Bills and 49ers

Steelman16
04-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Ok, cool!

The Definition: Texans, Bills, 49'ers

REMAINING:

Browns, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, and Seahawks....

9 teams left.

Helping you out 7B. :wink02:

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks Steelman...as far as the pick time...i'd like tp keep it short...because to get thru at least 3 rounds (hopefully more) we're gonna have to get moving...i guess we could do 15-18 hrs...but you can definitely pm your picks even if you have to send me your top 5 or 10 haha depending how many picks there are until yours...i have no problem with that...

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm switchin teams i think....i'm dropping the Saints and picking up the Browns!!!

As far as getting started...sure...go ahead and make your pick...if the others havent picked the remaining teams when their pick comes up...uhh...i'll think what i wanna do haha...

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 12:37 AM
7willbHeaven: Eagles, Cardinals, Chiefs, Browns

REMAINING:

Saints, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, and Seahawks....

9 teams left.

Steelman16
04-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Ok, should we make our selections in this thread, or devote a thread only to the selections to keep them in order and seperate?

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Announce them here everything here...picks...trades...etc...and i think it'll be best for me to create a separate thread to keep official track of picks/trades...instead of reposting them like we've been doin for the team lists/etc....

Steelman16
04-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Alright, sounds good. I'll kick off by making the first choice for the Detroit Lions. I think they'll choose an OT, but I'm gonna draft the QB...

(maybe everyone can follow my posting format?) (use size 5 so we can see it!)

1st Round - #1 - DETROIT LIONS
Matthew Stafford - QB - Georgia

The Duke
04-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Is it too late to sign up?

Steelman16
04-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Not at all!

Choose 3-4 teams from the 9 below and you can get started:

Saints, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, and Seahawks....

The Duke
04-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Cool

guess I'll choose the bears, hawks and raiders

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Welcome aboard Duke! All the guidelines/etc are on around page 2 i think of the thread...a big long post by me......if you havent read it that is

and along the lines of what Steelman said about making your pick bigger so we can all see...also put whos on the clock next after your pick if you dont mind...

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 01:48 AM
7willbHeaven: Eagles, Cardinals, Chiefs, Browns
The Duke: Bears, Seahawks, Raiders

REMAINING:

Saints, Jaguars, Cowboys, Falcons, Bucs, Rams....

If some of the others that said they'd play...paw, Steelerdave and MD end up showing up and all...a couple of us can give up a team each so more are available...with that said...i need 2-3 of you that have 4 teams to let me one team you'd be willing to give up incase this happens....so that those 3 (if needbe) can have 3 teams each...

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Even though the Rams are not claimed at this point and time i'm goin to make the pick for them...and this is who i'm seeing them pick on many different websites...

SCRATCH MY RAMS PICK...somebody picked them up on the next page...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to my Chiefs.....

The Chiefs would like to entertain offers of trading down in the draft....we would want a 1st round pick along with probably a 2nd rounder as well. I was going to announce a pick right now...but i figured i'd see if there are any offers that could get us some more picks. PM me with offers....and i will review them tomorrow afternoon and make my decision.

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Also the Arizona Cardinals would like to announce that the following players are on the trading block (PM me offers):

WR A. Boldin
RB E. James

The Duke
04-07-2009, 07:43 AM
just in case I'm not here in time for the seahawks pick....

the pick would be either Eugene Monroe or Andre Smith. After signing TJ the hawks can wait till later in the draft to get other receivers in a deep WR class, and concentrate on a fixing their OT holes

If neither is available then I'd like to trade down. a late 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick. that way the hawks can still get a much needed OT and one of the QBs available, since hasselback is getting old and coming off an injury

umm....7willBheaven, I guess you can announce my pick in bold when it's time

Steelers Since '75
04-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Count me in guys... I will take the Rams, Bucs, and Saints

1st Round - #2 - St. Louis Rams
Eugene Monroe - OT - Virginia

steelerdave1969
04-07-2009, 10:45 AM
So, someone needs to post a list of teams that are still available please..

steelerdave1969
04-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry it took me so long to figure out that we are started already. I would like to take the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints if they are not already taken... I did this on another draft board and I had the Buccaneers at 19 and still got QB Mark Sanchez for them, but we will see how things work out I guess.

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
7willbHeaven: Eagles, Cardinals, Browns
McSmash: Packers, Dolphins, Patriots
Phi Kapp Steeler: Chargers, Ravens, Jets
Steeler Since 75: Rams, Bucs, Saints
steelerdave: Falcons, Cowboys

First of all...Dave...the Saints were taken...Cowboys were left..so i gave them to you...if you want to switch with someone else..talk with them....i'll get you a 3rd team shortly....

Also more people can STILL join (paw/MDsteel)...as there are 5 of us with 4 teams...and we each will give up 1 team to free up some more...and if even more join more can be freed up. Just post you would like to join and we'll get you some teams..

Also for those of you just joining...the Pick/Trade Tracker thread will be where I post all picks/trades so please refer there for the list

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
My Chiefs are on the clock...and would like to entertain possssibly trading down in the draft...PM me with offers...
-------------------------------------------------
Also the Arizona Cardinals would like to announce that the following players are on the trading block (PM me offers):

WR A. Boldin
RB E. James

Browns on the block:

QB D. Anderson
WR B. Edwards

----------------------------------------------

REMEMBER:

This is just calling out/naming picks...its about trading/etc...just like they do in the real draft/NFL...

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
just in case I'm not here in time for the seahawks pick....

the pick would be either Eugene Monroe or Andre Smith. After signing TJ the hawks can wait till later in the draft to get other receivers in a deep WR class, and concentrate on a fixing their OT holes

If neither is available then I'd like to trade down. a late 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick. that way the hawks can still get a much needed OT and one of the QBs available, since hasselback is getting old and coming off an injury

umm....7willBheaven, I guess you can announce my pick in bold when it's time

Ok...not a problem...though I'm still on the clock with the Chiefs...in the future you can PM me your possible picks...so everyone dont know your intentions...unless it doesnt matter to you :-) (as you see Monroe was just picked after you posted that...though Jason Smith is available now)

The Duke
04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Ok...not a problem...though I'm still on the clock with the Chiefs...in the future you can PM me your possible picks...so everyone dont know your intentions...unless it doesnt matter to you :-) (as you see Monroe was just picked after you posted that...though Jason Smith is available now)

yeah, that will be better

anyway I'll probably be here for the hawks pick

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok guys...MDsteel has finally PMd me...asking if he could have the Cardinals, Vikings and Jags...

I told him i would drop my Chiefs..he could have the Jags...and then pick between the Panthers and Redskins...i did this instead of waiting for everyone to come on and tell me who they'd drop...if he accepts whichever team is left will go to steelerdave

Steelman16
04-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Ok, once we get the teams sorted out, it'll be easier to make picks/trades/etc.

:tt02:

7willBheaven
04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok, once we get the teams sorted out, it'll be easier to make picks/trades/etc.

:tt02:

Yup...once MD confirms then i think we'll be set for a while...because i dont think paw is gonna join us...

MDSteel15
04-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Confirmed... Aaron Curry at #3.... :wave:

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Did we start already?

7willBheaven
04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Ok since MD has confirmed his teams to me...here is the list of whos got who...

7willbHeaven: Eagles, Cardinals, Browns
McSmash: Packers, Dolphins, Patriots
Phi Kapp Steeler: Chargers, Ravens, Jets
Steeler Since 75: Rams, Bucs, Saints
steelerdave: Falcons, Cowboys, Redskins
MDsteel: Chiefs, Jaguars, Panthers

----------------------------------------

Also the Chiefs (MD) have named their pick so...

SEATTLE IS ON THE CLOCK!!!!

7willBheaven
04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Also since MD has the Chiefs...he may not have the same players on the trading block (if any) as i did...so please contact him about those...speaking of PMs...make sure you guys check them regularly...incase someone PMs you about a trade...so things dont get held up and all :-)

Ok...lets get this ball rolling...i dont forsee any new people joining right now (i'll deal with it if they do)...just a couple requests from me...

when you name your pick make sure to put his name, position and school and make the pick in like a bigger/bold font...and also in your post please put who is on the clock next if you would...so nobody misses a post and doesnt forget they are next in line...

and remember there is another thread that i made that shows the draft order and current picks made...plus any trades also :-)

let the fun begin!!

steelerdave1969
04-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Heaven, you need to figure out who has been taken and keep us updated as often as possible please. Just a suggestion also, when you make your Selections..
Make them bigger and in bold like this

Eagles select RB Joe Blow from Univ. of Glowying Rock... this is just an example...

:rofl:

7willBheaven
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Heaven, you need to figure out who has been taken and keep us updated as often as possible please. Just a suggestion also, when you make your Selections..
Make them bigger and in bold like this

Eagles select RB Joe Blow from Univ. of Glowying Rock... this is just an example...

:rofl:

I have been keeping everyone updated...and the most recent (and probably final) lineup is a couple posts above yours...

7willBheaven
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
The Seahawks have been on the clock for almost 22 hours now (The Definiti0n you can make your pick at anytime now but you are no longer on the clock...you need to pick ASAP or you could loose out on a player you want)...

sooo Cleveland is on the clock....since Cleveland is next in the draft...and thats my team...is anyone interested in trading up into spot #5...the Browns are in need of some more picks in this draft...also keep in mind Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards are both available for trade (for picks or players)...PM asap any offers (esp to trade for the #5 spot)

The Definiti0n
04-09-2009, 03:27 AM
its my turn? wait I have the 49ers Bills and Texans I dont pick till number 11. and how do I see whose left. Someone list the previous picks

The Duke
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
:doh: knew this would happen

anyway....

Seattle selects Jason Smith - OT

MDSteel15
04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
:doh: knew this would happen

anyway....

Seattle selects Jason Smith - OT

Browns pick???? who's next.....

7willBheaven
04-09-2009, 12:31 PM
its my turn? wait I have the 49ers Bills and Texans I dont pick till number 11. and how do I see whose left. Someone list the previous picks

My bad Def....i meant to say The Duke...haha...i musta just started with The D...and typed your name in...as far as keeping track of things...as i've said before....there is ANOTHER THREAD called "Board Draft Pick & Trade Tracker" thats where you can see an updated list of who has what teams...what picks have been taken...or any trades...i usually update it as soon as i come on here and see there have been picks/trades...so sometimes it may not have the very last pick or something.

7willBheaven
04-09-2009, 01:27 PM
And yes my Browns are on the clock...and they are hoping to entertain offers to trade down to gain some more picks as they only have a few in this whole draft...please PM offers...

Steelman16
04-09-2009, 02:51 PM
This is the Tracker link:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35074

7willBheaven
04-09-2009, 03:35 PM
back at ya Steelman...chk em... :-)

7willBheaven
04-09-2009, 04:52 PM
The Browns would like to announce a trade...

Browns get: Picks #18 & #79

Broncos get: Pick #5

While we were hoping for more picks or higher ones...this will do...as the the Browns are trying to get more picks due to the lack of picks they have this year...and we willing to take a little loss to get more...also we believe one of our target players will be here at #18.

Keep in mind that WR Braylon Edwards and QB Derek Anderson are on the trading block..PM me with trade offers!!!

The Broncos are now on the clock....

Steelman16
04-09-2009, 06:08 PM
1st Round - #5 - DENVER BRONCOS
B.J. Raji - DT - Boston College

The Bengals are on the clock...

The Definiti0n
04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
1st Round - #5 - DENVER BRONCOS
B.J. Raji - DT - Boston College

WOW no QB?

Steelman16
04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
WOW no QB?

:wink02:

MDSteel15
04-09-2009, 10:44 PM
He's got another pick!

The Definiti0n
04-10-2009, 12:09 AM
He's got another pick!

the broncos dont. he traded them both. trade up to take Raji? not likely

Steelman16
04-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Bengals are on the clock. :wink02:

MDSteel15
04-10-2009, 12:22 AM
the broncos dont. he traded them both. trade up to take Raji? not likely

Umm, he still has another pick.... Pick number 12!

The Definiti0n
04-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Sanchez wont be there.... trust me. plus Raji is there at 12

SteelMember
04-10-2009, 07:55 AM
The Browns would like to announce a trade...

Browns get: Picks #18 & #79

Broncos get: Pick #5

While we were hoping for more picks or higher ones...this will do...as the the Browns are trying to get more picks due to the lack of picks they have this year...and we willing to take a little loss to get more...also we believe one of our target players will be here at #18.

Keep in mind that WR Braylon Edwards and QB Derek Anderson are on the trading block..PM me with trade offers!!!

The Broncos are now on the clock....

Hey guys, I'm enjoying watching your process, but I have to say, The bronco trade...A steal for the broncos! The browns didn't get close to the value for a #5.

Way to go Steelman, seeing the browns get the smack down is fun anyway you look at it. :chuckle:

HometownGal
04-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow the Mods here are quick to move things...all i wanted was for this to get some exposure on the main board and then have the actual Draft on this section...geeez that sucks

Well - now that this thread is 95 posts and 10 pages long, are ya done whinin'? :wink02:

For the record - this thread was placed into this forum because it is the proper forum for draft talk/mock drafts, etc.

Steelers Since '75
04-10-2009, 11:23 AM
We need a time limit of 2-3 hours per pick or we won't be done before the actual draft... and that is solid math numbers you can't twist. I am giving a cap for 8 hours at night when we are sleeping say 10pm until 6am.

7willBheaven
04-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey guys, I'm enjoying watching your process, but I have to say, The bronco trade...A steal for the broncos! The browns didn't get close to the value for a #5.

Way to go Steelman, seeing the browns get the smack down is fun anyway you look at it. :chuckle:

Thanks SteelMember...its fun. As far as the trade...yeah i was hoping to get both their firsts or like #12 and a 2nd rounder and all...because i too try to use that chart and all....buuuut....for the sake of wanting more picks...and probably a couple people i am eyeing for the Brownies will be there later on i took the deal for the heck of it (plus Steelman has been kinda helping me out running this thing too haha)....normally i wouldnt have...but i didnt get any other offers and i didnt want to stay at that pick...so i said why not....as i wouldnt be surprised if the real Browns try to move down to gain extra picks (not necessarily taking this same deal but yeah haha)....this would probably be the only somewhat unrealistc thing i'd do in this draft....its all good...all for fun anyways :tt03:

7willBheaven
04-10-2009, 02:07 PM
We need a time limit of 2-3 hours per pick or we won't be done before the actual draft... and that is solid math numbers you can't twist. I am giving a cap for 8 hours at night when we are sleeping say 10pm until 6am.

The one thing about your cap at night part...some people are not available outside those hours based on their job/etc...so you cant block off 8 hours and say no picks...its a 24 hour thing...if someone happens to be on at 2am and their up...they can make their pick...i'm not blocking off time that wont help the process.

and I know...for this first round the time limit is 12 hrs...then chop it down to 3-6 hours or so for the 2nd/3rd rounds....i'm giving a little longer this first round for people who may want to trade down/etc...plus the other main big thing is people who work...are in different time zones/etc...may not be able to be around 3 hours after the last pick...esp say if that pick is at midnight and all...a lot of people would be skipped and that would not be fair....i may consider knockin it down to 8 hours or so soon...

If wish if people are not going to be here when their turn may come would PM their like top 5-7 choices so i could post them....thats why i have that option available so we dont have to wait forever...but it seems like...nobody is doing this...i only have one teams picks..and they are not up for a couple picks...

The Bengals could have been skipped and the Raiders on the clock this morning after like 6-7am...you guys dont have to wait on me to say something has been skipped...if you see it has been 12 hours or so...post they have been skipped and the next team is on the clock...or if that is your team whos next...post your pick then and so on...i'm usually not available until the afternoon so take it upon yourselves to see whos been on the clock and how long to keep things moving...

As of now though the Bengals have been skipped and the Raiders are on the clock...

Steelman16
04-10-2009, 03:33 PM

What can I say, I was dealing with the Browns. :chuckle: jk

I'm getting some flak for the Raji pick, but I wanted to simulate two things. 1, the possible not-so-good trading of draft picks, and 2, a reach for a pick.

Actually though, there's a method to my madness. We'll see if it works. :popcorn:

The Duke
04-10-2009, 03:58 PM
oh, the raiders are on the clock? ok....

The Oakland Raiders select....Michael Oher- OT, Ole Miss

I'm building oline for my teams. Hopefully this screwed up the bengals and they are stuck with Andre Smith :chuckle:

7willBheaven
04-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Jaguars are on the clock...

St33lersguy
04-10-2009, 05:35 PM
oh, the raiders are on the clock? ok....

The Oakland Raiders select....Michael Oher- OT, Ole Miss

I'm building oline for my teams. Hopefully this screwed up the bengals and they are stuck with Andre Smith :chuckle:

:chuckle:I actually think they are happy with Andre smith, he's a perfect fit:chuckle:

BehindSteelCurtain
04-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Is it too late for me to join in 7willBheaven?

7willBheaven
04-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Is it too late for me to join in 7willBheaven?

I suppose it wouldnt be a problem....there are still 2 people with 4 teams...Shutdown and Steelman...and since Shutdown wasnt here for the Bengals pick...you can have them and name your 1st pick right now...and i'll give you....the Giants also...start with those 2 teams...that gives everyone 3 teams but you...that works.

Steelman16
04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd rather keep the Lions. He can have the Giants.

7willBheaven
04-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I'd rather keep the Lions. He can have the Giants.

That works...haha whichever....

BehindSteelCurtain
04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
wait so I have the bengals and the giants?

BehindSteelCurtain
04-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Bengals pick at #6: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

7willBheaven
04-10-2009, 09:18 PM
wait so I have the bengals and the giants?

