PDA

View Full Version : (besides Divisional opponents) who'd you like to play yearly?

4xSBChamps
03-28-2009, 12:18 PM
..... in regards to the 'Steelers' Tomlin believes in rivalry' thread, and in-light of talk that the NFL will go to a 17th game in the Regular Season, who would you like to see 'em Stillers play, on a yearly, alternating-site basis, besides a current Divisional opponent (Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Cleveland)?

Adding a 'yearly-rival' would allow the current scheduling to remain intact (opposite Conference Divisions every 4th year), and build excitement and more rivalries League-wide.

Joining the NFL the same seasons at 'em Stillers, and being cross-state rivals, I'd think it'd be natural to play Philthadelphia every season;
who's YOUR choice?

ricksteelers55
03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I dunno for u but i have the feeling that the Patriots would play the Lions just so the Pats could have at least one more win

but yeah Eagles or Cowboys would be a nice one

devilsdancefloor
03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
id like to play the faguars and the tits every year. i kinda long for the afc central days at times.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Probably the Eagles or the Cowboys.

WWIIOwheelz
03-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Cowboys or Raiders, for me. I love those games like few others.

The Duke
03-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Cowboys

Love to see them get exposed as frauds

Edman
03-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Patriots.

It really sucks to lose to them, but it felt so sweet to beat them last year. Steelers don't play them in 2009, unfortunately.

OneForTheToe
03-28-2009, 02:56 PM
If this is the way they are going to do it, I'd say Eagles would be the logical choice. And they should play the game at the local High School stadium. Tickets will be $ 10.00, a beer $2.00, a hot dog a buck .......

Oh, and I'm Batman.

Dino 6 Rings
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Kansas City...this way I know the Steelers are playing within driving distance to my house at least once every two years.

Steeler in Carolina
03-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I say the Redskins. That way, when we play in DC it would be like another home game.

tyler289
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I say Washington, so that I can talk trash to all my friends who are 'Skins fans.

Avoid LLoyd1975
03-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I'd like to put a beat down on the Chargers every year.

Avoid LLoyd1975
03-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Actually, lets make the extra game a Ravens night game in Pitt.

St33lersguy
03-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Lions, an easy win

triphahn
03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Has to be the Cowboys. Played in three super bowls and the americas team hype. Don't know for sure but got to be close to the two most followed teams in the NFL.

steelwall
03-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Titans....just because I can't stand Jeff Fishy for some reason...

Hammer Of The GODS
03-28-2009, 11:40 PM
As long as Marsha Brady is the QB and Bellicheat is thier coach I want the patsies every year so we can smash thier GD faces in! :mallet:

I will always cheer for the Steelers against any opponent but against the patsies I would cheer even if I was on fire! :tt03:

BILL BELLICHECK AND TOM BRADY CAN SWING FROM MY ASS HAIR !

Galax Steeler
03-29-2009, 06:15 AM
I would have to say the Pats or Green Bay but he no.1 choice would be the Pats.

Godfather
03-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Saints, so I can got o a game every 2 years instead of every 8.

Muppet13
03-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Colts

HometownGal
03-29-2009, 05:27 PM
The Colts and the Cheats* so we can experiencing yearly watching Peytoon and Ass Chin crying like little bitches when the Dynamic Duo makes 'em eat turf burgers 4-5 times a game. :applaudit::tt03:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Bears,....for purely selfish reasons. (I could go to a Steelers game every other year by just driving 1 1/2 hours)

devilsdancefloor
03-29-2009, 06:24 PM
As long as Marsha Brady is the QB and Bellicheat is thier coach I want the patsies every year so we can smash thier GD faces in! :mallet:

I will always cheer for the Steelers against any opponent but against the patsies I would cheer even if I was on fire! :tt03:

BILL BELLICHECK AND TOM BRADY CAN SWING FROM MY ASS HAIR !

I got this image in my mind now thanks! All i can see is braded butt hair with brady swing on it like tarzan! Thanks i need a beer to wash that image out of my mind and i have no beer and in indiana i cant go buy on sunday!:wink02::laughing:

CPanther95
03-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I'd say the Eagles. But not a chance that they'd add a 17th game against the same opponent each year. Plus it would screw up the scheduling every 3 or 4 years when their 17th game is on their normal 16 game schedule rotation.

