PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

pittsburghp8baller
03-30-2009, 08:31 PM
i figured if the Indians have one, the Pirates should get one too.

They sent McCutchen to AAA today, not surprising despite his real good spring. According to management he hasnt quite mastered the final things they want him to before he gets the call up. One was being able to use the bunt as offensive weapon and to drive the gap a little more.

The biggest reason they sent him down i think though is jus to delay arbitration for another year

Team has looked good, i have been able to see a couple of there games on TV. strong pitching and a good middle of the lineup.

might not be this year, but i can feel we are REAL close to turning this around.

PisnNapalm
03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
"Oh no!! We suck again!"

Will there be any chance of a winning season?

pittsburghp8baller
03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
"Oh no!! We suck again!"

Will there be any chance of a winning season?

i think after the Rays had the season they did last year, anything is a possible. while i dont think we are as good as the Rays were last year, i do think we have the same make up and that dont sleep on them.

i can only say, hang in there dont lose faith, we are SO CLOSE.

ShutDown24
03-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I would love to experience winning baseball for once in my life. I really hope the Pirates can have just a good season sometime soon. The last time the team was any good I was a toddler. Hopefully the team can keep improving this year! At least with the newer management we have more reason to be optimistic than we did previously.

SteelCityMan786
03-30-2009, 09:48 PM
I would love to experience winning baseball for once in my life. I really hope the Pirates can have just a good season sometime soon. The last time the team was any good I was a toddler. Hopefully the team can keep improving this year! At least with the newer management we have more reason to be optimistic than we did previously.

I was an infant at that time. So, it could be worse.

pittsburghp8baller
03-30-2009, 10:07 PM

i was three, four by season end the last time we had a winning season. so obviously i was too young to take in the last time id see a winning season. i think i can some what draw up memories from watching the game, i watched it cause my dad and godfather both traveled to Atlanta some of the games

KeiselPower99
03-30-2009, 10:09 PM
I do hope the Pirates do something this year. Losing that long is crazy. Is it cool with everyone if I start a WV Power thread?? I mean since they are the A ball team now for the Buccos. Keep yall up to date on the young n's ya know?

pittsburghp8baller
03-30-2009, 11:03 PM
I do hope the Pirates do something this year. Losing that long is crazy. Is it cool with everyone if I start a WV Power thread?? I mean since they are the A ball team now for the Buccos. Keep yall up to date on the young n's ya know?

go right ahead, id love to hear how they are doing, thats there low A club right? i know im gonna be going to some lynchburg games when they Potomac since i live near where they play so i can see Pedro Alvarez

hindes204
03-31-2009, 01:00 AM
i was three, four by season end the last time we had a winning season. so obviously i was too young to take in the last time id see a winning season. i think i can some what draw up memories from watching the game, i watched it cause my dad and godfather both traveled to Atlanta some of the games

i was a little young too, but old enough to remember the killer B's...and old enough to remember sid bream sliding into home :banging:

X-Terminator
03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
i figured if the Indians have one, the Pirates should get one too.

They sent McCutchen to AAA today, not surprising despite his real good spring. According to management he hasnt quite mastered the final things they want him to before he gets the call up. One was being able to use the bunt as offensive weapon and to drive the gap a little more.

The biggest reason they sent him down i think though is jus to delay arbitration for another year

Team has looked good, i have been able to see a couple of there games on TV. strong pitching and a good middle of the lineup.

might not be this year, but i can feel we are REAL close to turning this around.

Of course they sent McCutchen down for financial reasons, because God forbid the Pirates' owners end up having shell out more than a couple of bucks to keep some talent around. :coffee: Really, there is absolutely NO reason why he should be starting at AAA, especially not behind Nyjer friggin Morgan. Maybe he'll be back when they finally realize that Morgan is nothing more than a bench player and occasional starter at best, and a career minor leaguer at worst.

Having said that, even I would be stupid to not acknowledge that the Bucs have some talent waiting in the wings. Lots of it. And most of them are either major-league ready now (A. McCutchen, Bixler) or are close (Walker, Pearce, Jones, Ford, Tabata, Alvarez, Daniel McCutchen, Lincoln). They drafted the top SS prospect last year along with Alvarez, and with another top 5 draft pick this year, they'll add even more talent. Even with the improved starting pitching, they won't win this season, but next season...look out. They are on the verge of finally turning things around.

pittsburghp8baller
03-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Of course they sent McCutchen down for financial reasons, because God forbid the Pirates' owners end up having shell out more than a couple of bucks to keep some talent around. :coffee: Really, there is absolutely NO reason why he should be starting at AAA, especially not behind Nyjer friggin Morgan. Maybe he'll be back when they finally realize that Morgan is nothing more than a bench player and occasional starter at best, and a career minor leaguer at worst.

Having said that, even I would be stupid to not acknowledge that the Bucs have some talent waiting in the wings. Lots of it. And most of them are either major-league ready now (A. McCutchen, Bixler) or are close (Walker, Pearce, Jones, Ford, Tabata, Alvarez, Daniel McCutchen, Lincoln). They drafted the top SS prospect last year along with Alvarez, and with another top 5 draft pick this year, they'll add even more talent. Even with the improved starting pitching, they won't win this season, but next season...look out. They are on the verge of finally turning things around.

whats another month or two? the pirates are very slow out of the gate, why put him through that? he will be up my late may and that way we still get an extra year before we have to offer him a contract. Kind of what the Rays did with Longoria and what Baltimore is doing with Matt Wietters.

i doubt Morgan starts the year as the starter, Craig Monroe will probably see the majority of the at-bats in left field until McCutchen. I dont see Bixler as a potential starter but more as a bench/platoon player. if the Pirates were smart they were sign Wilson to at least a one more year extention to give Brian Friday or Jordy Mercer another year or two. But we all know how cheap the pirates are and more than likely the Pirates will start next year with Bixler as the Shortstop and not add any1 at all.

at shortstop were u talking about jarek cunningham or jordy mercer? i know cunningham was one of the top high school shortstops but his stock dropped after an injury cut short his year. i know Mercer was one of the top college shortstop and played on team USA in one of the world championship tournaments (maybe even the olympics). id have to say one of the Beckman's (no relation) were the top two shortstops in the draft, even though Gordon Beckman is most likely switching to second.

i hope this year we go after Dustin Ackley from UNC. big time bat at first base, which we really lack in the system. im pretty sure we pick fourth so we will be there as the three teams before us are expected to go pitching first. if somehow Stephen Strasburg drops to us that would finally give us a bonafide top of the rotation prospect, but there is no way because everyone ahead of us could use a number 1

X-Terminator
03-31-2009, 02:12 PM
whats another month or two? the pirates are very slow out of the gate, why put him through that? he will be up my late may and that way we still get an extra year before we have to offer him a contract. Kind of what the Rays did with Longoria and what Baltimore is doing with Matt Wietters.

i doubt Morgan starts the year as the starter, Craig Monroe will probably see the majority of the at-bats in left field until McCutchen. I dont see Bixler as a potential starter but more as a bench/platoon player. if the Pirates were smart they were sign Wilson to at least a one more year extention to give Brian Friday or Jordy Mercer another year or two. But we all know how cheap the pirates are and more than likely the Pirates will start next year with Bixler as the Shortstop and not add any1 at all.

at shortstop were u talking about jarek cunningham or jordy mercer? i know cunningham was one of the top high school shortstops but his stock dropped after an injury cut short his year. i know Mercer was one of the top college shortstop and played on team USA in one of the world championship tournaments (maybe even the olympics). id have to say one of the Beckman's (no relation) were the top two shortstops in the draft, even though Gordon Beckman is most likely switching to second.

i hope this year we go after Dustin Ackley from UNC. big time bat at first base, which we really lack in the system. im pretty sure we pick fourth so we will be there as the three teams before us are expected to go pitching first. if somehow Stephen Strasburg drops to us that would finally give us a bonafide top of the rotation prospect, but there is no way because everyone ahead of us could use a number 1

You're right, but I've been waiting 4 years to see this kid roam PNC Park and he's clearly shown this spring that he's ready for the big time. Why not keep him here? He's clearly a better option and player than Morgan, and Moss for that matter. And if he's been the best defensive player in camp, even better than their Gold Glove CF...I mean, it's a no-brainer. Screw the extra year - he needs to be here right now.

I was talking about Mercer that they drafted last year, the top college SS prospect. I hope he develops quickly, because though Bixler showed improvement this spring, I'm not ready to go forward with him as the starter once Jack moves on. As for drafting Ackley, considering that we have ZERO bona-fide 1B prospects in the system (unless they do decide to move Alvarez to first, which they have considered), then it's a no-brainer that they take him. I would draft him even ahead of Strasburg if he were to fall, because I think they're grooming Lincoln to eventually be their top of the rotation starter.

KeiselPower99
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
go right ahead, id love to hear how they are doing, thats there low A club right? i know im gonna be going to some lynchburg games when they Potomac since i live near where they play so i can see Pedro Alvarez

Yea we are the low A ball team. Ill start the thread when the season kicks off next week.

pittsburghp8baller
03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
You're right, but I've been waiting 4 years to see this kid roam PNC Park and he's clearly shown this spring that he's ready for the big time. Why not keep him here? He's clearly a better option and player than Morgan, and Moss for that matter. And if he's been the best defensive player in camp, even better than their Gold Glove CF...I mean, it's a no-brainer. Screw the extra year - he needs to be here right now.

I was talking about Mercer that they drafted last year, the top college SS prospect. I hope he develops quickly, because though Bixler showed improvement this spring, I'm not ready to go forward with him as the starter once Jack moves on. As for drafting Ackley, considering that we have ZERO bona-fide 1B prospects in the system (unless they do decide to move Alvarez to first, which they have considered), then it's a no-brainer that they take him. I would draft him even ahead of Strasburg if he were to fall, because I think they're grooming Lincoln to eventually be their top of the rotation starter.

im hoping Lincoln will be, i remember seeing some of his games when he played for Houston he had some nasty stuff! His fastball has good movement on it and a good breaking pitch. He was also the team cleanup hitter for the games he didnt pitch. i wouldnt be mad if we moved Alvarez to third, it kind of makes sense since we still have Neil Walker in the system. i dont see how we keep both at third and find a way to get them both at-bats.

im pretty sure Lincoln and Alvarez (alvarez for sure) are both starting at high A Lynchburg so when they potomac im gonna try and time it so i can go see Lincoln pitch and Alvarez bat

pittsburghp8baller
03-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Yea we are the low A ball team. Ill start the thread when the season kicks off next week.

you can post in here if it will save clutter, ill posting here often during the season. or we can start a Pittsburgh Pirates farm teams thread, i love following minor leaguers so a thread of our whole system might be fun

X-Terminator
03-31-2009, 02:42 PM
im hoping Lincoln will be, i remember seeing some of his games when he played for Houston he had some nasty stuff! His fastball has good movement on it and a good breaking pitch. He was also the team cleanup hitter for the games he didnt pitch. i wouldnt be mad if we moved Alvarez to third, it kind of makes sense since we still have Neil Walker in the system. i dont see how we keep both at third and find a way to get them both at-bats.

im pretty sure Lincoln and Alvarez (alvarez for sure) are both starting at high A Lynchburg so when they potomac im gonna try and time it so i can go see Lincoln pitch and Alvarez bat

Lincoln is moving up to AA Altoona, so you won't be able to see him. He's also developed a changeup, which should make him even more effective.

As for Alvarez, I was thinking when he was drafted that there's no way he was going to stay at 3rd, that he'd have to move across the diamond with Walker already in the system and having acquired Andy LaRoche. So I wouldn't be against it either.

EDIT: A separate thread for the farm system I think is a good idea to save clutter.

pittsburghp8baller
03-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Lincoln is moving up to AA Altoona, so you won't be able to see him. He's also developed a changeup, which should make him even more effective.

As for Alvarez, I was thinking when he was drafted that there's no way he was going to stay at 3rd, that he'd have to move across the diamond with Walker already in the system and having acquired Andy LaRoche. So I wouldn't be against it either.

EDIT: A separate thread for the farm system I think is a good idea to save clutter.

that sucks, maybe next time im up there ill make a trip and try and see him pitch. i def do NOT think LaRoche is the long term option at third and hope that we see walker the starter by next year, its about make or break for him

pittsburghp8baller
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Craig Monroe and Luis Cruz were given the last two spots on the bench today. i dont see how they dont give monroe extra at-bats instead of morgan. Cruz is a great fielder and a good option of the bench as he can play just about anywhere.

Karstens was also named the fifth starter. eh, who else right?

steelersfanman92
04-03-2009, 10:56 AM
you can post in here if it will save clutter, ill posting here often during the season. or we can start a Pittsburgh Pirates farm teams thread, i love following minor leaguers so a thread of our whole system might be fun

I usually go to some Indianapolis Indians games the Pirates AAA team so ill try to post news about whats going on with them

X-Terminator
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
that sucks, maybe next time im up there ill make a trip and try and see him pitch. i def do NOT think LaRoche is the long term option at third and hope that we see walker the starter by next year, its about make or break for him

Of course LaRoche the Younger isn't the long-term option at third. They haven't been grooming Walker these past 3 years as a third baseman for nothing. However, if he does not show more improvement this season (not saying he won't), then Alvarez will be the man at third in the future. I am hoping that LaRoche the Younger has a good year so that he brings something decent back in a trade, same goes for his brother.

Borski
04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
you think it would be possible to move either Walker or Alvarez to 1st? That way we could have both of these players who look very promising.

pittsburghp8baller
04-05-2009, 08:38 PM
you think it would be possible to move either Walker or Alvarez to 1st? That way we could have both of these players who look very promising.

as of right now i dont see how they dont move one to first. The Pirates have NO depth at first, and all of a sudden too many third baseman.

pittsburghp8baller
04-06-2009, 06:15 PM
if the pirates are gonna play a lot of there games like this, im gonna need a doctor on stand by.

great comeback, LETS FINISH IT OFF!!!!!

Edman
04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Pirates are above .500 for opening day! Woo.

Comeback to beat the Cards 6-4.

pittsburghp8baller
04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Great way to start the season, obviously some things they need to improve on but none the less a 1-0 start goes a lot farther than a 0-1 start.

ill admit i was about to pack it in when Jack came up to bat, even more when the count reached 0-2

Crushzilla
04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
ill admit i was about to pack it in when Jack came up to bat, even more when the count reached 0-2

I can't deny the same thing. We've earned the right to skepticism, however.

I would love to see Jack continue to be the clutch veteran guy he needs to be.

He's paid his dues, and I hope he's a big part in righting the ship.

pittsburghp8baller
04-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I can't deny the same thing. We've earned the right to skepticism, however.

I would love to see Jack continue to be the clutch veteran guy he needs to be.

He's paid his dues, and I hope he's a big part in righting the ship.

no doubt, he is the longest tenure on the team and i hope he can keep the clutch hits coming. He said it himself he wants to be the leader of the team, and he keeps those ninth innings coming, he will be

I really hope he can be apart of any sort of turn around with the Pirates, he deserves it so much.

oh let me give some props to our bench, i thought i bench was pretty good last year and this year it looks to be a WHOLE LOT better, Vazquez and Hinske got hits and they didnt even use our best spring training bat in Monroe.

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2009, 08:33 PM
What was that you doubting dons??? :sofunny:

You had to figure if Jack was going that many at bats without a hit he was due. The best part is, his hit sealed the game.

pittsburghp8baller
04-06-2009, 09:11 PM
What was that you doubting dons??? :sofunny:

You had to figure if Jack was going that many at bats without a hit he was due. The best part is, his hit sealed the game.

and im glad i was wrong. the difference between 1-0 and 0-1 is a lot bigger than it would seem. it was important for us to stay hot with how great our spring was.

gotta keep it rolling tommorrow, and for the batters- work the count get to that bullpen! Cardinals showed it today that they still got a weak bullpen

Crushzilla
04-07-2009, 11:22 PM
The game was blacked out, and I was certainly more interested in the Penguins game tonight.

I did start listening to it in the 6th, but it was already a done deal by then.

I hate to judge too much off of box scores, but...

Ian Snell: 4.0 IP 9 hits 8 runs only (only...) 6 earned

Two days ago the Tribune Review cited an "informal poll" where Andy LaRoche was the most expected breakout player.

0-6 with a walk, a K, and a run. Throw in 3 fielding errors. Egads.

Tonight's fielding faux pas led to 2 runs which didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I'm hardly doomsdaying after tonight's whomping, but I would love to see him get something going here in the first few weeks. The dude has to realize that he won't see August if he doesn't do some serious eye opening.

Promising in the minors... promising spring...

Prove me wrong, Andy!

pittsburghp8baller
04-08-2009, 11:21 AM
The game was blacked out, and I was certainly more interested in the Penguins game tonight.

I did start listening to it in the 6th, but it was already a done deal by then.

I hate to judge too much off of box scores, but...

Ian Snell: 4.0 IP 9 hits 8 runs only (only...) 6 earned

Two days ago the Tribune Review cited an "informal poll" where Andy LaRoche was the most expected breakout player.

0-6 with a walk, a K, and a run. Throw in 3 fielding errors. Egads.

