PDA

View Full Version : TO running his mouth -- again

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Poor Owens always the victim and someone is always conspiring against him :toofunny:

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090327.wspt-owens-jones-27/GSStory/GlobeSportsFootball/home

Wide receiver Terrell Owens believes Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reneged on a personal commitment to keep him on contract, and suggested that the owner's son, Stephen Jones, the executive vice-president of the NFL team, was behind his release this month.

"You hear all the speculation, and you talk to the owner of the team, and he reassures you, you're not going anywhere and then, out of left-field you get blindsided," Owens, 35, said in an interview with Rogers Sportsnet, to be broadcast tomorrow evening.

Owens, who had signed a four-year contract extension with Dallas last summer, will instead play with the Buffalo Bills on a one-year contract in the 2009 season. With his production having dropped after signing the $34-million (all currency U.S.) deal last June, he became expendable when the Cowboys traded three draft picks to the Detroit Lions in October for Roy Williams, who signed a $45-million extension, with $27-million guaranteed. Owens was also considered to be a divisive locker room presence.

"I know whole-heartedly he [Jerry Jones] wanted me there," Owens said. "There were some people I know who got in his ear that pressured him to make that decision. For that, it's sad. You let two or three people conspire to get me out of the situation."

Owens caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns last season. When Jones released Owens, he said: "You take age as a consideration. In this particular case, we have an outstanding player in Roy Williams, and it was a significant factor in the decision I made to release Terrell."

Why Buffalo?

"Why not?" Owens said. "They were really after me, they wanted me, despite everything that had been said negatively about me. It was a no-brainer."

Owens told USA Today he doesn't report for voluntary workouts by custom, and won't change his routine for the Bills.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2009, 02:15 PM
What else would you expect from this bag o' douche?

fansince'76
03-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Badmouthing his former team? Didn't see that coming. :yawn:

Edman
03-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately, this jackhole is going to the hall of fame someday. He may be a ringless jackass, but he has produced on the field.

He's been such a headache to his former teams that I'm not surprised that they disown him at the ceremony. I definately know the Eagles and Niners will.

"TO played for us" is not exactly a badge of honor, it's an old shame.

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
so i guess telling the truth is now considered bad-mouthing...

arlightly then... i would hate to see how u ppl would re-act when someone tells u the truth about something they don't like

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2009, 03:11 PM

arlightly then... i would hate to see how u ppl would re-act when someone tells u the truth about something they don't like

Jerry Jones doesn't let people push him around, Jerry Jones makes all decisions when it comes to the Cowboys.

Maybe Owens doesn't believe that he's a locker room cancer. But I am pretty sure Jones never guaranteed Owens a roster spot on the 2009 Dallas Cowboys, he even said months ago when the Owens could be released story broke that it is a possibility.

Owens is just acting like a jaded lover.

fansince'76
03-28-2009, 04:20 PM

Since when does anything this jackass says become the "undisputed truth?" Oh, OK - because he's a good player, he can say anything and/or do anything he damn well pleases and get a pass for it. He can be a selfish "ME, ME, ME" dickhead his entire career, tear every goddamn locker room he sets foot in apart, and yet the team/FO is in the wrong, 'cause he's "The Mighty T.O." Got it.

St33lersguy
03-28-2009, 04:39 PM
T.O. is such an a**hole, douchebag, selfish dickweed. This dips*** just does it to draw attention towards himself so he can read about himself on websites & hear about himself on ESPN

Dino 6 Rings
03-28-2009, 04:44 PM
sigh....really what is there to say about TO that hasn't already been said...

Welcome to the Real Conference TO, enjoy your one season in Buffalo.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2009, 05:05 PM
sigh....really what is there to say about TO that hasn't already been said...

Welcome to the Real Conference TO, enjoy your one season in Buffalo.

He's not going to enjoy his one season in the AFC.

He gets to play the Patriots twice, the Dolphins twice, and the Jets twice.

