PDA

View Full Version : Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript

Steel-Bryan
04-07-2009, 06:59 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09097/961176-66.stm

Sharkissle29
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
He tends not to have very meaningful information. It seems like all his answers are always "we'll see" or "we dont know yet."

Give It To Abercrombie
04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
He tends not to have very meaningful information. It seems like all his answers are always "we'll see" or "we dont know yet."

While it tends to be uninteresting, he has to print something and its better than him pulling stuff out of his ass.

:bunny:

BlastFurnace
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
To be fair though, even if he has information, he can't come right out and say it.

Not to mention, some questions people ask...I'm not even sure the Steelers know yet.

Steel-Bryan
04-08-2009, 12:23 AM
:drooling: = lol

The Definiti0n
04-08-2009, 12:53 AM
why even bother if he isnt going to answer any questions.

paw-n-maul-u
04-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Ed comes off like an arrogant SOB. almost like it's an inconvenience to answer some of these questions.

Someone asked if he would give his opinion on possible first round picks and he said ...

... No.

Really? It's almost like he's trying to be the funny cool guy. I for one only find a piece of relevant or interesting information in one outta 4 responses he gives. Seriously.

And you can't tell me he doesn't get 1000000 of these questions. He seems like a jack@ss. Honestly, it was almost like he was sitting right there, sighing in exasperation.

Here's a tip Ed. How about answering better questions with more insightful responses, instead of patting yourself on the back for staying an extra 5 minutes to squeeze in your last two smartass responses.

what a joke

Fire Haley
04-08-2009, 07:11 AM
I've talked to Ed through e-mail a couple of times. He's cool.

It's all the same lame questions as always.

It is the offseason - and we already know all the same answers to the same questions.

"Who we we gonna draft, Ed, huh?"

Brilliant.

BlastFurnace
04-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I've talked to Ed through e-mail a couple of times. He's cool.

It's all the same lame questions as always.

It is the offseason - and we already know all the same answers to the same questions.

"Who we we gonna draft, Ed, huh?"

Brilliant.

Exactly!

I don't know what some people on this board expect him to say.

Fire Haley
04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Are you asking me who we should take in the draft? I knew you were.

Let's face it - #32 will be a long wait. I don't care who other teams take, never did.

The only really sexy pick would be if Percy Harvin falls to us - he's a Gator, ya know.

paw-n-maul-u
04-08-2009, 08:50 AM
No one is looking for some top secret insider information. But at the very least don't sound like a pompous ass that has more important things to do with their time.

Why publish a question that you are going to give either,1-no response,2- a smartass response, or 3-ramble on about how you don't know and couldn't know.

You guys are almost making my point for me. If not Ed. Bouchette, then who? the purpose of this stupid little chat transcript is to answer questions, not stroke your own ego with snide responses.

If everyone is so knowledgeable and already knows the answers to all the questions, then why does Ed. Bouchette have a job? You could sit down at the computer for an hour and come up with some better answers than that bull.

I guess I just feel like I see way too much of this sort of stuff from him.

fansince'76
04-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Ed comes off like an arrogant SOB. almost like it's an inconvenience to answer some of these questions.

Well, at least he's not manufacturing another bullshit "controversy" between Ben and Hines which winds up getting plastered on the front page of Yahoo.

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I like Ed and his chats.

I laugh during some, and find some of his answers insightful or at least, he points me to things to read up on, like Lefty and the Redskins or that McFadden didn't want to sign a long term deal hoping to make bank in a couple years down the line.

Steel-Bryan
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Well, at least he's not manufacturing another bullshit "controversy" between Ben and Hines which winds up getting plastered on the front page of Yahoo.

huh ?

fansince'76
04-08-2009, 01:37 PM
huh ?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23195

Which led directly to this:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Screenshot1.jpg

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of Ed "Bullchitte" due to crap like that. Personally, I think the guy needs to get a real job instead of being a professional gossip.

Steel-Bryan
04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
oh :chuckle:

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Ed's a wise man. If he doesn't prognosticate about draft picks, he can't be wrong. It's hard enough to guess even the top 10, let alone the 32nd pick, AND it's the Steelers and they definitely do their own thing, so...

Sharkissle29
04-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Exactly!

I don't know what some people on this board expect him to say.

He can at least have an opinion on who he thinks the steelers will draft...

Fire Haley
04-08-2009, 06:20 PM
One guess is as good as another.

I like mine the best.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Ed's OK, sure his chats sometimes come off as if he is a grumpy old man with an enlarged prostate and the chat is keeping him from the can.

You have to read between the lines in those chats, like several months ago when he eluded to the fact that Sweed drops a lot of passes in practice. He has some gems of insight, but when asked stupid questions, he sometimes gives a 1 word answer and other times a snarky comment.

He is no worse to read than just about any other columnist. At least he isnt trying to stir up controversy for something to do like Ron Cook or Madden do.