PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich signs with Denver. Cutler to Detroit...

tony hipchest
04-01-2009, 06:23 PM
...for picks #1 and #20. i just heard this on sirius...... as something the lions should jump at and something that could happen. i made up the leftwich part because not only is it april fools, but is its something that should and could happen if denver deals and doesnt get a qb in return.

ShutDown24
04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
The only problem with that is, if I'm denver - I don't want the #1 pick.

KeiselPower99
04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Hmm. Cutler to Detroit would make sense but I wouldnt trade the 20 pick maybe the 1st and 33rd for Cutler and Denvers 2nd.

steelreserve
04-01-2009, 06:42 PM
If I were running the Lions, I'd definitely trade the #1 pick for whatever I could get, because that thing is fricking toxic. A $70 million roll of the dice on one player is not what that team needs. Wouldn't be too keen on giving up the #20 pick, though, because that's exactly the kind of selection that can help you.

Man, if Cutler is whining now, I can only imagine what his attitude will be like after a season of getting his ass kicked up and down the field with the Lions.

ShutDown24
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
If I were running the Lions, I'd definitely trade the #1 pick for whatever I could get, because that thing is fricking toxic. A $70 million roll of the dice on one player is not what that team needs. Wouldn't be too keen on giving up the #20 pick, though, because that's exactly the kind of selection that can help you.

That is exactly how I feel.

AllD
04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Cutler to Cleveland or the Jets.

BrandonCarr39
04-01-2009, 11:45 PM
...for picks #1 and #20. i just heard this on sirius...... as something the lions should jump at and something that could happen. i made up the leftwich part because not only is it april fools, but is its something that should and could happen if denver deals and doesnt get a qb in return.

Wow-remember last year the Lions traded Roy Williams to Dallas for their #1/#3.

Pt being that it gave them a GOLDEN opportunity to rebuild with the near-kitchen sink Dallas gave them for a disgruntled player. And now they end up giving up ALOT for a whining QB?

Oh well-they ARE the Lions...

BrandonCarr39
04-01-2009, 11:47 PM

Man, if Cutler is whining now, I can only imagine what his attitude will be like after a season of getting his ass kicked up and down the field with the Lions.

Or why not trade down with another team who has quite a few picks? Nab their #1's for the next couple of years, plus some other picks in this year's draft. Doesn't Philly need an LT? Don't the Jets need a stud receiver?

tony hipchest
04-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Wow-remember last year the Lions traded Roy Williams to Dallas for their #1/#3.

Pt being that it gave them a GOLDEN opportunity to rebuild with the near-kitchen sink Dallas gave them for a disgruntled player. And now they end up giving up ALOT for a whining QB?

Oh well-they ARE the Lions...that "whining qb" led a team with absolutely no running game and a horrible defense just as close to the playoffs as tony romo did with a multi million dollar back and supposedly top defense in the league. :hunch:

:toofunny:

Give It To Abercrombie
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
If I were Denver and was exasperated enough with Cutler to trade him, all offers being equal I'd send his ass to Detroit to get hammered every week. It's not like he has a no trade clause or they're trying to do a sign and trade.

The_WARDen
04-02-2009, 12:00 PM
that "whining qb" led a team with absolutely no running game and a horrible defense just as close to the playoffs as tony romo did with a multi million dollar back and supposedly top defense in the league. :hunch:

:toofunny:

Didn't you hear? It was all TO's fault! Everything will be fine now...

steelreserve
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Or why not trade down with another team who has quite a few picks? Nab their #1's for the next couple of years, plus some other picks in this year's draft. Doesn't Philly need an LT? Don't the Jets need a stud receiver?

That'd be a good move for them too if they could pull it off. Only problem I see is, there might not be many takers. This year's draft class seems like it's pretty flat; it doesn't have the usual handful of guys who stand out so much that it justifies a top-three pick and the accompanying massive contract. Don't get me wrong -- there's solid talent all the way down through the first 20-30 picks, but it seems more evenly distributed than usual. If I needed a stud OL, WR, QB, whatever ... I'd probably still find just as good a candidate at #10-20 as I would at #1 this year.

So, good for the Lions if they can pull it off, but who knows if they can.

On the other hand, the Cutler trade would also kill two birds with one stone, because the Lions are absolutely abysmal at finding quarterbacks. And honestly, with the top prospects this year being Sanchez and Stafford, it looks to me like the odds are overwhelmingly stacked in favor of them failing again. Trading for a guy who's already established takes that factor out of the equation -- it might be the best shot they've had at a decent QB in the past 30 years.

Dino 6 Rings
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Lefty in Denver is not good for Lefty, no Running game and a horrible Defense.

He'll get run out of town in one season. Bad move for him.

tony hipchest
04-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Lefty in Denver is not good for Lefty, no Running game and a horrible Defense.

He'll get run out of town in one season. Bad move for him.i hate to say it, but other than staying with the steelers it may be the best move for him.

he is currently the best back up and the most wide open starting position currently will be denver (if they trade and get no qb in return).

he would start for a team that only allowed like 11 sacks last year. allowed cutler to throw for 4500 yds, and for a coach that OC'd fro brady throwing 50 td's.

cutler would probably = six wins for the lions. odd stat is his career record is 13-1 when his defense allows less than 21 points. cutler would be more valuable to that defense than 2 rookie 1st rounders. detroit is in turmoil. they need to go with the sure thing and cant afford to miss on any more draft picks.

triphahn
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I can't believe Leffwich has not been snagged yet. Hopefully no one figures it out and he stays in Pittsburgh.