PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis what the,,,,,

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 08:02 PM
What the heck is he saying that" we aren`t going to sit around and cry like thier quarterback did"

What is that suppose to mean??

Don`t wimp out now Lewis

This was from his lie press conference after the game.

He also hinted that he thought Kimo`s hit was cheap

AvoidLLoyd95
01-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. Just sour apples I guess about when Ben complained they were going after his knees in that one game. See you next year Marv. Too bad about Carson, but it wasn't a cheap shot.

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I HAD alot of respesct for Marvin Lewis before the game, now I think he is a whiny *&*&^

Brady12
01-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I didn't lose respect for him, it was a tough loss to take for him, and I don't change any views on him after the outcome. I'm sure had Pittsbrugh lost, you'd all be pissed off, and saying dumb things. Well some of you anyways.

Ambridge
01-08-2006, 08:16 PM
I posted a thread about Marvin and his sourgrapes comment in the Blast Furnace for those of you who would like to express yourselves in a more profane way.

:jerkit: Marvin

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
But come on, saying that thier not going to sit around and cry like our quarterback

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Look at it like this....

When you are just minutes removed from a game, you are thrust in front of cameras. When you're a head coach, YOU HAVE TO TALK TO THE MEDIA. It's league policy. Of course, Marvin is going say things. He's human. Cowher has said things. Everyone says things. Why do you think Vermeil cries all the time. Why do you think Jim Mora blows up and doesn't have a job in the NFL (referring to Sr. not Jr.). Emotion. It makes you say the things that not everyone likes to hear.

Atlanta Dan
01-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Brady 12 - I don't recall Cowher complaining about the shot to Ben's knee (which did draw a flag) in December; maybe Marvin should call out the OL who blocked Kimo into Palmer.

Lewis sees his plans for the next 10 years in flames; I am sorry it happened but losers gripe and winners say shut up and deal.

clevestinks
01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Motley I understand what your saying! But to points finger at Ben? And if he still feels that was a cheap shot on palmer , he is sadly mistaken. Even Kitna just said, " I`ve known Kimo along time. There is no way it was a cheap shot"

Brady12
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Brady 12 - I don't recall Cowher complaining about the shot to Ben's knee (which did draw a flag) in December; maybe Marvin should call out the OL who blocked Kimo into Palmer.

Lewis sees his plans for the next 10 years in flames; I am sorry it happened but losers gripe and winners say shut up and deal.

I didn't say anything about Cowher, I was just stating my opinion.

Ambridge
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
It makes you say the things that not everyone likes to hear.

Looks like Marvin got a case of "Chad-itis".
He should have just followed his own advice and shut the hell up...now he looks like the team Ass for a change.

Atlanta Dan
01-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Brady 12- fans say dumb things all the time - head coaches are literally paid millions of dollars to know better - if Marvin Lewis is ticked off boo hoo for him but the fact is he knows the play was not a penalty and even appeared to accept the explanation of the ref as to why no flag was thrown.

S**t happens - Marvin Lewis needs to deal with it (and hire a new D coordinator) rather than throw Ben under the bus

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 08:40 PM
i thought this guy was suppose to be a classy coach. whether you lost or not, if your truly a classy guy, your not going to say something stupid like that, that you're going to regret

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 09:11 PM
I didn't expect it from Marv thats for sure. But I just take it as him letting off steam. Not a good comment to make though.

Tim
01-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Meh... I agree with Motley. These immediate press conferences are kinda dumb. You get a bunch of idiot media types asking the same stupid questions. Guys who are completely ignoring the GAME and instead focusing every question on the injury that happened on what, their second or third offensive play.

I'll excuse him some snippy comments. If Lewis is the class act everyone think he is, he'll back off that kinda junk after he's had a few nights to sleep on it.

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 09:38 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Gr8N8/tx_0108_palmer_getty.jpg

Things like this are going to start emotion in players and coaches. I would have been surprised if nobody talked about it after the game.

If you talked to me after just looking at that pic, I'd blow up. It's a case of trying to hold in your emotions. That's why they tell you not to saying something when you are in the heat of the moment. Happens to everybody, even classy people.

tony hipchest
01-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I didn't lose respect for him, it was a tough loss to take for him, and I don't change any views on him after the outcome. I'm sure had Pittsbrugh lost, you'd all be pissed off, and saying dumb things. Well some of you anyways. thats good and al,l but were fans. bill cowher wouldnt be saying that crap!

SteelersFever
01-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Marvin Lewis just wants to make excuses because his team got outplayed. If Palmer doesn't get injured, we still win this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 09:42 PM
LIke I said before, Marvin is a class guy but he's pissed off and upset about the game and palmer.

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
LIke I said before, Marvin is a class guy but he's pissed off and upset about the game and palmer.
And they just signed him for the next 1,000 years. Talk about frustration.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah i know man... i just hate knee injuries, we've been thru them before w/ our players but rest assured man the medical advances we have today will have him back in the lineup !

CantStop85
01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah i know man... i just hate knee injuries, we've been thru them before w/ our players but rest assured man the medical advances we have today will have him back in the lineup !
He basically got the same injury as Daunte Culpepper did...it's gonna be a while before he's back in action. Bad news for Jon Kitna suitors I suppose.

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Gr8N8/tx_0108_palmer_getty.jpg

Things like this are going to start emotion in players and coaches. I would have been surprised if nobody talked about it after the game.

If you talked to me after just looking at that pic, I'd blow up. It's a case of trying to hold in your emotions. That's why they tell you not to saying something when you are in the heat of the moment. Happens to everybody, even classy people.
i know what u mean nate, but look whats on oeolhoffens back....the linemens hands

Grey
01-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Motley Nate:

But you also posted this:

"At worst, he plays with a brace from hear on out. Gives the OL all that more incentive to keep asses like Kimo away. It's just disheartening."

http://forums.cincybengals.com/showthread.php?t=9778&page=2&pp=10

So which way is it, man?

Sorry to bring that thread up twice, but it really burns me.

Here we go.
Grey

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Motley Nate:

But you also posted this:

"At worst, he plays with a brace from hear on out. Gives the OL all that more incentive to keep asses like Kimo away. It's just disheartening."

http://forums.cincybengals.com/showthread.php?t=9778&page=2&pp=10

So which way is it, man?

Sorry to bring that thread up twice, but it really burns me.

Here we go.
Grey
If you read that line again, you can translate it as "IT GIVES THE O-LINE TO DO THEIR JOB AND KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING."

Palmer's injury bothers me. If the O line did their job, Kimo wouldn't be near Carson.

Stop the BS. I also said I was undecided on the intent of the hit. I said he fell forward. I also did say that Kimo wrapped his arm around his leg so it looked different. I don't care for the Steelers thus I can call them asses to my heart's content. It's no surprise I'm a Bengals fan so what's the deal?

Grey
01-08-2006, 10:10 PM
You can all read it for yourselves. I'm done.

Here we go.
Grey

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 10:12 PM
You can all read it for yourselves. I'm done.

Here we go.
Grey
Yep, it says O-line do your job.

issue solved

I.C. Lights
01-08-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm not gonna fault anyone, including Marvin Lewis, for being frustrated when their star quarterback is knocked out of a playoff game. Congrats on a great season, Motley Nate.

bengalsfan21
01-08-2006, 10:39 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/images/01/08/tx_0108_palmer_getty.jpg

You say look whats on his back, ok even if ( I can't really see the number to say who it is) was on him there is no reason for the arm to be locked around his leg like that......Looks to me like he is trying to pull him off not push him down, because he is clearly standing up and bent over.

