PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks still crying

Mags87
04-05-2009, 09:15 PM
i went to Vegas this past week (running away from the damn flood) and since its the desert, i was walkin around in shorts. i have a Steelers emblem tatooed on my right calf and i was surprised with all the seasquawk fans calling me a cheater. kinda ridiculous i thought

KeiselPower99
04-05-2009, 09:40 PM
At least the Cards fan aint doing that crap yet.

Havik
04-05-2009, 09:52 PM
The 21-0 ass whooping they got in 2007 should have shut them up, but Seahawk fans apparently don't know how to move on. It's easier for them to make excuses rather than accept that they lost and judging from last years 4-12 record probably won't be seeing another Super Bowl for quite some time, if ever.

steelerchad
04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
The funny thing about it is the game wasn't even close. SB XL was one sided. There were a couple of close calls that went our way, but they weren't bad calls they were close calls.

If I remember correctly, we were kneeling out the clock inside the red zone up 21-10. We could have tacked on even more points at the end. I believe their only TD came on a bad pick by Ben that put them in great position just before half time.

Since their offense only scored 3 points on their own, I would like to know how exactly they planned on scoring at least 2 more TD's to win, with or without the REF's help.

And even if they did, we wouldn't have been running out the clock in the red zone at the end, we would have been scoring again.

Maybe their team should have shown up to play, instead of complaining about the officiating. I would almost have a little sympathy if it was one obvious blown call that cost them in a tight game, but come on. It was a no contest. TKO.

mesaSteeler
04-05-2009, 10:23 PM
At least the Cards fan aint doing that crap yet.

Oh yes they are.

"It wasn't a catch. His feet weren't down. The Steelers bought the refs. You cheated."

Whine, Whine, Whine etc. etc. etc.

I hear that crap all the time from the ignorant Turdnial fans.

Godfather
04-05-2009, 10:27 PM
The funny thing about it is the game wasn't even close. SB XL was one sided. There were a couple of close calls that went our way, but they weren't bad calls they were close calls.

If I remember correctly, we were kneeling out the clock inside the red zone up 21-10. We could have tacked on even more points at the end. I believe their only TD came on a bad pick by Ben that put them in great position just before half time.

Since their offense only scored 3 points on their own, I would like to know how exactly they planned on scoring at least 2 more TD's to win, with or without the REF's help.

And even if they did, we wouldn't have been running out the clock in the red zone at the end, we would have been scoring again.

Maybe their team should have shown up to play, instead of complaining about the officiating. I would almost have a little sympathy if it was one obvious blown call that cost them in a tight game, but come on. It was a no contest. TKO.

Butbutbut...every time they made a big play they got flagged. It's irrelevant that every time they made a big play they committed a blatant penalty.

Refresher: Their favorite whines are the offensive pass interference call and the holding call on Locklear. The OPI call wiped out a touchdown and they settled for a field goal....but OPI was a point of emphasis that year and they should have known it by the Super Bowl. The holding call was not only blatant, but they had another lineman with two fistfuls of Casey Hampton's jersey. Even the pro-Seasquawk announcers said "That's gonna get called every time." The holding call wiped out a first and goal and led to Ike's interception which led to the gadget play so the holding call cost Seattle the game. Too bad for them it was the right call so they should blame themselves and not the refs.

fansince'76
04-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Oh yes they are.

"It wasn't a catch. His feet weren't down. The Steelers bought the refs. You cheated."

The same "loyal fans" that needed two extensions by the NFL to sell enough tickets to avoid a local TV blackout of a home playoff game, I presume? :coffee:

MaidenIndiana
04-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Let em cry! What... do they really think that if they cry long and hard enough we'll give them the Lombardi trophey????? YEAH RIGHT:tt03:

KitsapSteve
04-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I have to say I live in the greater Seattle area, Being a pure blooded-Bleed Black and Gold, These Sea-Chicken Fans have severe issues, Every sports team but the new Soccer team SUCK...And when it comes to SB XL wow, they cant get over it, but this season, for me was a laugher for me, watching these Sea-Chicken Fans crawl into their holes,, crying,, so once again we make it to Super Bowls Sea-Chicken ,, start over....

CPanther95
04-05-2009, 10:52 PM
They had one season. They shot their wad, and they know it's going to be a long time before they get another chance.

