PDA

View Full Version : One more Steeler is now a Cardinal - Welcome aboard Dan Kreider

BlastFurnace
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/02/cards-sign-kreider/

I have never seen so much man love for former players than Whiz has for former Steelers.

klick81
04-02-2009, 02:36 PM
That's so profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering annoying. I'm starting to dislike Whiz more and more...just glad we stuck it to his ass.

Fire Haley
04-02-2009, 02:36 PM
SB loss still stinging Whiz?

Ha ha!

Smashmouth is dead - 5 WIDE!!!

http://beargoggleson.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/steelers-win-sb43.jpg

Galax Steeler
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Simply amazing I can't even count how many steelers has went to Arizona.

trauben
04-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Crap ......... Krieder, too?:banging:

Whiz is building the Steelers South. Smart move actually if you're the Whiz-kid (although it chaps my ass).

He took everything that the Steelers embody as a team; the philosophy, the coaching style (obviously), our character testing of prospective players, and with that he took a lot of those same players as well. He was able to turn a piece-of-crap team into Super Bowl contenders this past year. Although they lost, he still took them all the way to the big dance for the first time in their franchise history doing that. That only proves what we do as an organization on every level works. That is why you have Marvin Lewis now sounding off that he'll use the way the Steelers do things as his model. I think we'll see more people doing the same thing and courting away our men now that Whiz and Grimm proved that it worked down in Phoenix.

But there can still only be one Lord of the Rings! :tt::tt02::helmet:

HometownGal
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Wiz is trying to build the Cards in the likeness of the Steelers, but with the players he's nabbed, it aint gonna happen. I've lost a lot of respect for this man who I once respected very much. He can strive to be Pittsburgh West as much as he wants - can't put silk socks on a hog.

Blitzburgh_Fever
04-02-2009, 03:18 PM
It really does feel like he's trying to use really good car parts for the wrong car with their off-season acquisitons, let alone the constant Steeler imitations.

The Duke
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Tuman, Kreider, Haggans, Bailey....

You get the picture. I'm surprised they didn't go after marvel!!

Fire Haley
04-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Uh - Patrick Bailey is a Steeler.

But don't forget St Pierre and Sean Morey.

Arizona is the new Jacksonville

steelreserve
04-02-2009, 04:02 PM
You know, there's an invisible line between using a formula for success as the model for what you're trying to build ... and blatantly copying someone else, only with inferior players. Does the guy really have no initiative of his own?

It's like, show a little more imagination than that, man, or you're never going to make it all the way.

The Duke
04-02-2009, 04:35 PM

I meant rodney bailey :smile:

Morey is the only worthy player they've taken

T Bradshaw
04-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Whiz is a LOSER!

Edman
04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
If Whiz truly wanted the Cardinals to be like the Steelers, he'd mold his own players with the Steeler Mentality. Not pick up Steelers' scraps.

This is worse than Jacksonville's imitation.

BlastFurnace
04-02-2009, 05:06 PM

He's referring to the Bailey that was a DE for us. I forget his first name, but he's right.

St33lersguy
04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
good lord, why don't they just try to trade for another Steeler before draft day

tony hipchest
04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
haggans signed a new 3 year deal. not sure if late season addition j. tuman will remain.

honestly, i dont get why so many steelerfans get butt-hurt over this.

i admire the hell of an accomplishment whiz has delivered, and he did it the right way. the steeler way.

none of belichicks scrubs can claim what he has done.

Fire Haley
04-02-2009, 06:06 PM
He's referring to the Bailey that was a DE for us. I forget his first name, but he's right.

Oh yeah, him too - my bad.

It must really sting...

http://www.brett-keisel.com/images/sb.jpg

devilsdancefloor
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
As much as respecti have for krieder he was cut my the rams his best days are far behind him. Whiz can keep picking up out outcast player because that means we have a yonger faster and heathier person to take there place.

MasterOfPuppets
04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
haggans signed a new 3 year deal. not sure if late season addition j. tuman will remain.

honestly, i dont get why so many steelerfans get butt-hurt over this.

i admire the hell of an accomplishment whiz has delivered, and he did it the right way. the steeler way.

none of belichicks scrubs can claim what he has done. i don't get it myself...if he wants to collect discarded steeler players...key word being DISCARDED...then so be it. of course he feels more comfortable with players he's familiar with...players that the STEELERS didn't feel were worth keeping for whatever reason. actually i'd say whiz is modeling, the cheaters more than the steelers...

wootawnee
04-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Go Whiz Go.......You need a dominant olb and safety and a great d coordinater now....Get some good draft pics........Class act........Kudos Whiz......

KeiselPower99
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Maybe he will take Carey Davis is a trade. In all honesty I hope Dan shows he still has it and returns to his old form. Regardless of team. Except New England or Dallas.

Buzz05
04-03-2009, 05:57 AM
Dan was the man. One of the better FB in the league IMO. He just never got talked about like Lorenzo Neal. I wish him luck and all but come on, Whiz needs to bring in his own players and not bring in the players he already knows about.

Maybe there is something else going on there, like he doesn't have confidence in the Cards scouting process...I mean almost everyone on that team was either there when he got the job or former Steelers.

O well, often imitated. Never duplicated! :tt02:

GodofGridiron
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
He'll target Heath next IMO. Wouldnt be surprised if they nabbed Willie either after he gets cut at the end of next season (if his numbers drop again).

I dont think ive ever seen such a calculated process to scoop up a former employers past products at the level Whiz has. This guys wants to win in a hurry.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I really don't care if other teams are enamoured with players that the Steelers release. They are fair game to anybody. FB Terrelle Smith is honestly a better FB than Kreider.

Thanks for the Lombardi Trophy Arizona.......you can have our leftovers.

steelreserve
04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Maybe he will take Carey Davis is a trade.

Hmm, you might be on to something ... maybe he'll take Starks too! :scratchchin:

KeiselPower99
04-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Hmm, you might be on to something ... maybe he'll take Starks too! :scratchchin:

If Max wouldve hit the FA market I bet they would have jumped at him like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.

SteelersMongol
04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
I like this response.

Pea Tear Griffin says:
April 2nd, 2009 at 3:25 pm

So when do they change the name of Phoenix to Phoenixburgh? :laughing:

X-Terminator
04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Meh, Krieder's washed up.

And I don't understand why everyone's so upset over so many ex-Steelers going to the Cards. Yeah, it's kinda pathetic because it says a lot about their scouting process, but other than that, who cares? They're going to be a Super Bowl one-hit loser like the Shehawks anyway.

OneForTheToe
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Wiz is trying to build the Cards in the likeness of the Steelers, but with the players he's nabbed, it aint gonna happen. I've lost a lot of respect for this man who I once respected very much. He can strive to be Pittsburgh West as much as he wants - can't put silk socks on a hog.

Isn't that supposed to be lipstick. :huh:

:wink02:

AllD
04-04-2009, 04:33 PM
All the Cards have left to do is put the hypocycloids around the bird's head.

MasterOfPuppets
04-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Isn't that supposed to be lipstick. :huh:

:wink02: whatever turns ya on....:noidea: ...........:toofunny: