PDA

View Full Version : Bengal players were harping about carson all game...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2006, 10:47 PM
According to Foote and Farrior, they were talking about how the Carson injury and the Henry injury were so terrible and we were cheap shot artists and all this and that. It took them completely outta their game plan and the spent the whole game jawing about it instead of focusing on football in the second half.

We were able to regroup and come together in the second half while the bengals just fell apart.

I.C. Lights
01-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I hate to criticize a team we just beat, but the bengals definitely hurt themselves by playing way too emotionally. I could tell it was going to be a problem for them even when they were celebrating after going up 10-0.

Grey
01-08-2006, 10:59 PM
According to Foote and Farrior, they were talking about how the Carson injury and the Henry injury were so terrible and we were cheap shot artists and all this and that. It took them completely outta their game plan and the spent the whole game jawing about it instead of focusing on football in the second half.

We were able to regroup and come together in the second half while the bengals just fell apart.

I think you could see that Mavcin Lewis was pretty unhappy with the way his team was responding to the loss of 2 key players, both on the field and off. I'm sure he could hear all that talk on the sidelines too, and he didn't like it.

There definately was a lot of jawing going on, you could see that. I hope NFL network makes it a Game of the Week.

Here we go.
Grey

CantStop85
01-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I hate to criticize a team we just beat, but the bengals definitely hurt themselves by playing way too emotionally. I could tell it was going to be a problem for them even when they were celebrating after going up 10-0.
The steelers were a little too emotional as well...the difference is the steelers calmed down in the second half, the bengals didn't.

Avoid Lloyd
01-09-2006, 12:51 AM
The steelers were a little too emotional as well...the difference is the steelers calmed down in the second half, the bengals didn't.

You nailed it. Kimo and Troy both said that they were affected by the Palmer injury, but after a quarter or so they managed to calm back down.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 01:04 AM
absolutely agree 85.. both teams were affected by it... fortunately for us we were able to move on and regroup.

SteelerFanInCA
01-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Man, when they showed TJ on the sidelines you would have thougth somebody shot his dog!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 01:28 AM
maybe not shot his dog, but definately ripped out his heart !!

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Its too bad that they thought it was a cheap shot,hopefully today they see that it wasn`t, Kimo is a class act

3 to be 4
01-09-2006, 06:13 AM
yeah, in 2001 the Patriots could have wilted after the Steelers rolled over Brady's leg but they regrouped just fine. And we only had Bledsoe as a backup! They, at least had Kitna.

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Its too bad that they thought it was a cheap shot,hopefully today they see that it wasn`t, Kimo is a class act

A few do...........

"I know Kimo von Oelhoffen," said Bengals OT Willie Anderson, "and he's not a dirty player. He was just rushing the quarterback. He was very remorseful."

Defensive tackle Bryan Robinson......"He took out our ace, but he didn't do it on purpose. We hated for it to be Carson, but that stuff happens. I know him (Kimo). I know the type of guy he is. He didn't do it on purpose."

As for the Bungle ummm.."fans?".....I'm sure we will never hear the end it.

FisherMOM
01-09-2006, 08:28 AM
As for the Bungle ummm.."fans?".....I'm sure we will never hear the end it.

So true.... so true. I keep hearing it already from friends.
Carson this and Carson that.. He did it on purpose...cheap shot....
and you guys were bad sports in the stadium.:blah: :blah: :blah:

I'm sorry what happened to Carson, but a Win is a Win,
and off we go to round 2!

It was definately a HIGH ENERGY game yesterday!