Rex Ryan is going to have that Jets defense hitting hard, the Phins are being built well under the vision of Parcells who will make sure he has a hard hitting defense, and Bellichick always has a hard hitting defense (even if they are old).

Who else do the Bills play this year? The AFC is full of good defenses (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Diego being the top three).

steel striker
03-28-2009, 06:26 PM
There is no I in team but, there is a me. For TO it has always been about me me me and, he is a cancer that is the bills problem now. Maybe after this year no team will want his sorry self.

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Jerry Jones doesn't let people push him around, Jerry Jones makes all decisions when it comes to the Cowboys.

Maybe Owens doesn't believe that he's a locker room cancer. But I am pretty sure Jones never guaranteed Owens a roster spot on the 2009 Dallas Cowboys, he even said months ago when the Owens could be released story broke that it is a possibility.

Owens is just acting like a jaded lover.

obvisouly JJ does let that happen as his decision was based on him, his son and other ppl..

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Since when does anything this jackass says become the "undisputed truth?" Oh, OK - because he's a good player, he can say anything and/or do anything he damn well pleases and get a pass for it. He can be a selfish "ME, ME, ME" dickhead his entire career, tear every goddamn locker room he sets foot in apart, and yet the team/FO is in the wrong, 'cause he's "The Mighty T.O." Got it.

answer me this... was i talking about his CAREER??

no.. i was talking about this part, and it is true when reports came out and even JJ said that he had ppl coming in and talking to him about releasing owens..

so maybe u should think b4 writing and see what i actually post instead of blabbering :hatsoff:

and again maybe u and a lot of ppl on this board.. should take off the blinders.. i mean shit.. after a few incidents u are going to give the man the shaft evrytime..

if thats the case,.. i guess i can shaft evryone after they do something thats not "right" like under-age drinking, or doing drugs.. even if it is 1 time...

fansince'76
03-28-2009, 06:42 PM
answer me this... was i talking about his CAREER??

no.. i was talking about this part, and it is true when reports came out and even JJ said that he had ppl coming in and talking to him about releasing owens..

so maybe u should think b4 writing and see what i actually post instead of blabbering :hatsoff:

and again maybe u and a lot of ppl on this board.. should take off the blinders.. i mean shit.. after a few incidents u are going to give the man the shaft evrytime..

if thats the case,.. i guess i can shaft evryone after they do something thats not "right" like under-age drinking, or doing drugs.. even if it is 1 time...

And people like "u" should take off the blinders and stop blaming everybody BUT the player when they demonstrate a HISTORY of this type of behavior. How many "incidents" have to occur before assclowns like this stop getting a pass? How many teams does this idiot have to wear out his welcome with in PRECISELY THE SAME MANNER before the blame stops getting pointed at the teams, owners, coaches, and every other player EXCEPT the jackass in question? Sorry, but you're the only one "blabbering" and defending this idiot because he wore out his welcome with yet another team and placing the blame everywhere except where it belongs - firmly in T.O.'s lap. But you keep right on drinking that T.O. Kool-Aid and keep believing that it was all a big "conspiracy" on the part of the mean ol' front office and Jerry Jones as the reason that T.O. is no longer in Dallas instead of T.O.'s own assholish behavior. :hatsoff:

tyler289
03-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't really fault TO here. He's just airing his reasons as to why he was released. No big deal. He's probably right.

So far he hasn't done anything in Buffalo. He may be a douche, but right now, he has yet to make a comment or something worth noting.

fansince'76
03-28-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't really fault TO here. He's just airing his reasons as to why he was released. No big deal. He's probably right.

Another option would've been keeping his big mouth shut about it, or keeping it to something like "it's a business," and leaving it at that, but I guess professionalism has never been an option with this clown. No, he's gotta spew about a big "conspiracy" against him and play "victim" again. The same way he spouted off during the season about a "conspiracy" between Romo and Witten drawing up plays between them without his input to shut him out of the offense and in so doing, effectively divided yet another locker room he's been a part of. But like I said, since he posts big fantasy numbers he'll get a pass from many for it, just like he always does.

