PDA

View Full Version : North Korea launches rocket!!

BrandonCarr39
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090405/wl_nm/us_korea_north_58

xfl2001fan
04-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Just saw this...I wonder what's really going to happen. Considering it's the UN...they'll talk about sanctions and such...maybe slap the N Koreans with a bunch of paperwork BS (similar to a restraining order) that will be completely ignored.

SteelersMongol
04-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Just saw this...I wonder what's really going to happen. Considering it's the UN...they'll talk about sanctions and such...maybe slap the N Koreans with a bunch of paperwork BS (similar to a restraining order) that will be completely ignored.

Like the way the Mr. Commissioner Roger 2 Gooddeal handled the NE Cheaters. :wink02: :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
04-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Like the way the Mr. Commissioner Roger 2 Gooddeal handled the NE Cheaters. :wink02: :chuckle:

I think the Commish has more brass than the UN...and that is really sad.

MACH1
04-05-2009, 10:46 AM

They'll give them a stern talking to over tea.

revefsreleets
04-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Obama talked about sanctions. Bush would have either blown up the rocket on it's pad, or (more effectively) shot it out of the sky.

fansince'76
04-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Just saw this...I wonder what's really going to happen.

Absolutely nothing. Stricter sanctions will be suggested in a meeting of the UN Security Council and China and Russia will simply veto the idea.

steelwall
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Absolutely nothing. Stricter sanctions will be suggested in a meeting of the UN Security Council and China and Russia will simply veto the idea.

Actually living in China and looking at the Chinese press everyday, they are pretty much condeming this. I think NK has become that anoyying little brother to China that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterblocks all the time.

China's main focus is China anything that messes with that e.g. causeing problems between it and the nations that are pouring money into their pockets and not a huge financial burden like NK is, is bad...very bad..... Now Russia may pull a fast one.

KeiselPower99
04-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Wonder what kinda war China vs Russia would fight?

SteelersMongol
04-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Actually living in China and looking at the Chinese press everyday, they are pretty much condeming this. I think NK has become that anoyying little brother to China that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterblocks all the time.

China's main focus is China anything that messes with that e.g. causeing problems between it and the nations that are pouring money into their pockets and not a huge financial burden like NK is, is bad...very bad..... Now Russia may pull a fast one.

Actually, living close 2 China :wink02:, I think China does want N.Korea fool around, so that it can keep S.Korea & Japan worried, which ultimately makes it a headache 4 the US. I don't think unified powerful Korea is Chinese interest. Same might apply 2 Russia.

Galax Steeler
04-06-2009, 05:40 AM
They'll give them a stern talking to over tea.

They might also get a little slap on the wrist.:rofl:

revefsreleets
04-06-2009, 08:37 AM
By the way, it looks like the thing just fizzled out into the Pacific...

Godfather
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Obama talked about sanctions. Bush would have either blown up the rocket on it's pad, or (more effectively) shot it out of the sky.

Three problems with that theory:

1) NK tested a missile in 2006 and W did nothing.

2) Regardless of who's POTUS, we should let NK's neighbors take the lead in deciding how to deal with them. Those countries are the ones that have to live with the consequences of whatever happens.

3) Letting them launch is a no-lose for us. The missile fizzled and they made fools of themselves. And we know exaclty what capabilities they currently have.

revefsreleets
04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
How about a conspiracy theory? One of our CIA operatives snuck in and sabotaged the rocket?

Godfather
04-06-2009, 09:29 AM
How about a conspiracy theory? One of our CIA operatives snuck in and sabotaged the rocket?

That would be awesome.

xfl2001fan
04-06-2009, 09:54 AM

One of our CIA operatives snuck in and fired the rocket!

steelwall
04-06-2009, 10:03 AM

As cool as that would be....I think they just blow at making rockets. More proff China is not sanctioning this as, the Chinese can't drive, but they can make rockets that work......

steelreserve
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, in typical North Korean fashion, the rocket didn't even work.

I have no idea why anyone is even afraid of these guys. If they tried to start a war with anyone, they'd probably manage to blow up their own country somehow.

SteelersMongol
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM

I have no idea why anyone is even afraid of these guys. If they tried to start a war with anyone, they'd probably manage to blow up their own country somehow.

Yeah, but with em the US allies like S.Korea & Japan will B wiped out as well.

MACH1
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM

I would hardly call it a failure. They rocket did manage to travel 2000 miles. They can reach out and touch a lot of people with that kind of range.

fansince'76
04-07-2009, 06:43 PM

Like I said....

The Security Council held a 3-hour emergency meeting on Sunday but took no action apart from agreeing to return to the issue. Russia and China, with the support of three other council members, made clear that they opposed U.S. and Japanese demands for a resolution punishing North Korea.

The five permanent members of the Security Council -- the United States, Britain, France, China and Russia -- plus Japan met at U.N. headquarters on Monday to explore a possible compromise, but Japan and the three Western powers failed to persuade Russia and China that strong condemnation was needed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090407/wl_nm/us_korea_north

JEFF4i
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
North Korea is like that really annoying kid in school that always was a dick and acted tough, but no one punched him because they kind of felt bad for him.