Tonight's fielding faux pas led to 2 runs which didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I'm hardly doomsdaying after tonight's whomping, but I would love to see him get something going here in the first few weeks. The dude has to realize that he won't see August if he doesn't do some serious eye opening.

Promising in the minors... promising spring...

Prove me wrong, Andy!

he is there until management feels that either Neil Walker or Pedro Alvarez are ready to see major league at-bats. Now with how bad the season has started for him, im worried they may have to rush one of them. Its still jus two games in, and the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint, just because you stumble out of the gates doesnt mean you are out of the race. Most players on the Pirates are proven slow starters, all we have to do is stay in the mix. There isnt really any players that i can see us trading away at the deadline so we are in it for the long haul.

pittsburghp8baller
04-08-2009, 08:22 PM
great start to game 3! 5-1 in the middle of the fourth, 10 hits for the pirates!

duke is looking good too

pittsburghp8baller
04-08-2009, 10:18 PM
another win for the Pirates tonight! great game all around, Duke pitched real strong all night. When he did get into jams pitched into a couple of double plays.

And 17 hits from the offense tonight! that's right 17!!! Moss, Sanchez and Jack Wilson looked real good and McLouth got his first hit which happened to be a home run

2-1 with the series finale tommorrow!

Crushzilla
04-10-2009, 01:39 AM
I watched last night's game at McFadden's, and didn't get a chance to really scrutinize what was going on, but Duke looked steady enough. When the offense is belting about 20 hits a game, the pitching SHOULD be able to hold up enough :chuckle:

With that said...

The Bucs were held hitless through 6 2/3 innings Thursday, and even Ramon Vazquez's big base knock in the seventh and unearned run in the third couldn't undo a late St. Louis rally as Pittsburgh fell in the finale. Ross Ohlendorf lasted six-plus frames in what was a stellar start.

"That's all we got, one goddamn hit?"
"You can't say 'goddamn' on the air."
"Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway."

One step forward... two back.

Three very respectable starts from the rotation, however.

If we can get the lumber rolling like it was last year, this may be a much more respectable season then most expect.

pittsburghp8baller
04-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I watched last night's game at McFadden's, and didn't get a chance to really scrutinize what was going on, but Duke looked steady enough. When the offense is belting about 20 hits a game, the pitching SHOULD be able to hold up enough :chuckle:

With that said...

"That's all we got, one goddamn hit?"
"You can't say 'goddamn' on the air."
"Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway."

One step forward... two back.

Three very respectable starts from the rotation, however.
If we can get the lumber rolling like it was last year, this may be a much more respectable season then most expect.

id have to say four respectable starts. Ohlendorf pitched real good, good enough not to get a loss. The reason we lost was because we only got one hit, which actually didnt come till after we got our only run.

Ohlendorf was left out there about an inning to long, he actually came out with the ball game tied but with runners on. The bullpen couldnt help him out and gave up like 3 or 4 straight hits.

the fact is, other than Maholm, our starters are probably gonna be giving up around 3 or 4 runs a game so we are def gonna need more than a hit from their offense. they are def gonna need to be more discipline, they were chasing way to many outside of the zone

Crushzilla
04-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I totally agree with you, Baller. I think Ohlendorf did just fine.

When I said that 3 out of 4 starts were respectable, I meant to suggest that Snell was the one that didn't step it up.

steelersfanman92
04-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Andrew McCutchen is off to a strong start in AAA Indianapolis, his first at bat of the season he hit a triple, which he later scored on. He also has a double ,2 singles and an RBI and is hitting .500 in his first two games. One of the areas that they want him to improve on is base stealling and right now he is 1 for 1.

The team is 0-2 right now and pitching is a weakness (isn't that a surprise...) the pitching staff as a whole has a 9.50 ERA .

pittsburghp8baller
04-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I totally agree with you, Baller. I think Ohlendorf did just fine.

When I said that 3 out of 4 starts were respectable, I meant to suggest that Snell was the one that didn't step it up.

yea i just thought of that and came on here to say that i forgot about snell. that was the only one of the four i didnt watch.

Any word on who they are gonna pitch today? today was suppose to be Maholm's day but with the postponed game they still need to get Karstens out there for a game.

pittsburghp8baller
04-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Andrew McCutchen is off to a strong start in AAA Indianapolis, his first at bat of the season he hit a triple, which he later scored on. He also has a double ,2 singles and an RBI and is hitting .500 in his first two games. One of the areas that they want him to improve on is base stealling and right now he is 1 for 1.

The team is 0-2 right now and pitching is a weakness (isn't that a surprise...) the pitching staff as a whole has a 9.50 ERA .

Thats good news from McCutchen, every1 assumes he is major league ready but we are holding him in the minors to delay arbitration by a year. Thats not to surpising about the pitching staff in AAA, all of our top pitching prospects are moslty in AA, and some in High A.

Speaking of High A, Pedro Alvarez has a Home Run and SIX RBIs in just two games, he managed two RBIs last night without even getting a hit. The Hillcats are 2-0 and last night Justin Wilson got the win, he was the winning pitcher for Fresno State in the College World Series Championship game.

AA is 0-3, which isnt good considering most of our other high prospects are there. Brian Friday has looked the best, along with Jim Negrych and Jose Tabata. Pitching looks to be getting roughed up as well.

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 01:29 AM
yea i just thought of that and came on here to say that i forgot about snell. that was the only one of the four i didnt watch.

Lord knows I've tried to forget about Snell's first outing...

Today's game was a beautiful combination of everything.

Nice offensive efficiency. If they turn over 80% of their hits into runs this season, they may just stand a chance. :wink02:

Maholm looked awesome again. I'm nervous that a member of this rotation may ACTUALLY put together back-to-back strong seasons.

Don't worry... I'm knocking on wood.

Let's see if they can get a mini-sweep tomorrow.

LAROCHE WATCH: LaRoche the Younger is now 0-12, but didn't hand the opposition any runs with the glove.

X-Terminator
04-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Thats good news from McCutchen, every1 assumes he is major league ready but we are holding him in the minors to delay arbitration by a year. Thats not to surpising about the pitching staff in AAA, all of our top pitching prospects are moslty in AA, and some in High A.

Speaking of High A, Pedro Alvarez has a Home Run and SIX RBIs in just two games, he managed two RBIs last night without even getting a hit. The Hillcats are 2-0 and last night Justin Wilson got the win, he was the winning pitcher for Fresno State in the College World Series Championship game.

AA is 0-3, which isnt good considering most of our other high prospects are there. Brian Friday has looked the best, along with Jim Negrych and Jose Tabata. Pitching looks to be getting roughed up as well.

Hard to believe that all of that pitching the Pirates drafted over the years that they still have problems with pitching. Guess they need to try to draft pitching AGAIN this summer, except this time, no C and D list cheapies that Littlebrain drafted. We need studs.

Lord knows I've tried to forget about Snell's first outing...

Today's game was a beautiful combination of everything.

Nice offensive efficiency. If they turn over 80% of their hits into runs this season, they may just stand a chance. :wink02:

Maholm looked awesome again. I'm nervous that a member of this rotation may ACTUALLY put together back-to-back strong seasons.

Don't worry... I'm knocking on wood.

Let's see if they can get a mini-sweep tomorrow.

LAROCHE WATCH: LaRoche the Younger is now 0-12, but didn't hand the opposition any runs with the glove.

Maholm has been great so far, but as with everything Bucs, I'm cautiously optimistic that he can keep it up. As for LaRoche the Younger, I'll give him until the end of the month to get his shit together, and if he doesn't, put him on the bench. Vasquez isn't much of an upgrade, but he'll do for now. If push comes to shove, call up Walker. I don't, however, want to see them rush Alvarez to the majors before he's ready.

Here's hoping Snell finally realizes that he's not Pedro Martinez and can't blow through hitters. We need him to be decent at least.

SteelCityMan786
04-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Hard to believe that all of that pitching the Pirates drafted over the years that they still have problems with pitching. Guess they need to try to draft pitching AGAIN this summer, except this time, no C and D list cheapies that Littlebrain drafted. We need studs.

A couple of their prospects down in Altoona (Moskos and Lincoln both Littlefield picks) haven't been too good either.

Lincoln 4 IP 3 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 6 K 1 HR 6.75 ERA
Moskos 1 IP 2 H 1 R 1 ER 0 BB 1 K 0 HR 9.00 ERA

Funny Part is, Littlefield still had a shot to pick up a good catcher when Moskos was on the board.

X-Terminator
04-12-2009, 10:56 AM
A couple of their prospects down in Altoona (Moskos and Lincoln both Littlefield picks) haven't been too good either.

Lincoln 4 IP 3 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 6 K 1 HR 6.75 ERA
Moskos 1 IP 2 H 1 R 1 ER 0 BB 1 K 0 HR 9.00 ERA

Funny Part is, Littlefield still had a shot to pick up a good catcher when Moskos was on the board.

