View Full Version : Obama bows down to Saudi king

Fire Haley
04-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I guess we know who paid for that election

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/bowing%20to%20Saudi%20King.jpg

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93696

X-Terminator
04-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Now this is one thing you can't bash Obama for, because every President over the past 30 years has been in bed with the Saudis, despite the fact that it is the center of radical Wahhabist Islam where many terrorists are based and trained, while the Saudi monarchy, and the rest of the world by proxy, looks the other way. And I think we all know why that is the case.

revefsreleets
04-03-2009, 09:28 AM
At least he didn't offend the guy with chessy gifts.

Fire Haley
04-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I suppose you're right, at least he didn't kneel and kiss his ring - although that may have happened later.

MasterOfPuppets
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
how do you know he's not checkin out his rolex ??? :hunch:

klick81
04-03-2009, 10:06 AM
I suppose you're right, at least he didn't kneel and kiss his ring - although that may have happened later.

Yeah, you're probably right :blah:.

trauben
04-03-2009, 11:30 AM
At least he didn't offend the guy with chessy gifts.

It's gifts for a Queen.................you swallow for the King. :wink02:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/images/history-of-the-world-part-i.jpg
"Its good to be the King!"

NJarhead
04-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Maybe it's just me, and it has NOTHING to do with my feelings about Obama, but I'm not liking the image of OUR PRESIDENT bowing down to ANYONE. :mad:

MasterOfPuppets
04-03-2009, 11:46 AM
At least he didn't offend the guy with chessy gifts.maybe dude woulda liked somethin cheesy..........

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6858/bigasscheetos.jpg (http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigasscheetos.jpg)

revefsreleets
04-03-2009, 11:49 AM
There is a joke here...something to do with black men and bottle blonde white women with big asses...

Fire Haley
04-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe it's just me, and it has NOTHING to do with my feelings about Obama, but I'm not liking the image of OUR PRESIDENT bowing down to ANYONE. :mad:

Dammed right.

If he's going to kiss ass, at least make the bastard Saudi's pay for our cigarettes.

Preacher
04-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Dang... he could learn from teh US Olympian teams. The flag does not dip for ANYONE.

Neither should the president bow. . . except to maybe the American people.

TeeJay
04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I guess we know who paid for that election

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/bowing%20to%20Saudi%20King.jpg

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93696

Nothing sinister in that. It's a coin toss.

Heads it's Iran, tails Pakistan.

:whistle:

I'll get my coat................

tony hipchest
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
holy cow :dang: anyone can see he dropped his contact lens. look at everyone else trying to help him find it.

just another panic thread-

Obama bows to Mecca and prays 5 times.

:rolleyes:

(i thought we had an "official" thread for all of this crap.)

lol @ "coin toss"

St33lersguy
04-03-2009, 05:41 PM
May long lost cousin bow down to long lost cousin

tony hipchest
04-03-2009, 05:46 PM
seriously, its a greeting like a hand shake.

those in judo bow to eachother and then procede to kick eachothers ass.

atleast he want up under the kings robe like our previous president.

NJarhead
04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Dammed right.

If he's going to kiss ass, at least make the bastard Saudi's pay for our cigarettes.

I want Rappin' Ronnie Regan back. I don't have the stomach to be led by anyone who bows to anyone else. That IS NOT what I was taught a leader is.

TeeJay
04-03-2009, 05:55 PM
The worrying thing is though, if you look at it the picture, Nicolas Sarkozy (assuming that's him right in front of Obama) is looking at the Arabs Johnson....and smiling!!

Dude....Carla's waiting at home...no need to be looking 'down there'! Just 'cause you're French......

NJarhead
04-03-2009, 09:11 PM

Yes, but I only see one person bowing and that is the President of the United States. I've never seen that before and I hope I never see it again. I could babble on about it for an hour and still never come close to describing how shitty I feel about it.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
04-03-2009, 10:46 PM
It's O.K. to bow, but he bowed to low.

xfl2001fan
04-04-2009, 05:26 AM
My goodness, all this up in arms for a brief nanosecond event...that may or may not be anything at all that it appears to be.

HometownGal
04-04-2009, 07:35 AM

Exactly.

However, I would have much preferred it if The Savior had yanked that tablecloth off Abdullah's head and done the Moe on him. :thumbsup:

Steel_12
04-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Wow I see this forum loves to Obama-bash

HometownGal
04-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Wow I see this forum loves to Obama-bash

Only when he gives us good reason to do so and he's done so since almost the day he was inaugurated.