They are leaning heavily toward going to 18 games instead, and in that case, the most logical thing would be to add the same-ranked teams from two NFC divisions - leaving out the division that was played the year before. For this upcoming season, that would mean adding the Panthers and the Cardinals. That would also mean that every division winner would end up playing 6 of the 7 other division winners the following year - every year.

In the unlikely event that they go to 17, they'd probably only do it if they wanted everyone to play a neutral site game each year (England, Germany, Canada, Los Angeles, Honolulu, etc.) so that the home/away balance wouldn't get screwed up.

But adding in 2 more same-ranked opponents makes the previous year's finish carry even more weight - and that trend further towards parity is going to be hard for them to pass up.

steelerdave1969
03-29-2009, 06:50 PM
This is a easy one for me... cuz I hate the CowBoys!!

BlastFurnace
03-29-2009, 07:46 PM
It doesn't matter to me. We could play the best High School team in Pittsburgh and my stomach would be in knotts before the game.

stlrtruck
03-30-2009, 06:42 AM
patriots* until we beat them back to the bottom of the AFCE and then change it up!

iceman000123
03-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Carolina. Apparently beating them in the pre-season every year isn't enough for other Carolinians. So stomping them in the regular season will def. silence the Panther Fans that think so highly of themselves

revefsreleets
03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
The Colts and the Cheats* so we can experiencing yearly watching Peytoon and Ass Chin crying like little bitches when the Dynamic Duo makes 'em eat turf burgers 4-5 times a game. :applaudit::tt03:

Absolutely. I'd go as far as saying until they can put a competitive product on the field, we drop one game each with the Browns and Bungles and add the Pats and Colts every year. We obviously rise to the occasion when we have a tough schedule, so why not?

steelreserve
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I would have to say the Pats or Green Bay but he no.1 choice would be the Pats.

Funny, that's exactly what I would've said. Packers have gone from my #1 most-hated team to #2 since they had those shitty seasons and Favre left. Right now, nothing would give me more satisfaction than a chance to beat the crap out of Golden Boy every year. I honestly don't think they can beat us anymore now that they can't cheat.

Kaeg
03-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I think I may lean toward the Jags. We always seem to have a real good physical game when we play them. .....unless that kind of physical game takes too much a toll. Then I'd probably want to play a finesse type team instead to preserve us a little better.

steelreserve
03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
I think I may lean toward the Jags. We always seem to have a real good physical game when we play them. .....unless that kind of physical game takes too much a toll. Then I'd probably want to play a finesse type team instead to preserve us a little better.

I don't know ... it seems like the Jags have fallen down a few notches and might not be as tough and physical as they used to be.

Even if they recapture their former tough selves, I don't know if I would pick them. Looking back, the Jags were always a good game in the sense that it was always a very competitive contest. But most of the time, it was an agonizing slog where we got shoved around by big fat guys and Parker had 29 yards rushing on 18 carries. And even if we won, we didn't get the same sense of pride like if we dickstomped the Patriots.

Edman
04-04-2009, 03:33 PM
The Jaguars 2004-2006 were a great tough matchup. They had the toughness of the Steelers. If they were a tough game, it was because they were a tough team. With a tough defensive mentality. All three games were low scoring slugfests/defensive stalemates.

Yeah, they beat us twice in 2007. But in the back of my mind they were lacking the toughness on Defense that they used to have. The 2007 Jags beat the Steelers because our Defense couldn't stop them when it counted. Not because their defense imposed their will. Willie Parker (who the Jags shut down in 2005 and 2006) ripped them to shreds in the first game.

2008 in Jacksonville confirmed that the Jags lost their physicality and gotten soft on D. The Steelers moved up and down the field with ease on their defense. The 26-21 score didn't indiciate how dominant Pittsburgh was that night.

Steely McSmash
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
definitely pats until the score is settled.

steelersfanman92
04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I would have to go with the Colts, those are always exciting games