I think Lincoln will eventually be good, but the Moskos pick was just ridiculous with Matt Wieters still on the board at the time. Had it been Huntington, I guarantee you he drafts Wieters over Moskos. That pick was clearly for salary reasons - Moskos commanded a much smaller signing bonus and contract than Wieters did. Thank God management finally realized that if they want quality young talent, they needed to spend a little bit more money.

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 11:10 AM
X,

Are you like me? Do you die a little bit inside every time you hear about the Orioles new big prospect catcher that's coming up this year?

The absurdity of the situation is that it was clear IMMEDIATELY that the Buccos had blown it when they took Moskos. They should have taken Weiters, but I'm glad it panned out with Doumit. I still wish we had Weiters AND Doumit (hell, I'd love to put one at first), but oh well.

I'm still pulling for Andy LaRoche, as well. There's SOME talent buried in there. Part of me wants him to succeed from a purely genuine perspective... Most of me wants him to succeed so that I don't even have to think about P.A. in a Pirates uni this season.

Could you imagine this offense with Aramis Ramirez at third...

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I guess it's fair to say that a troubling trend is beginning to show.

After a 12 hit 10 run performance yesterday, the Pirates could only muster three knocks today against Aaron Harang.

I only caught the last few innings, but it wasn't looking especially good at the plate.

Jack Wilson continued to beast. His diving snag that started a 6-4-3 was beautiful, and he got the ball rolling on the first Pirates' triple play in SIXTEEN years.

If you missed it, you can see the defensive gems here on MLB.com's wrap of the game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2009_04_12_pitmlb_cinmlb_1&mode=wrap

LAROCHE WATCH: It's beginning to look a lot like April as Team LaRoche went a combined 0-5 with 2 Ks. LaRoche the Younger is still searching for his first hit of the campaign (he's now 0-14). LaRoche the Elder unfortunately has settled into his early season slump. In their defense, the bats looked pretty shotty today, and Andy did crank a warning track job in the 7th (I believe).

BehindSteelCurtain
04-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Snell pitched GREAT today. Our bats just didnt show up today.

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Snell pitched GREAT today. Our bats just didnt show up today.

I didn't tune in until after Snell peaced. Unfortunately, I only have the quantitative data to evaluate him.

The pitching has been pretty promising. Hopefully, the rotation can maintain the level of quality after our batting order gels up a bit.

X-Terminator
04-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I didn't tune in until after Snell peaced. Unfortunately, I only have the quantitative data to evaluate him.

The pitching has been pretty promising. Hopefully, the rotation can maintain the level of quality after our batting order gels up a bit.

Other than the first when Snell gave up the 2-run HR, he pitched pretty well. Unfortunately, it wasn't well enough. I think the pitching will be fine for now, but as the season goes along, I can see it breaking down due to the lack of run support. I hope I'm wrong, but so far the offense has been pretty inconsistent.

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Other than the first when Snell gave up the 2-run HR, he pitched pretty well. Unfortunately, it wasn't well enough. I think the pitching will be fine for now, but as the season goes along, I can see it breaking down due to the lack of run support. I hope I'm wrong, but so far the offense has been pretty inconsistent.

As much as I'd love to add another high quality bat in the first-year draft, I don't know if they CAN'T take a pitcher.

I am admittedly under-read on the talent out there this year. The Pirates pick... 4th?

Any prospects you like that I should read up on?

BehindSteelCurtain
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
As much as I'd love to add another high quality bat in the first-year draft, I don't know if they CAN'T take a pitcher.

I am admittedly under-read on the talent out there this year. The Pirates pick... 4th?

There is Steven Strasburg. Who some say is the best Overall player, let alone pitcher. He probably will go #1 overall. If he falls to the Pirates, awesome!!!

BehindSteelCurtain
04-13-2009, 01:43 PM
The pitcher for the Astros is throwing batting practice.

Crushzilla
04-13-2009, 02:12 PM
The pitcher for the Astros is throwing batting practice.

I was kind of secretly hoping for a suicide squeeze when Duke stepped in this the bases loaded.

I realize that is the WRONG call in that situation, but hey...

... It would have been a nice PR move to appeal to all the casuals in attendance.

Buccos are looking strong with the bats again.

6-0 in the bottom half of the 4th.

pittsburghp8baller
04-13-2009, 02:54 PM
There is Steven Strasburg. Who some say is the best Overall player, let alone pitcher. He probably will go #1 overall. If he falls to the Pirates, awesome!!!

he is by far the best player in the draft. 6-5, 220 starting pitcher who throws in the high 90s and even top 100 every so often, and can maintain it for an entire start. If some how he falls to us that is an crazy steal, but i dont see how at least washington passes up on him

Crushzilla-

Alex White from UNC, is 5-1 this year is suppose to be another one of the top college pitchers this year.

Kyle Gibson and Andy Oliver are the only other two college pitchers that have been in the high first round talk.

my originally choice for our pick was Dustin Ackley from UNC. Great bat and gives us depth at first which we need, but reading some scouting reports on him, most are saying he would fit better at OF, most likely Center. Although i wouldnt mind having an outfield of McCutchen-Ackley-Tabata in the future, i think that management has high hopes for Robbie Grossman and that he may have a future on the team

pittsburghp8baller
04-13-2009, 02:55 PM
I was kind of secretly hoping for a suicide squeeze when Duke stepped in this the bases loaded.

I realize that is the WRONG call in that situation, but hey...

... It would have been a nice PR move to appeal to all the casuals in attendance.

Buccos are looking strong with the bats again.

6-0 in the bottom half of the 4th.

i couldnt wait to watch the home opener but the free preview for extra innings ran out today so now i got to scrap some money together to get it

X-Terminator
04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Too bad - you missed a great one! I went to the game and had a great time - great pitching performance by Duke, a couple HRs, a shutout win, and a near fight a couple of rows behind me. Can't ask for much more than that! :thumbsup::wink02:

pittsburghp8baller
04-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Too bad - you missed a great one! I went to the game and had a great time - great pitching performance by Duke, a couple HRs, a shutout win, and a near fight a couple of rows behind me. Can't ask for much more than that! :thumbsup::wink02:

great to hear u had a great time, cant ask for much more in going to a ball game.

I hope duke can prove me wrong this year, im never mad when im wrong about these things.

i do plan on making a couple of trips up there this summer and going to see a couple of games, my grandfather is retiring and he told me he was going to take me to some games if i make the trip up there, him and i are really big baseball fans

GeneralRobinson
04-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Disappointing loss yesterday. Not only a blown early lead but a lot of runs given up after two outs. If Maholm and Duke continue to pitch well and Snell finds his groove, we'll be ok. However, inconsistent hitting and shallow pitching talent pool will continue to plague this team.

PS - Looks like we definitely got the raw end of the three-way deal last year with LA and Boston.

pittsburghp8baller
04-18-2009, 05:40 PM
big win today.

i flipping back and forth between the Pens game and the North Carolina/Miami game and got a chance to see Alex White pitch.

if we are looking to get a front of the end rotation guy with our top pick id def consider grabbing him. throws in the 91-93 with his 4-seam fastball and 88-90 with his 2-seam which he usued to help him induce groundballs. his changeup is more of a splitter with the late tailing action on it but he can use it as his strikeout pitch.

Crushzilla
04-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Man... I have been slacking lately.

The Buccos are playing some amazing ball right now.

Hopefully they can keep the momentum going today and not fall into a habit of sh*tting the bed after a huge offensive game.

The offense is either up or down, but I have been very pleased with the extra base hits this season. 6 doubles yesterday and 3 triples in the series. It seems like they keep coming from the same guys (Sanchez, Doumit, and LaRoche the Younger today), but bases are bases and runs are runs. As long as those guys are eventually crossing the plate... I'm cool.

And, Monroe... keep beastin' on pitchers... OK? 6 RBI.

LAROCHE WATCH: LaRoche the Younger has gone 4-6 with 2 2B, 2 RBI, and a base on balls. LaRoche the Elder has been having some... dare I say... emotional issues against his old team (...that was mean). I only remember one of his two strike-outs, and it was ugly. Team LaRoche has turned a little brother-big brother double play in both games.

Crushzilla
04-19-2009, 04:02 AM
I don't know if this has been pointed out here, but it was discussed during the post-game.

Your Pittsburgh Pirates are currently ranked number ONE in ERA (2.63) and shut-outs (3)

:traditional Pirates fan celebration motion: .... I don't know what that would be, however...

:makes a hook with index finger and closes one eye:

arrrrrr...

BehindSteelCurtain
04-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't know if this has been pointed out here, but it was discussed during the post-game.