Let 'em whine. I'll be happy when fans from all NFC teams can whine that we stole a championship from them.

Steel_Bus_24
04-05-2009, 11:29 PM
damm babies can cry to the end of time, won't change anything

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/e/8/fe8779632f62a51215e72346287c5d09.gif

SteelersMongol
04-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh yes they are.

It's always nice 2 have some cash lying around. :chuckle:

kmsteelerwr15
04-06-2009, 12:01 AM
how can we buy the refs when the Rooneys are so cheap?:chuckle:

billybob
04-06-2009, 12:21 AM
ahh , let the Seahawks cry , and whine , or whatever they feel like doing. Don't make no difference nohow to us. There was an expansion time when they were in the AFC.
They made the bed , but it seems they don't sleep so well. They were moved, and we stayed put. Suck it in Seatle , you sucked then , and you will continue to suck for a long.......,long......, time.

Preacher
04-06-2009, 01:58 AM
how can we buy the refs when the Rooneys are so cheap?:chuckle:

:rofl:

Classic!

BrandonCarr39
04-06-2009, 02:50 AM
The Hawks aren't all that great - I mean they were in a VERY bad division during that Holmgren window...pretty much their "good at best" players ended up looking fantastic b/c of all that.

Matt Hassellbeck isn't all that good - if you make him move around even a LITTLE BIT in the pocket, you end up throwing off his accuracy. And their D has consistently been one of the smallest AND lightest in the league. But again - a halfway decent team who's divisional opponents are high schoolish will spell tons of success for them. Of course too, QWest field is THE loudest outdoor stadium in the entire NFL, which helps their defense TREMENDOUSLY(as opposing offenses can't hear snap counts well et al).

BrandonCarr39
04-06-2009, 03:19 AM
They had one season. They shot their wad, and they know it's going to be a long time before they get another chance.

Let 'em whine. I'll be happy when fans from all NFC teams can whine that we stole a championship from them.

They also had no business winning a few of their games that year - which ended up helping them get that #1 seed...

Against Dallas - a Hawks defender tackled Jason Witten in the endzone and the officials threw a PI flag on it. But some other bonehead official stepped in and said how the rain made the Hawks defender slip. Their kicker also missed a chip shot along the way as well. The Hawks went on to score the last 10 pts of the game, including the game winning 50 yard FG at the end...obviously, those 2 plays by the Boys were the big difference.

Against the Giants - both of the Giants lines just bullied the Hawks lines a good one. On offense, Tiki was having a fantastic day running the ball. On defense, Osi/Strahan were just bullying Hassellbeck around. However - the crowd noise forced some 11 false starts on the Giants OL(6 by their LT Luke Pettigout), and Jay Feeley choked a good one at the end of reg AND OT...THREE times.

Against the Eagles - Neither McNabb, Owens, Westbrook, NOR Tra Thomas played...IOW - they were playing against their B team and won easily.

Against the Rams(1st game) - they looked like they were going to lose until the Rams PR muffed one at the end.

Against the Colts - it was Christmas Eve at QWest Field, and with the Colts wrapping up everything, they played their B team. But nonetheless, the Hawks struggled against them a bit.

Against the Redskins in the NFCDG - Carlos Rogers(Skins CB) dropped an INT TD early in the game. Otherwise, Skins go up 10-0, and their power running game would have taken over. And the Skins missed an easy FG in the 4th qtr when it looked like they had the momentum.

So if anything, they got just about every break in the book that year. They really can't complain.

X-Terminator
04-06-2009, 08:57 AM
4 years later and they're STILL whining.

Get.

Over.

It.

Already.

SheHawks fans, your team has won a grand total of 20 games since XL. Try worrying about that rather than endlessly bitch and moan about a game that your team lost because they didn't play well enough to win, not because of the damn referees. I personally have had it up to here with fans whining about officiating when their team loses, and I swear to God, if a SheHawks or Cardinals fan comes up to me with that bullshit...well, let me just end it here before I say something I'll regret later.

Galax Steeler
04-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Oh yes they are.

How can they say his feet wasn't down it shows it in the replay plain as day.

Godfather
04-06-2009, 10:21 AM
How can they say his feet wasn't down it shows it in the replay plain as day.