Preacher
04-05-2009, 09:34 AM

Only if the king bows back. That is the question which wasn't in the article. Otherwise, it is a show of submission.

revefsreleets
04-05-2009, 06:51 PM
According to Hoagland, Obama knows best...

http://www.ohio.com/editorial/commentary/42488262.html

Welcome to Obama's world

By Jim Hoagland
Washington Post

Published on Sunday, Apr 05, 2009

WASHINGTON: Only in America, did you murmur? Or was it my own thought on hearing that, on the very day Queen Elizabeth welcomed Barack and Michelle Obama to Buckingham Palace to tea, the president's impecunious Kenyan aunt had to plead with a Boston immigration judge not to be deported immediately?

That juxtaposition will tell Europeans more about this country and our new leader than all the massaged speeches, competing news conferences and carefully filigreed communiques that blossomed on Obama's first official trip to their continent — if they pay attention.

First, though, an aside: Enough already with this embarrassing deportation case against Zeituni Onyango, who won a reprieve last week to stay in Boston until next February for a full hearing on her asylum request. Her case is so unusual and so public, and her vulnerability now so high, that only the most rabid immigraphobes would take the chance of putting this 56-year-old woman in harm's way.

Obama says he has not lifted a finger to help the aunt who guided him around Kenya 20 years ago. The careful image of keeping his distance from a relative embroiled in political as well as legal controversy is consistent with the discipline and unsentimental calculation that guided Obama's hopscotch through three big diplomatic summits in four days.

For Obama, friendly behavior toward other politicians is a policymaking tool, especially when magnified by the 21st-century power of instant global imagery. Where George W. Bush may have glowered to get his way, Obama gripped and grinned and moved on to his talking points. Neither naivete (his critics' suspicion) nor innate goodness (his supporters' hope) spurred the president's visible guffawing with Russia's Dmitry Medvedev, China's Hu Jintao or France's Nicolas Sarkozy at the G-20 in London. Self-interest did.

''The truth is Bush wanted to be liked. And he took it personally when he wasn't,'' said a European official who has dealt with both presidents. ''Obama doesn't seem to really care if he is liked. He has an almost royal reserve.'' And, he suggested, the self-confidence to base political relations on utility and need.

When I asked a senior diplomat from another major European nation about the ''chemistry'' between his leader and Obama, he shot back: ''What chemistry? It's nothing personal, it's just business when they talk.''

That presents a welcome change. Bush's pals played on the personal connection to make end runs around the diplomatic processes that his secretaries of state and national security advisers dreamed up. Ehud Olmert, Israel's former prime minister, used a weekly phone call with Bush to particularly damaging effect — so much so that Jim Jones, the current national security adviser, reportedly told Obama that he would take the job only if he were not similarly bypassed in communications.

Obama immediately agreed — perhaps because it would make little difference, anyway, if Dmitry or Nicolas did plead their cases with him personally.

In London, Obama did not look into Medvedev's soul but into the future. The White House is working on an elaborate plan to restore U.S. leadership on global nonproliferation and disarmament, which Bush disdained.

Obama needs Medvedev's help on that — and on devising a fallback plan of more painful sanctions for Iran if Obama's engagement effort fails. (Obama's intent to be a ''full partner'' in the Iran negotiations, and the need for commitment on a Plan B for tough sanctions will be spelled out to Russia, Britain, France, Germany and China on Wednesday by Undersecretary of State William Burns.)

Obama can be forgiven for using his first grand tour abroad to establish for foreign audiences how different he and Bush are — the heavy-breathing message contained in his nonstop promises to listen rather than lecture. Fair enough.

But with this trip, the president reaches the point of diminishing returns for that slogan — and for his team's frequent assertions that all the problems they confront were caused by Bush. Americans and foreigners alike now expect Obama to define what he learned by all that listening, and to show how he intends to apply it. Listening is not a policy.

Just as his recent decisions on U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan make that conflict Obama's war, this extended burst of summitry in Europe makes this Obama's world, for better or for worse. He approaches it with a lack of Bushian sentimentality and emotion that we can all applaud — expect perhaps for his poor aunt in Boston, and any leaders who had hoped to become Obama's Olmert.

