PDA

View Full Version : Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

revefsreleets
04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I've been waiting for confirmation. I know there are many, many naysayers, and that's fine, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the facts are that Pryor was A) A true frosh who didn't even have the benefit of Spring ball B) Playing in Boeckmann's system and C) Never intended to start.

Considering those things, he did remarkable well. He was reigned in by Tress, and for good reason.

That's over. Bollman is rolling out a new offense based around the unique set of talents Terelle Pryor brings to the table. It will be HIS offense. I expect, given the constant stream of talent running through Columbus, that these Buckeyes will be in contention right out of the gate this year, and, if they beat USC in the Shoe in week 2, will have a NCG in their grasp and control their own destiny.

Go Bucks!

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/04/01/osufb_4-1.ART_ART_04-01-09_C1_2GDDT0Q.html?sid=101

Football: OSU set to meld a new offense
Overhaul will test Pryor's, players' ability to adjust
Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:08 AM
By Tim May (tmay@dispatch.com)

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
[
Spring is in the air. So is change, it seems, for the Ohio State offense.
Terrelle Pryor said he can sense it. From his interaction with coach Jim Tressel and offensive coordinator Jim Bollman as well as the teammates who must fill seven vacant starting spots on the offense, the sophomore quarterback said the Buckeyes are eager for the start of spring drills Thursday.
"I can tell you the coaches are fired up," Pryor said. "Coach Tressel is really fired up; I meet with him every day in his office and I can tell. Coach Bollman is more fired up than I can ever remember seeing him.
"I think this spring is going to be very fun. Everyone seems to be looking forward to it."
Pryor knows change is in the works, and has been for a couple of months. A year ago, OSU's offense was designed to take advantage of the talents of returning senior quarterback Todd Boeckman and tailback Chris "Beanie" Wells, with some components for Pryor, considered a passing and rushing threat. Now, it will largely feature Pryor's talents.
The offense will undergo changes that couldn't be made at midseason last year, when Tressel made Pryor the starter. But the Buckeyes apparently are looking at several options to upgrade this year's model.
That might include more use of the pistol formation, in which the quarterback lines up about 4 yards behind center with a tailback behind him. It also could include a version of the single-wing formation, in which the quarterback would line up about 7 yards behind center, but often would have a back crossing in front of him from a slot just before or just after the snap, creating options and confusion.
"From a team standpoint this spring we would like to get the communication down, because we're going to run the offense a little different," Pryor said. "We're going to run a lot of different plays with a whole bunch of different things we're putting in, like calling plays from the line of scrimmage.
"We want to leave camp as a passing team and a running team so we can just be unstoppable."
The offense is going to have a different feel no matter what, considering Pryor is the only returning starter who touched the ball last season. Gone are Wells, fullback Brandon Smith, receivers Brian Robiskie and Brian Hartline and tight end Rory Nicol.
Among those ready to step up are running backs Dan Herron and Brandon Saine; receivers DeVier Posey, Dane Sanzenbacher and Lamaar Thomas; and tight end Jake Ballard, who played as much as Nicol last year.
"I think the quarterback position is the one you give the most attention to, in regards to who you're going to become," Tressel said. "But you don't lose sight of the fact we're going to look different at running back and receiver. We're going to look different up front (with two new starters on the line).
"So it won't be all tailored to what Terrelle does well and to what (backup) Joe Bauserman does well. It will be some of what Boom Herron does well, what those wideouts do well, what Jake Ballard adds to the picture at tight end, and what Jake Stoneburner offers us now that we've moved him over to tight end."
Stoneburner, with a receiver's pedigree, could offer a stretch-the-field threat from tight end that hasn't been available for a number of seasons. So the options -- both from a personnel and a philosophical standpoint -- are there to overhaul an offense that ranked a lackluster 76{+t}{+h} nationally last year with a 342.69-yard average.
Tom Luginbill, who monitors college football and recruiting for Scouts Inc. of ESPN.com, said the OSU coaches did a "fantastic job" last year of not overloading their freshman quarterback, even as fans screamed for more.
Now, though, the offense will lean on Pryor now that he has experience.
"He is going to be expected to take that next step, taking on more of the responsibility of the scheme, allowing the coaches to implement more things (tailored to him) without him being overloaded," Luginbill said.
Pryor said he welcomes it, and that the key for the whole offense this spring is to waste no time.
"We want to get better every day, because these 15 practices, that's all we have until fall camp," Pryor said. "We want to use every single minute we've got."

xfl2001fan
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Damn I'm excited about this. I'm glad that they are willing to tailor the offense...as opposed to trying to completely re-work the players. That's a sure sign of a good coaching staff.

PeckerWood
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes I knew it was coming this years starting QB, RBs, WRs, and TE they are more suited for a spread type offense. I know Tressel can draw up and call plays so this offense can score with the best offenses in the country.

2010 Pryor should be the best QB in the country.

Can't wait for 2009 college football :chuckle:

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 02:42 PM
The criticism on Tress is that he's too conservative. I get that...sometimes he is. But it's his philosophy. He's a lot like Cowher in that his overall strategy is to play conservatively, but he can definitely open things up tactically. It's truly the sign of a great coach that he can adapt to the talent he recruits rather than forcing the talent he recruits into some set system of his. The recent NCG losses have tarnished him a bit, but he's gonna shine that program back up in the next couple years with another championship. Watch and see...

When he was hired out of YSU I told my friends he'd bring back a championship in 3 years. He did it in 2.

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
The criticism on Tress is that he's too conservative. I get that...sometimes he is. But it's his philosophy. He's a lot like Cowher in that his overall strategy is to play conservatively, but he can definitely open things up tactically. It's truly the sign of a great coach that he can adapt to the talent he recruits rather than forcing the talent he recruits into some set system of his. The recent NCG losses have tarnished him a bit, but he's gonna shine that program back up in the next couple years with another championship. Watch and see...

When he was hired out of YSU I told my friends he'd bring back a championship in 3 years. They thought I was insane. Many of us always knew he was the best coach in Ohio, and we'd watch him take his undersized D1-AA Penguin teams with pretty limited talent and beat up on pretty decent MAC teams year in and year out.

He did it in 2.

SteelersinCA
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Only problem with Pryor is that his passes suck for the most part, he has no WRs and no RB. Other than that he should be great! Prepare for your beatdown in the Shoe!!

rbryan
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Pryor had so much hype coming into college that unless he wins a NC and the heisman, he will not have met expectations. Thats a lot to put on a teenager. Odds are he doesn't live up to it.

Not that I feel sorry for my homeboy from da Burgh. He's dead to me for going to OSU.......lol

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Ignorant hate on the Buckeyes. Happens every year, and the Buckeye nation salutes those who participate in it!

Here are some names to get used to hearing...they'll be all over the ESPN highlight reels next season:

RB
Brandon Saine
Boom Herron
Jamall Berry
Carlos Hyde

WR
Dane Sanzenbacher
Garrett Hummel
Posey DeVier
Ray Small
Jake Stoneburner
Lamar Thomas
Taurian Washington

OSU doesn't rebuild. They reload.

rbryan
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
So anyone who doesn't like the Buckeyes is ignorant?

I wonder how long it would take you to switch bandwagons if OSU went on a run like the Brownies??

Browns fans who get sick of losing don't jump ship.....they just convince themselves they were Steeler fans all along.

lilyoder6
04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Ignorant hate on the Buckeyes. Happens every year, and the Buckeye nation salutes those who participate in it!

Here are some names to get used to hearing...they'll be all over the ESPN highlight reels next season:

RB
Brandon Saine
Boom Herron
Jamall Berry
Carlos Hyde

WR
Dane Sanzenbacher
Garrett Hummel
Posey DeVier
Ray Small
Jake Stoneburner
Lamar Thomas
Taurian Washington

well usually when they show an highlight of the game, they are going to show a player scoring a td.. and i'm guessing it's got 2 be 1 of them.... :noidea:

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
So anyone who doesn't like the Buckeyes is ignorant?

I wonder how long it would take you to switch bandwagons if OSU went on a run like the Brownies??

Browns fans who get sick of losing don't jump ship.....they just convince themselves they were Steeler fans all along.

We WANT you to hate us. But I take umbrage with those who don't RESPECT OSU. There's a huge difference. I happen to like PSU, but I've gotten into some pretty spirited arguments about OSU vs PSU on these boards over the years. The main thing I've always tried to do is at least know a little about the Lions program when I talk about them, and give some facts and stats to back up my arguments. You'll NEVER hear me throw out garbage like "So and so sucks and they will lose 50-0"...that's just stupid....

If you come on here displaying no knowledge of the program and just start bashing to bash, I'll call you out on it.

There's two ways to do this: Be respectful and talk football from a knowledgeable position, or just toss out some ignorant trash talk, in which case, it'd be better to move it to the Blast Furnace.

As for the bandwagon garbage, save it. I've been a Buckeye fan for over 30 years, and they definitely haven't all been glorious ones.

SteelersinCA
04-21-2009, 12:45 PM

RB
Brandon Saine
Boom Herron
Jamall Berry
Carlos Hyde

WR
Dane Sanzenbacher
Garrett Hummel
Posey DeVier
Ray Small
Jake Stoneburner
Lamar Thomas
Taurian Washington

Look I graduated from OSU, I was in Tempe when they won the National Championship, but none of those players are going to do squat. Take the homer glasses off for a bit. The big 10 is a joke, and has been for years. Look at bowl records. OSU is hanging on by a thread. They are lucky they play in the perennially weak conference they do. Watch how USC manhandles them again this year.

Those RBs and WRs did nothing against the soft big 10 teams. How can you justify them making a big splash this year??

lilyoder6
04-21-2009, 02:04 PM
the big 10 is still better than the big east, acc..

i think the only conf better than the big 10 is the sec and usc "i just count them on there own, as the pac-10 ser does blow"

and the big 12 is on the same lvl i think.. b/c there philospy is throw the ball and play no defense

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 03:42 PM
OSU has had an average finish of about #7 over the Tressel era. He finally started recruiting blue chip players who DON'T run and catch and throw the football.