Franco32Harris
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
T.O. has always been a headache for every team he has played on he spends his time running his mouth on and off the field and he is very selfish when it comes to football he would prefer to have 10 catches in a game instead of his team winning the game.

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 09:02 PM
And people like "u" should take off the blinders and stop blaming everybody BUT the player when they demonstrate a HISTORY of this type of behavior. How many "incidents" have to occur before assclowns like this stop getting a pass? How many teams does this idiot have to wear out his welcome with in PRECISELY THE SAME MANNER before the blame stops getting pointed at the teams, owners, coaches, and every other player EXCEPT the jackass in question? Sorry, but you're the only one "blabbering" and defending this idiot because he wore out his welcome with yet another team and placing the blame everywhere except where it belongs - firmly in T.O.'s lap. But you keep right on drinking that T.O. Kool-Aid and keep believing that it was all a big "conspiracy" on the part of the mean ol' front office and Jerry Jones as the reason that T.O. is no longer in Dallas instead of T.O.'s own assholish behavior. :hatsoff:

there u go assuming again...
didn't ur mother tell u that when u assume it makes u look like An a**-hole

if u would know me as a person.. or would read what i have posted in the past, i have hated against T.O and his ego.. and i would hate on anyone depending on the situation..

u always want to jump to conclusions.. like i said in the other post.. u and others always want to look in there past and say he is the guilty one from the get go, and its kind of sad when ppl won't let the past go..

example.. if ur kid would go out and get high as the moon and drunk 1 night and u catch them, evry night after that are u going to think they are going to be guilty of drinking and smoking evrytime??? are u NEVER going to beleive them again??

i agree that owens is a total D-bag... but in THIS situation owens is not at fault.. he answered a ? truthfully...

lilyoder6
03-28-2009, 09:05 PM
T.O. has always been a headache for every team he has played on he spends his time running his mouth on and off the field and he is very selfish when it comes to football he would prefer to have 10 catches in a game instead of his team winning the game.

he is a player that wants to win..

just like the boldin situation... u want to be involved in the winning moments.. it's a competive nature and evryone is like that..

now i agree that owens does take it a lil bit far... but i can't complain that he wants to win

fansince'76
03-28-2009, 11:27 PM
there u go assuming again...
didn't ur mother tell u that when u assume it makes u look like An a**-hole

if u would know me as a person.. or would read what i have posted in the past, i have hated against T.O and his ego.. and i would hate on anyone depending on the situation..

u always want to jump to conclusions.. like i said in the other post.. u and others always want to look in there past and say he is the guilty one from the get go, and its kind of sad when ppl won't let the past go..

example.. if ur kid would go out and get high as the moon and drunk 1 night and u catch them, evry night after that are u going to think they are going to be guilty of drinking and smoking evrytime??? are u NEVER going to beleive them again??

i agree that owens is a total D-bag... but in THIS situation owens is not at fault.. he answered a ? truthfully...

OK, the fact that he divided another locker room by accusing the franchise QB and #1 TE of "conspiring" behind his back to shut him out of the offense by drawing up plays between each other had nothing to do with his release. It was all a conspiracy between Jerry Jones, Jerry Jones' son and others to get him out of Dallas. He was in no way to blame for being shown the door. Poor T.O. is always the misunderstood victim. Poor T.O. is never to blame. It's never poor T.O.'s fault.

And as far as "jumping to conclusions" and "never letting the past go" is concerned, how many times can anyone reasonably look beyond the troubled past behavior of a player and discount it before the obvious pattern simply cannot be brushed off as just a "bad situation for both parties," or a "personality conflict," any longer?

I guess what some folks consider "truthfully answering a question," others consider "playing the same old paranoid conspiracy theorist/victim" card. Like I said in an earlier post, for once T.O. could have acted like a professional and left it at "it's a business" or something similar when asked the question of why he felt he was shown the door in Dallas, but no, instead he spouted off with some half-baked conspiracy theory. The drama with this fool has gotten beyond old. I just thank God that the Steelers don't suffer fools like T.O. regardless of how talented they are.