Hoagland is a Washington Post columnist. He can be e-mailed at jimhoagland@washpost.com.

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Now B.O. and the White House say he "didn't Bow"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0409/White_House_No_bow_to_Saudi.html

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The Washington Times called the alleged bow a "shocking display of fealty to a foreign potentate" and said it violated centuries of American tradition of not deferring to royalty. The Weekly Standard, meanwhile, noted that American protocol apparently rules out bowing, or at least it reportedly did on the occasion of a Clinton "near-bow" to the emperor of Japan.

Interestingly, a columnist in the Saudi-backed Arabic paper Asharq Alawsat also took the gesture as a bow and appreciated the move.

"Obama wished to demonstrate his respect and appreciation of the personality of King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, who has made one of the most important calls in the modern era, namely the call for inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue to defuse the hatred, conflict and wars," wrote the columnist, Muhammah Diyab.

The video shows Obama dipping toward the king as G-20 leaders greet one another at the ExCel Centre in London.

http://images.smh.com.au/2009/04/03/448297/obamabow420-420x0.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah right...he's just so much taller...

actually it looks like he might be signing and autograph for the Kind of Saudi Arabia.

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
This guy never stops does he? This is a flat-out lie. He bowed. He BOWED!

Just admit it or ignore, and, either way, move on...

Fire Haley
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/35akcb8.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 04:52 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/35akcb8.jpg

Seriously Killer...that picture makes me physically ill...

A US President under the foot of another nation's leader...that picture is exactly what I fear this country becoming.

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
This guy never stops does he? This is a flat-out lie. He bowed. He BOWED!

Just admit it or ignore, and, either way, move on...

Next he'll deny the denial.

NJarhead
04-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Next he'll deny the denial.

That all depends on what the definition of "definition" is. :doh: :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
04-09-2009, 12:01 AM
King Abdullah: "Does Rogaine really help grow new hair?"

King Obama: Yes, it's the best product I've ever used. Go ahead touch it. It's my own hair."

Preacher
04-09-2009, 02:12 AM
He's denying the bow. . .

This has James Carville written all over it.

Honestly, if Obama said, "Look, I bowed. It was simply a show of respect, like Bush kissing his cheek," I would have disagreed, but had respect for him standing up for it.

But no, Carville has to get in there and deny the obvious.

Obama is going to have enough trouble in four years, since now there will be a president record to run against. The LAST thing he needs is Carville making him sound like Clinton II.

revefsreleets
04-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Clinton II minus all the "indiscretions" will be a HUGE upgrade over the shape he's in about 40 months from now.

MACH1
04-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Now B.O. and the White House say he "didn't Bow"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0409/White_House_No_bow_to_Saudi.html

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The Washington Times called the alleged bow a "shocking display of fealty to a foreign potentate" and said it violated centuries of American tradition of not deferring to royalty. The Weekly Standard, meanwhile, noted that American protocol apparently rules out bowing, or at least it reportedly did on the occasion of a Clinton "near-bow" to the emperor of Japan.

Interestingly, a columnist in the Saudi-backed Arabic paper Asharq Alawsat also took the gesture as a bow and appreciated the move.

"Obama wished to demonstrate his respect and appreciation of the personality of King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, who has made one of the most important calls in the modern era, namely the call for inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue to defuse the hatred, conflict and wars," wrote the columnist, Muhammah Diyab.

The video shows Obama dipping toward the king as G-20 leaders greet one another at the ExCel Centre in London.

http://images.smh.com.au/2009/04/03/448297/obamabow420-420x0.jpg

And he denies lying about lying, raising your taxes, pork spending and ect ect.

Hope he didn't wear out his knee pads over there.

The_WARDen
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
eh...at least he wasn't holding hands with the Saudis like the previous talking monkey. I think they were dating or something.

:popcorn:

The Patriot
04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Still photographs don't carry much credibility. I lean in for handshakes all the time, especially when I'm meeting someone. It's a sign of sincerity. In a noisy room he could even be leaning in to tell him something.

Fire Haley
04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh - he bows alright - and kisses the hand of The King.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WlqW6UCeaY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WlqW6UCeaY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NJarhead
04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Still photographs don't carry much credibility. I lean in for handshakes all the time, especially when I'm meeting someone. It's a sign of sincerity. In a noisy room he could even be leaning in to tell him something.

