PDA

View Full Version : Again??!

BrandonCarr39
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.wpxi.com/news/19120643/detail.html

Mother, Daughter Killed In Stowe Township
Posted: 5:57 pm EDT April 7, 2009
Updated: 6:37 pm EDT April 7, 2009

STOWE TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Police said a mother and daughter were killed in a shooting in Stowe Township on Tuesday.

Allegheny County homicide detectives were called to Frazier Avenue just before 6 p.m.

The daughter was reportedly 14 years old.

Police said they have a suspect in mind.

The names of the victims have not been released.

HometownGal
04-07-2009, 07:34 PM
All I know is that I'm not drinking the water here anymore. :horror:

This is a very sad story. From what I heard on the news, the 14 year old came home after school and found her 15 year old sister dead on the LR sofa from a gunshot wound. After she called 911, the police arrived, searched the house and found her Mom dead from a gunshot wound in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Very sad story indeed. :shake02:

steelreserve
04-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey, out here in Oakland, our rampaging gunman killed four cops and our homicidal kill-your-own-family father killed six people. California wins at everything, huh?

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 09:14 AM
This has got be based on despair from the economy.

Hammer67
04-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Or just coincidental rise of nut jobs.

HometownGal
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM

A suspect was arrested earlier today - it appears to be the mother's boyfriend.

http://kdka.com/local/arrest.Stowe.Township.2.979364.html

Police Arrest Man In Stowe Twp. Double Homicide

STOWE TOWNSHIP (KDKA) ―

A man is in police custody today after a mother and daughter were found dead in their Stowe Township home.

Allegheny County police say they have arrested 30-year-old Durand Alexander.

According to police, the bodies of Sherry Crawley, 43, and her 15-year-old daughter Tia were found Tuesday in their home on Frazier Street by a younger family member.

Officials say both were pronounced dead at the scene.

Police report that it is believed the mother and suspect had a relationship.

Alexander is facing two counts of homicide and one firearms violation.

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I still think there is some correlation.

tony hipchest
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey, out here in Oakland, our rampaging gunman killed four cops and our homicidal kill-your-own-family father killed six people. California wins at everything, huh?

oakland is definitely in the lead-

man shoots wife and then himself

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/06/BA6E16T96H.DTL

tony hipchest
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
looks like its not just in pgh and oak-

man kills girlfriend and police officer in shootout thismorning :wtf:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-04-08-nc-shootout_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

tony hipchest
04-08-2009, 10:59 AM
and california is back in the lead-

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/04/4-shot-at-calif-religious-retreat.html

Four shot at Calif. religious retreat

The USA's latest mass shooting has occured at a California religious retreat, says The Los Angeles Times.

One person was killed and at least three people wounded, including the suspected elderly gunman, at the Korean retreat in the hills east of Temecula, authorities said.

Details are still sketchy, said Dennis Gutierrez, spokesman for the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. The site of the attack is Kkottongnae Retreat Camp, run by the Congregation of the Sisters of Jesus.

A language barrier is hampering the investigation, the sheriff's spokesman said. This much is known: Police were called to the area about 7 p.m. Tuesday because of reports that a man was shooting his wife.

"We have some nuns that are very distraught," Gutierrez said.

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 12:15 PM

Or just an increase on national reporting of every shooting incident.

What are the actual murdered by firearms numbers for the first 4months of every year in America and lets evaluate if there really is a huge increase on the incidents of gun violence, or if maybe, its just being reported more.

read one yesterday where a mother and son were at a gun range, mother walked up to her son and shot him in the back of the head, then ate a bullet herself.

steelreserve
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought there were something like 12,000-13,000 gun deaths a year, almost all murders and suicides. So that's something like 50 or 60 a day. You don't hear about multiple killings as often, but it could just be the latest fad.

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I thought there were something like 12,000-13,000 gun deaths a year, almost all murders and suicides. So that's something like 50 or 60 a day. You don't hear about multiple killings as often, but it could just be the latest fad.

Yeah, its pretty high.

2005. 30, 694 Gun related Deaths in the United States. That's like 84 Gun Deaths a Day.

Funny how now today, we we start with the "US Guns in Mexico" Which was actually inaccurately reported at 90% when the amount of guns being seized that are identifed as US guns is really 17%. And now, every shooting is in the news, on every news website.

Was the Economy in 2005 the reason for 30K deaths? Nope.

But it is now?

Bunk Says I. Total Paranoia Bunk to fit a specific Ideological Agenda. And that is to Disarm the US Citizens.

Oh and for the record, 2005, 45,000 motor vechicle related deaths in the US.

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
You may have a point. Didn't think of it that way...

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
You may have a point. Didn't think of it that way...

That's why I'm here, only happy to help :chuckle:

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 05:51 PM
And that would explain all the "Economy is good now...go spend your money" stories.

Although I agree with THOSE ones...

steelreserve
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh and for the record, 2005, 45,000 motor vechicle related deaths in the US.

I've always thought it's ironic that as many people die in intersections every weekend than are killed in the Iraq war in 6 months, yet which one do they have the marches and vigils and protests for? If someone dies in a bad car crash, I don't think it's any less horrible or painful for anyone involved than if someone gets shot fighting a war.

Guess that goes to show how people seize the opportunity to use sensitive issues to further their own goals, huh?