I'm just not a nattering nabob of negativism, and, quite frankly, I think it's a joke that OSU alum expect to win a football championship every single year...

As far as the Big Ten being "a joke", that's also extremely short-sighted and petulant thinking. It's all cyclical, and the Big Ten will rise again.

SteelersinCA
04-21-2009, 04:59 PM
OSU has had an average finish of about #7 over the Tressel era. He finally started recruiting blue chip players who DON'T run and catch and throw the football.

I'm just not a nattering nabob of negativism, and, quite frankly, I think it's a joke that OSU alum expect to win a football championship every single year...

As far as the Big Ten being "a joke", that's also extremely short-sighted and petulant thinking. It's all cyclical, and the Big Ten will rise again.

I disagree about the big 10 rising again. I think they are on a steady decline. There is little hope for anyone in that conference save OSU and maybe UM. Let's face it, sports is a short sighted, what have you done for me lately environment. If that weren't the case John Cooper would still be there. What was the average finish of john Cooper teams?

Big 10 football is slow and boring, speed always, always, always kills Big 10 teams, and with the era of the spread offense, the big 10 is not in good shape. We can agree to disagree, fine by me, but what about my comments is petulant? Look at the Big 10's out of conference records against top 25 teams and bowl records, the numbers don't lie.

revefsreleets
04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Here's my problem with you: You don't bring facts to the table.

Guess what? The 2009 OSU football team will be it's fastest ever. They will be running the spread. So your whole argument becomes unhinged because you are citing "facts" that aren't, you know, actually real.

The Big Ten is a copycat conference just like any other. The spread is the flavor of the week. It will have it's 15 minutes and then something new will come along. You remind me of the people who said that satellite radio would kill terrestrial....I think Sirius/XM's stock is trading at about .15 a share right now.

SteelersinCA
04-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm sorry what facts have you brought but names that will be on highlights of ESPN?? Nice facts.

Do I have to post the facts of the big 10's records? Can I not just say UM against the Pac 10 in the beginning of the season for the last, oh several years? Or the Big 10's bowl record? Spare me the "you don't bring facts" argument. The numbers are all there, if you choose to ignore them, that's on you. I don't have to post them to validate my point, if you were an intellectually honest and informed fan, you would know exactly what I'm talking about without me posting the facts. These aren't college football secrets.

Fastest ever means nothing, they weren't particularly fast to begin with. That's like saying the Lions will be better this year, fantastic! Where are your so called facts?? Or because I'm saying something you don't like about your precious Buckeyes, I'm the one that has to bring facts??? The ONLY FACT you brought was OSU's average finish position under Tressel. Nice try.:noidea:

atlsteelers
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets; As far as the Big Ten being "a joke", that's also extremely short-sighted and petulant thinking. It's all cyclical, and the Big Ten will rise again.[/QUOTE]

As far as being short sighted - i am not completly sold on that arguement. You just need to follow the money. ESPN just gave the SEC 2.25 Billion dollars to show its football games. CBS gave the SEC 800 million dollars to show one game a week. So thats over 3 billion dollars in tv rights. so right now the SEC recieves about 70 million a year for tv rights. That now changes to 205 million a year and along with other endorsements yearly income for SEC athelitic departments is expected to increase by 20-25 million per school/per year. That includes lowly Miss. State and Vanderbilt. If you think on campus spending for facilities and coaches are top notch now - just wait. Also with ESPN in bed with the SEC expect to see ESPN to be sautarated with SEC talk, programing, and games. With that saturation expect the SECs dominance to continue. The SEC now has a tv contract when compared to the other conferences an anology can be drawn to the Yankees tv contract with the YES network and the rest of major league baseball.

where as this probally will not have any afftect on team like OSU, the overall effect on the big 10 will most likely be detreimental with its abitly to compete with coaches salaries and on campus facilties. In addition, it may have trouble getting the same exposure that it currently enjoys unless you forsee the big 10 network overshadowing ESPN.

Also i think the Pyror will be very dangerous running a spread offense and i expect OSU to continue its dominance of the big 10.

SteelersinCA
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Since I'm such a nice guy and because i don't want you to have any "problem" with me....:coffee:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=DEFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=ascending OSU faced 2 defense in the top 30, PSU and USC, how'd those games turn out??? The rest of the big 10's Defense is all below the top 30.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/16343161/ Last years stellar big 10 bowl record!!

http://deadguysecpicks.blogspot.com/2008/01/updated-bowl-records-over-last-decade.html Conference bowl records over the last 10 years, outstanding showing Big 10, take OSU out of the equation and the Big 10 would be disastrous.

I won't even talk about Prior's miserable mechanics, run first mentality or the fact that he only averaged 7.0 yards per completion against the weak big 10 defenses because you'll say he was only a frosh and now he has a new offense and because i believe he'll be the lone bright spot on the team.

Care to bring any of your facts, homer?

SteelersinCA
04-22-2009, 10:27 AM
As far as being short sighted - i am not completly sold on that arguement. You just need to follow the money. ESPN just gave the SEC 2.25 Billion dollars to show its football games. CBS gave the SEC 800 million dollars to show one game a week. So thats over 3 billion dollars in tv rights. so right now the SEC recieves about 70 million a year for tv rights. That now changes to 205 million a year and along with other endorsements yearly income for SEC athelitic departments is expected to increase by 20-25 million per school/per year. That includes lowly Miss. State and Vanderbilt. If you think on campus spending for facilities and coaches are top notch now - just wait. Also with ESPN in bed with the SEC expect to see ESPN to be sautarated with SEC talk, programing, and games. With that saturation expect the SECs dominance to continue. The SEC now has a tv contract when compared to the other conferences an anology can be drawn to the Yankees tv contract with the YES network and the rest of major league baseball.

Don't forget about the Big 10 network, everyone loves watching Purdue vs Iowa in HD!!!!! :toofunny:

revefsreleets
04-22-2009, 10:36 AM
A) I'm pretty sure OSU has the best overall record in football since Tress arrived.
B) OSU is not slow to begin with. That's idiotic. They have been a little slow along the lines, particularly the OL. That changes with an emphasis on recruiting faster guys.
C) Big Ten has their own Network! Their own Network! You want to compare the SEC to YES, but the Big Ten already HAS THAT. It's called "The Big Ten Network" Jesus, how does a deal with CBS trump that?
D) The Big Ten also has a Ten Year deal with ESPN/ABC.

Pryor was true frosh...not even the benefit of Spring ball. This is beautiful! Keep posting CA...it all stays here so we can drag this back out in a few months and see how wildly off your prognostication is/was.

atlsteelers
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
rev
its all about revenue. how much revenue does the big 10 network generate? how much does espn pay the big ten?

if you want to look at the facts just look at the projected revenues.

The Big 12 and ABC/ESPN announced Thursday a contract extension that is reportedly worth almost $500 million, will run from 2008-2016 and extends from television across several multimedia platforms.

ESPN and the SEC have signed a contract for 15 years at 2.25 billion.
CBS and the SEC have signed a contract for 15 years at 800 million.

so eight years at 500 million or 15 years at 3.25 billion?

revefsreleets
04-22-2009, 10:55 AM
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58254

Big Ten Network alone could pay the conference almost 3 billion.

ESPN's deal is 1 billion over ten years.

National TV rights for Division I-A conferences
Conference
(2005-06 TV revenue, millions) Network(s) and terms

ACC ($69.05) ABC/ESPN (7 years, $258 million for football); Lincoln Financial/Raycom Sports ($300 million, 10 years for basketball)

Big 12 ($50.0) ABC/ESPN (8 years, $480 million); FSN* (4 years, $78 million)

Big East ($19.2**) ABC/ESPN (6 years, $200 million)

Big Ten (NA) ESPN (10 years, $1.0 billion);

CBS (10 years, $20 million for basketball); Big Ten Network (25 years, $2.8 billion)

Pac-10 ($43.0) ABC/ESPN (5 years, $125 million for football); FSN* (5 years, $97 million for football); ABC/ESPN (6 years, $52.5 million for basketball)

SEC ($57.0) CBS (NA) and ESPN (NA)

* FSN’s football contracts include a multiyear sublicense agreement with other cable networks.
The conferences receive no direct revenue from the sublicensing deals.
** Includes revenue from terrestrial radio rights deals. Does not include revenue from a six-year, $200 million deal that began in August 2007, giving ESPN rights to broadcast basketball and football games across all of its platforms.
Sources: Conference Form 990s filed with the IRS

SteelersinCA
04-22-2009, 11:05 AM
A) I'm pretty sure OSU has the best overall record in football since Tress arrived.
B) OSU is not slow to begin with. That's idiotic. They have been a little slow along the lines, particularly the OL. That changes with an emphasis on recruiting faster guys.
C) Big Ten has their own Network! Their own Network! You want to compare the SEC to YES, but the Big Ten already HAS THAT. It's called "The Big Ten Network" Jesus, how does a deal with CBS trump that?
D) The Big Ten also has a Ten Year deal with ESPN/ABC.

Pryor was true frosh...not even the benefit of Spring ball. This is beautiful! Keep posting CA...it all stays here so we can drag this back out in a few months and see how wildly off your prognostication is/was.

Still waiting on your facts...

A. What does OSU's record have to do with whether they play in a weak conference? If anything that further proves my point.
B. OSU is slow compared to the other top schools, do you not watch games?

Again, where are your facts? I will keep posting because OSU will cruise through another Big 10 season (because the Big 10 sucks, undisputed by any factual reference on your part) and they will probably back their way into another BCS game where they will be over matched (0-3 in the last 3 years? Again, undisputed by any factual reference by you).

See, your problem is you're a blind homer. You want to act like the OSU forum police and pretend you are going to call people on the carpet for not bringing facts. Yet, you bring none of your own, hypocrisy much? Take off the scarlet and gray glasses, admit the big 10 is weak and that OSU benefits from playing in a perennially weak conference, or bring your own facts, pretty simple. My points have been backed up with facts.