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm not gonna fault anyone, including Marvin Lewis, for being frustrated when their star quarterback is knocked out of a playoff game. Congrats on a great season, Motley Nate.
You guys were the better team. Good luck against the Colts. I hope Carson's back for the next matchup. Based on the heat we've got building on the fanbase front, it should be another jacked up meeting!

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 10:42 PM
I just saw the replay on NFL Network. I still don't think it was a dirty play. I mean I can understand the frustration and anger you all have towards Kimo. But even TD said he didn't think it was intention.

tony hipchest
01-08-2006, 10:42 PM
i just saw snipets of post game interviews. cowher looked like he lost his own qb. lewis looked like he has a ways to go to match cowher's professional demeanor though. i always respected lewis and gave him mega props for leading the ravens to the sb and turning the bengals franchise around but now i think he is bush league and acts like a piss poor loser.

bengalsfan21
01-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I just saw the replay on NFL Network. I still don't think it was a dirty play. I mean I can understand the frustration and anger you all have towards Kimo. But even TD said he didn't think it was intention.

You guys complain Odell made a cheap shot on Ben....I don't think it was as bad as this one at all.He has his arm locked around the leg how much more cheap can it be.

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Well I guess we can agree to disagree lol

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 10:47 PM
If the O-line does their job, nobody gets that close to Carson.

tony hipchest
01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
You guys complain Odell made a cheap shot on Ben....I don't think it was as bad as this one at all.He has his arm locked around the leg how much more cheap can it be. so kimo couldve held carson up or prevented himself from falling to prevent the injury? just remember ben had a very similar injury happen to him vs. san diego. the difference was about 2 inches. that didnt matter when the afc north crown was handed out

bengalsfan21
01-08-2006, 10:53 PM
so kimo couldve held carson up or prevented himself from falling to prevent the injury? just remember ben had a very similar injury happen to him vs. san diego. the difference was about 2 inches. that didnt matter when the afc north crown was handed out

There was a lot of time in between the throw and the hit....It went fast but he had time to pull back some not go full force....He was not pushed or anything I think it was Steinbach trying to pull him off of him but did not do it in time.

SteelersFever
01-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Some of you guys are just being lil cry babies. It was not intentional at all, so hush. Kimo Von Oelhoffen was bumped and he even tried to stop himself from falling on Carson Palmers leg.

Hey, I'm sorry you lost your QB. But, in football there are injuries. Stop dwelling on the fact and start looking forward to next season.

Sharkissle29
01-09-2006, 12:00 AM
You guys complain Odell made a cheap shot on Ben....I don't think it was as bad as this one at all.He has his arm locked around the leg how much more cheap can it be.
wrapping up his leg had absoloutly no involvment of the injury. it was kimo's weight that he couldnt stop from happening, its called gravity.

CASTEEL
01-09-2006, 12:20 AM
I'ts funny the way things turn in this wonderful game we all love to watch. Just a couple of weeks ago there were those that were crying that Thurman's hit on Ben's knee what a cheep shot.......

Get over it. This crap happens in this game.

See ya next year Bengals.......

SteelCurtain
01-09-2006, 12:42 AM
There was a lot of time in between the throw and the hit....It went fast but he had time to pull back some not go full force....He was not pushed or anything I think it was Steinbach trying to pull him off of him but did not do it in time.

Trying to pull him off are you kidding me? Did you even watch the game or the play when it happened? If you did or would have you would have clearly seen that Kimo was blocked into him. There is in no way that that even remotely looked like Steinbach, or whoever it was, tried to "pull him off" from "diving into the Coveted Prophet's knee." You could also see that Kimo was clearly upset after the play that Palmer was injured due to him falling into him. Before you pull the card that I claim the hit on Roethlisberger's knee was cheap, don't because I said it wasn't and didn't complain about it. Was I upset about it? Yes.. It is a contact sport and stuff like that happens. Get over it. I wish Palmer a speedy recovery, because he is a great player, person, quarterback, and I am loving this Steeler 'n Bengal rivalry :grin: But don't blame the loss on his injury, Kitna did a good job and as for the pulling off thing...I can't take you seriously again...