Your Pittsburgh Pirates are currently ranked number ONE in ERA (2.63) and shut-outs (3)

:traditional Pirates fan celebration motion: .... I don't know what that would be, however...

:makes a hook with index finger and closes one eye:

arrrrrr...

Thanks for pointing that out.That's an interesting stat. Don't the pirates have a new pitching coach this year? If so, he is the reason why.

Crushzilla
04-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Well...

Unfortunately, as expected, the Pirates just aren't generating any offense. I don't know what to make of this trend, but it's apparently becoming that.... a trend.

Braves basically send Morgan directly to third base on a ridiculously high throw from 1-3 on a one out groundball, and they still can't break the shut-out.

Oy vey.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Well...

Unfortunately, as expected, the Pirates just aren't generating any offense. I don't know what to make of this trend, but it's apparently becoming that.... a trend.

Braves basically send Morgan directly to third base on a ridiculously high throw from 1-3 on a one out groundball, and they still can't break the shut-out.

Oy vey.

Yea I went to the game today. It was terrible.

Borski
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm going to the game tomorrow, hopefully it doesnt get rained out.

GoFins11
04-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Good Luck against my Fish, Bucco fans.

Here is to a well played series.:drink:

fordfan485
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
8-0 Buccos, Good pitching tonight, im profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering pissed though cause i was watching this game on mlb.tv and the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering feed craps out on me during the bottom of the 6th so i missed those 4 runs.

pittsburghp8baller
04-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Good Luck against my Fish, Bucco fans.

Here is to a well played series.:drink:

same to you, im glad that the one game i do get to see is a blowout though. i wouldnt mind the last two being close though.

Marlins has always been one of those teams i like to cheer for when they arent playing the Pirates. I dont cheer for them as much as i do for the Rays (use to live in florida, they were closer so i pulled for them more). ill say it got closer though when the Marlins got Andrew Miller in that Dontrelle trade. Miller was one of my favorite pitchers going back to his day at UNC and was hoping so much that the Pirates would go after him in the draft.

GoFins11
04-20-2009, 08:45 PM
same to you, im glad that the one game i do get to see is a blowout though. i wouldnt mind the last two being close though.

Marlins has always been one of those teams i like to cheer for when they arent playing the Pirates. I dont cheer for them as much as i do for the Rays (use to live in florida, they were closer so i pulled for them more). ill say it got closer though when the Marlins got Andrew Miller in that Dontrelle trade. Miller was one of my favorite pitchers going back to his day at UNC and was hoping so much that the Pirates would go after him in the draft.

Yeah, I root for the pirates and the Rays whenever they aren't playing the Fish. I have never been a fan of Andrew Miller in a Marlin uniform though.

pittsburghp8baller
04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I root for the pirates and the Rays whenever they aren't playing the Fish. I have never been a fan of Andrew Miller in a Marlin uniform.

i wouldnt either, his delivery is jus so messed up that he puts a lot of strain on his body. He is still young enough to be able to turn things around for him though and i still think he could potenially be a solid starter in the majors.

i wonder if the Tigers screwed him up by rushing him to the majors. i dont even he pitched 30 innings before getting called up.

Borski
04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Nice game tonight, 3-2 win and we won the first two of the series!

Raise the Jolly Rodger http://borski88.googlepages.com/JollyRoger.gif

Get out the Brooms tomorrow!

BehindSteelCurtain
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Nice game tonight, 3-2 win and we won the first two of the series!

Get out the Brooms tomorrow!

What's up with this Pirate pitching. 10 out of 14 were quality starts.

GoFins11
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't think Fish ever play well in Pittsburgh. Plus Cold weather is NOT baseball weather.

Borski
04-22-2009, 02:36 PM

We sweept the Marlins!

http://www.clutterworkshop.com/newsletter/animated_broom.gif

X-Terminator
04-22-2009, 02:42 PM
And the Pirates complete the sweep of the Marlins this afternoon with a 7-4 win. They're now 9-6 on the season. Unbelievable.

Maholm gets his 3rd win despite not having his best game - gave up 4 ER on 8 hits, walked 1 and struck out 4.

Adam LaRoche was 4-5 today with 3 doubles, an RBI and 2 runs scored. His average is now .304 :jawdrop: Hope nobody reminds him that it's April, and not June. His brother has managed to not suck as much and has raised his average from .040 to .225 in 5 games. He had a double and 2 RBI today.

Nate McLouth had a hit, RBI and run scored, but is still sporting a .259 average so far. I hope that picks up soon.

Things are going too well right now. When does the collapse begin? Maybe it starts this weekend in San Diego...

Crushzilla
04-22-2009, 03:33 PM
And the Pirates complete the sweep of the Marlins this afternoon with a 7-4 win. They're now 9-6 on the season. Unbelievable.

Maholm gets his 3rd win despite not having his best game - gave up 4 ER on 8 hits, walked 1 and struck out 4.

Adam LaRoche was 4-5 today with 3 doubles, an RBI and 2 runs scored. His average is now .304 :jawdrop: Hope nobody reminds him that it's April, and not June. His brother has managed to not suck as much and has raised his average from .040 to .225 in 5 games. He had a double and 2 RBI today.

Nate McLouth had a hit, RBI and run scored, but is still sporting a .259 average so far. I hope that picks up soon.

Things are going too well right now. When does the collapse begin? Maybe it starts this weekend in San Diego...

I don't see us losing another game this year. :wink02:

The wins are even more promising because they are coming the right way.

It's not like they are winning 14-12 with no pitching to speak of, or squeezing out 1-0 wins.

Everything is looking pretty solid. (especially the Brothers LaRoche).

Borski
04-22-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't see us losing another game this year. :wink02:

The wins are even more promising because they are coming the right way.

It's not like they are winning 14-12 with no pitching to speak of, or squeezing out 1-0 wins.

Everything is looking pretty solid. (especially the Brothers LaRoche).

I agree, I'm digging our pitching this year I hope they can keep it going.

Lets Go Bucs!

T.Richardson
04-22-2009, 07:57 PM
SWEET! the Bucs have a winning record! I gotta give it to Kerrigan, he has done such a nice job so far, I hope the quality pitching is consistnt. I was really hoping Gorzelanny would be back, but right now it looks like he wont be back for a while...

McLouth is laying decent, but 4 homeruns and 13 rbi's, cant complain about that! and what is Adam LaRoche doing? he supposed to be hitting .220, im impressed.

Borski
04-22-2009, 08:05 PM
SWEET! the Bucs have a winning record! I gotta give it to Kerrigan, he has done such a nice job so far, I hope the quality pitching is consistnt. I was really hoping Gorzelanny would be back, but right now it looks like he wont be back for a while...

McLouth is laying decent, but 4 homeruns and 13 rbi's, cant complain about that! and what is Adam LaRoche doing? he supposed to be hitting .220, im impressed.

I hear Tommy walked to load the bases and gave up a Granny today....not good.

X-Terminator
04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
I hear Tommy walked to load the bases and gave up a Granny today....not good.

His confidence has been irreparably shattered. He'll have his memories of his one decent season in '07, but that's it. He's done.

GeneralRobinson
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
The key this year will be how well we play against Cubs. They had our number last year and really put us in a hole record wise early, something we did not recover from, obviously.

Crushzilla
04-23-2009, 03:23 PM
The key this year will be how well we play against Cubs. They had our number last year and really put us in a hole record wise early, something we did not recover from, obviously.

Luckily, our series against the Cubs are pretty well spread out and really backloaded. A series at Chicago in late May and one in late June at PNC.

The other two come in August and September.

Hopefully, the Buccos can turn this great start into something solid by then.

warddj86
04-24-2009, 11:41 AM

I wasn't even born yet

Borski
04-24-2009, 11:52 PM
eh, tied 3-3 top of the 9th and Wilson popped out of a sacricife bunt and then Morgan got picked off of first....crap.

T.Richardson
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
The Pirates are killing the Padres 8-1 top 7th.

Sanchez, and Andy LaRoche are killing the Padres..im enjoying this! Imagine if Doumit, and McLouth were playing, man the offense would be awesome!

BehindSteelCurtain
04-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Print the playoff tickets in Pittsburgh

Borski
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM
5 runs in 5 innings against Jake Peavy, thats pretty good!

Final score 8-3 Pirates Win!

Raise the Jolly Rodger!!!

http://borski88.googlepages.com/JollyRoger.gif

Pirates take 2 out of 3 against the Padres and have an 11-7 record, 2nd place in the division and leads the NL wild card.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Print the playoff tickets in Pittsburgh

I'm not going that far yet. However, they are well on their way to having that kind of year.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
5 runs in 5 innings against Jake Peavy, thats pretty good!