Your turn. :popcorn:

SteelersinCA
04-22-2009, 11:09 AM
I won't even talk about Prior's miserable mechanics, run first mentality or the fact that he only averaged 7.0 yards per completion against the weak big 10 defenses because you'll say he was only a frosh and now he has a new offense and because I believe he'll be the lone bright spot on the team.

Care to bring any of your facts, homer?

Pryor was true frosh...not even the benefit of Spring ball.

My prognostication seems to be just fine so far! :applaudit:

revefsreleets
04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Nah, this is boring.

But this fall will be fun!

Just curious...when the Bucks beat USC, what will be the excuse? The refs? Space Aliens?

atlsteelers
04-22-2009, 12:22 PM
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58254

Big Ten Network alone could pay the conference almost 3 billion.

ESPN's deal is 1 billion over ten years.

National TV rights for Division I-A conferences
Conference
(2005-06 TV revenue, millions) Network(s) and terms

ACC ($69.05) ABC/ESPN (7 years, $258 million for football); Lincoln Financial/Raycom Sports ($300 million, 10 years for basketball)

Big 12 ($50.0) ABC/ESPN (8 years, $480 million); FSN* (4 years, $78 million)

Big East ($19.2**) ABC/ESPN (6 years, $200 million)

Big Ten (NA) ESPN (10 years, $1.0 billion);

CBS (10 years, $20 million for basketball); Big Ten Network (25 years, $2.8 billion)

Pac-10 ($43.0) ABC/ESPN (5 years, $125 million for football); FSN* (5 years, $97 million for football); ABC/ESPN (6 years, $52.5 million for basketball)

SEC ($57.0) CBS (NA) and ESPN (NA)

* FSN’s football contracts include a multiyear sublicense agreement with other cable networks.
The conferences receive no direct revenue from the sublicensing deals.
** Includes revenue from terrestrial radio rights deals. Does not include revenue from a six-year, $200 million deal that began in August 2007, giving ESPN rights to broadcast basketball and football games across all of its platforms.
Sources: Conference Form 990s filed with the IRS

well citing an article that is over a year old prior to the mega deals that the SEC signed with ESPN and CBS is great. Also projecting that a network that barely made a profit to generate 3 billion is a joke.

atlsteelers
04-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Nah, this is boring.

Just curious...when the Bucks beat USC, what will be the excuse? The refs? Space Aliens?

Nah i would be more curiuos watching pigs fly

SteelersinCA
04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Nah, this is boring.

I love it, called out in your own call out thread!!! Now it's boring when the facts come out!! Blind homerism is grand!! :thumbsup:

Put your money where your mouth is, let's put a steelers shirt on the USC game. You can't come up with any facts in your "bring facts" thread, let's see if you'll sack up and place a wager. What was the Buckeyes excuse last year? :chuckle:

revefsreleets
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
I posted what I could easily find...and the SEC info was already posted. As I said, you bore me, so I'm not going to invest much more time sparring with you...although I do find it curious that your "facts" have nothing to do with Tressel's record, his recruiting, team speed, or their average finish. What IS clear is that you hate the Buckeyes...and THAT I enjoy, regardless of your status as alum or not.

It will be fun watching you be wrong...and I'll be here to point it out...

The bet? You're on.

Bucks 31
Trojans 21

Pryor (bad mechanics and all:rofl:) will pass for 200 and rush for 150.

lilyoder6
04-23-2009, 09:30 AM
The bet? You're on.

Bucks 31
Trojans 21

Pryor (bad mechanics and all:rofl:) will pass for 200 and rush for 150.

u MUST be high... not only are the trojans one of the best teams in college football.. i highly doubt pryor will do that against them..

revefsreleets
04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Pryor has bust written all over him:toofunny:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/04/17/osufb_4-17.ART_ART_04-17-09_C1_94DJ430.html?sid=101

Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor made it clear yesterday that last season was not good enough, both personally and as a team.

Talking tough at times, the sophomore said he was disgusted when he watched film of his debut season and saw how much he did not know about coverages and defenses.

Pryor was inserted into the starting lineup after Ohio State lost to Southern California to drop to 2-1. The Buckeyes finished 10-3, losing to Penn State and then to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

He vowed to become a better leader, to keep the Buckeyes together "and make sure we're getting after it, because there's teams out there waiting for us, and there's teams that we owe some stuff to. So we've just got to bring it, man."

Pryor threw for 1,311 yards last season, with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions. He led the Big Ten in passing efficiency, but he threw the ball only 15 times a game in his 10 starts.

Part of that was a conservative game plan, but part was Pryor's inexperience. He often pulled down the ball and ran it, ending as the Buckeyes' second-leading rusher with 631 yards.

He did not report last year until June and practiced as the backup to Todd Boeckman for all of preseason camp and the first three weeks of the season.

So the idea is that with a full offseason behind him -- studying film and working on fundamentals -- Pryor will be a more polished passer this fall.

The films have taught him some tough lessons. "I can't believe I didn't know that. But now I know it -- I know when that strong blitz comes, I'm going to go weak to that comeback (route) and we're going to get 18 yards, and get the ball to the receivers that can go, and maybe they can take it to the house."

Offensive quality-control coach Nick Siciliano, who has been working most closely with Pryor, said the emphasis was to improve Pryor's recognition and his footwork.

Contrary to many observers' belief, Siciliano said Pryor's sometimes funky throwing motion is not the problem.

"Most of the time, you'll find that if there's an issue somewhere, it's more with (a quarterback's) legs than it is their upper body," he said.

With Pryor's motion, "There are times where the ball doesn't always come off at the perfect point," Siciliano said. "(But) I don't think he's got an issue with it."

Pryor said he has been working on going through a five-step drop, planting and driving off as he throws. He said he's throwing with more velocity this spring.

He said he has gained seven or eight pounds of muscle in the offseason and is up to 238. He said he's fine physically, other than having a sore arm for a day or two last week.

He had little patience for talking about last year, brushing off a question about his poor performance in the Texas game (5-of-14 passing), and another one about the coaching staff taking criticism for its offensive philosophy.

"I don't listen to anybody outside the team," he said. "And us as a team, we don't listen. If coach (Jim Tressel) was coming in and saying something like, 'This is horrible,' and saying all this stuff that outsiders are saying, then we'd worry, but he's not going to do that.

"He's a perfect coach, and we've got the perfect staff, and we don't really care what anyone else says."

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-23-2009, 10:18 AM
u MUST be high... not only are the trojans one of the best teams in college football.. i highly doubt pryor will do that against them..

Considering USC's top 4 linebackers are all leaving those stats could be a bit modest. Pryor was a god send coming out of high school and now all of the sudden he is garbage because because he dosn't win a title in is true freshmen season. Give me a break. Tressel and the rest of the OSU coaching staff are going to develope him into a better passer just like they did with Troy Smith.

lilyoder6
04-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Considering USC's top 4 linebackers are all leaving those stats could be a bit modest. Pryor was a god send coming out of high school and now all of the sudden he is garbage because because he dosn't win a title in is true freshmen season. Give me a break. Tressel and the rest of the OSU coaching staff are going to develope him into a better passer just like they did with Troy Smith.

u and rev must be blind....

did i say the kid was a bust??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

i just said i highly doubt that he will get 200 yrds passing and 150 yrs rushing against usc... and the last time i checked... that didn't translate into me calling him a bust

and so what if usc is losing there starting 3/4 lb's... there replacements will prob be just as good...

lilyoder6
04-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, Pryor has bust written all over him:toofunny:

if that was towards me...

u must be blind.. cuz no where did i say the kid was a bust.... and u need to know how 2 read..

if it wasn't then..sry..

revefsreleets
04-23-2009, 12:09 PM
No, not you...CA. He is the self-professed expert on all things Buckeye football, except he doesn't actually seem to know ANYTHING about the current team.

Back to Pryor. True Frosh. Didn't join the team until June. Played with the second team until September. Ran Boeckman's offense. Considering all that, he still managed to come in and be productive, and he literally showed flashes of single-handedly taking games over.

The knocks I've heard against him here are largely irrelevant when considered in context. Was he run-first? You betcha...he may be next year, too. Maybe not, though. The kid CAN pass. He was asked to do very little last year. Look for the primary receiver, and if he's not open, take off. Weird delivery and poor mechanics? Perhaps...but so what? Favre had both, and he turned out okay.

With a year under his belt, a new offense geared towards his strengths, and some proper tutelage, Pryor will most definitely show why he was the #1 recruit last year.

SteelersinCA
04-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Only problem with Pryor is that his passes suck for the most part, he has no WRs and no RB. Other than that he should be great! Prepare for your beatdown in the Shoe!!

The big 10 is a joke, and has been for years. Look at bowl records. OSU is hanging on by a thread. They are lucky they play in the perennially weak conference they do. Watch how USC manhandles them again this year.

Those RBs and WRs did nothing against the soft big 10 teams. How can you justify them making a big splash this year??

I disagree about the big 10 rising again. I think they are on a steady decline. There is little hope for anyone in that conference save OSU and maybe UM.

Look at the Big 10's out of conference records against top 25 teams and bowl records, the numbers don't lie.

I'm sorry what facts have you brought but names that will be on highlights of ESPN?? Nice facts.

Do I have to post the facts of the big 10's records? Can I not just say UM against the Pac 10 in the beginning of the season for the last, oh several years? Or the Big 10's bowl record? Spare me the "you don't bring facts" argument. The numbers are all there, if you choose to ignore them, that's on you. I don't have to post them to validate my point, if you were an intellectually honest and informed fan, you would know exactly what I'm talking about without me posting the facts. These aren't college football secrets.

The ONLY FACT you brought was OSU's average finish position under Tressel. Nice try.:noidea:

Still waiting on your facts...

A. What does OSU's record have to do with whether they play in a weak conference? If anything that further proves my point.
B. OSU is slow compared to the other top schools, do you not watch games?

Again, where are your facts? I will keep posting because OSU will cruise through another Big 10 season (because the Big 10 sucks, undisputed by any factual reference on your part) and they will probably back their way into another BCS game where they will be over matched (0-3 in the last 3 years? Again, undisputed by any factual reference by you).

