PDA

View Full Version : What If The Lions Take....

steelerdave1969
04-07-2009, 04:05 PM
What if the Detroit Lions take OT Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe at #1 and then with the #20 pick they take or have the chance at taking OT Michael Oher ? What kind of a start would that be to building a winning team in your opinion? I think it would make things very interesting around the Detroit area if they pulled this off and what better way to protect whoever their starting QB is? :coffee:

revefsreleets
04-07-2009, 04:10 PM
They are the Lions. They would NEVER do anything that made that much sense. I COULD see them taking WR at #1 and......wait for it.......WR at #20!

ShutDown24
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah, in theory it sounds good... But why would they do that when they love Gosder Cherilus (First rounder last year) at right tackle?

fansince'76
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
When's the last time they had a QB that was actually worth protecting?

steelerdave1969
04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, in theory it sounds good... But why would they do that when they love Gosder Cherilus (First rounder last year) at right tackle?

Just a thought by myself I guess, and maybe they could trade down with that last #1 of the Cowboys with the Steelers, that way the Steelers could get Michael Oher and then the Lions could draft the Best Center in the draft in Alex Mack? Maybe the Steelers have to give up one of their 5th rounders to trade spots with the Lions and help both teams get what they need.

Steel-Bryan
04-11-2009, 03:38 AM
They should take Eugene Monroe with the First pick, then get Josh Freeman w. the 20th pick if hes still there. :chicken:

TackleMeBen
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
the lions will probably take stafford with the number one pick. at least they dont have millen make the calls anymore..lol..

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Lions should go Smith or Monroe with the #1 pick and then a D lineman like Robert Ayers, Peria Jerry or Ziggy Hood with #20. Build from the inside out and maybe Freeman is there with the 33rd pick.

Selecting an unproven QB in round 1 can get a head coach fired. None of these QB's are any better than Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco or Chad Henne were last year. So why spend premium picks on QB's that are really 2nd round talents in a decent year. Heck, none of the top 3QB's in the draft is even better than Matt Leinart was in his draft year.

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Heck, they could draft linemen and talent players and then sign Lefty to call the signals for a year or two.

St33lersguy
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Just a thought by myself I guess, and maybe they could trade down with that last #1 of the Cowboys with the Steelers, that way the Steelers could get Michael Oher and then the Lions could draft the Best Center in the draft in Alex Mack? Maybe the Steelers have to give up one of their 5th rounders to trade spots with the Lions and help both teams get what they need.

I like the sound of that

devilsdancefloor
04-11-2009, 01:49 PM
When's the last time they had a QB that was actually worth protecting?

charlie batch:thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-12-2009, 11:25 AM
charlie batch:thumbsup:

Yeah, Batch actually sucked as a Lion, much in the way Mike McMahon did. Come to think of it, Batch hasnt done much impressive as a Steelers except hold a clip board and if Ben was ever injured, he came in and threw some flutter-balls and managed not to lose the game.

steelerdave1969
04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Charlie Batch didnt suck guys, he just had a real bad team around him. With a very good defense around him to protect him and a good running game he can win games, he has proven that in Pittsburgh..

revefsreleets
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I had Batch in fantasy, and the year I had him he wasn't all that bad...won me a couple games in fact.

lilyoder6
04-14-2009, 05:12 PM
the lions can help themselves out a lot this yr with all the draft picks they have..

hopefully they don't eff it up like the previous 10 yrs

Texasteel
04-14-2009, 09:43 PM
the lions can help themselves out a lot this yr with all the draft picks they have..

hopefully they don't eff it up like the previous 10 yrs

Remember, we are talking about the lions.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-15-2009, 03:28 AM
If they are smart (I know, Lions and smart is an oxymoron), they will take an OT with the first overall pick, and get someone to solidify their defense with the second pick.

With the money that will be shelled out to the first overall pick, they need to take a player who has the smallest chance of being a bust.

Jason Smith of Baylor or Eugene Monroe of Virginia would be the best choices.

Then with the second pick they have, they can take Peria Jerry or Evander Hood.

Neither Stafford or Sanchez will be there come #20.

Josh Freeman isn't a first round pick. He's not nearly as polished as Stafford or Sanchez. If they are going to take him, he should be available at their second round pick.

And if he's not, it's not like the Lions are going 11-5 this year. They will have a shot at Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford next year, both I think are better NFL prospects than Stafford.