PDA

View Full Version : Cutler The Answer For Bears?

steelerdave1969
04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Now, I am sure the Bears fans are going crazy now'a days and maybe they should be. They got'em a pretty good QB and play in a division that no one knows from year to year who is gonna be the favorites. But the Bears must get some help on offense with some recievers. They have a good TE Greg Olsen and Devin Hester at WR, but he is not gonna be a big time player that they can depend on like a Larry Fitz or Hines Ward. The Bears still have a lot of work to do to dethrone the Vikings as the favorite there in that NFC North division, or is it the Packers.. or the Lions that is the favorites?.
:laughing:

steelreserve
04-06-2009, 05:18 PM
As far as I know, Anquan Boldin's still all pissed off. Maybe the Bears can get him an his gold teef to play for them.

revefsreleets
04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
They don't need dominant receivers, just capable ones. They really do look a lot like the Steelers during the Kordell years: Great D, solid at O but completely lacking under center. Cutler may very well be the missing link for them...

Steelman16
04-06-2009, 05:28 PM
The Bears still have to cut the puzzle piece to fit. I don't think they'll be as good as people think this year. The year after, though, if the Bears add talent, yes.

BrandonCarr39
04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
If Cutler whined and complained about Josh McDaniels' system, then I can't imagine him liking RON TURNER's offensive system(and for that matter, Lovie's "play not to lose philosophies"). Turner is THE worst playcalling in the NFL.

With that being said - who knows? None of the other NFCN teams are any better - if Childress stubbornly sticks with Tavaris Jackson, then the Vikes aren't going anywhere. The Packers are just decent, at best(that defense is hugely overrated). And the Lions, well, they're the LIONS. The Bears could easily win the NFCN, and maybe even get a 1st round bye assuming going 6-0 in this division will get them off to a big jump start...while other tougher divisions like the NFCE/NFCS will see these divisional opponents beating up on each other.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
If Cutler whined and complained about Josh McDaniels' system, then I can't imagine him liking RON TURNER's offensive system(and for that matter, Lovie's "play not to lose philosophies"). Turner is THE worst playcalling in the NFL.

With that being said - who knows? None of the other NFCN teams are any better - if Childress stubbornly sticks with Tavaris Jackson, then the Vikes aren't going anywhere. The Packers are just decent, at best(that defense is hugely overrated). And the Lions, well, they're the LIONS. The Bears could easily win the NFCN, and maybe even get a 1st round bye assuming going 6-0 in this division will get them off to a big jump start...while other tougher divisions like the NFCE/NFCS will see these divisional opponents beating up on each other.

I don't believe he ever whined about McDaniels system. He was just angry that he tried to trade him and Cutler didn't feel like he was wanted so why waste his time playing for a team that didnt have him in their future.

Galax Steeler
04-08-2009, 06:23 AM
I don't think Cutler is the whole answer but he is a big piece of the puzzle to get that team where it needs to be.

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
With the Pace signing, they got a whole lot better real fast. One quality WR is all they need now to be considered significantly upgraded.

Another thing that bodes well for th Bears is Cutler's playing in the snow in Denver. The Bears weather is hardly conducive to big gaudy passing attacks ala the Cards or the 99 Rams, so it helps to have a QB who can throw the ball in weather...

PeckerWood
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
hell yes strong arm in the windy city he make the bear a better team just by stepping on the field. He has to like the bears running game

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
We'll find out Sept. 20 too! Hopefully we will do better than our current record against them...!!

ShutDown24
04-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Something people seem to forget is this Bears defense has gotten a lot worse year to year since they made th Super Bowl in 06.

Cutler certainly isn't the answer. He's one of the few players on that team that is anything more than a question.

lilyoder6
04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
cutler is a good qb and COULD be the answer for da bears... but who is cutler going to throw the ball too?