PDA

View Full Version : Patriots or Broncos...

SteelersFever
01-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Cast your vote!

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 10:05 PM
the patriots scare the s&% out of me. if they knock us out in the playoffs one more year...i dont know what i will do to myself.....denver

SteelersFever
01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree, it's scary!!! But, it would be SWEET to get revenge!

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't mind playing either one, but it would be sweet to face the Pats.

stand undefeated
01-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Gimme the pats. Revenge would be sweet.

SteelersFever
01-08-2006, 10:16 PM
I deleted the other thread. I didn't think it went through.

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Gimme the pats. Revenge would be sweet.
but the question is, could you live with another loss?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 10:19 PM
To be the best you have to beat the best. We took one more step today so bring on all challengers !

Grey
01-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Give us the Patriots in Foxborough. Maybe I'm a sucker for punishment, but if we can pull it off, it would be sweet, sweet redemtion in all three playoff games.

Here we go.
Grey

tony hipchest
01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
plummer is much more beatBle than the brady's. i just hope we can catch the colts cold.

Livinginthe past
01-09-2006, 02:09 PM
:hope: I voted for the Patriots :hope:

NM

Koopa
01-09-2006, 02:23 PM
well IF we get past the colts i would much rather play the broncos. cause well the pats are bastards and they pretty much own us. and like i said if the pats win it all i will never ever watch football again and i'll have this account deleted and i'll just stick with basketball where the champions don't always have a storyline attached to them

Justin Otstott
01-09-2006, 02:43 PM
^ lmao

To me it really won't matter because if you think about it both teams have knocked us out the playoff's and I dislike both teams so...I am leaning more to the Pats tho, Revenge would be nice.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I want no part of the Patriots. If they win in Denver and we save them a trip to Indy the Patriots will be convinced it is their destiny to threepeat.

Besides, every game with Jake the Snake is a flame-out waiting to happen for Denver.

Indy52
01-09-2006, 06:10 PM
I guess it doesn't hurt to dream :-)

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2006, 06:13 PM
I guess it doesn't hurt to dream :-)

Yeah, from what I gather, Indy fans know all about that. The only difference, our dreams have come true four times in history. :thmbup:

Brady12
01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm obviously taking New England. A few reasons why? We have Richar dSeymour back, and Willie McGinest. Two guys who help heavily in the run defense. If the pressure comes like it did against JAX, the PAts could make Jake look like the Inconsistent Cardinal QB we've seen.

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm obviously taking New England. A few reasons why? We have Richar dSeymour back, and Willie McGinest. Two guys who help heavily in the run defense. If the pressure comes like it did against JAX, the PAts could make Jake look like the Inconsistent Cardinal QB we've seen. i would have to call jake a top 15 qb, meaning he has an excellent shot to beat the patriots.

SteelersGal17
01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I really wouldn't care who we went to next, if we win against the Colts, but I would love to meet with the Pats again to get some revenge:thmbup:

3 to be 4
01-09-2006, 09:08 PM
think of it this way. if it happens again, while the Patriots will be remembered as this generations 60's Packers, the Steelers will always be remembered as this generations
60's Cowboys.

SteelCityMan786
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't care who we play. As long as we win.

BB2W
01-09-2006, 10:52 PM
I want the Patriots... we havw some unfinished business there.

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I've been thinking about this, and, as much as I hate the Pats and want them to lose Saturday, I'd rather play them in the AFCCG, and here's why.

If the Steelers win Sunday, it will be a huge win, one of the biggest in franchise history, and that's great, but I think it would make the Denver game almost sort of anticlimactic. We will be going on the road either way, and I can see the players having more trouble getting up for the Bronc's game then they would have to play the Pat's. Cowher won't have to do anything to get his players motivated to go back to Foxboro.

I don't think it's gonna matter, since I don't envision the Pats winning, and we have a pretty tough uphill road ahead of us ourselves, but it would be very disapointing to lose to a Denver team that i don't believe is as good as the Steelers.

Fire Haley
01-12-2006, 07:03 PM
I've been thinking ....

I stopped reading right there...

SteelersWyo
01-12-2006, 07:09 PM
You need to worry about Indy. Hopefully the team isn't looking ahead like you guys.

24seven
01-12-2006, 07:10 PM
playing in Denver is a dangerous road.. Not only is it 2 time zones away but it's a mile high.. I went to the game in 2 years ago when we lost in overtime and we just didn't do well at all thtat day.. It was pretty uneventful on both sides but bettis and his asmatha doesn't mix well with the high altitude.. I myself found it a little different to breathe there.. I feel we can beat the Pats as long as we don't kill ourselves.. The first meeting was a matter of beating ourselves royally. We didn't capitalize on all the turnovers and we ourselves commited a couple.. Randles being most notable. Plus missing the field goal after Simmons moved was bigtime mistake...We can win.. there's no doubt about it.. As much as i would love to go see the steelers play in Denver again i would much rather us beat the Pats and Indy both leaving no doubt who the real champs are....

louisvillecards
01-12-2006, 07:21 PM
i dont think the pats can get past denver however i want some payback recent or old we owe both teams glad i found this site i used to post on the official site but it has been giving me problems go steelers

Suitanim
01-13-2006, 09:56 AM
I stopped reading right there...

