PDA

View Full Version : Steelers @ Colts Preview

shevdog
01-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts
1pm on Sunday, January 15

-----

Big Ben in the post-game conference gave the notion that he didn't want to go to into Indie, yet he was up for the challenge. If the Steelers play Steelers football, this is going to be a good tough game for the Steelers. I believe the Steelers can take this one from the Colts. Guess we'll find out in less than a week.

So let's get the rant going on this next matchup!

SteelR1
01-08-2006, 08:46 PM
It's going to be a GREAT game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitzburgh55
01-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Steelers gonna win

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-08-2006, 08:54 PM
ben played great today all he has to do is play the way he did today and our defense has to play like they did 4 weeks ago. and were fine

Rotorhead
01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Well if we are clicking in all aspects of the game we definately have a chance to do it. But we are going to have to come out hungary in Defense from the start! I dont think our offense will have too much of a problem moving the ball as long as we establish the run early by running right at them. We can through in a few short passes here and there and exploit the blitz with some screens. We just need to get to Manning alot to make him hurry his passes. Watch some Patriots/Colts game footage for the last couple years and build a solid defensive game plan. From what we did defensively last game, our D can frustrate Manning a bit, if we can do that and have our offense going, we definately have a good chance!

Suitanim
01-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I can't remember Cowher ever facing a more formidable foe, on the road or not, in the playoffs. He already vanquished 2 or 3 myths about himself today...I can't wait to see what this team can do next week!

louisvillecards
01-08-2006, 09:07 PM
this game has to be won in the trenches the o line has to play alot better than it did last time they have to shut down freeney and no deep pass plays

Tim
01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
I just heard the early line, Colts by 9.5.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 09:16 PM
doesnt surprise me at all..nobody is giving us a chance this week !!! thats all the motivation we need !

Rotorhead
01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
I am surprised it isnt 14+, as we all know Indy is invincible, this is their magical year, blah blah blah, someone forgot to tell them that this is the year of the BUS! And he means to get his RING!

Justin Otstott
01-08-2006, 09:30 PM
This is the year of THE BUS 36!!!! LETS GET HIM ONE FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I just heard the early line, Colts by 9.5.
wow didnt think it'd be that high. but i <3 it!!!!

shevdog
01-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Steelers were the kings last year and they were conquered. Jets almost beat us in the divisional round. Of course the Patsies upset us at home.

So anything is possible. 9.5 point underdogs... Just bring it! We'll shock everyone with an amasing upset.

If the Steelers defense can fustrate Manning like they did during the season, then that is going to great overall for the Steelers. Like with the Bengles, if a shoot-out would happen, then the Steelers could keep up. Question is how much can they keep up? I rather see the Steelers defense bringing on the tempo of a Steeler's football game.

Big key to victory is mistake free football for the Steelers!

Avoid Lloyd
01-09-2006, 12:58 AM
This is going to be the game of a lifetime.

SteelerFanInCA
01-09-2006, 01:33 AM
This should be a real battle. Looking forward to the game. If we continue playing Steelers Football, we have a good chance of pulling this one off.

Prosdo
01-09-2006, 02:04 AM
I'm looking forward to this game. I think were definitely going to do better than the last go around. Hopefully we can come away with the W.

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 05:53 AM
Here we go again! Man this is draining!

FisherMOM
01-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Game of a lifetime is right!
You think yesterday was intense..... dang... Next week is gonna be over the top!

Talk about anticipation!! :tt: :tt: :tt:

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 08:54 AM
That 9.5 will shrink as the week goes on and money starts coming in on the Steelers...

workhorse
01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Well if we are clicking in all aspects of the game we definately have a chance to do it. But we are going to have to come out hungary in Defense from the start! I dont think our offense will have too much of a problem moving the ball as long as we establish the run early by running right at them. We can through in a few short passes here and there and exploit the blitz with some screens. We just need to get to Manning alot to make him hurry his passes. Watch some Patriots/Colts game footage for the last couple years and build a solid defensive game plan. From what we did defensively last game, our D can frustrate Manning a bit, if we can do that and have our offense going, we definately have a good chance!

The best gameplan for the Steelers is ball control to keep the Colts' offense off the field. You may have some success with short passing, but it won't effect the Colts' blitzes. The Colts don't blitz. They have probably blitzed less than 10 times this season. The key defensively for the Steelers is to get pressure with the front seven. If Troy blitzes much, Peyton will take advantage of that. The Colts will spread the field and use Dallas Clark more as a split end than a tight end. If the Colts can get up early, it will force the Steelers to change their style of play, if not it may come down to who has the ball last. BTW, tell Ike he may want to keep his eyes on Marvin and out of the backfield.