Yes sir you do...if you have any questions just PM me...all the other rules/etc are like a few posts down on page 2...and the Draft Picks/Trades/Team list...is in the other thread..thats pretty much it. Enjoy!

Jaguars still are on the clock...

MDSteel15
04-11-2009, 01:27 AM
With the next pick in the draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select: Darius Heyward-Bey WR University of Maryland.......

The Definiti0n
04-11-2009, 02:11 AM
boo...boo.....boo.....

MDSteel15
04-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Whatever! Some boards have him going to the Gayders over the turd that was just picked 2 spots up....

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Def just likes to boo everyone's picks. :flap:

Packers are on the clock.

The Definiti0n
04-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Def just likes to boo everyone's picks. :flap:

Packers are on the clock.

Im channeling my inner Jet Fan

Steely McSmash
04-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Packers select Brian Orakpo of Texas for duty at OLB...

Steely McSmash
04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
49ers are on the clock...

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Didn't want to trade with me, Steely? :chuckle: Good choice though.

The Definiti0n
04-11-2009, 02:14 PM
With the tenth selection in the 2009 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select

Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

The Definiti0n
04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
With the eleventh selection in the 2009 NFL Draft, The Buffalo Bills select

Everette Brown, DE, Florida State

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
1st Round - #12 - DENVER BRONCOS
Malcolm Jenkins - CB/FS - Ohio State

Redskins are on the clock.

Steely McSmash
04-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Didn't want to trade with me, Steely? :chuckle: Good choice though.

Tempting but Packers making the 3-4 transition can use stud D players. If Raji, Orakpo, and Everette Brown were off the board, I'd have gone for it..

I think "the rack" will be one dimensional as a rush LB and a coverage, edge contain liability this year but he'll be a good start.

steelerdave1969
04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
At #15 in the 1st Round the Washington Redskins Select...

WR Percy Harvin Florida

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 05:53 PM
The Saints are on the clock.

St33lersguy
04-11-2009, 06:00 PM
At #15 in the 1st Round the Washington Redskins Select...

WR Percy Harvin Florida

don't you mean #13?

The Definiti0n
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Percy Harvin? I guess Im the only one who is taking this seriously. They did draft Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly in the 2nd round last year. Along with Fred Davis and Chris Cooley I think they are set at the receiver postion.

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Just think of this as a great what-if scenario. :laughing:

The Duke
04-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Really, shouldn't we be allowed to veto a pick like that? I mean, the skins drafted thomas and kelly last year like The definition said, plus they have moss and randle el

the skins had awful pass rush last year, at the very least their pick should be defense. or an olineman

every other pick has been fine

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Really, shouldn't we be allowed to veto a pick like that? I mean, the skins drafted thomas and kelly last year like The definition said, plus they have moss and randle el

the skins had awful pass rush last year, at the very least their pick should be defense. or an olineman

every other pick has been fine

:noidea: Dan Synder can do what he wants. :chuckle:

The Duke
04-11-2009, 06:22 PM
:noidea: Dan Synder can do what he wants. :chuckle:

lol

you're right with that. It wouldn't be a complete surprise if the skins make a ridiculous pick

7willBheaven
04-11-2009, 07:19 PM
I would again like to thank you guys who have been helping me out keepin the Pick tracker thread up to date and keeping things moving around here...i appreciate it! As far as over ruling picks..though it would be nice...but it would also have a ton of picks over ruled haha.

I'd like to keep things as realistic as possible...though there will be a few things that wont necessarily happen in real life (like my browns trade haha), but still.

Steelers Since '75
04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
With the 13th pick of the 2009 draft the Saints choose Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

The Texans are on the clock.

7willBheaven
04-11-2009, 08:15 PM
With the 13th pick of the 2009 draft the Saints choose Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

The Texans are on the clock.

Not a bad pickup...they could use the CB help...and actually your 14th pick but its cool :-P

BehindSteelCurtain
04-11-2009, 08:53 PM
We need to speed up this draft.

The Definiti0n
04-11-2009, 08:58 PM
With the 15th Pick the 2009 NFL Draft Houston Texans select

Chris "Beanie" Wells RB-Ohio State

WHOOOAAA Slaton and Wells??? nasty!!!

BehindSteelCurtain
04-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Good pick. Him and Slaton could work nicely. Could take off pressure off of their QB. I could see them going OL if their are any tackles left.

7willBheaven
04-11-2009, 09:12 PM

WHOOOAAA Slaton and Wells??? nasty!!!

Not a bad combo...but the Texans are hurting majorly at LB..and even DB..LB especially though...I figured an RB in the later rounds...since the D needs some major help..but ok... :-)

Chargers (then Jets...since its the same GM) are on the clock...

MDSteel15
04-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Personally I think that is a wasted pick because they have more defensive needs and QB issues after Schaub.... no offense

7willBheaven
04-11-2009, 11:25 PM
We need to speed up this draft.

Its moving a little better now...i cant skip someone whos only been on the clock barely 2 hours haha...geeez...relax...if people dont PM me their picks....i have to give them a little time and then skip them...i've been giving 12 hours...buuut...i've kinda been cutting it down a little from there depending how things are going/looking/etc...

And with it being the holiday weekend and all also...if we havent finished the first round within the next say couple days...then i will officially knock the time down to like 6-7 hours...and try to get people to PM me their picks more if they may not be around when their pick could be up...

The Definiti0n
04-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Personally I think that is a wasted pick because they have more defensive needs and QB issues after Schaub.... no offense

BPA thats my draft strategy. plenty of time to build the defense the texans have seven more picks in this draft that is deep at cb and lb. sit back and watch

MDSteel15
04-12-2009, 12:29 AM
BPA thats my draft strategy. plenty of time to build the defense the texans have seven more picks in this draft that is deep at cb and lb. sit back and watch

Corner is actually week when it comes to having any kind of height or speed... good luck with that! :tt03:

The Definiti0n
04-12-2009, 12:50 AM
do u see a corner still on the boards thats is worth taking at the 15th spot.? No right? Because Davis and Jenkins are gone and 15 is too high for Bulter or Smith.

