Steel-Bryan
04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09096/960937-100.stm

CPanther95
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Alex Mack - and two decoys. :laughing:

steelreserve
04-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Don't know much about the guy from LSU, but I'd definitely be happy if we got either of the other two.

Blackvette
04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Fili Moala - from the Kimo Von Olehoffen mold. :drinkup:

SaskSteeler
04-06-2009, 08:56 PM
If we got mack in the 1st and either of the other two guys in the second i would be pretty happy

Give It To Abercrombie
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
If we got mack in the 1st and either of the other two guys in the second i would be pretty happy

I would be very pleased with Mack or Moala.

If we draft Herman Johnson I would be willing to bet that every one of you, scattered around the globe, would hear the string of obsenities spewing from my mouth. Ya know, the kind of stuff that makes a sailor blush.

SunshineMan21
04-06-2009, 11:15 PM
I like Moala as a second round guy who could turn out to be the next Aaron Smith . . . I think everyone agrees that Mack would be a good pick. :)

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Moala and Raji are 2 completely different body types. Raji would be a NT, while Moala a DE for the Steelers.

I like the thought of Moala or Gilbert in the 2nd round as guys that can play DE in the 3-4..........but think both will be gone by pick #64.

Steel-Bryan
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
You guys think we should get a DE first round, WR second, then the O-line ?

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-07-2009, 06:10 PM

No, I would rather get an O-lineman, D-lineman, CB with the top 3 picks. Then another O lineman or ILB before even looking at a WR in the 5th.

Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Nance, are a decent base. WR is possibly the least important position on the field and we have 3 good ones on the roster already.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Cant they both play DT tho? I could be wrong.

Yeah, they can both play DT in a 4-3, but last time I checked........we arent changing to a 4-3.

If the Steelers drafted Raji, he would be a 330lb NT. If they drafted Moala, he would be a 300lb DE(Kind of like Kimo VonOlhoffen).

Steel-Bryan
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Shudnt we just get a WR just incase something [god forbid] happens to one of our top 3 receivers?

devilsdancefloor
04-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Shudnt we just get a WR just incase something [god forbid] happens to one of our top 3 receivers?

NO because i dont wanna hear folks whine about the Oline we need OLINE it might not be a sexy pick but needs to be done.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-07-2009, 07:28 PM
NO because i dont wanna hear folks whine about the Oline we need OLINE it might not be a sexy pick but needs to be done.

I wholeheartedly agree!!! We needed O line and D line last year in the draft and only got Tony Hills out of that. Just say no to another 2nd round WR.

Can always sign a veteran like Mike Furrey to be the #3 WR if Sweed, Nance and Dallas Baker were all to get injured.

SunshineMan21
04-07-2009, 08:51 PM

No. We may need depth at WR, but it's not worthy of a high-round selection unless someone ridiculous like Crabtree dropped.

It's not going to matter who is playing WR soon because Ben will be sidelined by injury if he has to get hit 900 times a game again.

There enough quality linemen available that it's pretty much certain that either

a) We'll have the chance to draft a lineman who could start from Day One (Mack, Britton, etc . . .)

or

b) A huge BPA opportunity occurs with some guys projected to go in the Top 15 falling.

I should add that IMO WR probably has less positional value than any other offensive player.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-07-2009, 09:33 PM
JUST SAY NO TO WIDE RECEIVER!

Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Nance, and Baker.

Without an offensive line to protect Ben, how's the ball going to get to them?

Texasteel
04-08-2009, 07:34 AM

Personaly, I'm hoping for OL, DE, FS, or CB. Then Vasquez.

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
BUT, like last year, if we are sitting there at 64 and have already addressed one need (say DL or OL) with our #1, it would in no way shape or form surprise me if they drafted a WR like Robiskie (as an example) if he was there when they'd expect him to already be gone.

The Steelers proved last April that it's best to draft BPA and make it work rather than address need first and take players that aren't necessarily valued as high as the Steelers are picking.