See, your problem is you're a blind homer. You want to act like the OSU forum police and pretend you are going to call people on the carpet for not bringing facts. Yet, you bring none of your own, hypocrisy much? Take off the scarlet and gray glasses, admit the big 10 is weak and that OSU benefits from playing in a perennially weak conference, or bring your own facts, pretty simple. My points have been backed up with facts.

Your turn. :popcorn:

I posted what I could easily find...and the SEC info was already posted. As I said, you bore me, so I'm not going to invest much more time sparring with you...although I do find it curious that your "facts" have nothing to do with Tressel's record, his recruiting, team speed, or their average finish. What IS clear is that you hate the Buckeyes...and THAT I enjoy, regardless of your status as alum or not.

No, not you...CA. He is the self-professed expert on all things Buckeye football, except he doesn't actually seem to know ANYTHING about the current team.

Since you obviously have a giant reading comprehension problem, I restated all my arguments with some of your attempts at deflection.

My point is, and always has been throughout the thread, that the big 10 is weak and OSU benefits from playing in a piss poor conference. What does Tressel's record have to do with playing in a weak conference? What's his BCS record? What's the big 10's out of conference record? Those are the FACTS I posted. His recruiting , team speed and average finish have absolutely ZERO to do with playing in a weak conference, other than it helps his overall record.

Read my comments, I said OSU will cruise through the Big 10. I don't hate OSU, I hate ignorant homer fans like you.

You HOPE Pryor is fine with his mechanics, You HOPE he proves he is the #1 recruit. Then you bring in Favre like that rationalizes it all. That's 1 guy out of how many???? That's your proof??? If you could just be reasonable for one second instead of getting all butt hurt whenever anyone points out a glaring deficiency in OSU's game maybe we could have an intelligent conversation. Now it's all personal for you because you are offended ANYONE would criticize the great OSU :coffee:

You can't bring any facts to prove the Big 10 isn't weak, because they are.

You can't bring any facts to prove Pryor will be remarkable this year, no one knows.

I brought facts to back up my points and now it's boring. I don't profess to be the all knowing guru on OSU football, but it you take a time-out and stop being a baby, you will see I brought up very real and very reasonable points.

This is typical of OSU fans, will you remember to bring the thread up when you lose?? I like the black Sixburgh shirt, size L please. :wave:

SteelersinCA
04-23-2009, 01:57 PM
if that was towards me...

u must be blind.. cuz no where did i say the kid was a bust.... and u need to know how 2 read..

if it wasn't then..sry..

Nor did I say he was a bust, but rev seems to be pulling a tony hipchest when it comes to OSU :flap:

SteelersinCA
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM

You are absolutely right, no one expected him to win the NC last year, and no one in this thread said he is garbage or a bust. The problem, in large part, with OSU fans is they are way too into OSU, probably because there isn't much else in OH. You can't be reasonable with them.

Pryor threw a lot of garbage passes last year. I don't think you can honestly say he impressed anyone as a passer. He showed flashes of brilliance, but it was more with his running than passing. Sure he had some pretty balls, and he had some terrible balls. For the most part he was a mediocre passer at best. Fair enough?

Sure he'll be better this year, but what does he have around him that will complement him? His whole offense is gone and the defense took a big hit too. The WRs and RBs are unproven. The little they did show last year was not anything to write home about. If OSU exceeds expectations next year it will because of Pryor, not because of any other offensive weapon. OSU will easily be a top 15 team next year, maybe top 10. They may be ranked higher at the end because they will lose to USC in week 2 then cake walk through the big 10.

SteelersinCA
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
i just said i highly doubt that he will get 200 yrds passing and 150 yrs rushing against usc...

I think he will because that's all they have.

revefsreleets
04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Bleep
Blop
Bloop

Interesting...you are backpeddling left and right here. Now "Pryor is all they have", and you were just bashing the eff out of him a few posts ago. And its funny how all your "facts" are simply your own observations, which you use to brush aside my actual stats and facts. OSU has the best record in college football since Tressel took over? Well, that's clearly because you observe that the Big Ten sucks. Average finish of 7? Well, that's because you observe that they never play anybody, (even though they are in BCS bowls just about every year, and have a major OOC contest early every season). So what you are doing is calling your own observations facts, and refuting my statistics with them. That doesn't hold up under scrutiny, though. Did you know that OSU's SOS last year was 9th? How could that be, since they never play anybody?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/polls/119

Read up on the players on this team and get back to me...until you actually display some remote semblence of knowledge concerning these new players I have no more to say to you...and since you already know everything about, well, everything, I'm sure you won't be getting back to me anytime soon.

Here's my shirt, Skippy...I'll take it in large.
http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL_Pittsburgh_Steelers_T-Shirts/Pittsburgh_Steelers_Super_Bowl_XLIII_Champions_Gol d_Six-Burgh_Long_Sleeve_T-shirt

SteelersinCA
04-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Read up on the players on this team and get back to me...until you actually display some remote semblence of knowledge concerning these new players I have no more to say to you...and since you already know everything about, well, everything, I'm sure you won't be getting back to me anytime soon.

Oh you mean read up on them like Pryor was 2nd on the team last year in rushing with 600 yds? Or maybe how only 1 person on the current team caught more than 21 passes last year on a team that was 105th in passing? That guy is now a TE and only caught 21??

You're right Rev, those DO sound like highlight numbers on ESPN! :sofunny: but because they have a new offense, YOU HOPE it will all be better. Even though the majority of their top recruits are people who can run, catch and DBs. You check that out?

You have nothing to say because you have reading comprehension issues ( where was I bashing the eff out of Pryor) and because you can't argue that big 10 record against other conferences or in the BCS. Have a nice day Rev, see you after week 2!

SteelersinCA
04-24-2009, 09:01 AM
OSU has the best record in college football since Tressel took over?

Tressel and Carroll since 01:

Tressel 83-19 overall, 52-12 in the big 10, 3-3 in BCS bowls average finish 6.4

Carroll 88-15 overall, 57-10 in Pac 10, 6-1 in BCS bowls, average finish 2.4

Better check your fact sources there Rev, let them know you're getting handled on SF. Sucks when you're caught in an out and out lie.

Maybe in Ohio 83-19 is a better record than 88-15???? :noidea: :toofunny::wave:

revefsreleets
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Tressel and Carroll since 01:

Tressel 83-19 overall, 52-12 in the big 10, 3-3 in BCS bowls average finish 6.4

Carroll 88-15 overall, 57-10 in Pac 10, 6-1 in BCS bowls, average finish 2.4

Better check your fact sources there Rev, let them know you're getting handled on SF. Sucks when you're caught in an out and out lie.

Maybe in Ohio 83-19 is a better record than 88-15???? :noidea: :toofunny::wave:

A lie? Read my original post on that...a lot of this stuff I do off the top of my head...just another way in which you and I are VASTLY different (You clearly scrambled around and did a quick Google search for some stats on the current team, but, hey, at least you probably unintentionaly learned a little something along the way, so it's not ALL bad)

So he's got the 2nd best record. And SoCal hardly plays an SEC caliber schedule, so your own argument could be used against you. Regardless, SOS, as well as conference strength, is cyclical. The rumors of the demise of OSU are greatly exagerated...

http://i7.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/ac/f5/7e42_1.JPG

SteelersinCA
04-24-2009, 04:03 PM
A lie? Read my original post on that...a lot of this stuff I do off the top of my head...just another way in which you and I are VASTLY different (You clearly scrambled around and did a quick Google search for some stats on the current team, but, hey, at least you probably unintentionaly learned a little something along the way, so it's not ALL bad)

So he's got the 2nd best record. And SoCal hardly plays an SEC caliber schedule, so your own argument could be used against you. Regardless, SOS, as well as conference strength, is cyclical. The rumors of the demise of OSU are greatly exagerated...

http://i7.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/ac/f5/7e42_1.JPG

You do a lot of it off the top of your head but want others to bring facts? Nice.

Hey I'm not arguing that USC doesn't benefit from a down Pac 10. I'm simply stating that the big 10 is weak and OSU benefits from that. I think that's clear from the Big 10's out of conference record, which I posted, and from their BCS record, also posted. That has been my argument all along. You can deflect as much as you wish.

If you made the same argument about USC, I think it would be reasonable except for their BCS record and the Pac 10s BCS record. We are VASTLY different, I don't get upset, pout and put on the homer blinders when someone articulates real and reasonable statements about my teams.

Also, I never said OSU was demising, I said the Big 10 was. I have repeatedly stated OSU will cruise through the Big 10. Take off the blinders, Rev and calm down.

SteelersinCA
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Either way Revs, there appears to be a more pressing matter for you attend to in the Locker Room in case you missed it. Go defend yourself there please, in all seriousness.

xfl2001fan
04-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Either way Revs, there appears to be a more pressing matter for you attend to in the Locker Room in case you missed it. Go defend yourself there please, in all seriousness.

Leave the racist alone. :flap: I'm his attorney in this matter dammit. :sofunny:

SteelersinCA
04-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Arguing over football is one thing, calling people racist, I think that's BS. but good work having his back.

revefsreleets
04-25-2009, 02:12 PM
That kid only gets one post...he's very misguided and genuinely angry over all the wrong things.

When's the OSU/USC game again?

SteelCityMan786
04-25-2009, 02:17 PM
That kid only gets one post...he's very misguided and genuinely angry over all the wrong things.

When's the OSU/USC game again?

September 12

revefsreleets
04-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Wish it was tonight...

SteelersinCA
04-25-2009, 04:07 PM
No you don't, Pryor needs time to learn the new O.

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
No you don't, Pryor needs time to learn the new O.

Who's your starting QB? How many game-throws has he made? How many college defenses has he faced?

Hmm...seems like Pryor has the edge in experience.

SteelersinCA
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Mine? Who is my team? Just cause I think USC will rick roll OSU doesn't make them my team.

Pryor may very well be the better QB, won't know til Sept 12, but if you think they can announce a new offense last week, learn it by tonight and beat USC, you are more than wishing on a shooting star. I think last year's score was pretty clear evidence that the old offense didn't work. The sensitivity of you Ohio fans never ceases to amaze me.

In case you forgot, here's what they said after last year's contest http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-bucksbust091308

Not everything is so personal, some things are just common sense, duh kind of stuff.:noidea:

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Not that it would have made a difference, but the constant switching of QBs didn't help last year against USC either.

We were out coached and out played...but being out coached is what really bothered me.

SteelersinCA
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
I agree, but Pryor was no where close to ready for that game. I don't know why Tressel gets conservative. I often wonder how much longer it will be acceptable for OSU to roll thru the big 10 and get out coached in the Bowl?

It will be interesting to see how much he changes the game plan to fit with the teams talents this year. So far I have been nothing but disappointed in Tressel's utilization of the talent on his team.

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I'll give you this one chance to back out CA...a frosh QB in his second game in the Shoe is basically doomed...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/The-kid-s-alright-Barkley-officially-USC-s-firs?urn=ncaaf,185592

So much for paying your dues: As of a few minutes ago, Matt Barkley is officially slated to become the first true freshman quarterback to start a USC opener:

"It's clear to us as a staff that Matt Barkley is ready to be the starting quarterback at USC," Carroll said. "He has exceeded all our expectations. He has all the physical ability, he has the mentality and temperament to handle the position, his personality is very well received by all the players and he's extremely talented.

"He's the starting quarterback at USC -- it's not a one-game deal," Carroll said.

SteelersinCA
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Not only are you an internet big man, you are also a poor judge of character. I wouldn't back out under any circumstances. Don't project your own trepidation on me.

They don't come more hyped than Barkley, even when their last name is "Clausen," and the competition at USC is its own quality control. He seized the highest profile job in college sports like it was a birthright.

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Not only are you an internet big man, you are also a poor judge of character. I wouldn't back out under any circumstances. Don't project your own trepidation on me.

Please be mindful of whom you call out on this board. I've met many people here and from SN. I've shown up in Browns bars in my jersey after announcing on their board exactly who I am and what I'd be wearing. I have zero fear of backing up anything I say here, and present myself exactly the same way in person as I do online. You are WAY off base calling me an internet tough guy....but that doesn't surprise me because you strike me as the kind of guy who projects his own weaknesses onto others in order to prop yourself up artificially. Your posts are RIFE with the that which you falsely claim of me...

Anyway, bet on.

SteelersinCA
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
No one is calling you out, if you think I am challenging you to a physical altercation in any way, LOL. :toofunny: You called me an ass because you couldn't read and are too small of a man to admit to it. That's what makes you an internet big man. I don't care how many Browns bars you show up to, do what you want. Your "careful admonition" is duly noted and discarded. ...innuendo of a physical altercation, wow, just wow.

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 02:32 PM
No one is calling you out, if you think I am challenging you to a physical altercation in any way, LOL. :toofunny: You called me an ass because you couldn't read and are too small of a man to admit to it. That's what makes you an internet big man. I don't care how many Browns bars you show up to, do what you want. Your "careful admonition" is duly noted and discarded. ...innuendo of a physical altercation, wow, just wow.

I'm in no way refering to any kind of "physical altercation"...fighting over this stuff is lower than retarded...and suggesting that I was insinuating that is both a diversion and a cop-out. I have in the past and will continue in the future to match you wit for wit on this board and I have repeatedly found you wanting...

I'm simply calling your asinine behavior out EXACTLY as I would if I was standing nose to nose with you.

I think YOU are the internet tough guy...and the kind of guy who if he was drowning would stand on his best friends shoulders and drown HIM to save yourself (But your internet persona would probably act altruistic). We can go round and round and round if you like...but you're still just hiding behind your keyboard and casting baseless aspersions at me...

And let's get one thing straight: I called you an ass because you ARE an ass. You've been an ass since you started posting here...and, again, if you were standing right in front of me (ignoring the fact that you would NEVER talk to me this way in person) and acted this way I'd call you an ass to your face. THAT'S the difference between an internet tough guy (you) and someone like me...

And one more thing: NONE of this has anything to do with USC v OSU. I don't like you or people like you at all, in person or on the internet, but I'll still pay up if my team loses the game.

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
:popcorn:

Steel Head
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Pryor is a sick player

He could challenge the other big 3 for the heisman

Do you think he goes pro after this year?

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Pryor is a sick player

He could challenge the other big 3 for the heisman

Do you think he goes pro after this year?

If he can effectively run the offense and make all the reads and throws...it's the knock on all these guys. There are tons of athletes who can play a little QB, throw the ball a mile, etc, etc, (See: Michael Vick) but very few TRUE QB's who can run and have all these other athletic gifts.

I know this (just based on what Tress has said): He's already better than Troy Smith, and he's WAY more athletically gifted. Jim Bollman crafted this offense around Pryor, so as he goes, so goes the Buckeyes offense, and so goes the Bucks season. Their OL is not as good as a team like USC's, but it's the best they've had in years. I expect their defense to be top notch, and they probably have the best DL in the Country this year. If the rest of the team plays up to specs, and they get in and stay in the BCS picture into the first week of January, I think Pryor COULD win the Heisman, and, unlike Tebow, he'll definitely come out if he has that kind of season...

Steel Head
08-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I think Pryor COULD win the Heisman, and, unlike Tebow, he'll definitely come out if he has that kind of season...

Yeah, it will probably be a close heisman race again. i think this is the first time ever that all 3 finalist are returning. Tebow would probably be my favorite followed by McCoy

I don't see why Pryor would't go pro because he will probably be a lock for top 10 pick (top 5 more likely)

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Tebow will have trouble following up his success...he's a FB playing QB, and that's not going to change this year or on Sundays. McCoy is my frontrunner now...

SteelersinCA
08-28-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm in no way refering to any kind of "physical altercation"...fighting over this stuff is lower than retarded...and suggesting that I was insinuating that is both a diversion and a cop-out. I have in the past and will continue in the future to match you wit for wit on this board and I have repeatedly found you wanting...

I'm simply calling your asinine behavior out EXACTLY as I would if I was standing nose to nose with you.

I think YOU are the internet tough guy...and the kind of guy who if he was drowning would stand on his best friends shoulders and drown HIM to save yourself (But your internet persona would probably act altruistic). We can go round and round and round if you like...but you're still just hiding behind your keyboard and casting baseless aspersions at me...

And let's get one thing straight: I called you an ass because you ARE an ass. You've been an ass since you started posting here...and, again, if you were standing right in front of me (ignoring the fact that you would NEVER talk to me this way in person) and acted this way I'd call you an ass to your face. THAT'S the difference between an internet tough guy (you) and someone like me...

And one more thing: NONE of this has anything to do with USC v OSU. I don't like you or people like you at all, in person or on the internet, but I'll still pay up if my team loses the game.

At least we all now realize you are a small man who lives and breathes by exerting himself on a internet message board. You can never admit when you are wrong, and obviously have deeper issues than just with me.

You haven't liked me since day 1 because I don't like OSU. You are an ignorant homer and can't take any criticism of OSU. I don't care if I leave you wanting, you're an angry, joke of a man. Unlike you I don't derive my satisfaction from posting on a message board or three all day. You're an abrasive individual who thinks much more highly of himself than reality dictates. Look at the vitriol you spew all day in the political forums; calling Tony a second stringer etc. You're your own hero.

I've tried to be civil to your after repeated defensive and conceited posturing by you, yet you continue to display your arrogant hostility for me, which I find amusing. You don't know anything about me, but that would again be consistent with your consuming hatred of me. I'm not the one calling anyone an ass because I fail to grasp simple sentence structure. Paint me however you will, I don't care in the slightest.

You can deflect away as much as you want but anyone with common sense can see exactly what you were insinuating in your post about showing up at a browns bar after telling someone exactly what you would be wearing. What were you telling them for, so you could shake hands and have a beer? Now you start with this nose to nose crap. Get a grip man.

What exactly am I diverting or copping out of? Please, stop acting like you are the God of SF. Hardly baseless when your own words are the base.

I have good news for you, we can put all your theories to the test. I'll be in Akron from Sept 6-10, you want to settle this we can. I got nothing to hide from you. Again, put your money where your mouth is. You stick up for you team let's see if you'll stick up for yourself. We'll see if you think I'm an ass after that. I sincerely doubt you'll have this same kind of venom then. You'll be singing a different tune. Hell if you could get over your consuming hatred for me because I insulted your precious little CFB team maybe you wouldn't be so spiteful. I'd say I'd by you a beer and we could talk this through, but at this point I just want to call you out, I'm willing to bet you don't show.

You can come back on here and tell all of SF, not that they care, who said what to whose face. Of course, be forewarned, it will require you to eat your words. Again, you'll twist and deflect so you don't ever have to actually say you were wrong. What do you say Rev? I'll tell you where I'm going to be and what I'm wearing, we'll see if you sack up. After all that appears to be your MO.

:popcorn: Indeed.

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I hate to disappoint because it's clear that you spent a lot of time coming up with that response, but i stopped reading after the first paragraph...

I'll just say you win and walk away, because you aren't worth a bucket of warm piss, let alone more than a few minutes of my time.

Congratulations on your big internet message board war victory.

Oh wait...you are going to be in Akron 9/6-9/10?

Let me know where you'll be, internet big man, and I'll show up...I'd give you a time and a place, but I want to make this as easy and convenient for you as possible.

SteelersinCA
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Make sure you bring all your anger, I want you in "starter" shape!

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Make sure you bring all your anger, I want you in "starter" shape!

I'll just show up to show up...you don't make me angry, you just make me happy I'm not you...

SteelersinCA
08-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Profound, you are awe-inspiring. I hope you are true to your word.

revefsreleets
08-29-2009, 01:20 PM
No biggie as long as I don't have to go out of my way, I'll meet up with you or whatever. You'll get about 2 minutes of my time, long enough for me to say that I showed...

7SteelGal43
08-29-2009, 02:05 PM
:popcorn:

I know right ? this is gettin good.......pass me some popcorn.

7SteelGal43
08-29-2009, 02:15 PM
I hate to disappoint because it's clear that you spent a lot of time coming up with that response, but i stopped reading after the first paragraph...

I'll just say you win and walk away, because you aren't worth a bucket of warm piss, let alone more than a few minutes of my time.

Congratulations on your big internet message board war victory.

Oh wait...you are going to be in Akron 9/6-9/10?

Let me know where you'll be, internet big man, and I'll show up...I'd give you a time and a place, but I want to make this as easy and convenient for you as possible.

wait....if you stopped reading after the first paragraph, how'd you know when he was gonna be in Akron ? :popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2009, 02:57 PM
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3764/ethug.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/i/ethug.jpg/)

7SteelGal43
08-29-2009, 03:03 PM
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3764/ethug.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/i/ethug.jpg/)

:rofl:

revefsreleets
08-29-2009, 06:32 PM
wait....if you stopped reading after the first paragraph, how'd you know when he was gonna be in Akron ? :popcorn:

The date grabbed my attention as I was scrolling through...

E-thug? I'm absolutely sure that is not applicable to me...hence the whole, you know, meeting up with some internet tough guy weirdo just to prove as much....

7SteelGal43
08-30-2009, 12:05 AM
The date grabbed my attention as I was scrolling through... ah, of course :wink02:

E-thug? I'm absolutely sure that is not applicable to me...hence the whole, you know, meeting up with some internet tough guy weirdo just to prove as much....

Are ya completely absolutley sure ? Quite honestly, to me, it sounded like he pegged ya pretty good in that post you didn't read. :noidea: IMO

MasterOfPuppets
08-30-2009, 12:10 AM
The date grabbed my attention as I was scrolling through...

naw..i wasn't directing it toward anyone inparticular.i just thought it fit in with the direction the thread has taken...:laughing:

SteelersinCA
08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
No biggie as long as I don't have to go out of my way, I'll meet up with you or whatever. You'll get about 2 minutes of my time, long enough for me to say that I showed...

Just make sure it's long enough so that you can hear me say whatever it is you think I won't say to your face. Nah, you're right you better make it quick, I'd hate for you to stay, have a beer and have to find out you couldn't be further off in your assessment of me. I love how I'm the internet tough guy when you're the one starting this whole "careful who you call out, I show up in Browns bars, you wouldn't say it to my face" thing.

Although I am curious if you just post random messages on Browns forums and say I'll be at so and so and be wearing X, walk in and walk out or is there some other purpose? Seems like a giant waste of time to me because clearly there is no indication of physical altercation in phrases like meet me at so and so I'll be wearing X, you wouldn't say it to my face, and nose to nose. Are you a close talker? I don't stand nose to nose with anyone when I'm talking to them. Funny how you're the one that admits to doing this several times but then through the other side of your mouth say fighting over this is lower than retarded.

It's OK, I'll respond for you: You aren't worth my time, blah, blah, blah.

revefsreleets
08-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Just make sure it's long enough so that you can hear me say whatever it is you think I won't say to your face. Nah, you're right you better make it quick, I'd hate for you to stay, have a beer and have to find out you couldn't be further off in your assessment of me. I love how I'm the internet tough guy when you're the one starting this whole "careful who you call out, I show up in Browns bars, you wouldn't say it to my face" thing.

Although I am curious if you just post random messages on Browns forums and say I'll be at so and so and be wearing X, walk in and walk out or is there some other purpose? Seems like a giant waste of time to me because clearly there is no indication of physical altercation in phrases like meet me at so and so I'll be wearing X, you wouldn't say it to my face, and nose to nose. Are you a close talker? I don't stand nose to nose with anyone when I'm talking to them. Funny how you're the one that admits to doing this several times but then through the other side of your mouth say fighting over this is lower than retarded.

It's OK, I'll respond for you: You aren't worth my time, blah, blah, blah.

They, like you, start babbling about how I'm an internet tough guy, and how I'm a big profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter hiding behind a keyboard, and other nonsense...pretty much the same drivel you laid on me...during the season, I'll just kindly let them know where I'll be, what bar or pub, as well as what name is on the back of my jersey if they'd like to discuss the matter in person, since they, like you, are always SO sure that I'd be something different in person.

They never show...nor will you...

Oh, and lesbian Republican lady...an "Internet tough guy" is the one that does ALL the talking with his keyboard, and no one ever meets him or sees him...that ain't me...

7SteelGal43
08-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh, and lesbian Republican lady...an "Internet tough guy" is the one that does ALL the talking with his keyboard, and no one ever meets him or sees him...that ain't me...

:applaudit: YAY ME...I got a new nickname....let's make it LRL for short. Oh, and I officially retract the word "internet". I'm really looking forward to hearing 'bout the meeting. Please, I want both of you to promise me there WILL be video...or at least pics. :thumbsup:

Sincerely,
LRL

SteelersinCA
08-31-2009, 12:50 AM
They, like you, start babbling about how I'm an internet tough guy, and how I'm a big profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter hiding behind a keyboard, and other nonsense...pretty much the same drivel you laid on me...during the season, I'll just kindly let them know where I'll be, what bar or pub, as well as what name is on the back of my jersey if they'd like to discuss the matter in person, since they, like you, are always SO sure that I'd be something different in person.

They never show...nor will you...

So, basically these internet tough guys say the same things to you that you've (all the while trying to accuse me of it) said to me AND I'm the internet tough guy???? I have no illusions you are anything different in person. I expect you'll be the same arrogant, small man you are online. I'm not the one saying "you wouldn't say this to my face." :blah:

SteelersinCA
08-31-2009, 12:52 AM
:applaudit: YAY ME...I got a new nickname....let's make it LRL for short. Oh, and I officially retract the word "internet". I'm really looking forward to hearing 'bout the meeting. Please, I want both of you to promise me there WILL be video...or at least pics. :thumbsup:

Sincerely,
LRL

From the sounds of it he's just showing to show, he won't stick around long enough for pictures, beer or for me to "say it to his face."

MasterOfPuppets
08-31-2009, 01:00 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4W1Qpw8rSnE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4W1Qpw8rSnE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:toofunny:

revefsreleets
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
You won't show anyway, so I'm not going to waste much more time on this...

Can we get back to discussing Pryor and the Buckeyes now?

lilyoder6
08-31-2009, 11:42 AM
are u 2 having a lil disagreement???

anywho.. pryor will have a good start of the season b/c he be playing scrubs...

i do think he will have a decent/good game against usc.. but i don't think it will be good enough to win the game for osu..

7SteelGal43
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4W1Qpw8rSnE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4W1Qpw8rSnE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

OH, IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG :yep:

Steel Head
08-31-2009, 02:42 PM
From the sounds of it he's just showing to show, he won't stick around long enough for pictures, beer or for me to "say it to his face."

you'll have to get down on your knees if you want to look him in the eyes and "say it to his face" lol

revefsreleets
08-31-2009, 03:28 PM
are u 2 having a lil disagreement???

anywho.. pryor will have a good start of the season b/c he be playing scrubs...

i do think he will have a decent/good game against usc.. but i don't think it will be good enough to win the game for osu..

Navy is NOT a pushover game...they are a legit bowl perennial bowl team...and their second game of the season is USC. Show me ONE team in Division one football with a tougher 1-2 combo to open with. Most teams open with cream puffs on BOTH weekends...

USC is also in rebuilding mode, but QB WILL be the difference. Their Frosh QB may be really great, but the Shoe at night, in front of 103,000 rabid Buckeye fans, in only his second outing, with a defense out for revenge will be too much for him to handle. And Pryor has a massive chip on his shoulder...I expect him to have a tremendous Heisman-type performance.

Also, I won't sink to any more baiting concerning the internet heavyweight champ...he'll either show up or he won't, and it won't matter much either way (I'm certainly not going to gloat when he doesn't, because there is absolutely a ZERO chance of it happening)...the peanut gallery can have fun with it if they like, but I'm abstaining from any further nonsense pertaining to the matter....

lilyoder6
08-31-2009, 10:48 PM
USC is also in rebuilding mode, but QB WILL be the difference. Their Frosh QB may be really great, but the Shoe at night, in front of 103,000 rabid Buckeye fans, in only his second outing, with a defense out for revenge will be too much for him to handle. And Pryor has a massive chip on his shoulder...I expect him to have a tremendous Heisman-type performance.

yea.. but this is pete carroll we are talking about... if the man thinks this true frosh can lead the team.. i bet he can lead the team...

and doesn't hurt when u have weapons like joe mcknight, cj gable, williams and johnson...

and taylor mays is a freak of nature...

SteelersinCA
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Show me ONE team in Division one football with a tougher 1-2 combo to open with. Most teams open with cream puffs on BOTH weekends...

Va Tech:

1 - #5 Alabama
2 - Marshall
3 - #24 Nebraska
4 - The U

Georgia:

1- #9 Oklahoma St.
2 - South Carolina

There's 2.

revefsreleets
09-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Va Tech:

1 - #5 Alabama
2 - Marshall
3 - #24 Nebraska
4 - The U

Georgia:

1- #9 Oklahoma St.
2 - South Carolina

There's 2.

VT is out....USC is ranked higher than Bama, and Marshall is barely in the top 90 teams (Navy is rated somewhere in the 60's, Marshall in the high 80's). Fail there.

Georgia is a slightly better argument, because South Carolina is rated in the 30's compared to Navy's 60's, but USC is still a much tougher draw than USC...

So you found one ARGUABLY tougher schedule....I wonder how many hours you spent combing schedules just so you could win this little meaningless throwaway argument?:rofl:

SteelersinCA
09-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Not long, I looked at the top teams, and you only asked for one like it was an impossibility. Now someone is supposed to come up with more haha, see you next week!

revefsreleets
09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
My point was that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else scheduling games like that this early in the season...if we open this out a bit and examine long-term trends, there's not a single D-1 team playing these kinds of teams early in the season year in and year out.