7willBheaven
04-12-2009, 01:04 AM
do u see a corner still on the boards thats is worth taking at the 15th spot.? No right? Because Davis and Jenkins are gone and 15 is too high for Bulter or Smith.

I can see the reasonign here...though i wouldnt flip is Butler/Smith was taken there....a small reach maybe...so i woulda maybe got one of the many good 1st round LBs (LB isnt as deep as DB)...RB is a need too though so...i think it could work out in the end...dependin who falls where haha :-)

Steelman16
04-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Actually, the way this draft is going, we could something like last year's run on tackles, but with corners/secondary instead.

7willBheaven
04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
The Chargers and Jets have been skipped and the Browns are on the clock...we should have an announcement coming soon.

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-12-2009, 08:11 PM
The Chargers and Jets have been skipped and the Browns are on the clock...we should have an announcement coming soon.

sorry haventbeen around been planning for realatives coming for easter can i get a breif recap on who isnt available?

7willBheaven
04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
sorry haventbeen around been planning for realatives coming for easter can i get a breif recap on who isnt available?

Go to the Pick/Trade Tracker thread...the 2nd page...u'll see the latested order/picks/etc posted

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Chargers take : ray maualuga usc

Jets Take : Josh Freeman QB Kansas ST

7willBheaven
04-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I would just like to update everyone on the various players i have on the trading block...if anyone else has any please post them...

Browns: QB Anderson, WR Edwards

Cardinals: WR Boldin, RB James

PM me with offers....

The Definiti0n
04-13-2009, 12:45 AM
[B]ATTENTION[/B MODS[B][/B

Is there anyway that the mods could grade this draft. But not by the team by the users. Like I have the 49ers Bills and the Texans. Grade when Im done on my GM skillz

The Definiti0n
04-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Is there anyway that the mods could grade this draft. But not by the team by the users. Like I have the 49ers Bills and the Texans. Grade when Im done on my GM skillz[/QUOTE]

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Is there anyway that the mods could grade this draft. But not by the team by the users. Like I have the 49ers Bills and the Texans. Grade when Im done on my GM skillz[/QUOTE]

who are your teams def?

The Definiti0n
04-13-2009, 03:07 AM
49ers,Bills,Texans

7willBheaven
04-13-2009, 11:59 AM
The Browns have a possible trade partner who they are just waiting to hear back from...please stand by...

7willBheaven
04-13-2009, 12:09 PM
The Browns would like to confirm a trade...

Browns get: RB DeAngelo Williams and pick #93

Panthers get: pick #18

Though the Browns could have drafted a D rush specialist (LB/etc), but one of the other biggest needs for the Browns was RB...and Williams is a young former 1st rd talent that easily fills that void...now with 4 picks in the next 2 rounds the Browns will still have the opportunity to fill the other team needs.

MDSteel15
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Carolina needs to give Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme help! They have a pair of studs at RB and could spare one... Trading Williams to the Browns puts them back in the 1st round and brings them dynamic WR Jeremy Maclin, who surprisingly slid this far! Now with a 3 headed monster of RB Stewart, WRs Smith and Maclin, they are my odds on favorite to make it to the Super Bowl out of the NFC, barring any injuries.... :coffee:

7willBheaven
04-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Bucs are on the clock....

Steelers Since '75
04-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Bucs take Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

Lions are on the clock.

MDSteel15
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Bucs take Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

Lions are on the clock.

Very nice pick! :thumbsup:

Steelman16
04-13-2009, 04:31 PM
1st Round - #20 - DETROIT LIONS
James Laurinaitis - ILB - Ohio State

(debated Cushing here, but felt JL was a better fit)

Eagles are on the clock.

7willBheaven
04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
With the 21st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft...the Eagles select..

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

The Eagles couldnt believe Mr Moreno was still here for us to pick, so we could not pass on him. With Brian Westbrook still a threat we now have an awesome 1-2 punch we have been lacking...and incase of injury to Westbrook, we will have Moreno to fall back on!

The Vikings are on the clock...

St33lersguy
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Anyone realize no one took Andre Smith yet?

MDSteel15
04-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Anyone realize no one took Andre Smith yet?

:toofunny: :rofl: :popcorn:

MDSteel15
04-14-2009, 01:44 AM
With the 21st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft...the Eagles select..

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

The Eagles couldnt believe Mr Moreno was still here for us to pick, so we could not pass on him. With Brian Westbrook still a threat we now have an awesome 1-2 punch we have been lacking...and incase of injury to Westbrook, we will have Moreno to fall back on!

The Vikings are on the clock...

How do you not take Kenny Britt to go opposite DeShawn Jackson? :noidea:

7willBheaven
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM
How do you not take Kenny Britt to go opposite DeShawn Jackson? :noidea:

The Eagles have a few other capable WRs that can do the job for now...RB though...all the Eagles have behind Westbrook is Lorenzo Booker...and with Westbrook getting hurt almost each year it seems...RB is an easy no brainer pick...especially someone with the talent of Moreno...and i truely wouldnt be surprised if come the REAL draft that the Eagles do select an RB with one of their 2 first round picks.

7willBheaven
04-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Also the Vikings have been skipping and the Patriots are on the clock...and their pick has been sent to me..

With the 23rd pick in the Draft the Patriots select....

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

--------------------------------------------

The Falcons are now on the clock....

steelerdave1969
04-14-2009, 12:32 PM
The Atlanta Falcons make the first suprise pick of the 1st round here...
OLB Clint Sintim at 6'3 256 lbs From Virginia

He is a great passrusher and the Falcons need that on their defense with the top DT's already taken in the draft.

7willBheaven
04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Dolphins are up....

Steely McSmash
04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Dolphins are up....

Dolphins select Andre Smith OT Alabama

Vikings / ratbirds are up

St33lersguy
04-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Dolphins select Andre Smith OT Alabama

Vikings / ratbirds are up

???. The Dolphins don't need a tackle do they?

Steely McSmash
04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
???. The Dolphins don't need a tackle do they?