BrandonCarr39
03-29-2009, 12:20 AM
He's not going to enjoy his one season in the AFC.

He gets to play the Patriots twice, the Dolphins twice, and the Jets twice.

Rex Ryan is going to have that Jets defense hitting hard, the Phins are being built well under the vision of Parcells who will make sure he has a hard hitting defense, and Bellichick always has a hard hitting defense (even if they are old).

Who else do the Bills play this year? The AFC is full of good defenses (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Diego being the top three).

He also has to go up against Shawn Springs(Pats) and Lito Shephard(Jets) yet again-2 of whom who OWNED him when they were with Washington and Philly, respectively, over the last 3 years.

And not to mention too that when he goes up against a Randy Moss team, he takes it VERY personally. I wonder what his reaction will be in their meeting with the Pats if Moss walks into the endzone for the upteenth time.

The worst part about Owens is the MEDIA BAGGAGE he brings. Yeah-sometimes he may merely do "nothing" or "not much"(like these half-baked comments), but nonetheless, given his past history, the media WILL put him under the microscope. All of a sudden, BSPN will air TO stories, some out of thin air, 24/7. His coaches and teammates will be drilled with questions about him 24/7. Pt being that it's only going to WEAR on the team. These distractions are hugely unecessary when they have to concentrate on game planning et al.

BTW-Owens isn't really all that great, despite his "amazing stats". For the most part, he's NOT a great route runner. I can name at least a dozen receivers who run more precise and crisp routes than him. It's alot like saying Tom Cruise is the greatest actor on this planet just b/c his movies make tons of $$$$.

Galax Steeler
03-29-2009, 07:32 AM
What else is new he is never going to change all he is going to do is run that flapper.

Big D
03-29-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't see this deal even lasting the one year. The guy is already skipping voluntary worksouts. I know these workouts aren't mandatory. But still he's gotta be a good teammate

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 10:32 AM
OK, the fact that he divided another locker room by accusing the franchise QB and #1 TE of "conspiring" behind his back to shut him out of the offense by drawing up plays between each other had nothing to do with his release. It was all a conspiracy between Jerry Jones, Jerry Jones' son and others to get him out of Dallas. He was in no way to blame for being shown the door. Poor T.O. is always the misunderstood victim. Poor T.O. is never to blame. It's never poor T.O.'s fault.

with him divinding the locker room there must of been truth behind what romo and witten were doing... evrything is started from a strand of truth

and there is NO WAY that romo and witten would do that right??? b/c evry one on that team is a choir boy and owens was the devil child.
i agree that owens is a d-bag.. but u need to stop the suck fest of evryone else that was part of this and saying they had no part and it was all of owens fault...

and i do agree that owens played a hand in his release but SO DID evryone else and it was not owens himself that got his release

RoethlisBURGHer
03-29-2009, 10:44 AM
with him divinding the locker room there must of been truth behind what romo and witten were doing... evrything is started from a strand of truth

and there is NO WAY that romo and witten would do that right??? b/c evry one on that team is a choir boy and owens was the devil child.
i agree that owens is a d-bag.. but u need to stop the suck fest of evryone else that was part of this and saying they had no part and it was all of owens fault...

and i do agree that owens played a hand in his release but SO DID evryone else and it was not owens himself that got his release

Wow, I guess someone never had a rumor started about them in high school then.

Owens accused Romo and Whitten of conspiring plays behind his back because Romo was going to Whitten more often. Were they conspiring plays? I highly doubt it. Owens has been near the top of the leaders in dropped passes every year he was with Dallas. So I am pretty sure in crunch time situations Romo was looking for Whitten on the play before TO, this way the play had a much better chance of being made.

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Wow, I guess someone never had a rumor started about them in high school then.