I'm proud of the fact that my Buckeyes are willing to play anyone, anytime, anywhere...they are above reproach in that regard, no matter how much ignorant hate their detractors may try and direct towards them concerning their schedule...

Interestingly enough, they have a home/away with VT scheduled. None of the SEC teams accepted their offer...

SteelersinCA
09-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Who's directing hate? You asked, I answered.

revefsreleets
09-02-2009, 12:45 PM
I displayed a general garment, and you claim it was tailored just for you....interesting.

You aren't the only person posting on this board...there are scores of OSU haters. Sorry to burst your self-important bubble...

Anyway, tough guy, since you haven't been very forthcoming regarding our little tete a tete, I'm suggesting Panera on Rt 59 in Stow, close to Fishcreek Rd. I usually stop there a couple times a week for coffee on my way into the office, it's close to Akron, and this way I don't have to be greatly inconvenienced when you don't show. 9 AM...and I'll give you a couple different days as options...I can do that Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (7th, 8th or 9th just to clarify). I'm coming alone, but you are welcome to bring along anyone you feel you need to, it's no bread off my table either way...

SteelersinCA
09-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Funny, I don't see anyone in this thread hating on OSU's schedule. Oh well...

I was actually thinking Montrose (or somewhere along 77) area Weds evening, since I will be coming back to Canton from Cleveland. I am certainly not coming to Akron area for pleasure so my time is limited. That is the last evening I have available. I realize making you travel 20 vs 2000 miles would be greatly inconveniencing you. :rolleyes: However, you are more than welcome to back out.

Again, what is with this coming alone stuff? Nose to nose, say it to my face; I cannot stress enough if it is a fight you are looking for you will not find it. Why on earth would I need to bring someone?

revefsreleets
09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Funny, I don't see anyone in this thread hating on OSU's schedule. Oh well...

I was actually thinking Montrose (or somewhere along 77) area Weds evening, since I will be coming back to Canton from Cleveland. I am certainly not coming to Akron area for pleasure so my time is limited. That is the last evening I have available. I realize making you travel 20 vs 2000 miles would be greatly inconveniencing you. :rolleyes: However, you are more than welcome to back out.

Again, what is with this coming alone stuff? Nose to nose, say it to my face; I cannot stress enough if it is a fight you are looking for you will not find it. Why on earth would I need to bring someone?

I can do Weds...but I live in Hartville, close to Canton, so something in Green would work for me. Name a time, and I'll tell you where.

What's up with fighting? This isn't a fight, this is merely me showing up and accepting a challenge to do so...I really hope you DO show up...you'd be the first. The point is, I'm not hiding behind a keyboard, I've been doing this a long time, and this is who I am online and if you meet me in person, I'm the same guy.

Unfortunately, this will NOT be a social call, and I'm merely going to say I showed, so it is what it is...you issued a challenge, I accepted, and that's that...

But I STILL don't think you'll show...

SteelersinCA
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I feel you have missed the point entirely, maybe you really do ignore what I type, that would be the only plausible explanation at this point.

I have no doubt you are the same guy you are online. No one can consistently be this abrasive without actually being so. You issued the challenge, sir, saying I would never talk like this to you to your face. I merely suggested we meet to find out. Never once have I said you are hiding behind a keyboard, where you get this from is mind boggling.

What's in Green and what time? I prefer somewhere between 4-6, but realize you may be pressed for time because of work. I find it rather fortunate it will not be a social call, you would be piss poor company.

SteelersinCA
09-02-2009, 01:53 PM

...but you're still just hiding behind your keyboard and casting baseless aspersions at me...

(ignoring the fact that you would NEVER talk to me this way in person) and acted this way I'd call you an ass to your face. THAT'S the difference between an internet tough guy (you) and someone like me...

I have good news for you, we can put all your theories to the test. I'll be in Akron from Sept 6-10, you want to settle this we can. I got nothing to hide from you.What do you say Rev? I'll tell you where I'm going to be and what I'm wearing, we'll see if you sack up. After all that appears to be your MO.

Since I know how much you like "facts," I thought I'd remind you who exactly was procliaming the hiding behind the keyboard, nose to nose, and say this to my face stuff. I'll even give you a hint, it's YOU.

revefsreleets
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I feel you have missed the point entirely, maybe you really do ignore what I type, that would be the only plausible explanation at this point.

I have no doubt you are the same guy you are online. No one can consistently be this abrasive without actually being so. You issued the challenge, sir, saying I would never talk like this to you to your face. I merely suggested we meet to find out. Never once have I said you are hiding behind a keyboard, where you get this from is mind boggling.

What's in Green and what time? I prefer somewhere between 4-6, but realize you may be pressed for time because of work. I find it rather fortunate it will not be a social call, you would be piss poor company.

There we go then...I'll meet you at Legends at 4 on Wednesday, and you can talk to me the way you do on here to my face...

7SteelGal43
09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh this shit's gettin good :privateeyes:

lilyoder6
09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
now now kids...

u are setting up this date.. and we all know both of u are going to hire other men to portray u.. lol....

j/k

revefsreleets
09-03-2009, 08:55 AM
now now kids...

u are setting up this date.. and we all know both of u are going to hire other men to portray u.. lol....

j/k

I'm telling you, this guy isn't going to show, and, on the EXTREMELY remote chance that he does, I guarantee you he'd never speak this way to me to my face, which is what this whole little side track is about in the first place...so there's nothing left to talk about until next Weds comes and goes, I'll make a small note of it and we can get back to talking football with no more silly distractions...

SteelersinCA
09-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, when I do show and I do say this to you, what will you say then? You won't be able to come on here and say no one ever showed up when you told them to and that I wouldn't talk like this to your face?

revefsreleets
09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Just out of curiosity, when I do show and I do say this to you, what will you say then? You won't be able to come on here and say no one ever showed up when you told them to and that I wouldn't talk like this to your face?

First off, I'll laugh if you talk to me this way...I don't take you very seriously, if you haven't noticed, and this would only compound that feeling...

Then I'll come on here, give you props for being the first ever message board tough guy to ever show up, and get back to business as usual. What did you want, a bozo button or something?

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 09:55 AM
What are you going to be wearing rev? I didn't bring anything that sticks out and I don't know the inside of legends, so a little more info might make this easier. Where you going be and what will you be wearing?

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
A) There won't be anyone there at 4PM
B) I'll be sitting by the front door
C) I'll be on my way home from work, so I'll have a suit on

I only have a few minutes, so try to be punctual.

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Not a problem.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I can't wait to see what your excuse is. Time change? Car broke down? Flat tire? Bigfoot?

The mind boggles in anticipation...

Steel Head
09-08-2009, 12:50 PM
50 bucks says revefsreleets doesn't show up like a coward and then types a story from his mom's basement about how he did show up

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 01:03 PM
50 bucks says revefsreleets doesn't show up like a coward and then types a story from his mom's basement about how he did show up

You're on...So when I show up tomorrow at Legends in Green at 4, you'll owe me $50.

There's an even tinier chance of you paying me than CA actually showing...

Mind you, I don't expect HIM to show, and I'll be pretty easy on him for not making it because this just isn't his kind of thing, but I will ride you relentlessly when you fail to pay.

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 02:06 PM
It's not my kind of thing. But I won't miss seeing the look on your face when you find out how wrong you are.

You can at least pose for a pic to prove the doubters wrong right big man?

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 02:15 PM
It's not my kind of thing. But I won't miss seeing the look on your face when you find out how wrong you are.

You can at least pose for a pic to prove the doubters wrong right big man?

I have to take a camera so I can prove that I showed up...

I should have made the bet that both you and Steel Head will remove yourselves from these boards permanently when you don't show up...

In fact, for all (or anybody else knows), you could hire some homeless dude to show up in your place....nobody even knows what you look like...at least I have corroborators here who can identify me in a picture, having, you know, actually met some people and showed up at tailgates and such before...

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Don't give yourself so much credit. You aren't worth the effort to hire someone. If you'd like to make the bet that if I show up you remove yourself and if I don't I remove myself, I'll be happy to oblige. Of course this wouldn't be the first time you said you would leave right?

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 08:01 AM
In order to avoid any kind of confusion, or you trying to say "Whoops, I was at the other Legends", or any other kind of tomfoolery or excuses, here is the address and the website.

http://www.legendspubandgrille.com/venues.cfm

1840 Town Park Blvd
Uniontown, OH 44685

This is located on Massilon Rd just south of I-77, maybe 1/2 mile down on the West side of the road in the Town Park Plaza. The meeting time is 4PM today, EST (No West Coast time games, either).

I have my camera phone and today's paper, which, along with another cellphone of mine, I'll be using to corroborate that I was in fact there, at 4PM, as stated.

If you actually show up, yippee skippy for you, but if not, no surprise there. HOWEVER, as soon as I can get home and upload the pictures or whatever else, I'm gonna start looking for my $50 from that tool Steel Head.

SteelersinCA
09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
So no go on the amendment to the bet? You threw it out there, I said fine by me and now you ignore it? Typical.

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
That's a stupid bet...if you show I leave the board? There's no scenario in which I won't show, and no scenario in which I leave the board...

And if YOU don't show, it means you can't be trusted anyway, so what good would it do to make a bet about you leaving?

7SteelGal43
09-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I have to take a camera so I can prove that I showed up...

I should have made the bet that both you and Steel Head will remove yourselves from these boards permanently when you don't show up...

In fact, for all (or anybody else knows), you could hire some homeless dude to show up in your place....nobody even knows what you look like...at least I have corroborators here who can identify me in a picture, having, you know, actually met some people and showed up at tailgates and such before...

back peddle in 3....2....1....

That's a stupid bet...if you show I leave the board? There's no scenario in which I won't show, and no scenario in which I leave the board...

And if YOU don't show, it means you can't be trusted anyway, so what good would it do to make a bet about you leaving?

Pittsky
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjDgvnU15kY&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjDgvnU15kY&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:horror:

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
back peddle in 3....2....1....

Reading comprehension not YOUR strong suit either, eh?

