PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress, what a joke

steelerdave1969
04-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Go check this story out on FOX I think..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9418902/Police:-Plax-cursed-out-cop-during-traffic-stop?FSO2&ATT=MA

St33lersguy
04-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Lesson learned: Plaxico Burress (trying to come up with a nickname) not only is a bad shooter but also a bad driver. I am so glad this dumbf*** is no longer a Steeler. A thread starter just stating plaxico burress is worthy of being moved to the fun house because this complete _____ (seeking a word to describe how dumb he is without understating his stupidity) is a joke. 5 driving violations in the past month, hilarious!

fansince'76
04-05-2009, 06:52 PM
In the March 18 incident near Fort Lauderdale, Burress, 31, was speeding south on I-95 in his black 2008 Toyota Sequoia at 10:30 a.m. when he crossed several lanes of traffic, cutting off vehicles to get on I-595's westbound ramp, police said.

Harris pulled over the car because Burress was driving like "he was going to kill somebody," according to police.

When Officer Harris approached, he couldn't see inside the tinted windows of Burress' SUV, so he opened a door and found the ex-Giant talking on his cellphone.

"(Expletive) you! You can't open my (expletive) door!" Burress barked, police said. That's when Burress issued his boastful threat about knowing Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti.

At one point, Harris asked Burress to get out of his car because of his "violent and aggressive" attitude, police said. The deputy wanted to see if the fuming, 6-foot-5 footballer was carrying a gun. Burress, who wasn't packing, complied. But he wasn't happy about it.

Eventually, Burress, who has a home in nearby Lighthouse Point, returned to his car, snarling, "You're going to hear about this by the end of your shift!"

But Burress was bluffing about his connections. The sheriff has "never met him," a police spokeswoman said.

Burress was hit with a $150 moving violation.

So I'm assuming this jackass was permitted to go back to his vehicle and simply drive off after this exchange? If it were me or any other Joe Blow that went off on a cop like that, we'd have at least spent the rest of the night in the county lockup. It's this kind of preferential treatment of pro jocks and other celebrities in this society that makes me very skeptical that he's going to serve so much as one day behind bars for the gun-possession charge.

triphahn
04-05-2009, 07:13 PM
If this is the real Burress I think it is a tribute to the Steelers organization that he was more well behaved when he played here.

Dino 6 Rings
04-05-2009, 07:43 PM
If this is the real Burress I think it is a tribute to the Steelers organization that he was more well behaved when he played here.

No doubt.

I bet people in the organization saw this type of behavior in his future and weren't too upset about him wanting to go somewhere else to get paid.

BrandonCarr39
04-06-2009, 02:40 AM
Yeah - his head definitely wasn't in it last year. Coughlin was forced to suspend him for a couple of weeks after missing his upteenth team meeting. There was another incident or 2 when he cursed at Coughlin on the sidelines after Coughlin criticized him for penalties he committed.

If anything - the Giants organization has been patient with him for a good bit b/c 6"5 receivers with speed and command LOADS of respect from opposing DCs don't exactly grow on trees. If anything, his presence ALONE opened up that Giants run game in a big way - rarely could teams stack the box...plus he was a huge mismatch for smaller corners(i.e. Sheldon Brown, who got burned quite a bit by him).

Ultimately, I still think the Giants have a good backup plan in the works to shore up their receiver position. They'll be fine come kickoff '09.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-06-2009, 09:55 AM

Yeah, he only refused to come to an OTA because it was on mothers day and got charged for public intoxication a few times when he was a Steeler. :rolleyes:

Steelers' Burress arrested for public intoxication in Virginia

It was the second time Burress has been charged on an alcohol-related offense in the past five months.

He paid a fine after he was issued a citation for carrying an open bottle of Corona beer in the Flats section of Cleveland at 1:45 a.m. Dec. 24.http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20020515steelers0515p3.asp

The_WARDen
04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
So I'm assuming this jackass was permitted to go back to his vehicle and simply drive off after this exchange? If it were me or any other Joe Blow that went off on a cop like that, we'd have at least spent the rest of the night in the county lockup. It's this kind of preferential treatment of pro jocks and other celebrities in this society that makes me very skeptical that he's going to serve so much as one day behind bars for the gun-possession charge.

You actually think he's gonna get jail time? Come on...he's a talented athlete.
:popcorn:

klick81
04-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Wow man...this guy is on a path to self-destruction. Assuming he gets no jail time for the gun charge, he will make a bigger mistake where he really hurts or kills someone.

What an idiot.

lilyoder6
04-06-2009, 12:13 PM
funny how i ask dana jacobsen a ? bout if plex was going play again

fansince'76
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
You actually think he's gonna get jail time? Come on...he's a talented athlete.
:popcorn:

Considering that he's a Super Bowl "hero" to boot, I will be very surprised if he winds up doing any time. I can already hear the rationale behind him getting off with a slap on the wrist: "Well, after all, he didn't hurt anybody but himself when he discharged that unregistered and illegally-concealed Glock." :blah:

steelreserve
04-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah, he only refused to come to an OTA because it was on mothers day and got charged for public intoxication a few times when he was a Steeler. :rolleyes:

Steelers' Burress arrested for public intoxication in Virginia

It was the second time Burress has been charged on an alcohol-related offense in the past five months.