Uncle Leo?

rickmastfan67
01-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Give me Denver. I think we can turn thier QB into a INT machine for us to intercept. I know Troy will want a few of those passes in his hands. ;)

Fire Haley
01-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Uncle Leo?

I'm Dave's dad.
You can call me whitie.

drizze99
01-14-2006, 12:04 AM
It doesn't matter to me. Line them up and we'll mow them down... ONE game at a time.

3 to be 4
01-14-2006, 07:35 AM
I've been thinking about this, and, as much as I hate the Pats and want them to lose Saturday, I'd rather play them in the AFCCG, and here's why.

If the Steelers win Sunday, it will be a huge win, one of the biggest in franchise history, and that's great, but I think it would make the Denver game almost sort of anticlimactic. We will be going on the road either way, and I can see the players having more trouble getting up for the Bronc's game then they would have to play the Pat's. Cowher won't have to do anything to get his players motivated to go back to Foxboro.

I don't think it's gonna matter, since I don't envision the Pats winning, and we have a pretty tough uphill road ahead of us ourselves, but it would be very disapointing to lose to a Denver team that i don't believe is as good as the Steelers.

Cowher wont have anything to motivate the players?? Um, hello!!!!! the Super Bowl???

MichiSteeler
01-14-2006, 11:20 AM
I voted either. I'm confident that we can beat either of them.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Would love a rematch against the Patsy's, but I don't see them beating Denver. On to Detroit!

3 to be 4
01-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Would love a rematch against the Patsy's, but I don't see them beating Denver. On to Detroit!

yeah, im not sure how the Patriots can ever hope to beat the mighty Broncos. Oh well, theres always 2006.

tony hipchest
01-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Cowher wont have anything to motivate the players?? Um, hello!!!!! the Super Bowl???

a re-reading may be in order. what was said is the exact opposite of what you have implied with your response:

"Cowher won't have to do anything to get his players motivated to go back to Foxboro."

3 to be 4
01-14-2006, 01:20 PM
a re-reading may be in order. what was said is the exact opposite of what you have implied with your response:

"Cowher won't have to do anything to get his players motivated to go back to Foxboro."

what was it that i missed? Why would Cowher need to motivate his players?
its the AFC Championship Game. It doesnt matter who you are playing. I woudnt think professionals would need any kind of motivation for an AFC Championship game.
talk to me like i was 4. What did i miss?

VegasStlrFan
01-14-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm torn on this one, I want the Pats for Revenge, but if they go to Denver I'm going to the game! Denver

SalukiSteelers
01-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Broncos, though the thought of Pittsburgh knocking both the Colts and Patriots out is really appealing.

tony hipchest
01-14-2006, 01:39 PM
what was it that i missed? Why would Cowher need to motivate his players?
its the AFC Championship Game. It doesnt matter who you are playing. I woudnt think professionals would need any kind of motivation for an AFC Championship game.
talk to me like i was 4. What did i miss? the posts are self explanatory if you just read them. im suprised if you missed anything.

i cant argue anyones opinion for them (especially when those viewpoints were stated crystal clear) but i can understand what was posted.
however, these 2 statements of yours seem kind of contradictory:

"Cowher wont have anything to motivate the players?? Um, hello!!!!! the Super Bowl???"

"Why would Cowher need to motivate his players?"

maybe theres something im missing. im not so good with 'double-talk' .

clevestinks
01-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Does not matter! Revenge on the Pats would be sweet! But be careful what you wish for!

The winner of our game tomorrow, wins it all!

After tomorrow we will have so much momentum, it won`t matter who we play. All the doubters of ours, all turn to Black & Gold as the favorites to win it all.

Next weeks Power rankings!

Steelers No.1
Pats No.2

Blitzburgh55
01-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Broncos are over rated and the Pats are too good in the playoffs

Livinginthe past
01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
the posts are self explanatory if you just read them. im suprised if you missed anything.

i cant argue anyones opinion for them (especially when those viewpoints were stated crystal clear) but i can understand what was posted.
however, these 2 statements of yours seem kind of contradictory:

"Cowher wont have anything to motivate the players?? Um, hello!!!!! the Super Bowl???"

"Why would Cowher need to motivate his players?"

maybe theres something im missing. im not so good with 'double-talk' .

Allow me to intercede here.

Your quote was "Cowher won't have to do anything to get his players motivated to go back to Foxboro."

This suggests a trip to Denver would require 'motivation' from Cowher.

That is all.

NM

3 to be 4
01-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Allow me to intercede here.

Your quote was "Cowher won't have to do anything to get his players motivated to go back to Foxboro."

This suggests a trip to Denver would require 'motivation' from Cowher.

That is all.

NM

THANK YOU. now i see. "...wont have anything to do to motivate" and "wont have anything to motivate" are 2 different things.

sorry for my thickness if original comment was the first one, Tony

must be "pre-game stupid"