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 01:07 AM
really no one on this board has *****ed about ANY of the injuries that ben has suffered this year.

have we said we'd be better with ben rather than maddox? sure. but who the hell doesnt know that. have we said wed rather have kitna than maddox? of course. other than that most steelerfans have *****ed about maddox losing the games he lost, not about the guy who hurt ben. try *****ing at kitna for losing the game today and maybe you will see how the steelerfans feel about losing the afc north to the bengals.

SteelerFanInCA
01-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Way to show your class Marvin. Wow and to think this is the same clown who shut down his players from speaking through out the week.

Ambridge
01-09-2006, 03:11 AM

Whatever momentum Kimo had when he was coming down it swung his shoulder and arm around Carson's leg.

Take off the asshat glasses before you watch the play again and you'll notice there was nothing intentional by Kimo.

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2006, 05:03 AM
:blah: :crying03: :blah: :crying03: :blah: :crying03:

Marvin, stop already or Bill is going to send you to your room!

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 05:21 AM
Nobody on T.V. thought it looked intentional! Look at Kimo he was more bummed than anyone! I saw TD also, your right he had no problem with the play

jbattenhouse
01-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Marvin Lewis' post game comments were made in the heat of the moment. He also saw his star QB go down with an injury that has ended many a player's career because a lot of times they are never the same afterwards. A coach's career can also be determined by these plays , since they are the ones fired if the franchise does not win games. Marvin Lewis could very well have seen his own possible demise and all his hard work undone, so I hold no grudge against him for these comments. The hit was not intentional, as the hit on Ben's leg was not intentional either. Personally, I think Ben was out of line when he made that comment after the game and many fans agreed with him. And for those of you praising Cowher for his post game poise, I have seen Bill make an ass out of himself many times and he will even admit it. Bill's poise after the game is understandable since it wasn't his QB that got hurt and he won the game.

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Marvin Lewis' post game comments were made in the heat of the moment. He also saw his star QB go down with an injury that has ended many a player's career because a lot of times they are never the same afterwards. A coach's career can also be determined by these plays , since they are the ones fired if the franchise does not win games. Marvin Lewis could very well have seen his own possible demise and all his hard work undone, so I hold no grudge against him for these comments. The hit was not intentional, as the hit on Ben's leg was not intentional either. Personally, I think Ben was out of line when he made that comment after the game and many fans agreed with him. And for those of you praising Cowher for his post game poise, I have seen Bill make an ass out of himself many times and he will even admit it. Bill's poise after the game is understandable since it wasn't his QB that got hurt and he won the game.

Well, IF it was Bill's QB that went down and IF Bill made the idiotic comments after the game I would be making the same statements that I am right now. I'm not sure if other's could do the same, but I can. If you have a problem, call out the coach, not the player. I don't recall Cowher calling out any Bengal player when Ben felt they were going for the knee's. I don't recall Cowher calling out any of the Charger players when they messed up Ben's knee. Were Marvin Lewis's comment's made in the heat of the moment? Sure. But I'm not about to use that as an excuse for his lame ass post-game comment. As for Ben being out of line. He was asked a question BY THE MEDIA. He answered it. What do you want him to say? A player calling out another player is fine in my book. A coach calling out a specific player is low in my opinion. A coach in my opinion should worry about his own players. Like when they trash talk and give the opposing teams bulletin board material.

JustaFan
01-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Maybe Marvin was also upset about the Bengals play calling (at least he should be). Rudi Johnson only touched the ball 13 times to 41 pass attempts. This confuses me because till nearly the end of the 3rd quarter, the bengals had the lead or only trailed by only 4 points. Your franchise QB is out with an injury, your winning, why pass so much when the Steelers were only using four people to pressure the QB. Thats the time when you need to shorten the game & run the ball. Maybe Marvin's doesn't know how to adjust & change his game plan.

