PDA

View Full Version : media taking away from our deserved win....

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
is this a game the pittsburgh steelers won? or the game carson palmer got injured?

the palmer injury is the big story tonite, not the steelers winning. but i guess its always been that way....

Next up: Colts

AvoidLLoyd95
01-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I was gonna start a thread but you said it, Pittsburgh won tonight in convincing matters. Yes, Palmer was injured and it could have made a difference in the final score. Same could have happened had it been Ben's knee injured. Carson is hurt, the Bengals are done and Pittsburgh outplayed them all over the field in the second half. Remember, with Kitna in theSteelers had to come back from 10 twice so it was not like losing Palmer was too much of a handicap. Great teams find a way to overcome adversity. The Bengals could not. Sorry about Palmer, but injuries happen. I hope he comes back with full health. I have to admit, I wish they had beaten them with Palmer in there, but a win is a win. Bring on the Colts!

augustashark
01-08-2006, 10:01 PM
If we go in and beat Indy then this story will be very old news....You as good as your next win.....On to Indy...Thats the only thing that matters now!

tony hipchest
01-08-2006, 10:09 PM
the media coverage does nothing to take away from our win. palmer is a big time pro bowl player and him getting hurt is big news. the media is just doing its job and rightfully so

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I was gonna start a thread but you said it, Pittsburgh won tonight in convincing matters. Yes, Palmer was injured and it could have made a difference in the final score. Same could have happened had it been Ben's knee injured. Carson is hurt, the Bengals are done and Pittsburgh outplayed them all over the field in the second half. Remember, with Kitna in theSteelers had to come back from 10 twice so it was not like losing Palmer was too much of a handicap. Great teams find a way to overcome adversity. The Bengals could not. Sorry about Palmer, but injuries happen. I hope he comes back with full health. I have to admit, I wish they had beaten them with Palmer in there, but a win is a win. Bring on the Colts!
yea i would have liked to see us beat them with palmer in just so the excuses wouldnt be there. but a win is a win, and ill take it.

CantStop85
01-08-2006, 10:27 PM
yea i would have liked to see us beat them with palmer in just so the excuses wouldnt be there. but a win is a win, and ill take it.
Silly, we all know that wouldn't have happened. :blurp:

I don't know, it would have been a lot closer...but I don't know if the result would have been different. If he kept throwing like he did on his only pass, we would have won. :blurp: That carson...such a tease...always getting hurt when the team gets exciting.

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Silly, we all know that wouldn't have happened. :blurp:

I don't know, it would have been a lot closer...but I don't know if the result would have been different. If he kept throwing like he did on his only pass, we would have won. :blurp: That carson...such a tease...always getting hurt when the team gets exciting.
it just would have been more exciting with palmer. after we took the lead the first time, i was pretty sure we would win. now with palmer playing, i prolly would still be stressing a bit.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Nobody can take this win away from us.. they were all over us during our 3 game losing streak when we had all kinds of players out w/ injury..now turnabouts fair play.. injuries or not we won . Plain and simple.

SteelerFanInCA
01-09-2006, 12:16 AM
We were just the better team today regardless of who was playing QB for the bungles.