No they don't need one. I think Parcells would jump at the value here. Andre Smith is an upgrade at RT.

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-14-2009, 10:46 PM
No they don't need one. I think Parcells would jump at the value here. Andre Smith is an upgrade at RT.

Damn , i was hoping he would drop one more... But with the Ratbird pic we are going to take....

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
CB and LB are some needs for the team at this pick. But Ray McStabin is back and the I dont see a CB worth picking at this time so the Ratbirds take a play maker

Hakeem Nick WR UNC

7willBheaven
04-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Colts are on the clock

MDSteel15
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Yoohoo Shutdown.....Where are you???

The Definiti0n
04-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Yoohoo Shutdown.....Where are you???

LOL Yea why do people do this.:noidea::noidea:

MDSteel15
04-15-2009, 10:36 AM
LOL Yea why do people do this.:noidea::noidea:

He is also the Vikings!!!

7willBheaven
04-15-2009, 11:54 AM
The Colts are skipped and my Eagles are on the clock...i should have a pick in a bit.

As far as the teams who havent picked...if they have not announced their picks by the time everyone else is done in Round 1...then i will randomly select players for them...based on mock drafts/etc. So that we may start Round 2 w/o waiting.

Steelers Since '75
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
The Colts are skipped and my Eagles are on the clock...i should have a pick in a bit.

As far as the teams who havent picked...if they have not announced their picks by the time everyone else is done in Round 1...then i will randomly select players for them...based on mock drafts/etc. So that we may start Round 2 w/o waiting.

If you want to assign another team to me I don't mind... I am on here pretty frequently so I could make some picks as well... your choice... just throwing it out there.

MDSteel15
04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
If you want to assign another team to me I don't mind... I am on here pretty frequently so I could make some picks as well... your choice... just throwing it out there.

Same here, I'll take one!

7willBheaven
04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Same here, I'll take one!

Maybe what i could do...is like temporairly assign a team...and then when the original GM shows up he can have them back....

MDSteel15
04-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe what i could do...is like temporairly assign a team...and then when the original GM shows up he can have them back....

ok :coffee:

7willBheaven
04-15-2009, 01:43 PM
With that being said i am temporarily giving the Vikings to MDSteel.....and the Colts to Steelers Since 75....if/when Shutdown comes back he will get his teams back.

MDSteel15
04-15-2009, 01:50 PM
The Minnesota Vikings select WR Kenny Britt of Rutgers!

7willBheaven
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
The Eagles select...

Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OK State

After loosing LJ Smith, the Eagle have a shortage at TE, and Pettigrew is the BEST TE in this draft, excellent receiver and excellent blocker, which will fit perfect in the Eagles scheme. And give McNabb another new weapon!

MDSteel15
04-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Colts are up if they have a pick!!!

Steelers Since '75
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Colts select Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

Now Mike Pollock can move to Center and they solidify their line.

Giants are on the clock.

7willBheaven
04-15-2009, 10:24 PM
The Cardinals would like to announce a trade...

Giants get: WR A. Boldin & pick #167

Cardinals get: picks #29 & #91

The trade was first propose to us a couple days ago...which i said could be do-able...and then i suggest one other alternative to the Giants, which they did not like so I accepted the initial offer.

I was hoping the Giants GM would be around, but i have no seen where they have been on since yesterday early evening...so instead of holding things up i figured i'd go ahead an announce it to keep things going so we can finish this round very soon and move onto the 2nd round.

7willBheaven
04-15-2009, 10:33 PM
With that being said....

With the 29th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Cardinals select...

Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State

With the Cardinals switching to the 3-4, we need more 3-4 DE's, after looking over the roster, we really only have about 3 guys who have the SIZE to play DE in a 3-4 (vs. 5 starting calibar LBs and 4 backup LBs, DE was more of a need to be addressed this early), and we could not pass up on Jarron.

Also the Cardinals would like to remind everyone that RB Edgerrin James is still on the trading block, we would even accept a mid round pick for him.

The Titans are on the clock...though i have a feeling the pick is going to have to be made for them...

The Duke
04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
if Shutdown doesn't show up can I have the titans?

7willBheaven
04-15-2009, 11:22 PM
if Shutdown doesn't show up can I have the titans?

Sure you can be the temp GM for the Titans...again just like with the others...when/if he comes back he gets them back.

I would wait until morning to turn them over to you...but to speed things up...i'll do it now.

The Duke
04-15-2009, 11:59 PM
The titans select....

Alex Mack, Center, Cal

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 12:04 AM
The titans select....

Alex Mack, Center, Cal

Interesting..I figured a CB would be a better fit here...as thats a bigger need for them. But ok.

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 12:12 AM
With the 31st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Cardinals select...

LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt

With Edge on his way out of AZ, we needed someone to go along with Tim Hightower. Though there are a number of backs that could be picked up later in the draft...we felt that we could not pass up on the talent and potential of LeSean. He (along with our previous pick Gilbert) will have immediate impacts on our team.

The STEELERS are on the clock....

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 11:51 AM
At this point i would normally skip the Steelers and the Lions (since the same person has both teams)...BUT..because it is our STEELERS...i will give a little more time for him to come on and make both picks...however if he doesnt...we will skip them and move on to the Patriots in round 2. Also keep in mind we are going to try to shorting pick time to 6-8 hours to speed things up from here on out.

The Definiti0n
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
ILL TAKE THE STEELERS

The Definiti0n
04-16-2009, 11:55 AM
With the 32nd Pick of the 2009 NFL Draft The SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS SELECT........

The Definiti0n
04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
ALPHONSO SMITH CB WAKE FOREST

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Whoa whoa whoa...i didnt say anybody could have the Steelers yet...you dont just go out and take a team...me or the GM has to approve a team being "loaned" to someone else. And as i said since the same GM has the Steelers AND Lions i was giving them more time!!!! I'm sorry but for right now i am NOT accepting that pick...unless one of 2 things happen...1. the actual GM agrees with it or 2. i decided to give you the team once i deem time is up for the next 2 picks.

I appreciate you wanting to help etc and im not tryin to be an ass...but you dont just jump in and do that...as you can see the other people i have "loaned" teams too asked and were granted my permission...be it in the thread and/or via PM

MDSteel15
04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, and hopefully the DON'T TAKE freaking Alphonso Smith!!!

The Definiti0n
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
lol :chuckle:lol...ok. But on Draft Day when the Steelers actually Alphonso " Prime" Smith your going to be like, "Man Def was right. How did he know?, He must be a genius.

MDSteel15
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
With the tackles that are left on this board, you should be filling that need! CB isn't a bigger need....

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Also for those who are coming up after the Steelers/Lions (the pats/rams/etc) please be ready to pick...or PM me your picks so we can move quickly once we move on from these 2 picks.

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Welp I'm goin to step in and just make the next 2 picks for steelman...IF he wants to change them...that is his choice...but since i am familar with the needs of these 2 teams...i will make the picks myself...just to keep things moving..

------------------------------------------

with the 32nd pick in the 2009 Draft the Steelers select...

William Beatty, OT, Conn.

This is an obvious need...and i have seen some places that we take him in the 1st...though it all depends where people fall..Gilbert and Mack are gone so this is the next best bet. He can be LT...move Starks to RT and Colon RG even. OL/DL are bigger needs than CB..we could get a decent CB in the 3rd/4th rounds.
---------------------------------------------
with the 33rd overall pick in the 2009 Draft the Lions select...

Eben Britton, OT, AZ

With the Lions going QB and LB in the 1st...they need some help in the OL to protect that new franchise QB.
-------------------------------

The Patriots are on the clock....

The Duke
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
With the start of the 2nd round the bears are announcing they want more picks in the draft and are accepting offers for both picks and players

obvious players like Cutler Forte Urlacher are not trade able

MDSteel15
04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
With the start of the 2nd round the bears are announcing they want more picks in the draft and are accepting offers for both picks and players

obvious players like Cutler Forte Urlacher are not trade able

LoL... they don't have any one else!

The Duke
04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
hester? lol

Steelman16
04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Why'd I get skipped!? It wasn't more than 12 hours, was it?

But anyway, good picks.

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Why'd I get skipped!? It wasn't more than 12 hours, was it?

But anyway, good picks.

It was actually about 15 hours that was given...and we're trying to cut down on the time since we're moving at a snails pace...i gave you extra time since you have been helpful on here and usually are quick/good at making picks...but i cant hold things up forever. This 2nd round is gonna be 6-8 hours and people will be skipped or picks made for them.

I'm glad you like the picks...like i said if you werent happy with em i'd let you change them...but since you ok with them we're good to go then.

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 08:33 PM
ALSO...(important)

One request to make things easier for me...if you PM me your team(s) picks...please put the team(s) in the subject...like "Cleveland & Arizona round 2 picks" or something...so it'll be easier for me to find the right team in my PMs (i cant remember who has who w/out referring to the list haha).

And please remember...if your team(s) pick is over 1 team away...put your like top 3-5 players you'd like. Because if you give me ONE player and your team is 3 picks away...theres a chance that person is gone. And if your pick is 7 teams away...you may need to PM a top 10 list and so on. Because just PMing me one pick and that person ends up being gone when your turn is up...thats going to defeat the purpose of PMing me your pick.

Steely McSmash
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
At pick 2.2 Patriots select RB donald brown

The Duke
04-16-2009, 11:17 PM
The Rams select....

Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Browns on the clock....

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Another tidbit...

If you are on here early in the morning (6-10am)...and you see that the team before you hasnt picked...and has been on the clock since say 1am or something...feel free to announce they have been skipped and make your pick....that way we dont loose 5-6 hours in the morning waiting for me to skip them if they havent picked.

Now this is just for the morning not anytime you feel like it. Again another step to speed things up.

MDSteel15
04-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Well hurry up! LoL

7willBheaven
04-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Well hurry up! LoL

hahaha...CRAP...the browns are my team arent they...haha...man with all the crap ive been tryin to do...for some reason i was thinkin i didnt have them haha..ooops...
ok ok...hang on....

MDSteel15
04-17-2009, 12:01 AM
hahaha...CRAP...the browns are my team arent they...haha...man with all the crap ive been tryin to do...for some reason i was thinkin i didnt have them haha..ooops...
ok ok...hang on....

Lot of work aint it!

7willBheaven
04-17-2009, 12:02 AM
With the 36th pick in the NFL Draft...the Browns select...

Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, PSU

The Browns need a rush OLB, and with Maybin we will be getting that...we cannot believe he fell to us in the 2nd round, there were a couple other options, but we feel he is the best way for us to go!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIA PM

With the 37th pick in the NFL Draft the Seahawks select...

Andre Brown, RB, NC State

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

7willBheaven
04-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Crap...the Bengals are ShutDowns team...anyone wanna volunteer to temporarily take them over? Perferably someone who isnt already a TEMP GM here....if so someone make the pick and move on to the next team please....

MDSteel15
04-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Crap...the Bengals are ShutDowns team...anyone wanna volunteer to temporarily take them over? Perferably someone who isnt already a TEMP GM here....if so someone make the pick and move on to the next team please....

Bengals select Ziggy Hood DT from Missouri

MDSteel15
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Jacksonville selects OT Phil Loadholt from Oklahoma

Steelers Since '75
04-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Excuse me but I have the Rams... why are people picking for me????

Steelers Since '75
04-17-2009, 07:06 AM
I was on at 9:30 last night and the Pats were on the clock... this morning when I get up I see people have selected for me... I did not want Robiske... that is for sure... Rams would have selected Cushing... kind of BS!

The Duke
04-17-2009, 07:46 AM
I was on at 9:30 last night and the Pats were on the clock... this morning when I get up I see people have selected for me... I did not want Robiske... that is for sure... Rams would have selected Cushing... kind of BS!