Final score 8-3 Pirates Win!

Raise the Jolly Rodger!!!

http://borski88.googlepages.com/JollyRoger.gif

Pirates take 3 out of 3 against the Padres and have an 11-7 record, 2nd place in the division and leads the NL wild card.

Not trying to be rude Borski, but it was 2 not 3.

Borski
04-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Not trying to be rude Borski, but it was 2 not 3.
Sorry, typo. its fixed now. Thanks! :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
OK, the collapse officially begins in Milwaukee, where they haven't won in 2 years. They cannot continue to play this well for much longer.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Sorry, typo. its fixed now. Thanks! :thumbsup:

haha don't worry about it man. and no problem. I just don't want to have to come busting on you for possible jinxes. Thanks for correcting it.

Dylan
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
bixler was very impressive today..i was very impressed

Dylan
04-26-2009, 09:53 PM
and how about adam laroche

Rek
04-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Let's not get excited boys and girls. These are our Pittsburgh Pirates we're talking about here. .500 would be a HUGE accomplishment.

Edman
04-26-2009, 10:07 PM
These are the Pirates. And we haven't had a winning season since 1992. We have to take what productivity or positive aspirations we have. Even if it lasts a month.

Borski
04-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Pirates Tie! Pirates Tie!!!

Freddy hits a 2 run double in the 8th to tie the game!!!

Lets Go Bucs!!

T.Richardson
04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
hell yea! Sanchez!

down 0-2 in the count, and he comes through!

T.Richardson
04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
freakin Yates, and Karstons ruined this game. First off Karstons allows 3 homeruns, and Yates walks like 3 batters, and then gives up a huge double that jump started the Brewers 5 run inning. I dont blame Grabow, he had to deal with baserunners at 1st and 3rd base with 0 outs. Though Burnett did a good job to limit the Brewers lead, but damn! Pitching killed the game.

X-Terminator
04-28-2009, 04:36 PM
One Marlins-sized losing streak, coming up! Last night was game 1.

The collapse has begun...

tony hipchest
04-28-2009, 05:42 PM
One Marlins-sized losing streak, coming up! Last night was game 1.

The collapse has begun... :doh: this is the latest the pirates have gone into a season above .500, since like '93 right?

kinda like the panthers in the march madness. it was good while it lasted.

oh, and i saw where jason bay is 10 for 20 with 4 home runs in the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings so far this year.

pretty clutch. :banging:

T.Richardson
04-28-2009, 08:31 PM
man, you guys are so pessimistic....

Pirates lead 3-1 bottom of 4th.

T.Richardson
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
JEESH! Pitching again! the Pirates had a 5-1 lead, and then in the bottom of the 6th, Maholm, and Chavez allow 2 home runs, and the Brewers now lead 6-5...my freaking god!

The bad vibe from this thread has to be it...

X-Terminator
04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Told ya.

All this good play they've had so far has been a tease. They are no better than they were last year.

tony hipchest
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
man, you guys are so pessimistic....

Pirates lead 3-1 bottom of 4th.this is the pirates. giving them a slight chance to make it out of the 1st month of the season above .500 is about as OPTOMISTIC as it gets.

we all know the drill.... as soon as they dip below .500 it is over and pretty much a tank job.

rooting for the pirates to come out of may with a winning record is like rooting for the post season. rooting for them to actually finish above .500 for the season is like rooting for the world series.

being a piratefan actually gives me a glimpse into what raider and lion fans must feel.

X-Terminator
04-28-2009, 10:20 PM
They just cannot win in Milwaukee. 17 straight losses now. I mean, yeah, sometimes a team just has your number, but this is ridiculous.

That's 2...

Edman
04-28-2009, 10:27 PM
This team really is no better than last years team, or any other teams before it. They always play good for a spell. But the moment they dip below 500, they ain't climbing back out.

Last years' team started out good too, but the fact remains is that the Pirates lack the consistent players that step up 162 games a year. They play over their heads a little, then fall back to Earth in May/June while better teams shift gears and make a push. The ownership opens up a fire sale for players in August and it's back to square one. A consistent pattern since PNC Park was built.

Until we see some results, people will be pessimistic about the Bucs.

T.Richardson
04-28-2009, 10:27 PM
The Pirates are just missing some key players (McLouth, Doumit) though, Jaramillo has done a great job.they can still improve as the season progresses.

Remember guys, last year, no one would have guessed the Tampa Bay Rays would have a 90 win season, and make it to the World Series. The Pirates can have a .500 season, im hoping.

Have faith guys!

T.Richardson
04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
As for tonight. Maholm lost control of his pitches, 5 walks is unacceptable for me, that was just bad...

Kerrigan needs to have a word with the rotation, because, the last 2 games, the Brewers scored late to win...

I wish McLouth would heal up already!

X-Terminator
04-29-2009, 08:43 AM
The Pirates are just missing some key players (McLouth, Doumit) though, Jaramillo has done a great job.they can still improve as the season progresses.

Remember guys, last year, no one would have guessed the Tampa Bay Rays would have a 90 win season, and make it to the World Series. The Pirates can have a .500 season, im hoping.

Have faith guys!

The Pirates don't have the talent the Rays have, even with McLouth and Doumit. They will not win 90 games. They'll be lucky to win 70.

X-Terminator
04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
And there you have it. Pirates lose 1-0 on a HR given up to the opposing pitcher. Only the Bucs...

15 consecutive losses to the Brewers. 18 consecutive losses at Miller Park.

There's 3. Only 5 more losses to match the Marlins' streak. To be continued on Friday night...

Borski
04-30-2009, 10:33 AM
We'll win friday. Not sure why, but the brewers have had our number. I think we can win 2 out of 3 against Cincy and have sole control of 2nd place in the division.

Edman
05-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't care if a team has your number or not. Losing to a team 15 times in a row is inexcusable, and now the Bucs have been shut out 4-0 against the Reds yesterday evening. Back at .500.

Well, thanks for the annual tease Pirates.

Borski
05-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, thanks for the annual tease Pirates.

You don't have to be such a downer. Every team goes through streaks here and there, a 4 game slide isn't a new thing to any team. We were above .500 for the month of April, lead the leauge in ERA in April. and right now we're winning 5-0.

at least enjoy it while there winning but a simple 4 game slide does not necessarily mean "same 'ol Pirates"

X-Terminator
05-03-2009, 08:42 AM
4-game losing streak OVAH. But they damn sure tried to give it away last night :doh:

Bucs have now won every game I've gone to this year so far. I know that won't last, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless :thumbsup:

2 in a row? Let's hope so.

T.Richardson
05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
BULLPEN BLEW IT!!!!!!

X-Terminator
05-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Let's face it, we're just snakebitten against the Brewers. How in the HELL can one team lose to another 16 straight times? And in 2 of the last 4 games, they have had leads late in the game only to see the bullpen choke it away. So much for that "strong back-end" of Yates, Grabow and Capps - all 3 have been awful this season.

Borski
05-04-2009, 11:22 PM
nAN9ORwsiVA

X-Terminator
05-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Does anyone want to take back the mocks, jeers and calls that "it's too early" to count them out that were thrown my way? The Pirates have just one win in their last 10 games, and have fallen to 4 games under .500.

They're no better than last year's team, and ANYONE who thought that hot start meant anything was kidding themselves.

Having said that, it's clear that the team misses Doumit and Wilson in the lineup, and again, we have a manager who insists on playing guys who don't deserve to be in the lineup. What have Moss, Bixler and Vazquez done to warrant significant playing time? Send down Bixler and call up Cruz, sit Moss' ass on the bench and play Monroe and Young. Or better yet, send Moss' ass back to the minors where he belongs. That Jason Bay trade isn't looking too good right now, but no one should be surprised. When was the last time the Pirates made a GOOD trade?

Edman
05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I have no comment on it.

Just SOP. The same old Pirates. The same old sorry-ass Pirates.

Edman
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Buccos got hammered 10-1 by New York again today.

Can't hit. Can't pitch. Yep, these are the Pirates alright.

T.Richardson
05-09-2009, 09:43 PM
The Bucs better stop this losing streak or I will go on a rampage!

Borski
05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
ugh...

T.Richardson
05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
4 runs in the 2nd inning! Duke's single sparked it! sweeet!

It was good to see Nyger hit a ball deep, barely missed a home run.

Borski
05-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Finally, that streak was unbearable.

T.Richardson
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
B.S Call, that was a home run!

T.Richardson
05-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Capps is starting to pis me off, he almost allowed a 3 run home run, and now allows a run.

T.Richardson
05-13-2009, 08:27 PM
never mind, a double play. Game Over, Bucs win 5-2, sweet.

T.Richardson
05-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Anyone see that? Jack Wilson was robbed of a home run!

Also, I would like to note, Paul Maholm has gone 20.3 innings at home without allowing a home run.

T.Richardson
05-15-2009, 07:39 PM
McLouth is one speedy player! Hawpe had a perfect throw to home, but McLouth was tooo fast!

I gotta give it to Monroe for driving in the run though.

T.Richardson
05-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Whew! they took a run away from Colorado, smith ran before Morgan made the catch, so Yates got away from allowing that run!

T.Richardson
05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
well...Capps blew the lead...

Borski
05-15-2009, 11:09 PM
yeah that game started out good. does anyone know whats wrong with Capps?

SteelCityMan786
05-16-2009, 08:01 AM
yeah that game started out good. does anyone know whats wrong with Capps?

The Elbow has been giving him trouble. I wonder if it's still a problem.

T.Richardson
05-16-2009, 06:30 PM
What kind of a pitch was that??? ugh...get Snell out of the game!

T.Richardson
05-16-2009, 06:37 PM
3 straight singles! 3-1 now. Hopefully Jaramillo can drive in some more runs..

T.Richardson
05-16-2009, 06:40 PM
bases loaded for Wilson! Come on grand slam! He is due for a home run, since he was robbed of one yesterday.

T.Richardson
05-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Listen to the crowd!

Jack grounds out but drives in a run. 3-2 now! Snell better redeem himself!

T.Richardson
05-16-2009, 06:45 PM
YES!!! Young lines out to left to score in 2 runs!!! Whoo!!!

4-3 Bucs!

aww wtf? rain delay? it looks clear!

T.Richardson
05-16-2009, 06:57 PM
actually, it does look pretty bad..the clouds are really dark.

pittsburghp8baller
05-16-2009, 07:05 PM
actually, it does look pretty bad..the clouds are really dark.

MLB network is actually showing the game, the first one i get to watch since the first week of th season and we get a rain delay!! wow this sucks!

T.Richardson
05-16-2009, 07:46 PM
MLB network is actually showing the game, the first one i get to watch since the first week of th season and we get a rain delay!! wow this sucks!

lol...damn. Well the one thing this rain delay did was stop the Pirates momentum to a screeching halt. :banging:

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Moss was almost hit by the ball..close..

damn it moss...well 1st and 2nd for Duke...and he bunts...now its 2nd and 3rd for Young...come on!!!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 01:53 PM
God! I hate when they leave runners in scoring position on base...makes me mad!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I feel like im talking to myself...Wheres everyone at? Anyone watching the game at least?

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Right before the commercial break, the box score showed 6 LOB...wtf? Come on!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
thats odd. Gorzelanny is in the bullpen..

Duke gets the force out at 3rd base. A double play can end the inning...come on defense!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Duke catches a line out, and throws out to first base for a double play! heck yea!

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I feel like im talking to myself...Wheres everyone at? Anyone watching the game at least?you are, and nope.

some great game 7's in hockey and nba today. unfortunately i usually quit pqaying attention to the pirates as soon as they fall 1 game below .500 (which usually means 3-4 weeks into the season).

its all over and all hopes of finally finishing above .500 were gone about 2-3 weeks ago. (i realize them making the playoffs will never happen). i sure wish i could go see them live though- thats always fun, win or lose.

i'll be in phoenix for a week and those lousy diamondbacks will be out of town the whole time. :banging:

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
WHOO!!! Freddy hits a double (which was almost caught), now its 4-2 with runners at 2nd and 3rd base!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
lol, the ump injured the Rockies relief pitcher...

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:43 PM
McLouth drives in 2 runs to tie it at 4!!!!!!!!!! Whoo!!!!!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:47 PM
LaRoche hits a ball deep (dropped though) and McLouth scores!!!

5-4 Bucs lead!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:48 PM
McLouth has some speed!!!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Andy LaRoche with a 2 run double!!! still no one out!

Looked like a home run, but fell short...

7-4 Bucs!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Wilson singles in another run!!
8-4 Bucs!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Hinske singles in another run!

9-4 Bucs!

Borski
05-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Amazing game! the Pinch hitter got to bat twice! lol

Borski
05-17-2009, 02:59 PM
and theres the first out of the inning lol

Pirates 10 - Rockies 4

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Young doubles in a run!!

aww dang, Hinske out at 3rd...

10-4 Bucs...

Note: Young short of a home run..close!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:00 PM
replay shows Hinske was safe!!!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Amazing game! the Pinch hitter got to bat twice! lol

agreed!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:02 PM
McLouth doubles in another run!!

11-4 Bucs!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:05 PM
stats for McLouth

5 abs, 3 hits, 4 rbi's 1 home run, and 2 runs. What a game for Nate The Great!

Crushzilla
05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I took the dogs outside to play... it's 4-1.

4-11?!?

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
LaRoche strikes out, but what a inning! 10 runs! Haven't seen this much action in 1 inning so far this season!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I took the dogs outside to play... it's 4-1.

4-11?!?

:toofunny:

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:09 PM
hmm Meeks is in. What about Gorzo? I saw him in the bullpen?

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:20 PM
lol 3 Rockies missed the ball..wow

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:21 PM
whoa!!!! What the heck was that?

Borski
05-17-2009, 03:33 PM
What a game! Lets Go Bucs!

T.Richardson
05-17-2009, 03:33 PM
game over!

Bucs win 11-4 Duke gets the win, he is now 5-3.

what a game!

T.Richardson
05-18-2009, 06:07 PM
well, the game is on blackout for me...time to listen to the game.

pittsburghp8baller
05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
well, the game is on blackout for me...time to listen to the game.

this series is in DC, so i think im gonna try and squeeze in going to the game tommorrow, maybe wednesday. This is actually a series we go into that we absolutely win.

T.Richardson
05-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Big inning for the Pirates. 4 Runs in to take the lead to 7-5.

I wish I could WATCH the game instead of listening to it. I keep hearing these great hits, but no visuals!

Brandon Moss, What the heck happened to him? He is on fire!

T.Richardson
05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
McLouth doubled! (announcers said it was soo close to a home run) in a run, 8-5 Bucs!!

McLouth at 3rd on an error. Come on drive in McLouth Monroe!

...nevermind, he flew out. Great inning though!! 5 runs...not bad at all!

T.Richardson
05-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Heck yea! adding some more insurance runs! 2 run rbi by Vasquez, and 1 by Andy. 12-6 Bucs.

T.Richardson
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Capps better not F this up!

T.Richardson
05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
whew! Capps allowed 1 run, but he did the job.

Bucs win 12-7. Bucs record is now 17-21.

Borski
05-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Good job Bucs! I missed the game today cause I went to go see the local team play.

Looks like the Bucs and Pens did a good job today.

T.Richardson
05-19-2009, 06:10 PM
6 pitches in, and the Bucs already have a 1-0 lead. Sanchez singles to score Morgan!

T.Richardson
05-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Moss doubles, Sanchez, and LaRoche scores.

3-0 Bucs! still 1st inning, 1 out!

T.Richardson
05-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Andy LaRoche homered!

5-0 Bucs!!

T.Richardson
05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Adam LaRoche doubled in two runs in the 10th!!!

7-5 Bucs!

T.Richardson
05-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Brandon Moss singled in another run!!!

8-5 Bucs. top 10th!

T.Richardson
05-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Bucs win 8-5 in 10 innings!!

Note: Gorzo looked (rather sounded) good today. 3 strikeouts, and really threw the ball well.

Great 10th inning. Adam LaRoche's double won the game today! Bucs record: 18-21 (3 games under .500!)

Borski
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see gorzo back in his old fourm, our starting rotation isnt too bad and we can get the runs going, we just need to be a bit more consistent and we can be more competitive

BehindSteelCurtain
05-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Anyone notice how epic Adam LaRoche's jog is?

billybob
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Pirates suck , and are in last place sorry . Phillies are in first place ....... today anyway , and are the champs . Steelers are the only team worth fighting for in Pittsburgh in my opinion . Well , maybe the Pens . :noidea:

T.Richardson
05-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Pirates suck , and are in last place sorry . Phillies are in first place ....... today anyway , and are the champs . Steelers are the only team worth fighting for in Pittsburgh in my opinion . Well , maybe the Pens . :noidea:

:blah:

T.Richardson
05-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Bucs win on a wild pitch. 2-1.

Bucs record: 19-21, 2 games under .500, 5 game winning streak.

Borski
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM

whoop-dee-do good job phillies :jerkit:

not

Borski
05-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Bucs win on a wild pitch. 2-1.

Bucs record: 19-21, 2 games under .500, 5 game winning streak.

We're getting back up there, I hope we can finish the 4-game sweep against the Nats tomorrow.

Borski
05-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Adam LaRoche homered and scored McLouth to tie the game and Andy LaRoche took the lead with an RBI single

And the Pens just tied their game!

T.Richardson
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
and the nats come back to lead 5-4...great. Gorzo lost his control! damn!

Borski
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Lets get a 9th inning rally going!

T.Richardson
05-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Young strikes out. Game over, Bucs lose 5-4 (damn it Gorzo)

Bucs record: 19-22. Failed to sweep the Nats (3 out of 4 games)

Borski
05-21-2009, 08:39 PM
a 5 game win streak was still pretty nice, if we can sweep the sox, we'll be back at .500

Borski
05-22-2009, 12:36 PM
The Pitching matchup for tonight seems to be in our favor

Zach Duke, LHP (5-3, 2.84 ERA)
vs
Gavin Floyd, RHP (2-4, 7.71 ERA)

T.Richardson
05-22-2009, 09:39 PM
The Bucs ALWAYS do this, it really makes me furious. Every time the opposing pitcher struggles coming into a series against the Bucs, the Bucs always plays horrible offensively...and Duke pitched really really well tonight...

Borski
05-23-2009, 12:05 AM
The Bucs ALWAYS do this, it really makes me furious. Every time the opposing pitcher struggles coming into a series against the Bucs, the Bucs always plays horrible offensively...and Duke pitched really really well tonight...

I shouldn't of jinx'd it

BehindSteelCurtain
05-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Pirates ALWAYS struggle against White Sox or AL teams for that matter.

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Pirates ALWAYS struggle against White Sox or AL teams for that matter.

I think the Bucs are cursed!

Though, the Bucs aren't getting smashed. The White Sox haven't been smashing balls out of the park like last year, so I guess this is a positive thing.

and if I see more pop outs in foul territory or in the infield, im going to go crazy...because thats what they have been doing this whole series...:banging:

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Karstens is getting away with a lot of these hanging curve balls. He needs to stop throwing that damn pitch.

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Moss has no base running ability does he!! JEESH!!! it would have been 1st and 3rd...IDIOT!

Borski
05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
i dont get it, we show sparks where we play really well, get a good streak going, and then we hit a wall and go ice cold.

Borski
05-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm ready for McCutchen and Alvarez.

Also didn't Lincon pitch a perfect game the other day, when is he supposed to arrive in Pitt?

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 02:59 PM

Also didn't Lincon pitch a perfect game the other day, when is he supposed to arrive in Pitt?

Lincoln is in AA Altoona, and Im pretty sure he is going up to AAA Indianapolis towards the end of the year, so we are looking at around 2010 or 2011 he will get called up.

Unless Alvarez hits really well in the Minor leagues, he isn't going to be in the Bucs lineup to like 2011.

Im ready for McCutchen also, but im kinda worried about his power, he seems like a Nyger Morgan type player...

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Bucs have 11 hits, but 1 run..just plain horrible.

although it should have been 2 runs, but the ball got caught in some thingy on the wall in the outfield...what luck the Bucs have...

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Hinske just homered..

3-2 now. Come on!!! more runs!

Borski
05-24-2009, 03:24 PM
OMG!!! Jack just tied it with a HR!!! NICE!!!

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:24 PM
JACK WILSON HIT A HOME RUN!!!!!!

tied game in the 9th!

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Morgan doubled!

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Young drives in Morgan!

Bucs lead 4-3!!!

Borski
05-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Pirates take the lead after a double from Nyger and a hit from Delwyn to drive Nyger in

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:29 PM
lol, borski, we posted at the same time...

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Capps was FLAWLESS! 3 straight strike outs for the save!

Borski
05-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Buccos get the win!

Raise the Jolly Rodger!

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Buccos get the win!

Raise the Jolly Rodger!

http://images.birthdayinabox.com/BIABviewLarger/JollyRoger.jpg

Bucs record: 20-24. Not bad, not bad at all.

pittsburghp8baller
05-24-2009, 04:52 PM

in Lincoln's last start he threw a complete game shutout where he only gave up two hits and walked two. he is 1-3 but with only a 2.31 ERA, he managed to get a loss in a start where he pitched 5 and didnt give up an earned run. He looks like he is getting closer to being ready but he is still far down on the call up list and probably wont see any MLB action until next year.

Alvarez is hitting .234 with 9 home runs and 35 RBIs, and 46 strike outs in 154 at bats. i can see him playing all year at Lynchburg and then next season start in Altoona and wait there for the call-up

Borski
05-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Lets get some revenge on those cubbies after last year!

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Lets get some revenge on those cubbies after last year!

cool, first the White Sox, now the Cubs. I wonder if they even bothered changing hotels?

also cool that im pretty sure where im at this weekend picks up the channel where there usually show the Cubs games, so ill be able to watch them this series

Borski
05-25-2009, 12:56 PM
for some reason I get WGN down here in florida, which is apparently a Chicago station and they show Sox and Cub games. tonight and Wednesday they are showing the Pirates vs the Cubs.

I least I don't have to hear that annoying Sox annoncer saying "He Gone" every two seconds, though I'm sure the Cubbies announcers will have an equally annoying quirk

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2009, 01:22 PM
for some reason I get WGN down here in florida, which is apparently a Chicago station and they show Sox and Cub games. tonight and Wednesday they are showing the Pirates vs the Cubs.

I least I don't have to hear that annoying Sox annoncer saying "He Gone" every two seconds, though I'm sure the Cubbies announcers will have an equally annoying quirk

awesome, ive had a nice little run on Pirate games lately with them being in DC last week (i live in VA) and now them playing the Cubs, WGN is the station i was talking about.

Maholm versus Dempster, looks like a good match up.

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Bucs score early on a single by Ad. LaRoche.

1-0

Note: Sanchez leads the Majors with 17 doubles.

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Andy needs to catch that! damn! The Cubs tied the game.

Borski
05-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Bucs score early on a single by Ad. LaRoche.

1-0

Note: Sanchez leads the Majors with 17 doubles.

Evan Longoria (TB Rays) has 20

I think Sanchez leads the NL though.

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Evan Longoria (TB Rays) has 20

I think Sanchez leads the NL though.

my bad. NL.

Pirates lead 3-1, 2 runs scored on 2 walks with bases loaded.

The Bucs are showing great discipline at the plate.

Borski
05-25-2009, 08:06 PM
After loading the bases the Pirates score two in a row on walks.

Buccos 3
Cubbies 1

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, Andy LaRoche swung on a what would have been a ball 4 but it turned out to be a double play...damn it!

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Crazy crazy game right now.

Jaramillo scores on a single by Wilson. 4-4

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Sanchez hits a home run. Bucs lead 6-4!

Borski
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
how did the cubs get 7? I had to leave for a second and all of a sudden we are losing again.

Borski
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
2 nice base hits in a row, 0 outs!

Borski
05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Bases loaded, 0 out, Jack up to bat

Crushzilla
05-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Slugfest tonight.

I'm loving the offense tonight, but they need to get SOMETHING out of this.

Borski
05-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Jack pops out, Craig Monro is Pinch Hitting, 1 out

Crushzilla
05-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Are there really two outs... is this right?

Crushzilla
05-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Wasted wasted wasted opportunity.

They should have gotten more out of the last bases loaded scenario, as well.

They are hanging tough tonight too...

Crushzilla
05-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Could Tim Neverett have called that McLouth homerun any better?

"Nate McLouth is due, and he hits a deep..."

Buccos back in front.

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Nate the great McLouth!!!!! He crushed that ball!!

8-7 Bucs!

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Adam just doubled!

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Andy doubles to drive in Adam.

9-7 Bucs!

though Bradley should have caught that ball.. good thing!

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Gorzo is looking great tonight!

I hope the Bucs score 3 more runs! Lets go Bucs!

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I thought Nyger just hit his first home run..just fell short..

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Sanchez is 5 for 5 and just drove in Morgan.

10-7 Bucs.

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
lmao

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 09:45 PM
How many times are the Bucs going to strand runners with bases loaded tonight? its like the 4th time so far..

Borski
05-25-2009, 09:59 PM
How many times are the Bucs going to strand runners with bases loaded tonight? its like the 4th time so far..

Wish we could make more out of it though when we get the bases loaded.

Regardless this is a great game so far!

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2009, 10:37 PM
wow this isnt what we needed, with all the bullpen injuries we have had now Capps is drilled with a ball.

who would we turn to close now? John Grabow. Maybe its time to see Daniel Moskos (extremely doubtful, last time i saw he was getting shelled in AA Altoona

btw, Maholm KILLED me today for my fantasy team- 15.00+ ERA!!!

Great game, back and back x4!! Freddy Sanchez is having a MONSTER game

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Looks like Burnett is coming in, throwing some warm up pitches.