Yep. You can buy a framed photo of the catch from the Post-Gazette that shows both feet down and Santonio's hands on the ball.

X-Terminator
04-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Yep. You can buy a framed photo of the catch from the Post-Gazette that shows both feet down and Santonio's hands on the ball.

They'll just say it was doctored...as if a reputable newspaper like the P-G would doctor a photo...

Oh, and I believe The Sporting News also had a pic as the cover on their post-SB issue that clearly showed his feet down with possession. I guess the Steelers paid them to doctor that photo too, in their eyes.

God, I HATE crybabies!

fansince'76
04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
They'll just say it was doctored...as if a reputable newspaper like the P-G would doctor a photo...

Oh, and I believe The Sporting News also had a pic as the cover on their post-SB issue that clearly showed his feet down with possession. I guess the Steelers paid them to doctor that photo too, in their eyes.

God, I HATE crybabies!

And don't forget, if the referees weren't in the Steelers' pockets and flagged Santonio for his TD celebration instead of ignoring it, Warner magically would have never fumbled and Fitz the Bionic WR would have outjumped six of our guys for a winning Hail Mary TD in the end zone! :cheer: :coffee:

scsteeler
04-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Whine, Whine, Whine!!!!!!!!!! I am so sick of those fans that just can't get over the fact that their team lost I mean being accused of cheating is one thing but to have actual facts that you are a cheater is another. I could complain about the Patriots all day long but in the end it will not overturn the fact that they have the Trophy and that will not change.

When you hang on to past hurts and yes getting your butts kicked by the Steelers hurts; will never allow you to move forward because you will be whining in your own tears talking about what could have been instead of moving forward and forging a new era!!!!!!!

That is what the Steelers have always done moved forward and now I am looking forward to the 7th Lombardi Trophy!!!!!!!!!!!

Seahawk fans can join the Raiders of the 70's with their execuse of why they did not win.

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
As much as I hate the Cowboys, their fans were never this bad when they loss.

And when we lost back in 1996 against the cowboys we never cried and whine about what could a shoulda woulda happened. These modern day fans make me sick, I blame ESPN!

fansince'76
04-06-2009, 05:55 PM

God, I HATE crybabies!

Of course, the same ones bitching and crying about that don't have anything to say about this, do they?

WDaZSr5EkdM

Never maintained full control. NO CATCH.

BrandonCarr39
04-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Honestly - when all is said and done, all the bad ref calls end up evening out. The officials are no different from QBs who make bad reads, WRs who drop balls, RBs who fumble/miss wide open holes, OL who miss blocking assignments, LBs who fail to shed blocks, DBs who blow coverages, etc.

IOW - they're just as human as the rest of us. With that being said - the officials, in my mind, do a very good job every week. Ultimately, teams lose b/c quite simply, they don't make the key plays to win the game, especially in nail-biters.

The Duke
04-06-2009, 07:03 PM
These modern day fans make me sick, I blame ESPN!

I blame a lot of things, but yeah, ESPN is the main reason

madden too....

Milkman
04-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, I don't hear it from any cards or 'hawks fans cause I live in Ohio.

Instead, I have to hear bunghole and clown fans whine about those 2 SB wins...

AND THEIR TEAMS WEREN'T EVEN INVOLVED! :doh:

X-Terminator
04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Of course, the same ones bitching and crying about that don't have anything to say about this, do they?

WDaZSr5EkdM

Never maintained full control. NO CATCH.

Of course not, because since the Steelers ended up winning, DAY WUZ ROBED!!!11!! :coffee:

And I absolutely blame BSPN for creating today's whiny bitch fan, and not just in the NFL either.

fansince'76
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Of course not, because since the Steelers ended up winning, DAY WUZ ROBED!!!11!! :coffee:

And I absolutely blame BSPN for creating today's whiny bitch fan, and not just in the NFL either.

True, and that particular no-call was to the benefit of an opponent of the Steelers as well. I forgot about my own NFL Officiating Primer there. My bad. :doh:

The Whiny-Assed Crybaby's Primer to NFL Officiating

1. Any and every call and no-call which benefits any and every opponent of the Steelers is always 100% correct and fair.

2. Any and every call and no-call which benefits the Steelers in any way, shape or form, are never correct and always the result of paid-off refs and unfair favoritism by the NFL and the Steelers-loving media.