He paid a fine after he was issued a citation for carrying an open bottle of Corona beer in the Flats section of Cleveland at 1:45 a.m. Dec. 24.http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20020515steelers0515p3.asp

Hey, there's nothing wrong with public intoxication if you ask me.

Unless you're also doing something else stupid simultaneously, which Plax usually is.

But he seems to do stupid shit anyway, whether he's drunk or not. So let the man have his al-key-hawl.

T&B fan
04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow man...this guy is on a path to self-destruction. Assuming he gets no jail time for the gun charge, he will make a bigger mistake where he really hurts or kills someone.

What an idiot.

this on what ??? the fact that he has been a upstanding person after discharging that unregistered and illegally-concealed Glock.:banging::banging: NO:coffee: then it must be all the cherty work he's done .. :banging::banging: NO :coffee: then it has to be the trafic tickets he has gotten and his kindness to the cops .. yea he's going to get of scot free :banging:

I don't think so the court will here about all of this he is :poop:
just my :twocents:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey, there's nothing wrong with public intoxication if you ask me.

Unless you're also doing something else stupid simultaneously, which Plax usually is.

But he seems to do stupid shit anyway, whether he's drunk or not. So let the man have his al-key-hawl.

Yeah, I just find it amusing that some think that Plax was so well behaved in the Burgh because of the Steeler organization. :rofl: He was just as self centered here,.....its just that he (I mean Harris Smith) never shot himself in the leg while a Steeler.

steelreserve
04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I SO wish I could find a video clip of the time Plax fumbled away an uncontested touchdown because he was trying to show off by palming the ball while he ran down the sideline.

I've mentioned it before, because it's rare that you can pinpoint the exact moment when you know for certain that someone is a dumbass. But that play really cemented it. Sad part is, I wonder how good he could've been if he didn't spend so much time focusing on being a diva or a thug.

fansince'76
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
this on what ???

Based on the fact that there is an obvious and blatant double-standard that exists for celebrities and pro jocks in this society when it comes to the legal system. How much charity work did that POS Pacman ever do? Yet he basically got off with a slap on the wrist while a man spends the rest of his life confined to a wheelchair as a direct result of his douchebaggery. And I'm supposed to believe that Plexiglass is going to do 3 years of hard time for shooting himself? Particularly in the same city/state where he's regarded as a "hero" for making the winning catch in SB XLII? Not only that, but if someone like you or I would have acted like a belligerent ass towards a cop during a traffic stop and answered every question or command by the cop with a hearty "f*** you!," do you really think either of us would have been simply handed a ticket and allowed to drive away? I can guarantee you we wouldn't. Either one of us would have been cuffed, stuffed and hauled off to jail for at least the rest of that night. Suffice to say I'll believe it when I see it as far as Plexiglass doing any time on the gun charges.

steelreserve
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Suffice to say I'll believe it when I see it as far as Plexiglass doing any time on the gun charges.

Oh, come on. He'll do time, but it'll be more like a plea bargain for 30 or 60 days during the offseason, and he has to wear an ankle monitoring bracelet for a while. Then they'll explain it was the right thing to do because of jail overcrowding, or because taking a plea deal was better than going to a full trial because the DA's office is too strapped for time and money to actually prosecute every case, especially with recent budget cuts, etc., etc...

That way the athlete can get off relatively easy, and the mayor can still save face with his "tough on crime" stance because he actually did some jail time. Everybody wins!

HometownGal
04-06-2009, 02:18 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/M03.gif

T&B fan
04-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Based on the fact that there is an obvious and blatant double-standard that exists for celebrities and pro jocks in this society when it comes to the legal system. How much charity work did that POS Pacman ever do? Yet he basically got off with a slap on the wrist while a man spends the rest of his life confined to a wheelchair as a direct result of his douchebaggery. And I'm supposed to believe that Plexiglass is going to do 3 years of hard time for shooting himself? Particularly in the same city/state where he's regarded as a "hero" for making the winning catch in SB XLII? Not only that, but if someone like you or I would have acted like a belligerent ass towards a cop during a traffic stop and answered every question or command by the cop with a hearty "f*** you!," do you really think either of us would have been simply handed a ticket and allowed to drive away? I can guarantee you we wouldn't. Either one of us would have been cuffed, stuffed and hauled off to jail for at least the rest of that night. Suffice to say I'll believe it when I see it as far as Plexiglass doing any time on the gun charges.

Ok I see your point .I just hope your wrong on this one . and as for you or me getting tossed in jail for the trafic stop , would not have hapened we would have already been in jail for the gun . I don't IMO think he is a hero in NY anymore this is after all a what have you done for me lately world .

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-07-2009, 10:54 AM
ESPN is starting a rumor that the Bears are interested in Burress. Now that would solve the problem of who is Cutler gonna throw to?