I said I should have bet that when HE doesn't show, THEY leave...I never said anything about me leaving, and why would I?

Thanks for chiming in though with a gross misrepresentation of what i said and a completely ignorant and misguided attempt to say that I'M backpeddling.

Busybody much?

SteelersinCA
09-09-2009, 01:59 PM
On my way may be 5 min late construction traffic on 77

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Not a fan of Pryor talking up that POS Vick...but he's only 20, he'll learn...

Leaving for this retarded little tete a tete...

7SteelGal43
09-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Reading comprehension not YOUR strong suit either, eh?

I said I should have bet that when HE doesn't show, THEY leave...I never said anything about me leaving, and why would I?

Thanks for chiming in though with a gross misrepresentation of what i said and a completely ignorant and misguided attempt to say that I'M backpeddling.

Busybody much?

OK, I stand corrected. CLEVER back pedaling. Ya really shouldn't think so unrealistically highly of yourself, rev. It's not a good look. You boys play nice. :wave:

lilyoder6
09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
i don't mind that pryor was advocating for vick.. but his response to the ? after the game was rid..

he rly said that evry kills and what not.. what a moron

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 04:37 PM
I had a couple beers with Chris (CA)....he's not a bad fella at all, just misunderstood a few things, and I'm probably guilty of that as well (although it's more being world weary and jaded at this point for me)...Anyway, it's cool moe dee between him and me...

You owe me $50 Steel Head.

I'm probably just going to put you on ignore, 7steelgal...

SteelersinCA
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I had a couple beers with Chris (CA)....he's not a bad fella at all, just misunderstood a few things, and I'm probably guilty of that as well (although it's more being world weary and jaded at this point for me)...Anyway, it's cool moe dee between him and me...

Good meeting you, glad we could get this ironed out and behind us.:thumbsup:

SteelersinCA
09-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm really surprised OSU didn't seem to have a gameplan to use Pryor. USC has historically had difficulty stopping dual threat QBs, I thought we would see a heavy dose of Pryor tonight.

Also, why not let Pettrey kick that 53yd FG?

Edman
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
What is with coaches being fascinated with "exciting" sandlot Quarterbacks that can't throw the ball? Pryor is not a QB.

SteelersinCA
09-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I thought his throws were fine, he needed to run more.

sharkweek
09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Yeah, it looked like Pryor was still on his leash there. Twice they had the ball inside the 5 and both times they never even tried to hint that Pryor might make a play with his legs. Heck, he didn't even need to run it there, just threaten to so that it opens up an alternative opportunity. Its just very bizarre to watch such talent essentially wasted.

While I might not agree with Edman, he does have a point (but for the wrong reason). The whole purpose of a "sandlot" QB is their versatility, and yet every single QB of that type (Vick included) seems to be put into systems that force or pressure them to become a stereotypical pocket passer, which actually takes away the exact thing that makes them great in the first place. It would be like telling Ben he should get rid of the ball and not try to scramble and extend the play.

While Pryor doesn't look like he'll have have the passing talent of a QB like Ben, his ability to scramble is uncannily reminiscent. So when he can't match the ability through the air, he can at least counter with his legs or at least use that threat to open something up...yet we didn't really see any of that in this game except for the one 3rd and 15 play.

xfl2001fan
09-13-2009, 07:14 AM
I think the one other time you saw this was early in the game (first series) when he faked the handoff (hb going left), he started right and his blockers kicked out like he would run...but he pulled up to pass. More plays like that would go a long ways...especially if/when the defense starts to react to it...because then he could take off and run.

revefsreleets
09-13-2009, 10:52 AM
I concur with some of these takes on Pryor...while he's still young and can learn and grow, he needed to run more last night, and him trying to prove he's a legit top-passing talent lost them the game...

I feel bad for the Bucks defense because they played well enough to win...they are going to be VERY difficult for any Big Ten team to score on, and they were as impressive as any Bucks D I've seen in years...no other team will hold USC to under 20 again this year, and you can bank that...

Finally, Yo, CA...great game last night...I made a $20 bet with you, and now it's time to pay the piper (are you paying attention Steel Welch?)...PM with details on how you'd like to be paid...

SteelTalons
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM

:upyours: Get over yourself, at the first sign of someone challenging your big ego or calling you on anything you slap them on your ignore list. I've got no issue with you wanting your money, I'm only taking issue with the fact you act like a damn two year old anytime people don't agree with you. And if you can't "talk some sense into them" you ignore them.

I've got no use for people like you, you might as well ignore me to while you're at it. :wave:

Putting 7steelgal on your ignore list when she's been by an large very friendly to everybody, myself include. Even after the political arguments we had. Ignoring her shows this is more about YOU than it is about anything the people your ignoring have said. :mad:

Sorry to FS76' and HTG in advance, I know yall don't like personal attacks. But this bastards just full of himself...

revefsreleets
09-14-2009, 04:27 PM
:upyours: Get over yourself, at the first sign of someone challenging your big ego or calling you on anything you slap them on your ignore list. I've got no issue with you wanting your money, I'm only taking issue with the fact you act like a damn two year old anytime people don't agree with you. And if you can't "talk some sense into them" you ignore them.

I've got no use for people like you, you might as well ignore me to while you're at it. :wave:

Putting 7steelgal on your ignore list when she's been by an large very friendly to everybody, myself include. Even after the political arguments we had. Ignoring her shows this is more about YOU than it is about anything the people your ignoring have said. :mad:

Sorry to FS76' and HTG in advance, I know yall don't like personal attacks. But this bastards just full of himself...

She used extremely poor judgment and backed the wrong horse based on the fact that I measured her and found her wanting in other threads...

By the way, is she your mom or something? WTF do you care? She took umbrage to me calling BS on her BS (which I've done to you before as well, since you are WAY out of your depth in the political forum, kiddo), and she chose THIS particular argument she had nothing to do with and was flat out wrong about to get tangled up in.

And now you're doing the same...

You busybodies crack me up...

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM

good post

revefsreleets is a virus to these boards. I almost quit posting here because of him but instead just put him on my ignore list and now once again enjoy visiting this site

back on topic though - I really liked the Buckeyes new offense, looks real deadly to me.

revefsreleets
09-15-2009, 08:32 AM
good post

revefsreleets is a virus to these boards. I almost quit posting here because of him but instead just put him on my ignore list and now once again enjoy visiting this site

back on topic though - I really liked the Buckeyes new offense, looks real deadly to me.

Meanwhile, in the irony of ironies, this douchebag CONTINUALLY ignores the fact that he made a legitimate bet with me, and is dodging me and now has me on ignore in a super lame attempt to welch.

Talons and 7 BOTH have no horse in this race, no business commenting on this issue, and are, quite frankly, butting in where they don't belong. Meanwhile, where the eff is my $50?

Kvnfaber
09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
no other team will hold USC to under 20 again this year, and you can bank that...

Washington 16, USC 13

Not trying to stir the pot, just thought it was funny that it happened the following week.

revefsreleets
09-22-2009, 09:15 AM
That is just a good old fashioned 100% USC choke...inexcusable. The talent level between those two teams is wider than the Grand Canyon...

If the fans/DM's in SoCal weren't so laid back and lackadaisical, they'd fire Carroll and get a real motivator in there. People bag on Tress for losing big games, but at least he loses BIG games against top 10 foes. Every year Carroll takes, if not THE most talented team top-to-bottom, than at least one of the top 5 and drops an easy game against a poor to mediocre foe. UCLA, Stanford, Oregon State, etc, etc...the teams that have been handing them their regular season defeats are jokes.

It's the same story year after year...come bowl time, they are firing on all cylinders and as good as any team in the country, but they can't get back to the big dance because of a combination of a soft Pac-10 and their one annual jokey loss to some unranked opponent who shouldn't even be in the scoring zip code as the Trojans, let alone BEATING them.

Kvnfaber
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Here's what I'm thinking as far as OSU. I'm a huge OSU fan and I have always been a huge Tressel supporter. My brother goes there and I visit often. I even went to Youngstown State, where Tressel enjoyed a ton of coaching success.

Anyways, I'm starting to feel like Tressel gets out-coached and fails to make successful adjustments against teams with similar talent.

Why he didn't have Pryor throwing quick passes to WR's that had 10-15 yd. cushions when USC was bringing the house is beyond me. It should be common knowledge to make a hot read like that when the opposing defense is blitzing hardcore. I just don't feel like they're utilizing Pryor in the way which best suits his talent. Either that or Pryor wanted to show everyone how good of a pocket passer he is - which it is evident that he has a lot of work to do.

Tressel also likes to "stick" to his gameplan, even if it's not working. At some point you need to adapt to what is working and scrap what isn't. THe game of NCAA Football has changed drastically since Tressel won it all in '02 and the Bucks need to get with it.

I have a lot more to say, but wanted to give a brief synopsis.

revefsreleets
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Well, to an extent, I agree, BUT with the caveat that, with proper on-field execution, Tress' plan usually does work.

His philosophy is simple: You manage games. Play for field position, run the ball to control the clock, occasionally exploit your opponent for a big play when they get caught napping, play stout defense, make the other team execute, and win close games. The problem that's plagued them is without really opening up, they lack the ability, IN SPITE OF the fact that they are perennially loaded with playmakers, to play from behind. That's why they lost those Championship games. THEY got caught napping, and by time they woke up, the game was already over.

There is a different type of game that he's losing now that he used to almost always win, and that's was "the close ones". There was a time just a couple years ago when, as a Buck fan, if you up by 5 points in the 4th, you felt comfortable that the Buckeyes D would bend but not break, and they'd squeak out the close one. Texas and PSU burst that bubble last year, and USC did it again this year (so far).

All this leads me to believe they just need to open up the offense more, and do it earlier in the game. Jumping up by 3 TD's and STILL passing the football after that is NOT a sin. It's actually necessary now in this age of spread offenses that can toss up 21 points in 5 minutes.

I think he's learning to adjust, just as others have learned to adjust for him. The next two years will be key, because while this year is a clear rebuild, they are going to be loaded AND experienced next year, and there will be few excuses...