Dude....totally my fault. I'm not sure why I thought the rams were mine, I guess I confused them with the raiders

you can have the raiders' pick if you want, if that makes it better

Steelers Since '75
04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Dude....totally my fault. I'm not sure why I thought the rams were mine, I guess I confused them with the raiders

you can have the raiders' pick if you want, if that makes it better

I don't have an issue with this as much as I did if I had been skipped because of a time issue. I have been pretty on top of tjhis draft thread so I found it to be a little unfair if I had been skipped overnight. No hard feelings and yes I would like to select Brian Cushing for the Rams...

7willBheaven
04-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah guys...c'mon...you should know what teams you have...i shouldnt have to always double check and make sure your picking for your team!!! The only teams that are not yours that you should be picking for are ShutDowns teams that i have "loaned out" to TEMP GM's.

Since 75...i adjusted the pick to Cushing...i didnt even realize he wasnt picked in the 1st. Wow.

Now DUKE...i'm assuming you want Robiskie for the Raiders pick...so thats who i am putting...if you want to change it fine we can...

PACKERS are on the clock...

BehindSteelCurtain
04-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Someone took my pick...I am the Bengals.

7willBheaven
04-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Someone took my pick...I am the Bengals.

Ok that one is my fault haha...last night was a rough night for me...as you can tell i forgot i had the Browns haha. And i just realized i looked at the Team/Member listing before you joined (aka the wrong one)...when the Bengals were shutdowns team...

So if you dont like their pick then change it...its not that hard...you guys dont have to wait for me on stuff like this...an error was made...if you dont like the pick change it...now if its a day or 2 later..no..your not going to get to change it...if its within 24 hours...i'll allow it....EXCEPT for ShutDowns actual teams (Colts, Titans and Vikings)...those cannot be changed.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok that one is my fault haha...last night was a rough night for me...as you can tell i forgot i had the Browns haha. And i just realized i looked at the Team/Member listing before you joined (aka the wrong one)...when the Bengals were shutdowns team...

So if you dont like their pick then change it...its not that hard...you guys dont have to wait for me on stuff like this...an error was made...if you dont like the pick change it...now if its a day or 2 later..no..your not going to get to change it...if its within 24 hours...i'll allow it....EXCEPT for ShutDowns actual teams (Colts, Titans and Vikings)...those cannot be changed.

Can you change the Bengals pick to Darius Butler, CB, Conneticut

Steely McSmash
04-17-2009, 07:40 PM
with pick 2.9 Packers Select Ron Brace NT BC

7willBheaven
04-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Can you change the Bengals pick to Darius Butler, CB, Conneticut

Done

7willBheaven
04-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Bills/49ers on the clock (same GM)....

7willBheaven
04-17-2009, 11:20 PM
la la la la

MDSteel15
04-18-2009, 12:19 AM
The real draft is only 6 days away!!! tic toc tic toc

7willBheaven
04-18-2009, 12:46 AM
The real draft is only 6 days away!!! tic toc tic toc

Yeah and we'll be lucky we get round 2 done.

The Definiti0n
04-18-2009, 07:32 AM
With the 42 pick of the 2009 NFL Draft the Bills select......

Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina

The Definiti0n
04-18-2009, 07:36 AM
With the 43rd pick of the NFL Draft the 49ers select

Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest

The Definiti0n
04-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Mel Kiper,"Starter Walt Harris will be 35-years-old this fall and has been in the league 14 years. Smith will bring some much needed youth and versatility to the postion.

Chris Berman," This may be the steal of the 2009 draft".

Chris Mortensen," I am going to go out on a limb and say years from now teams are going to be kicking themselves for passing up on the young man from Wake Forest".

Steelman16
04-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Mel Kiper,"Starter Walt Harris will be 35-years-old this fall and has been in the league 14 years. Smith will bring some much needed youth and versatility to the postion.

Chris Berman," This may be the steal of the 2009 draft".

Chris Mortensen," I am going to go out on a limb and say years from now teams are going to be kicking themselves for passing up on the young man from Wake Forest".

:laughing:

Steelman16
04-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Dolphins are on the clock

7willBheaven
04-18-2009, 12:41 PM
via pm...

w/ the 44th pick the Dolphins select....

Sean Smith, DB, Utah

-------------------------------

Giants are on the clock...

7willBheaven
04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm going to put a 2nd team on the clock with the Giants to speed things up...and that would be the Texans...players are first come first serve.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-18-2009, 10:52 PM
someone can take over the giants and bengals. i won't be able to finish it.

MDSteel15
04-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Giants select G Andy Levitre from Oregon State

7willBheaven
04-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Texans have been skipped now the Patriots and Broncos are on the clock...

I updated the team lists also on the Tracker page..I need someone besides myself, MD, or Steelers Since 75 to take over the Titans. Please let me know who wants em....it doesnt look like ShutDown will be back...though if he does return he will get his teams back (Colts, Vikes, Titans)...also I am taking over the Bungles!

The Definiti0n
04-19-2009, 12:45 PM
How am I skipped when I PMed my pick? People have lives and jobs and families. We cant sit in front of the PC like some dork hittin the refresh button. 7willbeheaven check ur inbox

The Definiti0n
04-19-2009, 01:32 PM
The Texan Select ...

Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

7willBheaven
04-19-2009, 03:37 PM
How am I skipped when I PMed my pick? People have lives and jobs and families. We cant sit in front of the PC like some dork hittin the refresh button. 7willbeheaven check ur inbox

Sorry I have nothing from you in my inbox...just relax...its not the end of the world if you get skipped...this is just for fun remember.

--------------------------
VIA PM..

with the 47th pick in round 2...the Patriots select...

Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina

-------------------------

with the 48th pick in the 2nd round...the Broncos select...

Michael Johnson - DE - GA Tech

-----------------------------

The Bears and Browns are on the clock (the Browns will pick momentarily)

7willBheaven
04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
with the 50th pick in the 09 draft the Browns select...

Connor Barwin, OLB/DE, Cinn

Another great pass rushing LB to add with Maybin...look out AFC North!

BEARS and COWBOYs on the clock...

The Duke
04-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Da Bears select....

Derrick Williams, WR Penn State