You know what? You're right!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/02/brady-alford-021808.jpg

The video is much more enjoyable too. :chuckle:

Seriously though, you can't tell me that you bend over that far (for handshales anyway). You probably yield a slight lean like many of us do.
American Presidents to not bow.

steelreserve
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
My officialy stated opinion is that Obama should've kicked him in the nuts and set the Saudi flag on fire, then run out shouting "U-S-A! U-S-A!" and also knocked over a couple garbage cans for good measure.

The Patriot
04-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Oh, I never saw the video. Yeah, I don't see how you can deny that.

Preacher
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Well, that video shows him bowing.

steelreserve
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Not to get off topic, but would that be an illegal hit now?

Wait ... Brady's in it, so I think I just answered my own question.

fansince'76
04-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Not to get off topic, but would that be an illegal hit now?

Wait ... Brady's in it, so I think I just answered my own question.

Yep, but I hope anybody and everybody that does get an opportunity to do so sticks the shit out of him since they're going to get flagged for an automatic 15 for even touching him from here on out anyway.

HometownGal
04-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Hope he didn't wear out his knee pads over there.

He probably did wear out his lips, though, "after hours". :sissies:

The video Killer provided is indisputable evidence that not only did he bow and kiss Ab-Ishkabibble's ring, he's a LIAR too. :mad:

NJarhead
04-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Yep, but I hope anybody and everybody that does get an opportunity to do so sticks the shit out of him since they're going to get flagged for an automatic 15 for even touching him from here on out anyway.

:chuckle:

"Personal foul: Slap to the Quarterbacks throwing wrist. That's a 35 yard penalty to be assesed at the spot of the foul. Also, the defender will be ejected from the game."

:coffee:

tony hipchest
04-10-2009, 12:10 AM
i guess the proper thing to do woulda probably been to puke on the man. :puke:

but thats neither here or there.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-10-2009, 12:48 AM
who the hell was in charge of plugging the teleprompter in? Everyone know the guy is non-functional and confused without it....yeah confused that's what happened Osama Obama was confused :chuckle:

The next leader he will be 'bending over' to is Calderon. I heard the words amnesty out of Osama Obama's mouth so my guess is this the next item on his 'menu' the plan is to legalize 30 million illegals while 25 million LEGAL citizens are out of work. This guy is freaking brilliant.:banging:

Maybe he ought bow to us after all it's our money that is propping this country up.

Crushzilla
04-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Are we really comparing a gesture of respect to an invitation to sodomy?

OneForTheToe
04-10-2009, 01:48 AM
My officialy stated opinion is that Obama should've kicked him in the nuts and set the Saudi flag on fire, then run out shouting "U-S-A! U-S-A!" and also knocked over a couple garbage cans for good measure.

And farted in his general direction.

NJarhead
04-10-2009, 08:00 AM
i guess the proper thing to do woulda probably been to puke on the man. :puke:

but thats neither here or there.

or pour GASOLINE on him and set him on fire :drink:

I would have tattooed "OBAMA" on my chest if that'd happened. :chuckle:

HometownGal
04-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Are we really comparing a gesture of respect to an invitation to sodomy?

It WASN'T a gesture of respect, Crush.

revefsreleets
04-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Ready for this, guys? According to this source:

http://sandrarose.com/2009/04/10/video-saudi-king-says-bowing-is-inappropriate/

Not only was what he did inappropriate, it was also OFFENSIVE to the king. So he screwed up on several levels.

Here’s what the Saudi king himself said about bowing:

“Brothers, there is something on my mind I want to tell you,” King Abdullah told delegations of princes, officials and ordinary citizens at his palace in the Red Sea city of Jeddah.

“Kissing hands is something alien to our values and ethics, and is refused by free and honest souls,” he said, quoted by the official SPA news agency.

“Moreover, it leads to bowing, which violates God’s law as the faithful bows only to the one and only God.”

Isn't there someone in the White House briefing this idiot on what protocol is? Even Bush knew better, and he's supposedly the worst and stupidest president ever.

MACH1
04-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I guess there should have been one more "failed" Bush policies adopted.

Not only was what he did inappropriate, it was also OFFENSIVE to the king. So he screwed up on several levels.

Why should it be any different over seas then it is at home.