Owens accused Romo and Whitten of conspiring plays behind his back because Romo was going to Whitten more often. Were they conspiring plays? I highly doubt it. Owens has been near the top of the leaders in dropped passes every year he was with Dallas. So I am pretty sure in crunch time situations Romo was looking for Whitten on the play before TO, this way the play had a much better chance of being made.

rly??? i had rumors started bout me all the time and with other ppl's GF's....
and half of them were true.... and they were started from a strand of truth.. now some of the things were stretched and some things weren't true.. but it started from what did happen...

again.. evrything comes from a strand of truth.. to which extent that person takes it or how far they stretch is up to them...

fansince'76
03-29-2009, 11:14 AM

Romo and Witten also don't have a history of wearing out their welcomes with teams in the exact same way either. I've never seen Romo and Witten blame things on everybody else and play victim in the media repeatedly. I simply don't believe that Romo and Witten went behind his back, and at the same time, the coaching staff's back and the rest of the team's back to draw up plays between them, sorry. Sometimes there isn't a "strand of truth" behind things that are said. Sometimes a bullshit lie is just that, a flat-out bullshit lie. I'm not carrying on a "suck fest" for anybody here. I simply refuse to give the benefit of the doubt to a guy who has pulled this crap over and over and over again over the course of his entire career. Methinks you need to look past his big fantasy football stats and see the "D-Bag" as you call him for what he ultimately is - a team cancer who refuses to take responsibility for his own actions and resorts to the blame game when the team he plays for finally decides that his play on the field no longer justifies keeping the liability that is his big mouth around any longer.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
rly??? i had rumors started bout me all the time and with other ppl's GF's....
and half of them were true.... and they were started from a strand of truth.. now some of the things were stretched and some things weren't true.. but it started from what did happen...

again.. evrything comes from a strand of truth.. to which extent that person takes it or how far they stretch is up to them...

So...when I was in high school and the rumor started that I got my one friend's sister pregnant was based on some sliver of truth, according to your theory here.

Funny because not only did I never sleep with her, she was never pregnant all through high school.

Not everything is based on truth, a lot of rumors are just pure bullshit.

Did T.O. ever have any proof that Romo and Whitten were concocting plays together in their hotel room? No, he got the other wideouts behind him because if there was any chance this might be happening, then it was affecting their stats in a negative way to.

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Romo and Witten also don't have a history of wearing out their welcomes with teams in the exact same way either. I've never seen Romo and Witten blame things on everybody else and play victim in the media repeatedly. I simply don't believe that Romo and Witten went behind his back, and at the same time, the coaching staff's back and the rest of the team's back to draw up plays between them, sorry. Sometimes there isn't a "strand of truth" behind things that are said. Sometimes a bullshit lie is just that, a flat-out bullshit lie. I'm not carrying on a "suck fest" for anybody here. I simply refuse to give the benefit of the doubt to a guy who has pulled this crap over and over and over again over the course of his entire career. Methinks you need to look past his big fantasy football stats and see the "D-Bag" as you call him for what he ultimately is - a team cancer who refuses to take responsibility for his own actions and resorts to the blame game when the team he plays for finally decides that his play on the field no longer justifies keeping the liability that is his big mouth around any longer.

do u know what a d-bag is???

any who.. like i said in another thread i was active in... i prob over re-acted on this one a wee bit and i apologize...

lilyoder6
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
So...when I was in high school and the rumor started that I got my one friend's sister pregnant was based on some sliver of truth, according to your theory here.

Funny because not only did I never sleep with her, she was never pregnant all through high school.

Not everything is based on truth, a lot of rumors are just pure bullshit.

Did T.O. ever have any proof that Romo and Whitten were concocting plays together in their hotel room? No, he got the other wideouts behind him because if there was any chance this might be happening, then it was affecting their stats in a negative way to.

but do u have proof that they did not???? no u don't and i don't have proof that they did..

so it's rly going to be a pissing match and i don't want to endulge more than i have too