PDA

View Full Version : 2 more college prospects visit Steelers

Galax Steeler
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Two more college football prospects are visiting the Steelers today: offensive tackle Phil Loadholt of Oklahoma and cornerback Joe Burnett of Central Florida.

Loadholt is 6-feet-8, 335 pounds. Burnett is 5-10, 192, and also returned kickoffs and punts for UCF.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09091/959785-100.stm

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Cool. I would not mind seeing Loadholt drafted, probably in the 2nd round.

Burnett ran a 4.57 at the combine and is a bit small, but could be a solid addition as a nickel back and kick returner.

Confident and a leader on the field. ... Stronger than you'd expect for his size. ... Good vertical, able to make a play on jump balls. ... Solid hands for the interception and is elusive enough to make yardage after the catch. ... Good recovery and closing speed -- is never out of a play. ... Nice hand-eye coordination to break up passes. ... Quality kickoff and punt returner because he has solid hands, good vision and patience, hits the open lane hard, makes the first man miss and runs through arm tackles.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/joe-burnett?id=79547#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

Dylan
04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Cool. I would not mind seeing Loadholt drafted, probably in the 2nd round.[/url]

i dont think loadholt is worth a second round pick....maybe a 3rd but definitely not a second.

ShutDown24
04-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I like Loadholt, but the situation would have to be right. I don't put too much stock in a mid round tackle right now because Tony Hills is still an excellent prospect and there is every chance in the world he can be developed into a very solid player.

lilyoder6
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
my boy joe burnett from ucf... he was either the best or 2nd best returner in college last yr...

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-01-2009, 07:18 PM
i dont think loadholt is worth a second round pick....maybe a 3rd but definitely not a second.

I think Loadholt will be gone by the time we pick at #64, but would have no problem selecting him there. Some have him as the #7 OT ahead of Jamon Meridith.

The hottest name coming out of Norman is offensive tackle Phil Loadholt. A shade under 6-8 and 332 pounds, Loadholt looked surprisingly fluid in drills and had an impressive 26 repetitions of 225 pounds. Considering Loadholt tied with LSU guard Herman Johnson with the longest arms of this year's top prospects (36 inches), his 26 reps is especially impressive and stood out in comparison to teammate Duke Robinson's 20. Loadholt has been moving up draft boards since the combine and only improved his status Tuesday. He is earning first-round grades from some clubs.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11483935

MasterOfPuppets
04-01-2009, 10:25 PM
i think people tend to forget, the steelers 2nd is only 1 pick away from being a 3rd....so basically if a a player is a 3rd rd prospect, he's pretty much a 64th pick prospect.

mcmac
04-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Its funny they took a look a Joe Burnett ,on my madden game I drafted him from my ncaa game and he became a good player for me.

SunshineMan21
04-02-2009, 01:33 AM
I think Loadholt will be gone by the time we pick at #64, but would have no problem selecting him there. Some have him as the #7 OT ahead of Jamon Meridith.

The hottest name coming out of Norman is offensive tackle Phil Loadholt. A shade under 6-8 and 332 pounds, Loadholt looked surprisingly fluid in drills and had an impressive 26 repetitions of 225 pounds. Considering Loadholt tied with LSU guard Herman Johnson with the longest arms of this year's top prospects (36 inches), his 26 reps is especially impressive and stood out in comparison to teammate Duke Robinson's 20. Loadholt has been moving up draft boards since the combine and only improved his status Tuesday. He is earning first-round grades from some clubs.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11483935

Agreed. It's possible we take Loadholt in the first, let alone the second. He would be a great value at #64.

Texasteel
04-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Loadholt would play the right side for use for the next 10 years. You ask Parker or Mendenhall if they would like to have him.

I would not mind a draft of Beatty, Loadholt, and Vasquez myself, but I'm a big fan of the big uglies.

steelerdave1969
04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I dont mind the big uglies at all either bud.. :wink02:

I think that Loadholt would be a nice pick in the 2nd after we get our DB/DE in the 1st round.:thumbsup: