PDA

View Full Version : Smokin Joe Burnett

stillers4ever
04-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I went to highschool with Joe Burnett at Eustis High, graduated in the same class. This dude has the most insane work ethic, incredible instincts, and is built like a mini-mac truck. Hes just an all round freak athlete. I played across from him when he played DB in highschool. The problem was no one has ever heard of Eustis. Its on the corner of butt crack and the middle of nowhere, so recruiting was a bit difficult. He apparently visited the Steelers today, and i was stoked out of my mind about it. He'd likely be a steal for us since he wont go until the later rounds since this year is deep in cornerbacks. Go on youtube and look up some highlights, the dudes got it.
Heres hopin for smokin' joe burnett.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Not to discount your highschool classmate, but like they say about the NFL........"everybody was on scholarship in the NFL"

Basically a story like that is told by thousands of people around the country and when they end up in college, the play against one another. Then if they get to the pro's, its mostly the best of the "freak athletes". There are youtube videos of guys jumping over cars that will never be pro athletes.

If he is around somewhere in the 4th or 5th round as he may be valued, I hope we pick him and he pans out as a Steeler.