PDA

View Full Version : 4/59/0 ?

augustashark
01-08-2006, 11:51 PM
My oh My, Chad Johnson :jerkit: had great stats today. Put the check mark in the NO spot. Ike did'nt even come close to covering him! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

4 catches 59yds and 0 tds.....:checkit:

Way to go Ike......You the man.....:cheers:

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 11:54 PM
for some reason, i just love ike. he should be in cocloughs spot returning kick offs, ****lough hasnt done anything back there

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Ike has done a good job all year. I love the way he is progressing.

Koopa
01-09-2006, 12:02 AM
i just wish he was born with a pair of hands, but i still think he's tight hopefully we can resign him

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 12:06 AM
i just wish he was born with a pair of hands, but i still think he's tight hopefully we can resign him if he was going for interceptions all the time he wouldve given up alot of touchdowns. hes doing exactly what the coaches ask him to do and what he gets paid to do. i dont want no deion sanders on my team.

Sharkissle29
01-09-2006, 12:07 AM
i just wish he was born with a pair of hands, but i still think he's tight hopefully we can resign him
if we dont resign him, we're making a HUGE mistake. but im pretty sure the steelers will, fits the organization well. humble and well mannered.

Koopa
01-09-2006, 12:07 AM
well i ain't saying go after every ball but he's dropped a shitload of for sure ints all season

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 12:11 AM
well i ain't saying go after every ball but he's dropped a shitload of for sure ints all season cowher adressed that last week. he said it seems like the bengals catch all the balls while his secondary drops them all. it hasnt been a problem yet to this point so i will let our young secondary develop. after all our probowler polamalu has dropped a shitload of them all year but im not gonna call for his head.

Koopa
01-09-2006, 12:14 AM
looking around looking........still looking. nope nowhere did i see i want ike cut or don't want him back oh wait looky here i'm actually saying in my first post in this thread saying hopefully we resign him

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 12:46 AM
but we could just draft someone who we hope has a pair of hands and have him sit the bench for a year while he learns the system. or we can stick with a great young prospect who is what got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs. otherwise we shouldve just traded up last year for deangello hall or dunta robinson and forgotten about big ben. hell, ty law will be out there for about 7-10 mil a year, maybe we should morgage our future and go for him. hes got great hands. (where is he now though?)

Koopa
01-09-2006, 01:07 AM
but we could just draft someone who we hope has a pair of hands and have him sit the bench for a year while he learns the system. or we can stick with a great young prospect who is what got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs. otherwise we shouldve just traded up last year for deangello hall or dunta robinson and forgotten about big ben. hell, ty law will be out there for about 7-10 mil a year, maybe we should morgage our future and go for him. hes got great hands. (where is he now though?)

just a question. wtf are you talkin about? if you talkin about me during the game when i said we should draft someone with hands don't mean i want ike to go. it would just be good to add someone to the secondary. what the hell does hall or robinson have to do with this. i never thought once about them, at first i wanted eli but then i heard him cry to his daddy and big brother about playign for the chargers so i switched and wanted us to draft ben. (i would've ben pissed if we got stuck with rivers) and by the way to answer yo last question, he's in the pro bowl

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Go get em Ike !! you da man !

SteelerFanInCA
01-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Nice game CJ.

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 05:22 AM
I wish Ike play CJ every week, he seems to up his game for this match up

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Posted this in Blast Furnace, but here it works here to.

4/59/0
Season total against Steelers 13/207/0
Avg/game 4.3/69/0

Not really much to talk about really...fairly average.

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 12:49 PM
just a question. wtf are you talkin about? if you talkin about me during the game when i said we should draft someone with hands don't mean i want ike to go. it would just be good to add someone to the secondary. what the hell does hall or robinson have to do with this. i never thought once about them, at first i wanted eli but then i heard him cry to his daddy and big brother about playign for the chargers so i switched and wanted us to draft ben. (i would've ben pissed if we got stuck with rivers) and by the way to answer yo last question, he's in the pro bowl

my whole point is that were probably as good as were gonna get in the secondary right now and going into next season. i think getting a great corner is out of the question. why? cause it will cost too much in several different areas. i used dunta and hall as an example cause we couldve tried for one of them but it wouldve cost us not picking ben.
we could trade for someone like champ bailey but that would cost us one of our best players. we could try and get ty law but that will cost us 7-10 mil/year. we are strapped, but what we have done is draft young projects who we can develop. ike taylor was the fastest cb in his draft class but he only had 1 year of experience at the position. i bet mcfadden will have a break out season like polamalu did in his 2nd year. colclough still has lots of potential and this safety tyrone carter just seems to make plays when he needs to. i bet they have a chip on their shoulder going into next season for being considered the weak link. i think they will work hard to improve and i bet cowher has them doing ball catching drills. he seemed a little irritatated when discussing all the secondary drops last week.

Sharkissle29
01-09-2006, 04:33 PM
looking around looking........still looking. nope nowhere did i see i want ike cut or don't want him back oh wait looky here i'm actually saying in my first post in this thread saying hopefully we resign him
looking...looking...well, i dont see that i said anything about you saying you wanted him cut. i was saying what i think the team should do.

Grey
01-09-2006, 04:40 PM
for some reason, i just love ike. he should be in cocloughs spot returning kick offs, ****lough hasnt done anything back there

Great point. I liked seeing Ike back there once Q got hurt. I think Ike and Q might give us a spark on returns. He had a nice return yesterday; I was suprised how fast and direct he ran. Nice.

Here we go.
:tt:
Grey

Sharkissle29
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Great point. I liked seeing Ike back there once Q got hurt. I think Ike and Q might give us a spark on returns. He had a nice return yesterday; I was suprised how fast and direct he ran. Nice.

Here we go.
:tt:
Grey
i was also a bit suprised of his speed and acceleration, anyone have ikes 40 time...rep points whoever gets it for me with a link...im too lazy :bouncy:

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
i was also a bit suprised of his speed and acceleration, anyone have ikes 40 time...rep points whoever gets it for me with a link...im too lazy :bouncy:

i dont have a link but i remember it being like a 4.24 at the combine. he was about the 12-15th ranked cb in the draft that year. all he had was speed and nothing else but 1 year experience. but he was the fastest i know that for sure. i remember thinking "damn, we just got the fastest cb in this years draft"

like i said im going off of memory from usa todays sports weekly draft preview from that year.

Prosdo
01-09-2006, 10:17 PM

I got the link for McMillen & wife.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/tracker/player?id=6782