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 09:29 AM
We talked about that yesterday as well...the Bengals are one of the easiest teams in the NFL to rattle out of their game plan...

Ambridge
01-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe Marvin was also upset about the Bengals play calling (at least he should be). Rudi Johnson only touched the ball 13 times to 41 pass attempts. This confuses me because till nearly the end of the 3rd quarter, the bengals had the lead or only trailed by only 4 points. Your franchise QB is out with an injury, your winning, why pass so much when the Steelers were only using four people to pressure the QB. Thats the time when you need to shorten the game & run the ball. Maybe Marvin's doesn't know how to adjust & change his game plan.

The Bengals know that the Steelers pass defense was their weak spot on defense and that was probably their gameplan point of attack for the day.
Jon Kitna is not a Carson Palmer but he was doing a pretty good job even early into the third quarter so why not keep trying to exploit the coverage weakness.

Running Rudi would have been going into the teeth of the Steelers strength.

JustaFan
01-09-2006, 09:43 AM
The Bengals know that the Steelers pass defense was their weak spot on defense and that was probably their gameplan point of attack for the day.
Jon Kitna is not a Carson Palmer but he was doing a pretty good job even early into the third quarter so why not keep trying to exploit the coverage weakness.

Running Rudi would have been going into the teeth of the Steelers strength.
This is true for early in the game but once the Steelers started to only rushing three & four people, you gotta change. I'm glad the bungals haven't learned this new concept yet they only hurt themselves by sticking too the original game plan with they lost their QB. I'm starting to think Marvin may be a little over rated at this point. Remember, the current personnel on his team were almost all drafted by Dick Lebeau except for Palmer and a blind dog would have picked him when they did.

SteelerFanInATL
01-09-2006, 10:23 AM
I HAD alot of respesct for Marvin Lewis before the game, now I think he is a whiny *&*&^

I agree Cleve, that was just sorry, uncool, not classy. This will be just one of many stories we will have to talk about from our newest team we love to hate. :boxing: :smile:

soniczilla
01-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I'd like to see if he issues an apology today or tomorrow. If he doesn't, he truly loses a lot of class he once held.

BigCat
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't see any reason why Marvin should apologize. After all he speaks the truth. For days after he was hit in the leg by Odell Thurman, Ben griped about being hit in the knee. And he further whined about it more when Thurman wasn't fined. And this stuff was all over the media. That's the stuff they report to other teams because it fires them up.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't see any reason why Marvin should apologize. After all he speaks the truth. For days after he was hit in the leg by Odell Thurman, Ben griped about being hit in the knee. And he further whined about it more when Thurman wasn't fined. And this stuff was all over the media. That's the stuff they report to other teams because it fires them up.

As stated previously, coaches are supposed to know better, especially one who tries to muzzle the media comments of class clown Chad Johnson.

Leaving aside the fact that the hit on Ben drew a flag and the hit on Carson Palmer did not (which indicates Ben had an objective reason to be pi**ed off about a play the refs thought was illegal and which occurred after Ben was returning from knee surgery), I believe the big reason Marvin Lewis is drawing heat is because he previously has been regarded as a class act and the remark presumably is out of character for him. While meowing about the opposing team's QB after he devoured your defense is the sort of conduct I would expect from someone like Jim Mora, Jr., I always thought better of McDonald PA's Lewis.

If he is the class act I believe him to be, I look for some sort of retraction from Lewis. If not, I guess we can just add Lewis to the list of coaches that can't beat the Steelers on the field and then whine about it.

Justin Otstott
01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
This is so funny to me! The Beng-nuts are some big ass babies crying over a game they thought they would win!!! Get over it and you Beng-nut fan's can say what you want about the game this Sunday but we made it to the next round! So stfu and watch the game on Sunday and enjoy!