Also couldn't agree more with the notion regarding Disney Channel II's role in creating the pussies and crybabies that infest sports fandom in this country nowadays.

mesaSteeler
04-08-2009, 12:08 AM
The same "loyal fans" that needed two extensions by the NFL to sell enough tickets to avoid a local TV blackout of a home playoff game, I presume? :coffee:

Those would be the same ignorant bandwagon fans. They are so clueless it's pathetic.

sixstringlass
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Steelers-loving media.

Say what? I was watching NFL Network last week, and I turned to my husband and said, "You know, with all this coverage of Cutler and whatnot, a non-football fan just tuning in would never in a million years know that the Steelers won the Superbowl this year."

Nothing like the knob slobbering the years the asterisks won the darned thing...

X-Terminator
04-09-2009, 09:44 AM
The Whiny-Assed Crybaby's Primer to NFL Officiating

1. Any and every call and no-call which benefits any and every opponent of the Steelers is always 100% correct and fair.

2. Any and every call and no-call which benefits the Steelers in any way, shape or form, are never correct and always the result of paid-off refs and unfair favoritism by the NFL and the Steelers-loving media.

This needs to be required reading for every Steelers fan. It's nothing but the stone cold truth.

fansince'76
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Steelers-loving media.

Say what? I was watching NFL Network last week, and I turned to my husband and said, "You know, with all this coverage of Cutler and whatnot, a non-football fan just tuning in would never in a million years know that the Steelers won the Superbowl this year."

Nothing like the knob slobbering the years the asterisks won the darned thing...

I was speaking of the "Steelers-loving media" in only the most sarcastic way. :chuckle:

St33lersguy
04-09-2009, 12:15 PM
bunch of sore losers. I bet they have an excuse for every loss

The_WARDen
04-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, I don't hear it from any cards or 'hawks fans cause I live in Ohio.

Instead, I have to hear bunghole and clown fans whine about those 2 SB wins...

AND THEIR TEAMS WEREN'T EVEN INVOLVED! :doh:

What would Ohio know about Super Bowls???

:noidea:

Preacher
04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
What would Ohio know about Super Bowls???

:noidea:

Well, according to those in Northern Ohio, SB's are vastly inferior to NFL championships of the 50's and 60's.

:rofl:

NoFieldFive
04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I live in Seattle and hear about the game all the time....it's great being a Steeler's fan in the Northwest.

BrandonCarr39
04-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I live in Seattle and hear about the game all the time....it's great being a Steeler's fan in the Northwest.

Also - if Dallas, Giants, and Philly weren't hit with so many injuries late in that year, I wonder if the NFC playoffs would have turned out differently. Dallas lost their LT Flozell Adams - Drew Bledsoe was having a Pro Bowl year UNTIL he went down. They also had a depleted LB corps when all was said and done.(their run D went down the toilet when Al Singleton and Dat Nguyen went down) The Giants lost Antonio Pierce, and then ended up begging for LBs off the street.

And...Carolina hobbled into that NFCCG *without* a RB(their ENTIRE depth chart got hit).

The Hawks should just feel fortunate they had the best year in their entire franchise.

MACH1
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Also - if Dallas, Giants, and Philly weren't hit with so many injuries late in that year, I wonder if the NFC playoffs would have turned out differently. Dallas lost their LT Flozell Adams - Drew Bledsoe was having a Pro Bowl year UNTIL he went down. They also had a depleted LB corps when all was said and done.(their run D went down the toilet when Al Singleton and Dat Nguyen went down) The Giants lost Antonio Pierce, and then ended up begging for LBs off the street.

And...Carolina hobbled into that NFCCG *without* a RB(their ENTIRE depth chart got hit).

The Hawks should just feel fortunate they had the best year in their entire franchise.

It wouldn't of made a difference in the end.

sixstringlass
04-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I was speaking of the "Steelers-loving media" in only the most sarcastic way. :chuckle:

:tt: I know... I was agreeing with you, in a sort of disagreeable kind of way...

That made no sense, but I'm hungover and don't care.

MACH1
04-14-2009, 12:15 PM
http://ubergeeken.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/seachickens.jpg