HometownGal
04-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Oliver North is spot on in this very well crafted article. :drink:

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/onorth/2009/on_04102.shtml

If Not A Bow, Then A Curtsy

By Oliver North
April 10, 2009

The traveling, never-ending campaign roadshow came home this week. The president of the United States is back in Washington from his "I like you, you like me" excellent adventure in Europe and "surprise" trip to Baghdad. It was nice of POTUS to thank the troops. He should have bowed to them instead of to King Abdullah.

Members of the O-Team -- recovering from late-night teleprompter edits, grand parties and jet lag -- now deny that the apparently obsequious gesture to the Saudi king was really a "bow." Perhaps it would be better described as a "curtsy."

Whatever it was -- the Arab press applauded the moment as servile -- it was keeping with the administration's "apologize for America first" message. Given what else happened this week, the incident may turn out to be as trivial as giving the queen of England a Chinese-made iPod as a gift from the American people.

While Mr. Obama was basking in the adulation of carefully selected Euro-crowds and genuflecting to foreign potentates (or simply "bending because he is so tall"), other really bad things were happening. The North Koreans defied his warnings of "severe consequences" and test-launched a long-range intercontinental ballistic missile. In Tehran, the ayatollahs ignored his Utopian plea for "the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons" and claim to have turned on 7,000 more centrifuges to refine uranium. Somali pirates "dissed" his "deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world" and hijacked an American-flagged vessel in the Gulf of Aden.

The O-Team was so exercised over the first piracy of an American-flagged merchant vessel since 1866 that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton fired off a full rhetorical volley. While the crew was busy retaking the ship, she said that "we're deeply concerned" and "following it closely" and that "the world must come together to end the scourge of piracy."

More telling than the vacuous hot air blowing from London, Prague, Ankara, Baghdad and Washington was the defense budget presented this week. It assures adversaries and allies alike that we will be unprepared to fight a serious adversary in the future. Hollow talk, empty oratory and impossible dreams are now commonplace in American politics, but the O-Team's Euro-expedition may have set a new foreign fantasy record. Actions speak louder than words -- no matter how flowery the rhetoric.

In Prague, Mr. Obama's speechwriters dropped into the teleprompter this last-minute observation: "Just this morning ... North Korea broke the rules once again by testing a rocket that could be used for long-range missiles." He then noted, "This provocation underscores the need for action, not just this afternoon at the U.N. Security Council but in our determination to prevent the spread of these weapons."

Perhaps if they had more time, his wordsmiths wouldn't have included the pivotal words "once again" to remind us that nothing the U.N. Security Council has done to date has deterred the North Koreans in any way from doing whatever they please in regard to building nuclear weapons or ICBMs. Mr. Obama might as well have mentioned that you can't say the word "unproductive" without using U.N. Genocidal despots, such as those ruling in Pyongyang and Tehran, never have cowered in fear of a nonbinding U.N. Security Council resolution, because they know that the U.N. has raised irrelevance to a new level. They do, however, pay attention to reality -- such as what we're buying to defend ourselves.

Unfortunately, less than 24 hours after Mr. Obama mentioned the North Korean "provocation" and Iran's "dangerous pursuit of nuclear weapons," his defense budget revealed how seriously he takes those and other threats. The O-Team intends to reduce our ability to project power overseas and to protect the American people from nuclear attack.

If the Obama defense budget is approved as submitted, we will increase spending on protecting our troops ashore and fleet at sea from attack by ballistic missiles carrying weapons of mass destruction but cut homeland ballistic missile defense by $1.4 billion. We will increase the number of small "littoral support ships" but reduce our ability to project power from the sea by cutting our carrier fleet from 12 battle groups to 10. We will not modernize ground combat mobility for the Army or the Marines, and POTUS will have to wait a few more years for a new helicopter.

Thankfully, the new budget does include much-needed funding for housing and facilities vital to our war fighters and their families. It also purchases more unmanned aerial vehicles and future F-35 multi-mission aircraft than originally contemplated, but it cuts the production line for the already proven F-22.

Taken together -- the towering teleprompter talk and the hard realities of what Mr. Obama is willing to spend on defense -- we had better pray that he is right. But then, this is Easter season -- and a good time to pray.

TeeJay
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WlqW6UCeaY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WlqW6UCeaY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Could'ave been a lot worse.......he could'ave kissed his ring! And that'd be just wrong on many levels of wrongness!

At least The Queen (God Bless her) would'ave kneed him in the nuts for getting so familiar!